Re: File Not Found #2

"Leslie Coover" <lcc66604@cox.net> wrote in message news:...

>> When I try to copy just a few worksheets from a large workbook
>> to a new workbook I get bunches of File Not Found boxes that pop up
>> when I try to open the new workbook.  How can I stop this?
>>
>> Les
>> Excel 2000

0
lcc666041 (8)
3/25/2007 6:28:23 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

No blank lines in text files #2
When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empty row in the new spreadsheet. Now all non-blank rows are jambed together in one column! How do I get Excell2003 to opoen Comma Delimitted files properly (including empty lines?) Oops, managed to send the same question twice! How can one delete a subject? "Charlie Gotwald" wrote: > When opening a comma delimitted file, I don't get blank lines anymore. In > Excel 2000, if a line in the text file was empty I would get an empt...

font #2
Hi, Is there anyway to enlarge the font of the F screens. When using the F5 and others, the font are so small. Thanks Melissa About all you can do is reduce the screen size of your monitor. If you change from 1024x786 to 800x600, the fonts will appear bigger, but you will loose real estate at the right and bottom of the screen. The only way to modify the built in screens is to find an add-in that replaces them. You could also try the windows screen magnifier - part of the accessibility tools in windows... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercree...

Changing password #2
Hi, If I change a domain user's password, will that user's Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? I mean, does Active Directory share the same password with Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Exchange never had passwords separate from domain, not even in Exchange 4-5.5 era. So you would change just one password, which belongs to AD account. Michael wrote: > Hi, > > If I change a domain user's password, will that user's > Exchange Server 2003 mailbox's pssword be changed too? > I mean, does Active Directory share the same password > w...

Error when opening .csv files
Hi Whenever I try to open up a .csv file in Excel (2000) by either double clicking on the file or use the "Open"-menu it opens up the document without separating the columns at the comma. Everything goes into the first column. If I rename the file to become a .txt-file and then open it up in Excel it works just fine as long as I change the separator to a comma sign. What could be wrong? Regards Wayne I'm guessing that the list separator in the file is different from the list separator inside your windows setting. You could either continue doing what you're doing or...

Convert PNG file to Bitmap without a DC?
I'd like to store images resources as PNGs due to the compression over bitmps. To load such a resource and get it converted to a bitmap for the eventual Blit to my screen DC, I basically want the equivalent of LoadBitmap. Better yet, I was thinking I would create a CBitmap derived class "CPNGImage" that would have a "LoadPNGResource" method much like CBitmap's LoadBitmap method. So far so good. The stumbling block for me at this point is that the process of converting the PNG to a bitmap seems to require a DC compatible with my device. This is neatly enc...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Re-install Outlook 2002

Saving files when closing Excel
Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after changes to the file have been done. Hi have you checked that there's no event macro in your file? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jonathan Gold wrote: > Excel does not prompt for saving changes when closing a file after > changes to the file have been done. ...

access file to exe file
Hi, good day! May i know the procedures on how to make access file to an executable file. I read a lot of Access books from 97 to XP versions but i was not able to find any. thank you very much and anticipating your response. Anthony > May i know the procedures on how to make access file to an > executable file. I read a lot of Access books from 97 to > XP versions but i was not able to find any. I tried a number of converters to translate Access into Visual Basic, all with limited success. Even when I was able to get a form working it required as much time to tweek it a...

?�Z�k ?��??�ra? ??�s?�� #2

Query not found in Dataviewer Business Portal 3.0
I am new to BP...and working my way through it. I was in the INVENTORY section and was modifying the queries to show all rows and no "Pick a Task" section. When I clicked "apply" I was returned with "One or more errors have occurred....Can not change Web Part Title due to a save error on the foler. /DataViewer/Item List-Item List". NOW I cannot get ITEMS>view Inventory Information to work. Dataviewer shows a folder marked Item List-Item List/Item List but the whole thing doesn't appear to work. I need to help in fixing. Thank you Pam, Thanks ...

If Function help #2
I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, where both criteria must be met: Z9 must be true and S9 must = COS. Any assistance why this isn't working would be greatly appreciated. =IF(AND(Z9=TRUE,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") Thanks! Hi What is contained in Z9? Maybe you need =IF(AND(Z9,S9="COS"),B9,"N/A") -- Regards Roger Govier <mansfieldtw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178309371.607676.90090@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... >I have what should be a simple IF then formula, which is copied below, > where b...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

summing number of 'y's in a filtered column #2
thanks domenics one seems to be workin -- neowo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- neowok's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31434 ...

Problem opening files in excel with a specific account
Hi. We have problmes opening a couple of files in excel, without any specific error message. The application just "hangs". When we log on to WXP as another user, the files work fine. We have re-installed excel, deleted and recreated the user profile which has problems, but still no luck. Anybody got a clue why this is happening? The computer excel is running on is a DELL Optiplex Pentium HyperThreading machine. Thansk in advance. Sometimes cleaning up the windows Temp folder will help. If that doesn't help, sometimes the file that contains the toolbar customizations...

how do I embed files to tabs in a worksheet?
please help... not sure what you mean, a worksheet is a tab in a workbook (sheet1, sheet2, etc) do you want the worksheet itself to have tabs? "jc80013" wrote: > please help... ...

Can't upload a file from my system
Using IE8, Windows XP, and SP3. When I am asked to upload a file (resume) from my system, click on Browse, My Documents opens then after about 3-5 seconds, My Documents window closes and I am not able to upload a file. This just started within the last 2-3 weeks. -- Bob M Hi, 1. Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons. or from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons) If the problem goes away, a browser add-on is causing it. For troubleshooting informa...

how do i make a value entered be * 2
I want to make the value of the number I enter be * 2 example: if I put in 1 i want it to equal 2 in my sum in another column can anyone help me BigAL921 Wrote: > I want to make the value of the number I enter be * 2 > example: if I put in 1 i want it to equal 2 in my sum in another > column > can anyone help me This is probably what you need. Enter this in, say, Cell B1 =2*A1 where A1 will contain any value that you want as your input. Regards. -- BenjieLop ------------------------------------------------------------------------ BenjieLop's Profile: http://www.exce...

Does XP have a file to decompress *.gz files?
I hope this isn't too off-topic. I have XP media center and also XP home. Will these include a application to decompress files with the extention GZ. I know Winzip doesn't work. Thanks. Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), FL Jackson wrote: > I hope this isn't too off-topic. I have XP media center and > also XP home. Will these include a application to > decompress files with the extention GZ. I know Winzip > doesn't work. > > > Thanks. > Jack from Taxacola (formerly Pensacola), FL http://www.7zipdownload.com/ philo ...

Pivot Table #2
I have a database with type and age ranges in columns. Six age ranges. One type column. The data (dollars), by type and age range are below each age range column. I want a summary report that sums the dollars by type and age combined. My preference is to have the sum of age ranges in the rows, the type in the columns with the dollar sum of each type and age range in the data fields. I hope to have the sum of the types for all ages on the right and the sum of the ages for all types at the bottom. It seems simple enough but, I don't seem to be able to make the table work? If ...

Re-Enable CRM User

Excel Icon for files
I am running Windows 2000 professional on my PC and connected to a LAN. I am running the MS office 2000 Professional suite. When, I save a worksheet from Exel 2000 it does not save the file with the common Excel file Icon(green X). The file is displayed with the default Windows Flag Icon. When I double click on this default Windows Flag Icon the system tries to open the file with Word not Excel. Word and PowerPoint both save with their common Icons. The Excel program saved fine a couple of weeks ago. I have not installed any new software and our server takes care of Virus protection thro...

Business Portal 2.7 and eReq (print a PO, display GL account descr
Has anybody tried diplaying the GL acct description when you choose to viiew or edit a doc in eReg. Also, has anbody been able to print or display the PO that gets creaed in eReq from the eReq module without having to log inot Great Plains to get access to it. thks david ...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...