Query to Access : does'nt see tables

Office 2000 SP3 FR

From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables.

I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message
(translated) :
"This data source does'nt have any visible table".

Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table
visible."

I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the
error message appears again.

How to resolve this problem ?

Jacques.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Gotcha !

MS Query does'nt accept a file name with 2 dot inside !

Example :
MyFile.mdb --> Ok
My.File.mdb --> "This data source does'nt have any visible table"

!

Jacques.

"Vuillermet Jacques" <jvuillermet@no-spam.fr> a �crit dans le message de
news: ONNOpv4#DHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Office 2000 SP3 FR
>
> From Excel / MS Query, I want to read data in Access tables.
>
> I choose the mdb file and so MS Query displays this error message
> (translated) :
> "This data source does'nt have any visible table".
>
> Original in French : "Cette source de donn�es ne contient aucune table
> visible."
>
> I transfert my data to a new mdb file : it work's few times (!), then the
> error message appears again.
>
> How to resolve this problem ?
>
> Jacques.

Timer for Queries?

Erratic results from query criteria

Cannot open .mdb file in Access 2000 running Windows 2000 Professional
Good Afternoon All- I have a secured database that I am attempting to open with Access 2000 and I am getting a runtime error. There are three old machines in my office which run Windows 2000 Professional. I was able to get it to work on one machine by installing the updated MDAC file from a download from Microsoft. The other two machines generate the same error in that there is a runtime error with the switchboard. The MDAC file cannot be updated in Windows 2000 as it is in Windows XP. The i386 file does not contain the MDAC file and you can't right click on the file and then click i...

Converting SQL database to Access database
I am not too familiar with either of these products. Can someone tell me if an SQL database can be viewed and manipulated through Access? If not how can I convert the SQL database into an Access database. Thanks. Chirvan You can use the Access Table linking feature to view tables from SQL server via ODBC. If you have a unique index on the table in SQL Server, then you can manipulate the data. -- Lynn Trapp MS Access MVP www.ltcomputerdesigns.com Access Security: www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/Security.htm "Chirvan" <cedross@apos.on.ca> wrote in message news:071301c37de8$09e...

Mailshot with access
Hi Is there a way to do an email mail shot from a list of emails stored in an access table one row per email? I think Word allows this but does not give an option to set mail shot subject. Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > Is there a way to do an email mail shot from a list of emails stored > in an access table one row per email? I think Word allows this but > does not give an option to set mail shot subject. > > Thanks > > Regards Either try mail merge (look it up in the help) or try our email scheduler (http://www.repeatmail.com) which will allow you...

Update Query ?

Matching data in tables
I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i want to find the data that is different. will an advanced filter do this? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jo Davis wrote: > > I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i > want to find the data that is different. > > will an advanced filter do this? -- Dave Peterson Cheers Dave "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: >...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

Access 2007 Mapi Session
I have a program that I have been using for years that generates an email message with an attachment and populates the "TO" and "CC" from an Access database. I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and Access 2007 and in the process lost Administrator privileges due to security concerns. The program doesn't work on the new computer and I need to tell the IT staff what additional files I need to make the program work. Thank you, Dave Dave, Judging by the lack of replies I'm going to say a wee bit more information is needed. Can you post the ...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

Excel 2002 Pivot Table Protection
I've been playing around with protecting my pivot table - so far, I can't get it quite right. What I'm hoping to do is allow users to refresh the pivot table and update any of the "page" dimensions, but NOT allow anyone to pivot or manipulate the row and column dimensions. Is this possible? You could use programming to restrict the pivot table use. For example: '========================================= Sub RestrictPivotTableExceptPage() Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1) With pt .EnableWizard = False .EnableDril...

It it possible to create a database in Access for this:
Hi, Im trying to create a database, but not having much luck. Im new to MS Access. I would like to use a switchboard that people open - it will be used by at least 6 people - so when they open it they have 3 or 4 options to choose from - nice a simple - not confusing for anyone on where to go or what to do. On that i was going to add a form to fill in details on clients. Then from the information that is added in that goes to a table. Such as Name, Number, DOB, location will be filled out for each client. Under that - 10 drop down menus to click on different jobs. Each job goes into a sep...

Pivot Table Summary Error?
Greetings, Sorry, wasn't sure which subforum to post this in, as there's nothing dedicated to pivot table. My dilemma is as follows: I have a spreadsheet where data is entered daily. For my example, just imagine a spreadsheet with three columns: date, date, delay. Two date columns are used for the pivot table. The pivot table is displayed with month and weekly ranges as the row headers. There is a field in the pivot table that is summarized as a MAX of one of the source data columns. Now, the problem I am coming across is the monthly summary MAX is not c...

Removing a field From a Pivot Table
I'm working with a pvt table in excel. Right now there are several fields in the pvt table, including the month different entries are made and the account that made them. When i hit the show detail button in the pivot table i get the detail all of the entries grouped by month and by account on a separate sheet. I want to continue to do this, but i want to also be able to get a second view where i hit the show detail button and only see the detail grouped my account (month is either hidden or totally removed from this list of data in the pvt table and the rows that composed the different...

pass through query

SQL2008 and Access 2007 Data Project
I am have SQL 2008 and Microsoft office 2007. I created a adp DB that connects to a DB in SQL 2008. Everything seems fine but I can’t edit the records in the Microsoft adp database. I have full rights to the db so that is not the issue and. In fact I go into SQL and edit the records without any issues. Another odd thing is I do have a command button set up that runs a delete stored procedure in SQL and updates a table in SQL and this works fine. Has anyone ran into this problem and if so is can you point me to the solution? Thanks Andy > Has anyone ran into this...

a count field in a query?

Link Drop Down list with Pivot Table
Hi I'm using MS Excel 2003 and need a solution regarding link my drop down list with my pivot table. Query : I have created a drop down list in which month can be selected and wanted to link with pivot table in which month wise team count is displayed for a selected month. Presently I'm drag n drop the month in pivot table and its shows the count. But this exercise I have to do every time when I need the report. Is it possible that I have select the month from my drop down list (created in same sheet) and pivot table shows the data related to that month. Ple...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Location of Grand Total in Pivot table
Is the a way to show the Grand total next to the selected Field as opposed to the right now column ( I am using a file that had data results by Date)? You can not move the grand totals. They is where they is and that's where they stays... -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Rosemary" wrote: > Is the a way to show the Grand total next to the selected Field as opposed to > the right now column ( I am using a file that had data results by Date)? ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

How to prevent access to hidden cells?
As you may know, it is very easy to view contents of hidden cells of a hidden worksheet of a structure protected workbook. You just need to enter a formula in any cell, referring to the hidden cell. for ex, to see content of hidden cell A1 of hidden sheet1, just enter formula in a cell "=sheet1!A1" to get the content! Is there a way to block this easy workaround? NB : I am referring to protected cells in an opened workbook. ...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

access tables
The data base I'm using is taking a long time to tables and subtables. Does anyone have any suggestions?-- N/A Hi Greg,are your tables linked?if so, it is good to open a table or a recordset to one of the linked tables while you are workingWarm Regards,Crystal * (: have an awesome day :) *MVP AccessRemote Programming and Trainingstrive4peace2006 at yahoo.com *Greg wrote:> The data base I'm using is taking a long time to tables and subtables. Does > anyone have any suggestions? I would reccomend not using MDB for anything. It isn't fast enoughfor real world use.Ac...