Question with regard to Average formula

Hi all,

I have a work sheet called 'HSO Front Sheet' and another one called
'HSO Data sheet'. On the front sheet it averages 5 cells from the data
sheet using the following forumla:

='HSO Data sheet'!D4+'HSO Data sheet'!F4+'HSO Data sheet'!H4+'HSO Data
sheet'!J4+'HSO Data sheet'!L4

If no data is contained within the data sheet the cell on the front
sheet returns: #DIV/0!

This then messes up an average of the averages sum i've got elsewhere
:P

I've tried ='HSO Data sheet'!D4+'HSO Data sheet'!F4+'HSO Data
sheet'!H4+'HSO Data sheet'!J4+'HSO Data sheet'!L4,0

but this effects the actual result, ie if the 5 cells in the data sheet
all are set to 5 the average comes out at 4.2

Can anyone advise what forumla i should be using? Many thanks

0
shamble (7)
10/14/2005 6:49:20 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

sorry, i copy and pasted the wrong formula, the actual formula being
used is:

=AVERAGE('HSO Data sheet'!E4,'HSO Data sheet'!G4,'HSO Data
sheet'!I4,'HSO Data sheet'!K4,'HSO Data sheet'!M4)

0
shamble (7)
10/14/2005 6:52:54 PM
KingCreole wrote...
>sorry, i copy and pasted the wrong formula, the actual formula being
>used is:
>
>=AVERAGE('HSO Data sheet'!E4,'HSO Data sheet'!G4,'HSO Data
>sheet'!I4,'HSO Data sheet'!K4,'HSO Data sheet'!M4)

Try

=IF(COUNT('HSO Data sheet'!E4,'HSO Data sheet'!G4,'HSO Data sheet'!I4,
'HSO Data sheet'!K4,'HSO Data sheet'!M4),AVERAGE('HSO Data sheet'!E4,
'HSO Data sheet'!G4,'HSO Data sheet'!I4,'HSO Data sheet'!K4,
'HSO Data sheet'!M4),0)

0
hrlngrv (1990)
10/14/2005 7:15:47 PM
Harlan Grove wrote:
> KingCreole wrote...
> >sorry, i copy and pasted the wrong formula, the actual formula being
> >used is:
> >
> >=AVERAGE('HSO Data sheet'!E4,'HSO Data sheet'!G4,'HSO Data
> >sheet'!I4,'HSO Data sheet'!K4,'HSO Data sheet'!M4)
>
> Try
>
> =IF(COUNT('HSO Data sheet'!E4,'HSO Data sheet'!G4,'HSO Data sheet'!I4,
> 'HSO Data sheet'!K4,'HSO Data sheet'!M4),AVERAGE('HSO Data sheet'!E4,
> 'HSO Data sheet'!G4,'HSO Data sheet'!I4,'HSO Data sheet'!K4,
> 'HSO Data sheet'!M4),0)

superb. thanks very much!  :)

0
shamble (7)

Backup question

Date Formula
I am using Access 2003 I created a preventative maintenance (pm) database that requires the operator to enter the date when a pm operation is completed. The operators doing this are not typist and I am finding a lot of error with date data entry. Such as reversing month and day or putting in the wrong year. For example: when the date should have been 2/4/08 - the employee is typing 4/2/08 or putting in the wrong year. This date is an important field as future operations are keyed off of this date. I want to make the date field limited to "NO date that is greater then today&qu...

The content of my cells (formulas) isn't updated automatically any
Hi, When I enter '=A1' in B1, and I change the value of A1, the content of B1 isn't updated anymore. I think the formulas stopped working after installing Service Pack 2 for Office XP 2003. Is there a way to make my formulas work again? Thanks, christophe Tools/Options/Calculation. Click on the Automatic radio button. In article <779E7BAB-58E9-4907-815B-636CAA20236F@microsoft.com>, Christophe <Christophe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > When I enter '=A1' in B1, and I change the value of A1, the content of B1 > isn't update...

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

Adding Formulas to Subtotal rows
I have a large amount of data on a spread sheet which has been sorted and subtotaled (using the “Subtotal” function on the data menu). On each subtotal row I would like to have formulas that use the results of that row’s subtotals (ie divide the value of one subtotal by the value of another subtotal on the same row). At the moment I am creating the formulas on one subtotal row and then copying them to each of the remaining subtotal rows – one row at a time. This seems to be cumbersome – is there a faster way? Thanks Hi one way: use a formula like the following =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("Tota...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

Formula Guidance Requested
Folks, I'm baffled as to which formulas to use to perform these calculations: I have a sheet with three columns: A = Customer Number B = Number of Users C = Total Monthly Fee There are 700+ rows of data. The values in A will range from 1-500. I've created a table on another sheet that segments the above data into groups that I assign. The table looks like this: B = Group (Alpha identifier for group) C = starting number in range (ex. 1) E = ending number in range (ex. 3) This table has 9 rows (6:14) with each row representing a different range (ex. 1-3, 4-6, 7-10, 11-25, etc.) F...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...

Toolbar question
I have created a combo box on my toolbar. I am using 32 x 32 buttons, so my combo box is sitting high up. I would like to move it down to the center of the toolbar. To create it I used the following code, CRect rect; SetButtonInfo(14, IDC_FILTERNAMECB, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 200); GetItemRect(14, &rect); rect.bottom = rect.top + 200; m_cbFilterNames.Create(WS_TABSTOP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | CBS_SORT, rect, this, IDC_FILTERNAMECB); How do I tell it to place itself in the center of the toolbar? Here is my code: code is from inherited CToolba...

Simple CRM 3.0 Questions
- If an account is no longer active, what's the process to make it inactive? - Can a lead have multiple contacts, with one acting as the primary contact? - When I create a new lead, what the 'Topic' field usually used for? - When creating a lead, on the Details Page, how can I add entries into the 'Industry' and 'Lead Source' drop down lists? - Will CRM track all e-mails associated with a lead? How do I ensure this? - How do I promote a Lead to an Opportunity to an Account? - What's the real definition of an Opportunity? It seems so grey compared to...