Ranking, I think

I have a column of values which I need to rank from highest, 1, to lowest,
18.
Help please as I can't find anything on google.

--
Cheers
Stephen

Have you considered sorting them ascending?
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012 01:54:36 +0000 (UTC), Stephen <steve@dmsystems.co.nz> wrote:

>I have a column of values which I need to rank from highest, 1, to lowest,
>18.
>Help please as I can't find anything on google.

How about using the RANK worksheet function?
0
ron6368 (329)

Amazon sales rank: tea leaves or useless?
M04 Deluxe amazon.com sales rank 926, releases 7/14 M04 Small Business amazon.com sales rank 747, releases 7/17 M04 Standard amazon.com sales rank 431, releases 7/14 M04 Premium amazon.com sales rank 302, releases 7/17 Quicken2003 Deluxe amazon.com sales rank 74, been out almost a year FlightSim 2004 amazon.com sales rank 15, releases 7/29 What's it all mean? I'm actually surprised so many people are jumping all over the Premium version with no hint yet that it does anything worth the extra bucks. ...

HELP! IF function..... I think!
Hi, Im a beginner with excel and think I need to use the IF function to d it. OK, heres what i want to do: At present, I am using this formula in cell A5: =IF((A1="ACC"),"IIBD ACC", "INVALID CAUSE CODE") This works fine and when ACC is entered into cell A1, IIDB ACC appear in cell A5. But, I want to add more values to it, i.e, I want cell A to still display IIDB ACC when ACC is entered OR another specifie value such as ACC1. There are about 156 different values that i need. Another problem is that for some of the values, displaying IIDB AC would be incorrect ...

I think the SUTA report for Washington is incorrect.
The taxable wages should include the Section 125 deduction amounts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a32a6c04-4ca5-44a1-b853-f74690521856&dg=microsoft.pu...

I think I want to make a Macro
Hi Everyone, I generally use excel to make nice forms and basic sorting, and basic calculations. I just exported some data from a data mining program into an excel spreadsheet. I then used this spreadsheet as a linked table for an access database in an update query. I use a patient number field to link my data. I had trouble with this column and the only thing that worked to make the data compatable with my access data was to create a new column and I used this expression =TEXT(B2, "0"). I then had to use this column to link my data. I also have to delete the first column and...

i think u should try these websites! ;) #4
go to this url: a) http://offto.net/forexkiss1/ b) http://offto.net/5technic1/ c) http://offto.net/50weeksforex1/ d) http://offto.net/makemoneyfirst1/ e) http://offto.net/cashsecret1/ f) http://offto.net/millionairesecret1/ g) http://offto.net/luxuryhomes/ h) http://offto.net/forextrader1/ well, these are just my suggestions.. i dont get any commissions for promoting these websites to you. good luck! ;) ...

offsets (I think)
I have found a value using the MAX formula and would now like to return the value found in the cell one row above and one column before the original position of this result. Is this possible? this is a 3 step process. 1) Find the max value 2) Use Match to locate the offset of the value in the array 3) Use offset to get the value you are looking for. You should look at chip Pearson webpage. He has lots of excel formula that are very usful when you not sure which formula to use 'Excel Redirect' (http://www.cpearson.com) -- joel ---------------------------...

Scatterpoot not using X values properly -- using relative ranking
I have created a scatterplot where the X value is to be one value (risk) and the Y value is to be another (return). I've entered the X and Y value ranges properly and the y value is being plotted correctly, BUT the X value is not being plotted as the correct X value. Instead, the X value is being interpreted as the relative ranking in the list. In other words, # in list X value Y Value 1 12.2 13.7 2 10.7 11.3 etc. The graph is currently plotting the values as (1,13.7), then (2,11.3) and NOT with the c...

Poijnts for ranking spread #2
Assume contest list with varying contestants. Now however they fall into their places, the ranks will be have 35 places total. There are more contestants, but we are only concerned with the final 35. To kind of flip it around: Assume I made a list with predictions of what the top 35 places would be. I am receiving points based on how accurate my predictions are according to the actual results. If I made a prediction that contestant #1 was going to make it to 7th place and he was actually 7th place, I would get awarded the most points possible, say 15. But let's say contestant #1 didn'...

SUMIF Formula (I think...)
Hi, I have a workbook (well obviously or I wouldn't be here...), Excel 2003. One sheet is a running sheet containing a summary of invoices for the month - one invoice per row. A10 contains the date of the invoice, G10 contains a code, eg 3, which equals 21days. What I want to do is this: IF G10=3, then A10 + 21, or IF G10 = 4, then A10 + 30(days) or if G10 = 5 then add 30 days from End Of Month (have no idea how to display this). I want Column H to display the due date of payment, and be highligted if past due. Is this possible? Have been playing around with some formulas, but ...

Exchange 2003 Server Thinks its authoritative for old domain
Recently 1 company "a" was spun off from company "b". company "a"s email domain was hosted on the same exchange server as company "b" When company "a" spun off we needed to seperate their email from company "b" so we built a new exchange server at company "a" site. We modified the MX record with the isp so it points to mail.companya.com. Removed the @companya.com address from the recipient policies. >From yahoo or other external email you can send email to someone@companya.com without a problem. And everyone at com...

A really simple one I think..
Hello - can anyone please tell me why some of my SBS 2003 domain server reports are e-mailed to me as <servername>@domain.com.au, and others as <companyname>@domain.com.au? (This is from different domains..) This is not a "show stopper", but I'm just curious why. I cannot see a difference in the wizards, I am just using the defaults (Server Performance each day, Server Usage weekly) Many thanks, Ashley Draper G'day Ashley, this is probably what you're after: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/change-POP3-IMAP4-SMTP-banner-Exchange-20...

do you think i should be billled for this?
I am looking for some input. Because I know users, partners and MS read in the forum and it has to do with Great Plains I thought I might post it. CRM passes order information to Great Plains. One of the items is the date for the line item. This date does not automatically update the Great Plains In House Due Date which is what MRP uses when you run it. I asked my partner (who hosts and maintains our GP, CRM and Mail systems) to solve this problem because MRP is useless without the correct In House Due Date. They were able to solve the problem by building a trigger that reads the Line Item da...

I think this would be an if problem
How would I write this? G= degrees. If 0-90 degrees = G If 90-180 degrees =180-G If 180-270 degrees = 180+G IF 270-360 degrees = 360-G -- Lois Ann Maybe this......... =IF(g<=90,g,IF(g<=180,180-g,IF(g<=270,180+g,IF(g<=360,360-g,"")))) Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Lois Ann" wrote: > How would I write this? G= degrees. > If 0-90 degrees = G > If 90-180 degrees =180-G > If 180-270 degrees = 180+G > IF 270-360 degrees = 360-G > -- > Lois Ann =3Dif(G>270,360-G,IF(G>180,180+G,IF(G>90,180-G,G))) not the only solution :) Stev...

i Think I need some help with conditional formatting
I am a bit of a novice so please forgive me if this is a very basi posting. I have a number of columns and at the top of each there is date. I would like the whole of the cloumn to be shaded grey if tha date is either a Saturday or a Sunday. Any ideas?? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you want to aply this for example to the columns A:F try the following: - select column A:F - goto 'Format - Conditional Format' - enter the following formula =WEEKDAY(A$1,2)>=6 - choose your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am a bit of a novice so...

slow calculation of rank and percentile in Excel 2007
I have a spreadsheet that was created using Excel 2003 on XP computer. On a win7/Excel 2007 computer, the rank and percentile calculations that used to take 1 to 2 minues, now takes 1 to 2 hours. To test whether it was the spreadsheet or not, I started with a clean worksheet in 2007 and created a list of numbers using rand() and then copied and paste special/value to get a list of 1000 numbers. Using the same Win7 computer with both 2003 and 2007 Excel loaded, I did some rank and percentile calculations. In Excel 2007 No. Points//Calculation Time (min:sec) 10//0:08 50//0:32 100//1:03 500//...

I think I've posted this before...
But for the benefit of all you Yanks who refuse to go metric... ;o) http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html Bookmark the above. Me -- Facon - the artificial bacon bits you get in Pizza Hut for sprinkling on salads. I'd advise you about using them kind of words around here missy. We're peaceable folk but the "M" word isn't taken kindly in these parts. (I put the address in my Favorites folder when you shared it before - good stuff). Thanks for the share. don Vancouver, US of A "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> wrote in messa...

.. any help appreciated .. i think it's a pasting HTML problem.
. .. I used to be able to select HTML tables (ex/ the hockey standing at NHL.com) and then paste them, as is, to a worksheet. It wouldn' look exactly the same, but at least each number/field would be in it' own cell. .. now that I have Excel 2003 version, when I paste the data it al goes into one little cell. I tried pasting several different ways. The Office Clipboard and Help section don't seem to help either. think I checked any paste HTML options. .. So now I'm going to cry. I spend a lot of time with statistics and database manipulation (just for fun), so any he...

How to Rank Name?
I have a Power Ranking Excel Book for my partner Restaurants that lists us from 1st - 14th in different categories through the year. ------- Example 1 ------- Month Jan Category (Labor) Rank Name 1 Athens 2 Baytown 3 Walden 4 Hugo Month Feb Category (Labor) Rank Name 1 Athens 2 Hugo 3 Baytown 4 Walden ------- End Example 1 ------- I am using =SUMIF to grab each store's rank and add them up (A) then dividing (B) them by how many months we are into the year to give them each stores Ran...

Ranking Scores in a Query
I have a query that uses 3 tables and 3 Xtab queries to use as record source for a report. Three of the numeric fields created as output from this query are: Fee Key Score 876 10 236.8 876 10 287.0 876 10 123.7 876 13 231.9 876 13 321.5 I need to add a ‘Rank’ field to produce: Fee Key Score Rank 876 10 236.8 2 876 10 287.0 1 876 10 123.7 3 876 13 231.9 2 876 13 321.5 1 The final result will be that the highest score, within Key, within Fee is First and so forth. Is this possible to do with a query. I have other ranking routines where the values being ranked are in a table but I woul...

Rank scores formula #3
Hi to all I would really like to enhance a formula: In bridge (the game) the raw scores are ranked and a value assigned where the top score will get the result of: (no of scores-1)*2 and the next will get 2 less than the top. So for 9 raw scores you get 16, 14, 12, etc . . . down to 4, 2, 0 as shown under the column headed SCORES (shared positions share both score values) Board Results SCORE Should be 1 500 16 4 1 -300 0 0 1 400 8 2 2 -200 3 1 2 450 ...

How to ignore cells in ranking?
OK, I asked here before on how to ignore a range of cells that are empt in ranking so it will not return an error. We got it fixed but I jus found noe that if I put zero"0" in one of the cells to rank, it wil also rank all other blank cells as "0" thereby resulting in all blan cells with same value. How do I ignore the blank cells? Here is my formula? =IF(ISNA(RANK(G3,$G$3:$G$22,1)),"",RANK(G3,$G$3:$G$22,1) -- cardingt ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cardingtr's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=ge...

Ranking Line items on a report
I have a form that shows the results of an athletic event with breakdown by age, skill level,etc. It is sorted on the report by score within the various groupings and it is obvious that the highest score is first place, second highest score is 2nd ... but the user wants to see a 1 after the highest score, a 2 after th second highest, etc. I could use one of several ranking routines I have gotten over the years from this group to create the rank indicator in the recordsource query but I would perfer to do this at the report level. Can it be done?? thanks for any and all help Steve...

Link Cells (Clone? Mirror?) Should be simple (I think)
Very New to Excel I want one cell to be a "clone" of another (my choice of word). That is to say I can change the content of either cell and the other will change. If I have "John" in cell A1 I want "John" in B1 but I want to be able to change either and have the other follow. Is this possible? I know I can type in B1 "=A1" but then I HAVE to modify A1 if I want them both to change rather than being able to modify either for them to change. That way I can have 5-6 worksheets that all show the same data but in a different way but I can use any on...

thinking about exchange server
Hi I work for a small company (15-20 employees), we currently run windows xp and have an old server. What we want to do is setup shared calendars and contacts so the entire office can access them. This is in Outlook. what I need to know before i go and spend $$ on a new server is, how can this be done? Do I need Microsofts exchange server to accomplish this? Does exchange server run on its own or do i need to setup server 2003 and then put exchange server on it as well? Can this be done without a server (shared contacts and calendar) What is exchange server exactly? is it just an adva...

ranking numbers in a column
I have 100 (100 rows) with different numbers all in one column. I have ranked them in another column by largest to smallest in the past. The 100 numbers change from time to time. I would like the rankings to automatically update. I wish not to sort. Is there a formula? Thanks, Darryl Try the RANK Function. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks. "Darryl" wrote: > I have 100 (100 rows) with different numbers all in one column. I have > ranked them in another column by largest to smallest in the past. The 100 > numbers change...