Realtime/Streaming data from MySQL into Excel

All,

I have my very simple MySQL database that myself and three others are using
to input, store and share data.

How do i go about getting a realtime/streaming feed from my database into
excel? Can I make use of the Excel RTD function or does it involve me just
running a refresh query alot!?

thanks very much

richard

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

RTD depends on the availability of an RTD server to make the real-time data
available to Excel.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289150

"Richard Edwards" wrote:

> All,
>
> I have my very simple MySQL database that myself and three others are using
> to input, store and share data.
>
> How do i go about getting a realtime/streaming feed from my database into
> excel? Can I make use of the Excel RTD function or does it involve me just
> running a refresh query alot!?
>
> thanks very much
>
> richard

0
Mike1154 (1216)

address list in excel need to get into outlook contacts
I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after mapping. is ther a certain way to do the spreadsheet to get outlook to import correctly? You might try looking here: Microsoft.public.outlook Microsoft.public.outlook.contacts Microsoft.public.outlook.general Ed "mark odom" <metalroofing@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:042a01c3b23a$80f282d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to get a spreadsheet full of contacts into > outlook and outlook is not recognizing even after > mapping. is ther a certain w...

Moving data from personal folders to exchange folders
Hi, My company is migrating over to use Microsoft exchange. I have it working on my system but the problem is that in Outlook new folders are created on the exchange server for inbox, calender, tasks, etc. The Outlook shortcut bar points to the new folders. So How do I move the data from my old folders to the new folders on the exchange server? For instance how do I move all of my Calender data from my calender under personal folders to the new calender which shows up in outlook under "Outlook Today [mailbox]"? Any help would be appreciated. Dave ...

Other data bases?
Hello! I am a Vba/Excel fanatic and have made several succesful applications. I was wondering, however, how can I use VBA with other data bases such as MySQL? What is the procedure for migrating to other data bases? Could you give me some advice for using a succesful application with a database that is about to reach the 65536 row limit? I thank you in advance, Albert Why don't you store the data in a MySQL database, and use Excel to query data using ADO. Your SQL can select the records you need, or even summarise it. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with g...

Excel Depth
I have done a lot of R and D on excel, but whenever i see excel I definitely find something new... Excel is really really deep... Manish Hey Manish, are you from mumbai?? "Manish" wrote: > I have done a lot of R and D on excel, but whenever i see excel I definitely > find something new... > > Excel is really really deep... > > Manish ...

Data Access Page
I am quite a novice with Access, but I have managed to create a basic database. Previously when entering reference numbers on a data access page, when I used "tab", the rest of the corresponding information would show up. For whatever reason, I can now only see this information when I "save". I haven't a clue what I have pressed or unticked. Can anybody help me please? Cath ...

Charting more than 255 bits of data
Is there a way to chart more than 255 bits of data; which is Excel's limit? If yes, is there a limit to that amount of data? Thanks. That's the limit to the number of series in a chart. Each series can hold up to 32000 points, subject to a maximum of 256000 points in the chart. I suspect you have 255 series each with one point. Could you select the data all at once and make a single series with 255 points? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "PVakerling" <PVa...

Sharing data across worksheets within a workbook based on identifi
I'm trying to figure out how I can automatically have data inserted into one worksheet copied to another based on an identifier. For example...In my first worksheet (i'll call it "all data") I want to use the first column to give each line item an identity (in this case either the letter "a" or the letter "b"). Once I've input all of my line items I want to have a formula that will automatically copy all the line item data for those lines identified with an "a" to a separate worksheet (I'll call it "A"). I want to be a...

default shapes in excel 2007
Hello Is it possible to change the default shape formatting in excel 2007 for using it in another 'session'. When I add a shape to a sheet the fill is blue an the line (also blue) is 2 pt. When I change this to the shape I want I can set it as the default shape but only for the current session. Is it possible to set the format from the default shapes to the shapes you want for using them any time or is it possible to create a macro for this? Thanks in advance Kind regards Al Hi, It seem that setting the default applies to the current workbook, not the current session. Ho...

Data Validation #52
I am trying to do some data entry error checking using the dat validation custom box. I can't seem to get the syntax right. I want t allow entry if the value the data is <C8 or = "out of service". Th Value of C8 is 35,000..Can anyone please help? Thanks, J -- john507 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- john5079's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38123 See if this works for you (for cell A1): Data>Validation Allow: Cu...

XP (Excel 2003) vs Windows7 (Excel2007) Printing
I have Excel Files containing Macros created in WindowsXP Excel2003 ... which print fine ... Same Files opened & saved in Windows7 Excel2007 as Macro Enabled WorkBooks ... DO NOT print fine. In both cases (Excel2003 & Excel2007) Print Preview is perfect ... However, printing from Excel2007 does not print the bottom 2-3 inches of paper. I am not getting what I see in Print Preview ... Have tried 2 different printers with same result. Excel2003 ... Opens & Prints the Excel2003 File Fine. Excel2003 ... Opens, converts, & Prints same File saved in Excel2007 Fine ...

Convert Data in Columns to Rows
Hello, Is there a way to take a column of data and convert it into rows? For example: WAS: A1=1 A2=2 A3=3 NOW: A1=1 B1=2 C1=3 Thank you Hi use 'Edit - Paste Special - Transpose' for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Glenn wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to take a column of data and convert it > into rows? > For example: WAS: A1=1 A2=2 A3=3 NOW: A1=1 B1=2 C1=3 > > Thank you Hi Glenn, If you have a lot to do see also: David McRitchie's website http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.html >-----Original Message----- >Hello...

enter the same data but with different raw and column at one time in a group worksheets
Is that possible if I can do just one time for a group worksheets to enter the same data with the same raw contents, but with different raw and column? Hi if I understood you correctly: No >-----Original Message----- >Is that possible if I can do just one time for a group worksheets to enter the same data with the same raw contents, but with different raw and column? >. > ...

how to add hours and minutes in excel
I have caliculated the time worked for the day using the formula =TEXT(D2-C2, "hh:mm"") -where D2 is the time work closed and C2 is the time work begun. I got total time worked for the day in hours and minutes. I caliculated like this for the whole month. Now here I am facing a big problem totalling all the worked hours for the whole month. I used the formula =SUM(E2:E26) where E2 is D2-C2 and so on. But no result. I formatted the cell where the formula =SUM(E2:E26) as [hh]:mm as I have seen this formatting on these pages.But to no use.Can any one can help me how to ...

Need to get slope of peaks on excel graph
I have a graph with many peaks which are decreasing logarithmically and i need to get the slope of these peaks ignoring the "Noise" which is below these peaks. Any suggestions ??? Sorry I probaly didnt word the question well. My graph has many peaks e.g. 20 peaks, each one smaller than the previous one. What i am trying to do is draw a lins through the top of these peaks and then get the slope of this line. I have tried using the trendling but with no success. It does give me ths slope of the whole graph which is useful but not what i am looking for. Regards Capillod &quo...

Entering data
Hi, I'm entering quite a large inventory list from another POS and trying to find a faster way. 1. New item wizard does not allow creating vendor record as I enter new items. The drop box took too many steps to get to vendor list. Is there a short cut? 2. Matrix requires entering the dimensions and attributes for each item. I understand there is an option to establish matrix code for sizes and colors (for apparel), but I can't seem to pull up the code in New Item wizard. 3. Is there a way to add a color or a size to a matrix after the new item has been created. I understand ...

Excel Subtoal
I'm an ASB advisor for my school and we are selling Homecoming tickets. I need to find a way to have excel make a subtotal for the money we recieve for tickets based on whether it's cash or checks. For example Colum A is the payment type and column B is how much they paid. How can I get a sum of all the amount's paid in cash vs. check? If you could help I would really appreciate it. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice C# Dev Guide to ASP.NET/ADO.NET/XML http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/750793d8-6c57-4ae0-b75c-62447b32e36f/c-dev-guide-to-aspneta.aspx Am...

Sort Ascending button
My office has just deployed Office 2003 (migrated from 97) and I am still getting used to some differences. The Sort Ascending button is behaving differently and I'm not sure if there's a setting somewhere to govern this... Used to be if you had a contiguous block of cells, you could click a SINGLE cell in the column you wanted to sort on. The data in the whole (contiguous) table would sort but the HEADER ROW would stay in place. Now, when I click Sort Ascending, the sort is including the header row and moving it out of row 1. Is there a way to control this? I've searche...

streaming files
my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance On Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:26:04 -0800, "missing image from word document" <missingimagefromworddocument@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >my exchange server is low on disk space. Is it possible that I can delete the >tempdfrgxxxx.stm in the \\exchange\bin folder. thanks in advance It shouldn't be there. Copy it out and then keep a close eye on it. How big is it? As long as you aren't in the middle of an offline defrag, ...

Excel #140
Change toolbars in one Excel file only. Can you elaborate a little? -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "C. Christman" <CChristman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65FA95A1-CCAB-4790-8755-0CB242F9C000@microsoft.com... > Change toolbars in one Excel file only. ...

Extract Final Row Mulitple Excel Files into Combined Workbook
Hi, Not sure if anyone can help on this, but I am completely struggling with VBA and have been looking through threads to try and find a solution. I'm trying to open multiple excel files by looking at a specific directiry file and then locate the final row and extract the data into one spreadsheet. I think I've managed to produce a VBA to look at multiple files but the rest.......help ! Can anyone help? Regards, Paul Holmes range("A65536").end(xlup).entirerow.copy destination:= activeworkbook.close get the next workbook "londonpaul" <paul.holmes@scottwilso...

Importing Excel Data
I'm receiving the following error message when I try to import a MS Excel 2007 file into Access 2007 (into a new table): The search key not found on any record. Then it tells me the file will not be imported. I've looked at the Excel file and don't see anything wrong with it -- any suggestions? Thanks! -- Jen Scott Look here: http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-92702.html Seems to be related to indexes. Regards Kevin "Jen Scott" <JenScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56037922-D70F-41...

Realtime Clock
How to put real time clock in a cell? somebody had posted a code last month in this newsgroup but I could not find it. thanks there were several posts. You can search the archives: http://google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* to find the one you wanted. Use "clock cell" (without quotes) as your search term, and limit the search to the last month with the date dropdowns. In article <Lqzab.3264$I9.2297@newsfep4-winn.server.ntli.net>, "MeAgain" <p0paji@internet.aab> wrote: > How to put real time clock in a cell? > somebody had posted ...

Excel lookup table assistance needed
I am looking for assistance on using the lookup table functions. I hav scoured the web and tried the Excel help files to no avail. I have file that I have created a main dropdown list named component. I the have a dependent dropdown lists (Product, Region) associated with th components. My problem arises when I need the due date cell popultae with the correct due date from the tables. In the example below would like to see 2 entered automatically in the due date cell for th apple entry and 1 for the carrot entry. Any help you may provide woul be GREATLY appreciated. Master File: Compo...

"All" option in data filtering
I'm using the selection in a combobox showing all the values in a lookup table to filter records in a child form. I did this by linking the value of the combobox to the equivalent field in the records being shown in the child form. I've gotten a feature request to add an "All" option to the available selections. Is this doable, and if so how? Your form is based on a query and one of the fields has criteria that looks like: Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourCombobox Change that criteria to: Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourCombobox Or (Forms!NameOfYourForm!NameOfYourCombobox...

Pivot table grouping dissappear after data refreshed
Hi, I am encountering some problem with pivot table's data after i refreshed the pivot table. I have a template with grouping and setting done, however, when i paste new data into the raw data worksheet and refresh the pivot table, the grouping in my pivot table dissapear. But, when i check from the drop down box, i can see my grouping but it doesn't appear in my pivot table. Anyone know why? ...