Re: average using Pivot item calculations

Hi,
I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b
week.  So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th
column field.  I want the chart to display the total for each week as
bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou
weeks as a line on top of the bar graph.  I have tried to figure ou
how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor
right.  So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik
entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther
aren't four previous weeks it can just take the average of however man
weeks there are).  This is kind of what I envision but if anyone has
different approach I'm open.

Sum of X
Week...................................Total X
1.............................................5
Subtotal (4wkavg)......................5        <----------avg of wee
1
2.............................................4
Subtotal (4wkavg)......................4.5     <---------avg of week
& 2
3.............................................3
Subtotal (4wkavg)......................4        <--------avg of wee
1,2,&3
4.............................................7
subtotal (4wkavg)......................4.75    <-------avg of wee
1,2,3,4
5.............................................8
subtotal (4wkavg)......................5.5     <------avg of wee
2,3,4,5
6.............................................3
subtotal (4wkavg)......................5.25    <------avg of wee
3,4,5,6
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to paste text into a comment box using toolbar commands
I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet. I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet. Thanks for your help ..... "Halifax" <Halifax@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:721F3AF2-3E36-4DE8-A083-3475D21FA277@microsoft.com... >I have a range of cells containing text on one worksheet. > I want to paste this text into a Comment Box in a NEW worksheet. > Thanks for your help ..... I don't see the problem. Copy the text, and in the new worksheet paste into a comment... -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

how to use STATIC control to display temperature in degree (oC)?
I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit in degree (that is oC). How to do that? CString Temp; Temp.Format("%ld%cC",Degrees,0xB0); AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1129056720.751477.33580@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > I want to use the Static control as a label to display temperature unit > in degree (that is oC). How to do that? > ...

Re-install Outlook 2002

Pivot Table Calculated Item #3
I am querying an external database to retrun a pivot table, then i am adding a calculated field that calculates Regular hours * Bill rate. to come up with total revenue. When it runs, the calculated amounts are 2, 3, 4 times more that what it should be. any ideas how i can get this calculation to return the right amounts. thanks Jerry H5 erry Excel stores hours as fractions of a day, so multiply Hours * 24 * Bill Rate Regards Roger Govier jerry wrote: > I am querying an external database to retrun a pivot table, then i am adding > a calculated field that calculates Regular...

retain items in the list control when application is close
how do i retain items in the list control so that even when i close the application, the items would be availiable in the list control. Dear dspman, You can do this by either writing into a file or write to registry. Cheers Alvin To add to what others have mentioned about writing to the registry (or a file if you'd like) remember to keep the "string" not just the index in case the things in the list change the next time you run the program. You can serialize all of the settings in your program using this method. Tom "dspman" <dspman@dspman.com> wrot...

Re-Enable CRM User

Outlook rules wizard replies using From field instead of Reply-To address
This is regarding Outlook 2007 and its rules wizard. We have a mail folder with hundreds of emails that were sent on behalf of people. So the "From" and "Reply-To" are different. We created a rule so that we can reply to all of these people but the rules wizard onto uses the From filed when it processes the messages instead of the Reply-To field. This behavior only happens with the rules wizard, we can go through each email, click reply, and get the Reply-To address just fine. I understand there was an article posted by Microsoft about this issue however it was in 2003. I...

Pivot Table #2
I have a database with type and age ranges in columns. Six age ranges. One type column. The data (dollars), by type and age range are below each age range column. I want a summary report that sums the dollars by type and age combined. My preference is to have the sum of age ranges in the rows, the type in the columns with the dollar sum of each type and age range in the data fields. I hope to have the sum of the types for all ages on the right and the sum of the ages for all types at the bottom. It seems simple enough but, I don't seem to be able to make the table work? If ...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Colour Banding in pivot tables
Hi all, Is it possible to do colour banding in pivot tables? I have searched all avaible AutoFormat and I could find none, nor could I do it using conditional formatting. Thanks a lot. Frederick Chow Hong Kong. Frederick, My Excel add-in "Shade Data Rows" seems to work on Pivot tables. I just tried it out on a pivot table as have never had the need. It shades groups of like valued rows or by every nth row. Does the selection width or the entire sheet width. Choice of colors and an option to skip hidden rows. Comes with a one page Word.doc install/use file. Free upon direc...

Re: exmerge error

Promotion on item
I am trying to sell an item using buy 5 get 1 free discount for the customers on price level standard and level A only. I don't want to offer this deal for the customers on price level C and D since my price of this item is already very low. Is there a way to do this ? Thanks for help. Hi, We have a HQ/Store level promotion add on which takes into consideration price level c, d as you requested. Apart from that feature it has comprehensive promotions features all controlled from HQ/Store like: Standard Buy all items in the list with the qualifying quantities Only one list w...

I need to go back to using my RR email address in RR
I switched my Road Runner email address to Outlook 2007. I no longer receive my emails at RR. How can I switch my email delivery back to RR? Call Road Runner support -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "jmc112449" <jmc112449@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6FCC0D22-6056-4A2C-9BC1-135BD50E4176@microsoft.com... >I switched my Road Runner email address to Outlook 2007. I no longer receive > my emails at RR. ...

Using EAN barcodes
I am using SO 2.0 SP1. I need to setup some products with EAN13 barcode format. We are contemplating to use GS1 registered barcodes. I was wondering if anybody is using EAN barcodes and if there are any "gotchas" I should look out for. I would probably use a 12-digit product number, which would be good enough for our purpose. Or is there any advantage to use a 13-digit number? I also tried to print some EAN13 labels but did not find a template that prints the item code right underneath the barcode, kind of embedded in the barcode. Is that a special template that need to be us...

Outlook2003 tries to configure itself for using Visio2007 after each start
Hi, I have installed MS Office 2003. Now I have updated my Visio2003 with Visio2007 from MSDNaa. Everything works fine - but I have one annoying issue: After each start of Outlook2003, a dialog appears that wants to configure Outlook for using Visio2007. After this configuration I have to reboot my computer. When I now restart Outlook, the same procedure happens again. This occurs always, when I start Outlook. Is there any possibility to shut off the integrity between Visio and Outlook? Best regards Alex ...

How do you create resouces to be used
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C4230B.97650910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I was told that you can create resources (conference room) to be used = for scheduling. How is this done? Do you lose mailboxes? --=20 BART DANBY ------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C4230B.97650910 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META h...

How to use Live Messenger Web Toolkit to register domain
Hello, i downloaded Live Messenger Web Toolkit sample from here : http://messenger.mslivelabs.com/Samples.zip And i want to just test it, not put it in production. I tried to register application with one of my live application domain(http://quiz.it.msn.com/), but I get error: "Domain does not exist" can you please advice how to get rid of this error....will really appreiciate any immediate reply... ...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Animation Using Visio & VBA
I'd like to move an icon (named shIcon) from point A to B, and I can do so by adding in a 1-second delay between moves. The way I've done it is: With shIcon dx = 0.1 * (xLoc - .Cells("pinX")) dy = 0.1 * (yLoc - .Cells("pinY")) For i = 1 To 10 dt1 = Now + 1 / 86400 ' Next 3 lines create a 1-second delay (not the best way to do it, but it works) Do Until Now >= dt1 dx = dx Loop .Cells("pinX") = .Cells("pinX") + dx .Cells("pinY") = .Cells("pinY") + dy Next i End ...

Scratch that, using a filter did not work
I wrote too soon. you can't paste multiple sectors using a filter back to sq 1 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP You have replies at your first post. It's better to stay within the same thread. Ben wrote: > > I wrote too soon. you can't paste multiple sectors using a filter back to sq 1 > > HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP -- Dave Peterson I figured this out after I posted the 3rd note, sorry! Ben "Dave Peterson" wrote: > You have replies at your first post. > > It's better to stay within the same thread. > > Ben wrote: > > > > I wrot...

using ms access as database in windows appplication
i gets " unspecified error" when i inserts new data to database and when i fetches the data from access database is it the problem from access Access Error, No one here can see your monitor.... Please provide Windows version, Access version and what you are doing at the time of the error (ie. opening a form, running a query, etc...). Posting that information increases your odds of getting assistance. -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II "access error" <access error@discussions.microsoft.com> ...