Q: How to automatically adapt column width with XML format?

Hi.
I'm developing an application that outputs its results to an XML file (with
Excel XP's DTD). The trouble is the column width, which is set at default.
Is there an XML tag which allow to adapt width automatically?

I thought about a VBA macro, but I noticed that VBA code isn't stored in XML
Excel's files.

Thanks in advance,
Francesco.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=?Utf-8?Q?Hvordan_=C3=A5bnes_en_csv-fil_i_excel?= =?Utf-8?Q?_2007_=28Office_til_hjemmet_og_stu?= =?Utf-8?Q?di?=
Mit blodtryksapparat leverer data i form af en csv-fil. I min tidligere udgave af Excel (2000) gav det ikke problemer (heller ikke i OpenOffice); men i Excel 2007 åbnes filen i én kolonne - dvs. jeg får ikke oplysningerne fordelt ud i regnearket, så de kan bruges til beregninger af fx gennemsnit. Davs JCTC! Klikk på "Data" Velg ikonet "Fra Tekst" på venstresiden. Du må finne frem til .csv-filen på harddisken. En Wizard som kalles "Text import wizard" kommer frem. Velg "Delimited" og trykk neste. Velg "C...

XML canonicalization using VB
How can I canonicalise an XML file in VB???? Kindly help me out at the earliest. I can do the same in .NET using System.Security.Cryptography.Xml.XmlDsigC14NTransform namespace. I am very much desperate for this... All I need to do is.. take an XML as input and give an canonicalized XML as output. Regards, From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/49_2003_10_0_0_0/dotnet-xml.ht Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Group http://www.developmentnow.com Praveen wrote: > How can I canonicalise an XML file in VB???? Kindly help me out at the earliest. > > I can do the same in .NET using Syst...

VBA Sub to delete rows based on a Column Value
I have a workshhet named Final Short Quote. Anywhere in Column C wher the cell conatins the word Remove, I want to delete that row. How can do that -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following macro: Sub delete_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If instr(Cells(row_index, 3).Value,"Remove")>0 then Rows(row_index).delete End If Next Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -- Regards Fra...

Possible to automatically delete all emails in current folder except...?
I am using Outlook 2002 and was wondering if there is an app that I could use with it to help with this situation: Every day I receive an updated currency list and it goes into a folder in the Inbox called "Currency". I then have to delete any previous emails in that folder except the current one. Is it possible to have a program that will delete all the emails in that folder except the most recent one - even if it is not the same as the current date? Thanks ...

How do I set an 'M' prefix to existing text in a column?
Hi I have a column of part numbers which are of varying length and start with varying letters. I would like to add 'M' to the beginning of every cell so for example A2115401717 would become MA2115401717. I'm fairly new to excel so I'm not sure if this is even possible. I would appreciate any help. Assuming your column A, type in B ="M"&A2 and copy down. Regards Cimjet "muppetlover27" <muppetlover27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AC9F6EA-BE8E-4A58-AE1B-F91F0824AB5C@microsoft.com... > Hi > I have a column of part numbe...

Automatic skipping
I need to enter an 8 digit number, with one number per cell. It gets old having to hit a number, then the tab, then the number...you get my drift. Is there anyway to set up a formula or something so that after I enter the one number, it automatically jumps to the next cell, etc? (I used to be able to set up a skip field on the old keypunch machines programming. Surely there is some way I can do this in Excel. Hi! Insert a helper column to the left of the eight other columns. Assume that is column A and you enter this one 8 digit number in A2. A2 = 12345678 In B2 enter this formula ...

Formating rows and columns
Is there an easier way to format columns, to total 4 columns over a 30 row span? I need to create a cost tracking system to analyze cost vs: budget over a 30 day period containing four items; Material, Labor, Equipment, and Contingency. Having to format the" total" columns for each row is very time consuming. You have four columns of numbers Lets say the first row is B2,C2,D2 and E2 In F2 type =SUM(B2:E2) or use the AutoSum tool (Greek symbol bit like E) Click on F2 and look in its lower right corner - small black square is called "fill handle" Either drag this dow...

Another Synchornizing Subforms Q
Okay I have a main form with 2 continous subforms. Subform1 - sbfmClientSearch with a wildcard search by client field. I type "Toy" I get every client that contains this text. I placed a check box so I can select the exact client I want to see details in Subform2. Subform2 - sbfmCustDetail I'm still struggling with the check box and linking the master/child fields. Is this possible? Any suggestions. Create an invisible (visible for testing) TextBox on the MainForm. Set the ControlSource to SubFormControl1Name.FORM.IDControlOnThisForm The ID should be availabl...

Calendar in two columns or specified range
I have used the following which works fine except that I would like to have the calendar available for two specific columns or a specified range. What is the syntax to replace the "If Target.Column = 1" to accomplish this. > This is a reprint of a post from Ron de Bruin last year on this subject > > ============================================== > > Do Insert-Object from the menubar and place a calendar control on your > sheet. > If you select a cell in Column A the calendar will popup and when > you DblClick on the calendar the date will be placed in the...

only the first 5 columns of a 10 column excel spreadsheet sort
How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? Using Office 2003. Maybe if you remove the Data|list Select a cell in that blue box. Data|list|convert to range jrw562 wrote: > > How do I get the whole spread sheet to sort? There is a blue lox for the > first 5 columns that limits the range of the sort. How do I remove it? > Using Office 2003. -- Dave Peterson ...

Invoice Numbering Automatically
I would like to know how to automatically number my invoices each time I make a new one. ie: starting at 100 and then 101, 102 etc..... Is there a way to do that. For a couple of ways, see http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html In article <BCEBB971-C12A-4942-9346-833B4253AB39@microsoft.com>, bridie <bridie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to know how to automatically number my invoices each time I make > a new one. ie: starting at 100 and then 101, 102 etc..... Is there a way to > do that. Is there not a way to do the auto...

Modifying cell entries when changing format
I'm trying to alter a column of the format "1/12/2007 9:07:00 AM" to format "1/12/2007" - that is, so that only the date shows up. When I do this, I also would like to get the data to take on this actual form (rather than just showing up this way in the cell, but remaining in the old format ("1/12/2007 9:07:00 AM"). I tried certain wildcards in Find/Replace, but have been unsuccessful. Thus far, all I've been able to do is Find "1/12/2007*" and Replace with "1/12/2007." However, that requires me to go date by date, and I have ...

Automatic assign contact to the same owner as Account
In our company the rule is that an Account is assigned to an owner and all the contact of this Account are assigned to the same owner. So I am looking for a solution to implement a workflow that do this job when an Account is changed to another user. I have to change the account from user A to user B and I would like to find a solution to avoid manual manipulation to also Assign to B all the contact of the Account I have just change from A to B. Can somebody help me ??? Thanks in advance ...

How do I drag a formula from right to left columns instead of rig.
Matt Please enter a description of your problem in the body, not in the subject line. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:41:04 -0800, "matt" <matt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: What is it with all these posts recently that use the subject only, maybe we all should boycott non proper questions? Frankly, I find it rather rude.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote in message news:8h2nr0lqlh9uo8jph7oqgdcafmr8s...

Problem importing XML
Hi, im new to this xml thing. I created an excel and when i imported an XML document, insteand of the information appearing in a single row, it began appearing like a stairway. Example, insetad of being, row1 column A, row 1 column B, row 1 column C it appears as row1 column A, row 2 columnB, row 3 column C. Does anyone knows how to fix this?? Is it problem of excel or of my xml?? here is a pic showing whats happening http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o231/fire_hunter39/error.jpg thanks The problem is solved. I had by mistake some elements with the same name. Know it works correctly...

How do I make a chart that will automatically calculate my bills . #2
I want to make a chart/graph that will have 3 columns where I can enter my bills and have them automatically calculated. !st column the name of company, Second column amount of bill, 3rd column auto calculate my balance after each amount entered from 2nd column. Help Please!! Thanks! melissto wrote: || I want to make a chart/graph that will have 3 columns where I can || enter my bills and have them automatically calculated. !st column || the name of company, Second column amount of bill, 3rd column auto || calculate my balance after each amount entered from 2nd column. Help || Please!! Tha...

Conditional Formatting: Fill Cell if Formula Overwritten
Dear all, Cell A1 contains a formula. How would I go about conditonally formatting A1 such that the cell will be filled if the formula is overwritten by a hard number? Thanks in advance, Neil Any reason not to lock the cell and use worksheet protection to keep people from accidentally overtyping the formula? Here's one option, I'm sure there will be others. Start in your cell of concern (lets use A1), it has a formula in it such as =A2+B3 In another cell somewhere put in the same formula, but subtract 1 from the result as: =A2+B3-1 Let's say that ...

Formating outline numbers and captions with chapter numbers
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Greetings I am trying to write a dissertation with Word, a task it seems completely unable to do. The format requirements of the institution demand that there be a chapter heading and below that a chapter title. For some odd reason, if you do not include text on the same line as the chapter heading then the chapter number in the caption will always be zero. Furthermore, the table of contents index includes both the chapter heading and the title (because they are basically Heading1-styled objects) and there doesn't s...

Where can I find a BerkeleyDB XML for .Net || Has anybody found anything about .Net and BerkeleyDB
Hi, I am looking for any information regarding BerkeleyDB XML for .NET or if anybody have information regarding an alternativ (free) to BerkeleyDB XML for storing XML and using XQuery. (Yes I have looked at http://www.sleepycat.com) I have found the samples in the download (http://www.merrells.com/john/dbxml/archives/cat_faq.html#000197) ==> I am currently having a look at SWIG.... Any more links or any other information would be much appreciated. Regards, ..RikardN oooh, yuck look at that cross posting. what do you want? a free database ? What do you mean by "alternative to...

Chart
Chart - Title Widths Does anyone know how to find the width of a title/axis title? ...

q-q plots
I originally posted this in the excel.misc group but received no replies. I then found this group and it makes more sense to post here (I hope)... Is there anyone who can tell me please how to make quantile-quantile plots in excel? I have two sets of data (one with 500 records, one with 300) and I want to make a q-q plot of them. I am not sure how to handle data sets that do not have equal numbers of records. Thanks Chris Inquirer, Here's a site that might help. It notes that the sample sizes do not need to be the same: http://www.itl.nist.gov/div898/handbook/eda/section3/qqplot.ht...

Pasting conditional cell formatting onto other cells
Suppose you have a matrix of cells, say in C11:D12 for simplicity, upon which you have imposed a conditional formatting scheme, so that, for example, cell C11 is shaded yellow and D12 is shaded cyan. Also suppose that the matrix in C11:D12 was derived from a matrix in A1:B2. Is there a simple way to impose the shading in the C11:D12 matrix onto the matrix in A1:B2, even though the conditional formatting imposed on C11:D12 is not applicable to A1:B2? Example: Here is C11:D12: 0.76 0.98 0.99 0.22 We impose on this matrix the conditional formatting scheme that all values between 0.50 an...

=?Utf-8?Q?Identify_Label_=E2=80=94_More_than_one_c?= =?Utf-8?Q?ell_with_label?=
I have a user who gets this dialog whenever she tries to modify a formula. She wants to multiply an existing formula by the value that is in cell AV5. However, when she activates the formula bar, then types an asterisk and an A (intending, obviously, to continue to type "...V5", the Identify Label dialog immediately pops up and says there is more than one cell with this label. It shows an "a" (without the quotes). It asks the user to select the cell containing the label to use. If she types in AV5, she gets a message saying "That cell does not contain a vali...

How to launch automatically ID_FILE_SAVE
How can I launch automatically a serialization with the application without having to use for example the menu ID : ID_FILE_SAVE. Can I find any message (WM_****) to send to do this ? Thank you. Use something like pMainFrame->PostMessage(WM_COMMAND, MAKEWPARAM(ID_FILE_SAVE,0), 0); -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ff" <a@a.fr> wrote in message news:420e7861$0$849$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr... > How can I launch automatically a serialization with the application > without having to use for example the menu ID : ID_FILE_SAVE. > > Can I find any m...

Converting Data from Rows to Columns
I have a large table of data that contains many rows of information, categorised by row. I would like to be able to convert this into a table with the same date categorised into columns. E.g. Row 4 contans the data '531,331,342 etc' I would like this data to be presented down column D in the same order. The reason for this is that It would be far easier for me to copy formulas down the columns rather than along the rows. How can I do this? Thanks in advance keep your data in a database; and it is easy to turn it into rows or columns. excel is 1-dimensional. run away while y...