Question from an not to advance user

Let say that I have collumn A filled with one letter on some line.
How can I add all letter at the bottom, to know how many I have.

And is it also possible to have 2 letter separated by , on the same
line that will also be ad at the bottom.

Thank you

--
AUTOCT
AUTOCT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29789

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Assume your data is in the range from A1 to A99. In cell A100 enter the
formula:

=COUNTA(A1:A99)

This will give you a count of all the non-blank cells in your range.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)
12/20/2005 6:40:02 PM
Can you please rigth down the path to get to that formula
im working on a french version of excel and the formula should b
different.

Thank you for your hel

--
AUTOC
AUTOCT's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2978
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49494

=NBVAL(A1:A99)

On the second question, use

=SUMPRODUCT(LEN(A1:A99)-(LEN(A1:A99)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1:A99," ",""))))

or

=SOMMEPROD(NBCAR(A1:A99)-(NBCAR(A1:A99)-NBCAR(SUBSTITUE(A1:A99;" "';""))))

in French

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"AUTOCT" <AUTOCT.20cuen_1135109403.2023@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:AUTOCT.20cuen_1135109403.2023@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Can you please rigth down the path to get to that formula
> im working on a french version of excel and the formula should be
> different.
>
> Thank you for your help
>

> --
> AUTOCT
> AUTOCT's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29789
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494949

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)

multiple users in Outlook Express
Windows XP Outlook Express 6 Is it possible to allow multiple users (different logins) to access one Identity in Outlook Express 6? I would like all of my family to be able to use the email. We have only 1 email address provided by our ISP. My children as well as myself receive emails. At this point privacy within is not an issue. Thnaks. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x micro...

Backup question

tracking personal loan/advances given to friends
Hi I have given money to friends and family as personal loans. Wondering how to keep track of these accounts? thanks sri Create an Asset account called "Loans to Friends" and transfer (not income or expense) any loans you have made to that account. When you receive payment, transfer the funds back. -- "srini" <srini@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E223D712-3421-41C9-8104-83B6C7DF1B58@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have given money to friends and family as personal loans. Wondering how > to > keep track of these accounts? > &...

How do I delete Publisher 2003 user templates?
I created my own Publisher 2003 template. I was unable to find a way in Publisher to delete this user template. Did I miss something? I know that I can go to C:\Documents & Settings\.... Microsoft\Office\Templates and delete it there. Thanks, Ken You have to delete it in the folder you mentioned. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kenlanderson" <kenlanderson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C373CC-D111-4DE6-81F7-C4AD6BE065B1@microsoft.com... >I created my own Publisher 2003 t...

a question and a question

IF AND question

IE8 privacy question

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Question

Contact List in Address List for multiple user's
I created a Contact List in the Public FOlders. I want the list to appear in everyones Address List. How can I configure the Contact List to appear in everyones Address List without visiting each user's PC like through the Exchange System Manager, AD, GPO, etc? Thanks in advance. Greg In news:8AB85031-AE20-4CC9-B5D4-89556B7C5DC5@microsoft.com, Greg <gregkh@hotmail.com> typed: > I created a Contact List in the Public FOlders. I want the list to > appear in everyones > Address List. > > How can I configure the Contact List to appear in everyones Address > Lis...

OWA Question #16

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

401K questions

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

Advanced Find Freezes
Hi there, I'm running Windows 7 with IE 8 and when I open advanced find and start to create my filter criteria it freezes. Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Sophie Hi Sophie- I believe this has been addressed in UR9. Can you install this on your CRM server and test this again? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5869f2b3-d1a0-4f71-8be3-fde6e8053a2e Thanks! Shawn "SophieK" wrote: > Hi there, > > I'm running Windows 7 with IE 8 and when I open advanced find and start to ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Deleted user confused with active user w/same last name
There was a user in our org that is now deleted from the system that has the same last name as an active user still in the system. When someone tries to invite the active user to a meeting they are getting an email error back stating that the deleted user cannot be found in Exchange. The deleted user is not being selected in Outlook for the meeting but for some reason Outlook is trying to invite the wrong user to the meeting. I can't figure out why this is happening, does anyone have any suggestions what I can look for to correct this? Thanks. On 23 Jan 2006 18:25:39 -0800, tdunnusa@...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...