Random Number Question

Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating the following

Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated

Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score cards that are
different and Random

Steve Boyle

By the way thanks for the help on my last question. If  I ever remember to
take the print out to work and try the answers I will let you know how well
it worked.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Steve,

This should be exactly what you need.
http://tinyurl.com/2jgd8d

John Wilson

"Steve Boyle" <waylandboyle@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating the following
>
> Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated
>
> Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score cards that
> are different and Random
>
> Steve Boyle
>
> By the way thanks for the help on my last question. If  I ever remember to
> take the print out to work and try the answers I will let you know how
> well it worked.

0
jwilson (359)
2/26/2008 4:21:54 AM
No formula, but I do have a free random number workbook available.
More details on it at the bottom of the Products page at my website.
Free upon request to those who provide a real name and geographic location.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Steve Boyle"
wrote in message
Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating the following

Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated

Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score cards that are
different and Random

Steve Boyle

By the way thanks for the help on my last question. If  I ever remember to
take the print out to work and try the answers I will let you know how well
it worked.

0
jim.coneXXX (771)
2/26/2008 4:29:13 AM
On Feb 25, 8:05=A0pm, "Steve Boyle" <waylandbo...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Does anyone have a Random Number Formula for creating
> the following[:]
> Random Numbers in 52 different cells with no number repeated

One way:

1. Put  =3DRAND()  into A1:A52.

2. In any column (C3:C54, for example), put the following into the
first cell and copy down:

=3Drank(A1,$A$1:$A$52)

Caveat:  Since RAND() is volatile, C3:C54 will change every time you
make any change to the workbook.  If that bothers you, use copy-and-
paste-special-value to take a snapshot of C3:C54.

> Yes I am working on a Poker Rally and need to generate score
> cards that are different and Random

So, I am not sure the above meets your needs.
0
joeu2004 (766)
2/26/2008 4:49:44 AM
Hello,

I suggest to search for UniqRandInt in this group.

It can even cope with 2 decks.

Regards,
Bernd
0
bplumhoff1 (208)

Quicken questions
I know this isn't a Quicken newsgroup, but I can't locate another potential source of basic information on Quicken. I just bought and installed Quicken Starter Edition and imported my MS Money files. This went very well except for a couple of minor problems. The import process for my checking account failed to import those Electronic Funds Transfer entries from my checking account to my broker, that I had in my Money files. There weren't but a few of these and I was able to key them into Quicken manually. The Quicken account now balances with my Money account to the penny. All is w...

Formula Question - Sum Between 61
We are creating an aging report from excel. Criterias are (days): 1. 0 - 30 2. 31 - 60 3. 61 - 90 4. 90 + We have a list of items with dates ranging from 2002 to present What we are trying to do is calculate how much money per criteria. I am able to calculate the 0 - 30 and 90 +. However, I need your help regarding how to calculate the items for criteria 2 and 3. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you. Brig Siton Is it a table ?? If it is then try this 0 - 30 =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$5<=30)*($B$2:$B$5)) 31 - 60 =SUMPRODUCT(--($A$2:$A$5>30)*($A$2:$A$5<=60)*(...

Random
How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? int RandomNumber = (rand() * 0xff) / RAND_MAX; -- Bjarne Nielsen "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:0b6a01c3a84c$5733a890$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? rnd()%0x100; or rnd() & 0xff; Ruben On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:07:13 -0800, "]GHO[" <yousefk@taux01.nsc.com> wrote: >How to get random numbers random(0xff) ? ...

how would you calculate the number of hits to your website
Hi ,' can some one tell to me the answer of this question On a website, how would you calculate the number of hits to your website ...

3 Implementation questions on one.
1. What are the rules with your CRM org. name? We have an existing Exchange org; must they match? Must the org name used in the license request match the CRM org name? 2. We would like to setup a CRM staging enviornmet. How should we do this? What are the limitaitons and requirements? 3. We would like to setup CRM so that when you enter in a lead, based on the zip code of the lead, they are automatically assigned to a sales person that covers that zip. We have a spreadsheet with all our sales people and the zips in their territory. How can we make CRM do this? Thanks, Malcolm 3...

Random Numbers not Random
When I create random numbers for an application with the following code, they do not appear to be truely random. Me.RandomNumber = Int(9 * Rnd + 1) ' Random Number 1-9 If I have two users setting side by side, they frequently get the same results when they start up Am I missing somthing? Any help would be appreciated -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com Frank, Have you tried a Randomize statement just before the RND? That should do it. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a job tha...

Largest number in range
I am looking for a formula that will select the largest number in a range and make that number "bold." Is there a formula that will do this? Thanks in advance for any help. RBG Not a formula (formulas return values--they don't change formatting). But you could use Format|conditional formatting. If your range is B3:G9, then select that range and with B3 the activecell, then click on Format|conditional formatting Then Condition 1: Formula is and use this as the formula: =B3=MAX($B$3:$G$9) Excel will adjust the formula for all the cells in the selected area. (Don't...

QBDG question
Is there a way to create a query based distribution group from a non- mail enabled security group? When I do a "Customize filter" in the query based distribution group properties and search for User: member of, I get no results, even though there are plenty members of that group. It is a global group, and I tried changing it to a universal one, but no change in results. Exchange 2003 Did you try entering it as an LDAP filter string... e.g. (&(objectClass=user)(mailNickname=*)(memberOf=distinguishedName of the Security Group)) ? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise...

Resequence figure numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Using automated figure numbers in captions - have deleted a few, and the remaining ones do not automatically renumber. <br><br>How do I force the figure numbers to resequence? In Word 2007 on a Windows computer, it's just the F9 key. What works for Word 2008 on the Mac? Actually, it's F9 in Mac Word as well � or at least it *was* until Apple decided to expropriate that keystroke for Expose :-) You have several options available to you: 1- In System Preferences> Expose & Spaces...

Numbers matchup
I have a column of Account numbers in one worksheet. In another worksheet i have a column with account numbers and a column with SSN. I need a formula that will take the account number in the first worksheet and find it's match in the second worksheet and plug in the SSN on that same row as the Account number. Is this possible and how would be the best way to do this TIA Paul Have a look in HELP index for VLOOKUP -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Paul McGuire" <pmcguire@nottelling.com> wrote in message news:%2393selkAFHA.2932@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl....

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

tarpit / tarpitting / tarpittime question
Hello, I would like to turn on tarpitting if it will be helpful to our organization. We do not currently perform Recipient Filtering as we don't want anyone doing Directory Harvest Attacks against us; we just accept all mail sent to our domain. Unfortunately, we do end up with a lot of mail in our outbound queues waiting to be sent to [most likely] non-existent email addresses. Do any of you know of a reason not to turn on tarpitting and the requisite Recipient Filtering needed to generate a delayed response? Is tarpitting a good idea with the current technology used by spammer...

Exchange server randomly asking random users to Authenticate randomly...
Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox using Outlook 2003 and the server prompts them for their credentials? If they hit cancel and exit out of Outlook and run it again it lets them into their mailbox. Thank you, Benjamin Pls make sure the outlook 2003 Client does not using Cache mode If is ,pls clearn this option -- Jammy "Benjamin Chan" <bchan[pleasenospam]@controlproductsinc.com> ���g��l��s�D :#BxdizrtEHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone had a problem like this where a user is in their Exchange mailbox > using Outlo...

unable to insert page numbers
my ms word 7 (enterprise package) has ceased to allow my to insert page numbers. Everythng else is working fine. I click "insert", that's ok; I click "page numbers" , that's ok; then I click "top of page" or "bottom, etc." and this is where my word 7 fails because no further option choice appear (though they had before). The only option to appear is "save selection as page number" and this is "grayed out" unless of course I have some current text selected. this is the same problem whether I attempt to insert ...

Macro to number blank cells
In one row I have: A B C D E F G Cust# Address 1 Address 2 Address3 Address 4 Address5 Address6 I have a macro that inserts 6 rows below each name, how could I copy information in columns B-G to the 6 cells below cust #, Thanks in advance for your help Fernando Can it be this simple? I'm not positive that I understand what you're asking. But try this. You have blank rows below each record. Select the columns B through G, beginning with the first BLANK row and down all rows. Hit Ed...

Generating Correlated Random Values in Excel
Hi Mike, Thanks so much for your advice. I think that I have it figured out, but can you confirm this for me? I can't afford to screw this up. If mean(inflation) = .031 stdev(inflation) = .047 mean(stock return) = .106 stdev(stock return) = .204 Column Headers: A B C D 1 Z1 Z2 Inflation Stock Return Data Generation Formulas A2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) B2 =NORMINV(RAND(),0,1) C2 =0.031+0.047*A2 D2 =0.106+0.204*(A2*rho+B2*(1-rho^2)^0.5) Are these formulas correct to generate the random data? Particularly cell D2. Does this give me a complete value that t...

A question about toolkit
Hello! Is it correct to say that win32 is a toolkit. //Tony I don't think so .... because a toolkit a abstract software components or classes which helps you to build something....like one in java.... as we are talking about win32 I think it is not the case...though you can argue that there is still abstraction...but it gives you the very low level access....and it is very flexible than a toolkit mensioned above... this is what I think....there can be other arguments....because I am not so experienced.... "Tony Johansson" wrote: > Hello! > > Is it correct t...

converting "text" numbers to numbers
I have been using the technique of multiplying cells that have number entries that behave like text entries by the value of 1 to convert them to numbers. However, some mixed cell entries, convert strangely. For example the entry "6 A" (without the quotes) becomes 0.25 when multiplied by 1. Any explanation? Any ideas on how to solve other than checking cell by cell to confirm all characters are numbers? Confused! Frustated! <grin>. Bob Just figured out the "why". An entry like 6 A is converted to 6AM. Its numerical value is 0.25. Still hoping for a ...

Sorting imported "numbers"
I've imported a long list of "numbers" from a server. Now in my excel table I can not sort them. I've tried multiplying the col. by "1" from paste special, Add from a free cell and paste special, using a macro form the converting text to number page, using trim and clean function, copy and paste as value, using the text to columns command, all to no avail. The "numbers" still stay left justified and sort by first number, i.e. 113 before 21 etc. There are 1500 entries and I do no think the table woudl be of much use after i tried to re-type in all t...

Addition problem, number always 2 cents off...Help
I have a little problem with my SUMs I have 200 to 300 rows of A * B = C Then I tell it to do a =sum(d1:d300) All the cells are formated to currency, two decimal places. when I add up the numbers with an adding machine I'm always 2 - 22 cents off. (2 cents on this sheet, 22 cents on another sheet....) Can anyone help Thank you WTG The issue is very likely to be rounding - that the product of each multiplication has fractional cents that Excel considers in the SUM() function, even though you don't see them fractional cents on screen You can either modify your multiplication f...

GP Consultant Career Question
I have been a GP user for more than 6 yrs and have been approached to become a GP consultant. Is there a source where I can find information on entry level GP consultant salaries? Since I am new to consulting I am not sure what a fair salary is. Thanks PattyM Patty: Check out www.dynamicscareers.com. You'll see help wanted ads for consultants. The salary varies, of course, with geographic location. Good luck, Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Patty, After 6 years, I am sure you know GP. Question for you to answer is "Are you consultant mater...

Auto Numbering
I want to be able to increase my ID field for each new record I enter, but I don't want to use an autonumber field in my table. I have used the following: ID = Nz(DMax("[id]", "tblNames")) + 1 and put it in the On Current property of the form. The problem is that when the last field is completed and the user presses Enter, the new record automatically puts in the new ID number. What I want to do is for the form to put in the next ID number but only when the 2nd field has data entered in it. Thanks Nigel, Place your code into the AfterUpdate event of the second ...

random pages
I have developed pages that randomly define a set of normal lung function data based on gender, age and height. I have applied formulas to this data simulate 5 classic lung function abnormalities (normal, restrictive, obstructive, mixed and early obstructive.) Currently the sheets that define the abnormal are named by one of the above lung abnormalities. I would like to present data from random pages in a work book to students and rather than have the pages named by the abnormality be named a simulated patient name. My questions. Can I have the name of a sheet set to equal data from to ...

Array Question
What are the differences between an array created using the following method my_array = Array(100, 200, 300) and an array created as follows? my_array(0) = 100 my_array(1) = 200 my_array(2) = 300 I've noticed that the "Filter" function does not work with the array created by the last construction...TIA, Ron The first is a variable holding an array and the second is the array. "ron" <oitbso@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:de4432ad-8f01-4b80-ae28-a8ba33193257@z41g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > What are the differences b...

Questions About Posted Documents
Hello, I'm writing a small integration that will export various information pertaining to posted documents in the sales module and project module. For SOP and IVC, it is pretty straightforward, but for RM, it seems a little tricky. When I post documents from the Receivables Transaction Entry form, they seem to go into the RM_OPEN table, but there are many other types of documents in that table as well. I noticed the batch source on my RM documents is always XRM_Sales. Can I assume that this is always the case? Next, I notice there is a table called RM_HISTORY. It would seem...