push rather than pull cell data.

Is it possible with excel to push data from cells to another sheet in same
excel file rather than pull it from the cells you want populated each time
cell data is changed.

Thanks for any help with this.

0
BINZA
3/21/2007 6:09:52 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Maybe you could use a macro.

--

Dave Peterson
0

or (note ranges must be the same size)

sheets("destsht").range("a2:a22").value= _
sheets("sourcesht").range("a4:a24").value
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Is it possible with excel to push data from cells to another sheet in same
> excel file rather than pull it from the cells you want populated each time
> cell data is changed.
>
> Thanks for any help with this.

0
dguillett1 (2487)
3/21/2007 12:28:07 PM
Maybe linking cells would work for you.

Enter  =Sheet1!A1  in any cell on Sheet2 and that cell will update when Sheet1
A1 is changed.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 06:09:52 -0000, "BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove
this)@virgin.net> wrote:

>Is it possible with excel to push data from cells to another sheet in same
>excel file rather than pull it from the cells you want populated each time
>cell data is changed.
>
>Thanks for any help with this.

0
Gord

Cannot change formats of cells???
I have this spreadsheet that will not allow me to change the format of some of its cells. I have tried messing with the protection, but it shows that the cells are unprotected. Other cells of the same sheet will allow me to do it but for some reason I cant change others. I right click on the cell and select "Format Cells" but nothing at all happens. No dialogue, nothing. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance. Chris Try looking under Tools > Options > Security There are no security features on the spreadsheet. No protection, no passwords. I am beginning to think that ...

Grabbing the last Non-empty cell in a range
Howdy all y'all. I have a spreadsheet that totals the daily production, keeps a running total of production everyday, and also shows the average daily production. The first of these is totaled at the bottom... but the second two should simply reflect the values of the very last cell with data in it. How do I set a cell to display the number in the last non-blank cell of a certain range of cells? I don't even know how to word this question to the assistant, Clippy. Thank you very much for the predicted help. Arlen Try this: =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) -- HTH, ...

Creating Data Tables off-sheet
Does anyone know how to create data tables in a sheet other than the sheet containing the input data? Someone showed me the trick a long time ago and it has escaped my mind. Thanks in advance for any clues or complete solution. Cheers! Atem Do you mean that your data is in sheet1 and you want to put the data table containing some of that data in sheet2? If so, you can just reference sheet1 in your formulas in sheet2. =sheet2!A50 =sheet2!A50-sheet2!B50 etc etc Lacty wrote: > Does anyone know how to create data tables in a sheet other than the > sheet containing the input data? Some...

Turn a range of cells into 'read only'
I want to turn a range of Sheet1 cells into 'read only' when my file is saved. The conditions are as follows: If range A1:A100 (a range of dates) = TODAY() Then range C1:C100 which corresponds to TODAY() is made 'read only' I don't know if it matters, but the sheet will be password protected. Can you help with a macro for this? Thanks. Michael What do you mean by "read only"? Do you want the cells to be values only? What values are in C1:C100? Do you want the C1:C100 cells to become locked if any corresponding cell in column A matches TOD...

Newbie (!) Exchange 2003 push and SPV M5000 Active SYnc 4.2
~sigh~ Pulling my hair out here.... After manu years running Mercury Mail I've decided to giv MSExch a go because I have a new SPV M5000 (QTEC 9000) which supports push email Problem is I can't seem to get the SPV, Router port forwarding or Exchange set up properly and Im going on holiday in 2 weeks to wantto have it working!!! I hate to use the prase "idiot's guide" but... maybe "Big Dummy's" might be better Can anyone point me to a foolproof step by step giude own what I need to do please? The problems at the moment revolve around the Active Synce nt...

Add formula to cell to sum range of cells
I am trying to write a macro that selects a range of cells and then format a nearby cell to show the sum of that range. The code i have does so by selecting the range, naming it, and using the name in the formula. The problem is that I want to run this for multiple sheets in the workbook. I can't figure out how to use a variable to name the range and use it in the sum formula. Using ActiveSheet.name + "Days" in the sum formula creates an error. Range("B11").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown).Offset(-1#)).Select ActiveWorkbook.N...

Programmatically copying charts and cells from Excel into PowerPoi
I have a PowerPOint presentation that is popululated from Excel using a macro. In 2003 it worked fine (well, I wasn't totally happy, but it saved users a lot of time). It chooses a selection (including the range enclosing the chart + other data that they want to include on the slide) and copies the selection to the PowerPoint slide. Anyway, now that I'm testing it in 2007, I sometimes get half of the graph in the copy. I've tried all combinations of CopyPicture in Excel 2007 and none really works very well. What next? I'm wondering if a permutation of ALT PRINT...

Filter by form search field showing non-distinct values in pull do
Howdy. I'm using Filter-by-Form for searching. For each field, when in FBF, the pull down shows a list of distinct values for that column. One field on my form, though, is showing a list of non-distinct values, so the list has over 200,000 entries, many of them duplicates (in this case, NULL or zero length string). What's going on? This particular field was fine earlier in development, and the other search fields are still fine - showing only distinct values. Any suggestions on where to look/what to do??? Thanks. Danny Danny - Just a guess here, but since...

Selecting top cell after auto filter procedure
On a wksheet where freeze panes occurs at row 25 and after running an auto filter procedure in VBA.... What is the best method to activate the first row, Col N, in the visible rows? In another similar procedure, 2. How can you make as many of the visible rows visible so that the last visible row is still viewable without having to manually scroll up or down? ( In other words, have the last visible row showing as low as possible on the screen.) Rob ...

Custom filling of cells
Hi, I am filling cells with the formula HBL0052-77 and am wanting to fill the series down, but only change the number immediately after HBL, not the last number ie/ so the next numbers in the series would be HBL0053-77, HBL0054-77. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help! Assuming you have HBL0052-77 in A1, put this formula in A2: =3DLEFT(A1,3)&TEXT(MID(A1,4,4)+1,"0000")&RIGHT(A1,3) then copy down as required. Hope this helps. Pete On Mar 5, 1:20=A0am, rach94 <rac...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I am fil...

Data Calulation Between Dates
I'm trying to work with the formula: =SUMIF(B3:B500,??????????????,G3:G500) I want to be able to calculate data between two dates, let�s sa between 1 July 2004 and 30 July 2004. I'm lost on how to figure tha into the "criteria" section of this formula. Any help would b appreciated. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ghostrider123! I have a schedule of dates in A1:A100 I have a schedule of amounts in B1:B100 I have an earliest date in C1 I have a latest date in D1 =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100>=C1),--(A1:A100<=D1),B1:B100) SUMPRODUCT approach u...

Cell/X Axis Issue
My chart pulls data from another spreadsheet and populates the chart. The X axis pulls 2 cells and one has each word in it, i.e. one cell has 'Facility' and the other has 'Complaint'. On the other spreadsheet, the cells are one above the other like: Facility Complaint The issue is that the word 'Facility' ends up being perpendictular to 'Complaint' in the axis and I would like to have them both horizontal. This is a screenshot so you have an idea what I'm talking about: http://i41.tinypic.com/fc8x6x.jpg Hi, If you use Excel's default axis for bot...

Data input form
I have 20 cells values that must be input to a row 128 times within about a half hour to 45 minutes. I need to do this once each month. In Excel 97 there was a 'data input' form that could be used. I cannot find that in Excel 2002. Any advice would be appreciated since I think it would really help speed things up. Barney Are you looking for.... Select your data range, including col headings. From the Excel main menu: Data>Form Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "Barney" wrote: > I have 20 cells values that must be input to a ...

Paste Data into Contiguous (Visible) Cells
I am trying to paste data from a set of contiguous cells in one sheet into some cells in anther sheet. I have hidden the columns I do not want to paste the data so that the selection that I would want to paste into looks contiguous. I was hoping that Excel would see it that way also and just paste one cell after another. However, it chooses to paste to the hidden cells, which is not what I want. Does anyone know how (without writing a macro) I can paste into cells that are not contiguous normally, but appear contiguous when some columns are hidden? Thanks in advance. Trevor -- trev_s...

Direct Push not pushing!!!
Hi Guys, i have exchange SP2 running and an imate jasjar with AKU2.0 installed. i have direct push working like a treat but not it only seems to sync when a heartbeat is transmitted...any ideas. have been through all the firewall setting and the knowledge base article about timeouts etc. i just cant work it out as nothing has changed yet it was working fine... Cheers JK Do you have the Security and Feature pack for the device installed?? Greetings "Jeremy Koch" wrote: > Hi Guys, i have exchange SP2 running and an imate jasjar with AKU2.0 > installed. i have direct pu...

Global setting for Protected Cell Color?
The only thing close seems to be conditional formatting and it doesn't seem to meet my needs. I selected the whole sheet, set first box in Format | Conditional Formatting to Formula Is and set the formula to be =cell("Protect",a1)=1 and set the format as blue text. Since a1 is protected, all the cells become blue text. Any ideas how to do this globally rather than a cell by cell format? For me, when I select the entire sheet, with A1 active, and set the CF to be: CF1: Formula is =Cell("protect", A1) Format1: <font>/<blue> Only the...

Cell export to Text File?
Is it possible to export information in cells to a text file? Where each cell would be a line in the file? Would it be possible to make a button do this if it is at all possible? Try saving as filetype CSV. Rgds, ScottO "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:522EC33D-DD6E-4EB0-A88D-A5905A41A5D6@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to export information in cells to a text file? | Where each cell would be a line in the file? | | Would it be possible to make a button do this if it is at all possible? Yes that is the file type I can use, and I know I can...

autofilling cells
say i have a in A1, b in A7, c in A9 how do i insert a in A2 - A6, b in A8 and "c" in A10 - A21 TIA Hi Select your range of cells in column A. Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. Type = and then press up arrow. Then hit Shift Enter. If you are happy with this result, select the range again and Edit / Copy then Edit / Paste Special / Values to fix the values in place. Andy. "John Smith" <a__@abv.bg> wrote in message news:uZuZ1$8FEHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > say i have a in A1, b in A7, c in A9 > how do i insert a in A2 - A6, b in A8 and > "c&q...

How to set default cell formattiing to vertical alignment = top ??
How to set 'Alignment', 'Vertical:' cell formatting to be 'Top' as default format for all new worksheets ? -- akm Thanks again for your help. ---- Ah, the miracle of computers!... someone also said "To error is human, but to really screw up it takes a computer!" Take a look at "default workbook" in XL Help. In article <563D9BF8-D599-43E6-9383-AB68FC7CBF01@microsoft.com>, akm <akm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to set 'Alignment', 'Vertical:' cell formatting to be 'Top' as default > format for...

Pulling Specifcic info from worksheet to another
Hello. Here is my dilemma. I have two worksheets. One with records that include first name, last name & company. The second worksheet has first name, last name, company and email address. I am trying to 'fill in the blanks' on worksheet 1. What I want to do something that says if first name & last name & company name match in both workbook 1 & workbook 2, then place the email address found in worksheet 2 to the appropriate cell in worksheet 1. Is it possible? ...

Complicated Sorting Data Problem
Hello everyone, I am trying to sort a list of temperatures to analyze a chillers operation. The chiller turns on when the outside air temperature is 80, and turns off when the outside air temperature is 70. I am trying to find the time when the chiller is on (temperature was above 80 and didn't drop below 70) and the temperature is between 70 and 75. All I need is excel to display a 1 if it is on (and between 70-75) or 0 if off, because every 1 is a unit of time. All the sorts I have tried are unable to look back and see if it was turned on, because it may have been ...

Update Retirement Account wizard loses all my data (2005)
Every month I use the somewhat tedious Update Retirement Account wizard to enter the month's 401(k) transactions. (Yes, I know I could try downloading them, but that hasn't worked smoothly in the past and I'm wary of it.) Anyway, since upgrading to Money 2005, I get an error at the end of the process when I click the Finish button: "Your information is being saved. If the problem persists..." When I click OK, none of my data is saved. Any ideas? Thanks! -Doug I came across this one over the weekend on the UK version. If I hear back I'll try to remember to...

cell formats
Hi, I need to get data from a web site. I can, either, click > drag > copy the web site table and then paste into Excel OR I can download a csv file from the web site. Either way, a column in the resulting spreadsheet is populated with 12 digit numbers formatted as General. The problem is, a number that should appear as 464140530360 is shown as 4.64141E+11 The only way I can get it to appear as 12 digits is to format it as a Number with no decimal places. What I'd really prefer is to format it as Text because its eventually to go into Access and it doesn't require any calcul...

can i copy data without row numbers?
i have 600 potential payees in an excel spreadsheet. Of these only 20% receive payment in any one week. By using macros I can produce a worksheet showing all payees paid in any one week, hiding all others. However the resulting spreadsheet still retains the original row numbers as the zero value rows are only hidden. Is there any way that I can have the spreadsheet ignore the original row references so that the first payee is shown in row 1, the seconf in row 2 etc?Thanks Rewrite the macro? If you tell us the code someone may point the way. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca...