Ranking #2

Hi all,

I want to RANK students' position in class according to their 'average mark'
in Column Z.
If the average mark is same of two or more students, then RANKING (position)
is based their 'Ggrade Point Average' which is lieted in in Column Y.
If it is still the same, the rank should be based on Subject 1 in Column X.

Can someone suggest a formula for that?

Thank you in advance.

0
salza (60)
3/2/2006 7:03:00 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

1.  Construct a composite score column.
        e.g.     AA = 1000000*Z + 1000*Y + X

2.  Use rank function on composite score.

dave y.

0
delfiled (5)

2-axis, stackbar-line chart
How do I define a chart to be a two axis stackbar-line chart. I can find in "Custom types" a bar-line chart, but the stackbar on one axis with a line chart on a second axis eludes me. Is there a way to custom type this? Thanks, Ben BEN ROSOW wrote: > How do I define a chart to be a two axis stackbar-line > chart. I can find in "Custom types" a bar-line chart, but > the stackbar on one axis with a line chart on a second > axis eludes me. Is there a way to custom type this? > > Thanks, Ben Jon Peltier to the rescue again.... Ben, try this: http:...

virus #2
A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected,it may be a virus and you should choose NO. How do I get rid of this? I have scanned and found no virus. You can't get rid of the message. What version of Outlook are you using? If Office XP/Outook 2002, did you recently apply SP-3? If yes, then you need to visit your AV vendor's page as well as pages for any anti-spam programs you have installed and look for a patch from the vendor or an updated program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all rep...

List a ranking
I'm a newbie at this, so help is appreciated. I have an Excel sheet like this: Team A .600 =rank(b1,b1:b3) Team B .750 =rank(b2,b1:b3) Team C .300 =rank(b3,b1:b3) I want to get another cell to list how far they are from the #1 rank. So, cell d1 should be equal to .150 and d3 equal to .450. The percentages will change frequently, so it needs to figure out what is #1. I know I could just do =b2-b1 and b2-b3, but only because I can see the b2 is the highest percentage. Am I making sense? Is there a way to do this? TIA. BR =MAX($B$1:$B$3)-B1 etc. -- HTH RP ...

GP 9.0 SP 2 Smartlist Version
Does anyone know what version of Smartlist goes with 9.0 SP2? I did the SP 2.0 install several times and still my About... screen says: Version Information Microsoft Dynamics GP Professional 9.00.0281 Dexterity 9.00.0073.0 Smartlist 9.00.0276 Shouldn't Smartlist be 9.00.0281 as well? How do I make my Smartlist get SP unpgraded as well? Sincerely, Tom Harrison IT Mananger tomh@elklighting.com Tom, Several modules have several version numbers after upgrading to 9.0 SP2. All will not have 9.00....

Messaging #2
Hi, I am getting used to this messaging. I have been doing processing in the Dialog, which I have found to be a bad idea. I am changing things around a bit. I don't know if I am doing messaging correctly, or if there is a better way. // In Some Dialog, if I want to send a message to a View to do some processing, // I post a Message to the MainFrame. void SomePage::OnBtnDoSomething() { GetTopLevelFrame()->PostMessage(MSG_CMAINFRAME, MSG_CSOMEVIEW, ID_DOSOMETHING); } // Currently, in the Main Frame, I have a generic Message Handler // That relays the messages to the Children by &...

Deleted worksheet #2
I accidently deleted a worksheet from a file with several sheets. Is there a way to recover it? If you have not yet saved the file, just close without saving and your original will be intact. If you have saved, unless you have a backup you are basically out of luck. There are are third-party file recovery services out there which are pricey. If you want to go that route, STOP using your computer immediately to enhance your oppotunity of finding the file data before those clusters get overwritten Maybe your IT dept makes a LAN wide backup each day? See your IT person. Gord Dibben Exce...

Memory Leak in ASP.NET 2.0 Web Page
Hi, We are facing big issue on performnace of onw web application which has only one aspx Page called 'SolutionReport'. This page is sometimes very slow when some items are selected in drop down and takes say 40 seconds to reload the page again. In order to troublshoot it, based on article(Section : Memory bottlenecks) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms998583.aspx#scalenetchapt17_topic6 we did some analysis and found that Process\Private Bytes (aspnet_wp.exe or w3wp.exe) ..NET CLR Memory\# Bytes in all Heaps (aspnet_wp.exe or w3wp.exe) While Process\Virt...

multiple email accounts in Outlook 2003 #2
For years my family and I have used Outlook Express under Windows98 for email on our home PC. The use of Rules allowed us to sort email into different folders for each family member. We have just bought a new computer with WindowsXP and have installed Office2003. We easily managed to receive and send email using Outlook2003. However, WindowsXP has users, and this appears to affect the way Outlook works. When one family member 'owns' a Word/Excel/Powerpoint document, it is perfectly possible (and easy) to set things up so that other users can have access to it. This is what we want to ...

Calendar sharing #2
We are running Small Business Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 6.5 SP2. For some reason the link to be able to share one's calendar with other users on the network does not appear in the Navigation pane when you look at your calendar. Is there a setting or permission that will allow calendar sharing? It is my understanding that calendar sharing is only possible when you are using Exchange, which we are. Thanks Daryl Stockton KGD Architecture What version of Outlook are you using? Is the default delivery set to = the Exchange mailbox and not Personal Folders? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Ou...

Exorbitant Connection Data? #2
Hello, Several of our users connect to their Exchange mailboxes using 3G datacards to provide the backbone to the internet and from there use MS VPN to access the resources on our LAN. They then open Outlook to download their messages. What I have been told by users is that on occasion they end up downloading up to 20MB of data after they open Outlook and before they begin downloading emails. Apart from the waiting being undesirable the cost is huge. Datacard usage is charged per MB and when you are abroad the cost can be exorbitant. They are all using cached mode so it could be that the...

Connection lost #2
I recently upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0 and now get these "database connection lost, application will be closed" messages. -- Thank you for the help!! Richard This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0263_01C7CA3B.8E8A7BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable RikPage, If you didn't install SQL2k5E on each machine, MBS dropped the ball by = not including the necessary files to connect to it. Go to this page http://tinyurl.com/yumpyp and download and install the = SQL Native Client and the Bac...

listbox #2
I have a listbox which I am listing cells a1:a1000 on a worksheet called "homes". I would like the ability to have the user highlight the item in the list box and execute a code that will go to that cell. Is this possible Thanks Greg Assuming a listbox from the control toolbox toolbar, you can use the click event: Private Sub ListBox1_Click() If listbox1.ListIndex <> -1 then Range(Listbox1.Value).Select End If End Sub -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Greg B" <laptopgb@ihug.com.au> wrote in message news:dgejv4$nfm$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I have a listbox wh...

appointments #2
I went to sync my pda with outlook after it was done I noticed that all my appointments don't show on the desktop or pda. I do see a few that are b-days and holidays but not schedule appt. I also did the .pst file restore and still nothing. "R.Steven Ivey" <RSteven.Ivey@gmail.com> wrote in message news:9809ca00-9713-4968-9d03-61c0fca1b6bb@x6g2000pre.googlegroups.com... >I went to sync my pda with outlook after it was done I noticed that > all my appointments don't show on the desktop or pda. I do see a few > that are b-days and holidays but not schedule appt...

Sync PDA with 2 seperate Outlook installations?
I want to sync my PDA with 2 or 3 separate desktops with having Outlook. I did a trial of Outlook earlier this year and duplicate entry creation was a significant problem. How can I do this without unintentionally creating some duplicate entries in calendar and contacts? "rptdc" <rptdc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0CB39B90-F623-4101-831A-8BB2552343D3@microsoft.com... >I want to sync my PDA with 2 or 3 separate desktops with having Outlook. I > did a trial of Outlook earlier this year and duplicate entry creation was a > signif...

Reporting #2
Hi I've written a SSRS report that contains 5 sub reports, each with their own series of joins. The report is presented in a table format and simply lists the data. When ran through Business development studio the report runs fine runs fine. When ran in CRM against an individual record again runs fine, when ran in CRM against a subset of records again runs fine. However when ran against the entire data set (only 2444 records) it returns "An Error has occurred"... nice and helpful. Initially I thought this was a time out issue so have increased the time out on the Default...

Text Boxes #2
Hello, Is it possible to rotate a text box at 45 degrees? Thanks. Bill Bill, The rotate tool was taken away from us; most shapes now have a rotate handle. Except the lowly text box. You can add text to a rectangle instead, and rotate it with its rotate handle. But the text won't rotate. You can make a text box in PowerPoint, rotate it, and the text will rotate. But if you paste that into Excel, it ain't rotated any more. ): A couple of distant relative solutions: Use a WordArt (Drawing toolbar) object. Rotatable. Or put your stuff into a cell, and rotate it with Format -...

Rank within Categories
I am trying to work out a way to rank within categories. Column E has different categories. Column i has the data. Column am working on i want to give the ranking where each data point falls within its own category. i have tried to hash something out but am stuck...here is my feeble attempt =IF($E5="SE",IF($E$5:$E$40="SE",IF(I5>0,RANK(I5,$I$5:$I$40,0),"N/ A"), ...... ..... signfies a string of IFs. the Next one being IF($E5="C".... I have also tried an array.....that doesnt seem to work =IF(OR(E6={"C","SE","NE","...

Global Address List Problem #2
I have Exchange 2003 server and I hid some users from the exchange address list in the active directory. After I "un-hid" them by unchecking the appropriate box (Exchange advanced tab in users properties), they are not showing in the Global Address List. I already tried restarting all the exchange services but they are still not showing up??? Try replicating your domain controllers and then view the global address list again from an Online profile. It is possible that your Outlook client is performing that lookup against a different domain controller that still has that bit...

OWA error message #2
I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, it's OK. I am using Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. Please help, Thank you inadcance. Lisa Have you installed the OWA hotfix and Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1? http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831464 This may help as well.... http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_esdk_arch_webdav_security.asp Bob "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043a01c48fb9$4689e360$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I got "440 Login Timeout" when open OWA. Without SSL, > it's OK. ...

lost #2
My computer had to be formated recently and I lost all my OE messages. Can I retrieve them in any way? Ta Des Not unless you archived them to a CD or something prior to formatting. "Des Bradley" <detech1@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message = news:e6EPtiBWFHA.1508@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >=20 > My computer had to be formated recently and I lost all my OE messages. = Can I=20 > retrieve them in any way? > Ta > Des=20 >=20 > ...

OUTLLIB.DLL error #2
I am getting a Outllib.dll error when I am trying to create a new appointment or new contact. This problem has just occurred in the past few days. I do have a Dell Handheld that syncs to my outlook, and has not given me problems in the past. I have tried already to detect and repair the errors, but the error still happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. "Karen" <karenday@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:017601c3a498$034c9280$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting a Outllib.dll error when I am trying to > create a new appointment or new contact. ...

Pivot tables 2 row labels
I am trying to create a pivot table and want to have sales rep names and company as the rows. Is there a way to have the sales rep name repeat everytime with the company instead of how it looks below? I am going to have to use the output of the sheet to do a vlookup on another sheet and in this format I can't make it work. Thanks! Row Labels Jane Doe Company 1 John Doe Company 2 Company 1 Company 3 Company 5 Nope--not if you want to keep it a pivottable. But you could convert to values (or copy|paste values in a different locatio...

rank
I would like to know how to get around duplicate issues when using th rank functio -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rank.htm and http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.RANK.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I would like to know how to get around duplicate issues when using the > rank function > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

outlook permissions #2
I am receiving an error for outlook when i hit send/receive button. You do not have appropriate permissions to perform this operation. We are not using exchange, the OS is xp and the user is administrator on computer. I reloaded Microsoft XP small business on because the machine was locking up several times a day and for some reason this error is coming up after I reloaded xp small business. All test work correctly with the email account, no errors. There were no problems prior for send/receive now I am getting this error. Any input would be helpful ...

Accesing Business Portal 2.5 outside the intranet
We have install Business Portal 2.5 and Great Plains 8.0. The customer is planning to enter time reports and expenses from outside the company premises. I would like to know my options to configure this type of connection without using VPN, since the employees work on other companies that block this type of connection. We would like to configure the application to publish the Web Portal Page directly on the internet. What is needed for this type of configuration? As you know, the biggest issue is security. People that use BP need a Windows account. A VPN makes that connection m...