Providing help for a template

Hi,

I have a template which is not that easy to use, so I need to show some help
to users - what is the best way of doing this. It should be something that
is not modal, as it should stay visible as the user works.....

Regards
Bo Rasmussen

0
krogenlund (14)
6/28/2004 10:07:36 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Bo,

You can use Data - Validation.  Leave the "Allow" box set to "Any value."
Put instructions in the Input Box, and they'll pop up like comments when the
cell is selected.  Or use cell comments (right-click, Insert comment).
They'll pop up when the mouse hovers over the cell.   Modeless UserForms
(Excel 2000 and beyond) can be put on the screen and will stay there.  You
need some macro code to control them.

--
Earl Kiosterud

"Bo Rasmussen" <krogenlund@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a template which is not that easy to use, so I need to show some
help
> to users - what is the best way of doing this. It should be something that
> is not modal, as it should stay visible as the user works.....
>
> Regards
> Bo Rasmussen

0
nowhere1083 (630)

How can I map templates?
How can I map my templates in Excel (using 97 version). I can do this in Word under Tools and Options, but I can't find this same function in Excel. Thank you. What exactly do you mean by "Map Templates"? Are you perhaps talking about the Path to the file locations? -- Regards, RD -------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ------------------------------------------------------------------- "CVanetsky" <vanetsky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Safe Pay Template for SVB
Has anyone got the Safe Pay template for Silicon Valley Bank? Can you kindly post it. Thank you. LR Just for clarity, I was actually wondering if any one has a config file already setup for the bank. I don't want to re-invent the wheel if I don't have to. Thank you. "LR" wrote: > Has anyone got the Safe Pay template for Silicon Valley Bank? > Can you kindly post it. > > Thank you. > LR ...

Outlook 2007
Can anyone help? I can create a template, no problem. I can reply to emails, no problem. What I can not do and for the life of me, I'm not sure Outlook does either, is reply to an email using a template. It seems so simple, Reply, Reply To All, Reply Using Template ... In Outlook 2003, one had to create a custom rule. In Outlook 2007, the feature has been removed. Any ideas on how I can reply to an email with a specific template? I use templates in Outlook 2007. Check here it may be helpful: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA102487481033.aspx / Andr...

Need 8859 template substitute so my business cards line up proper
I created a nice business card and when I went to print them using Avery 8859 bus. cards, they did not line up correctly. How do I correct this. Is there another template that would be a substitute for avery 8859? Thx On Tue, 4 May 2010 15:09:01 -0700, Marilyn <Marilyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a nice business card and when I went to print them using Avery 8859 >bus. cards, they did not line up correctly. How do I correct this. Is there >another template that would be a substitute for avery 8859? Thx I suspect you want to post this quest...

Contents of Windows Mail folders disappeared. Help please....
Hi.... I use Windows Mail on Vista Home Premium; and a POP3 email client (a small regional company...not a well-known one). On my Windows Mail page I have about 30 folders where I click and drag messages I want to keep long-term or short-term. I have a new iPod Touch and am learning how to set it up for email etc. There is no email program set up on this iPod yet. While the iPod was plugged into the computer, I was browsing Windows Mail menus. I opened the tools menu and I accidently hit "Synchronize All". All the messages in my Windows Mail folder disappeare...

help with LNK2005 error
Hi all, I'm currently working on a project in MFC, which uses a custom C++ class to communicate with another app using ATL. The class header looks something like this: // --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- // MyClass.h //// Include the ATL headers needed: #define _ATL_ATTRIBUTES 1 #include <atlbase.h> #include <atlcom.h> #include <atlwin.h> #pragma once #import "APP.exe" tlbid(1), named_guids, embedded_idl using namespace AppLib; // Event receiving [ module(name="AppEvents&qu...

HELP! Money Files and Backup files lost!!
I had a computer guy work on my computer and asked him to consolidate folders because we had folders all over the place and I wanted them all in a centralized location. As a result, Money can't find my files. I tried doing a search for *.mbf & *.mny files to no avail. The files that show up are EMPTY!! AND as luck would have it, BOTH my backup floppies are corrupt!! Can anyone help me find my files? The computer guy insists that he deleted nothing. I'm using Microsoft Money 2001. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated as we're talking about 8 years of finanacial d...

Help!
We're adding approximately 1500 users to an AD OU for the state of Delaware. The domain logon names will be formatted First name.Lastname Example: Joe.Smith We're going to be populating an Exchange 2000/2003 information store with these 1500 new AD users. The SMTP address for these users will be "First Name.Last name@state.de.us" Example: Joe.Smith@state.de.us Currently these 1500 users are in an Exchange 5.5 information store, where their SMTP address is First initial Last name. Example: JSmith@dot.state.de.us Is there a mechanism to automate making the addre...

on line help can't find the word 'customer' (or anything else)
Any idea what Im doing wrong? Surely this must work : ) Repro steps: 1. From the CRM 'My Home Page' click 'Help' from the toolbar. 2. From the resulting drop-down menu box select 'Contents' or 'User's Guide' (either selection seems to bring up the same help content). 3. The CRM Help system menu appears, with a 'Find' text entry box available at the top of the page. Enter the word 'Customer' and press the 'Go' command button. 4. CRM help responds with the following message: No results were found that matched the query "cu...

desktop calendar template
I want to print 2006 calendars and insert my photos. These free standing desktop calendar cases are what I have in mind. Like a cd case but swivels open past 180 to enable standing https://www.effectuality.com/store/item.php/name/Calendar_Case/product/view/itemid/79/catid/9/store/cdn# they have a blank template at the bottom of the page (photoshop or word - I have both) but I'd like the months too - any idea how I can do this or a link to a better template ? thanks Frank -- ========= A simpler way to ask is how to find and use a 'scalable' monthly or two monthly calend...

Help: Hyperlinks
Hi, I have a problem with my hyperlinks not working after I protect the sheet. These are hyperlinks that go to other parts of a large sheet. I have a hyperlink that goes to a differnet sheet in the same workbook that works fine after protection is enabled. These hyperlinks are assigned to buttons I made with the Autoshapes feature. Any ideas? I just tried this in xl2002 and it worked fine with the worksheet protected. But maybe you could assign a macro to your shape: option explicit sub myLineClick application.goto worksheets("sheet2").range("b2"), scroll:=true ...

Week ending date query help
I am trying to build a query in Access 2007 that will display all records that fall within a certain week, based on a week ending date. The week ending date needs to be a variable. Here is what I have so far, but I'm trying to simplify it. Between [Enter start date] and [Enter end date] I was hoping to have the user just input one date (the week ending date), instead of entering the start date and then the end date. I tried this, but it didn't work: Between [Enter Week Ending Date] and ([Enter Week Ending Date] - 6) Does any one know an easier way of setting the criteria for this q...

Help with Vlookup Function
Hey there. I'm working with two sheets on a file. On the first sheet is a list of students and the schools that they attend, with the student in column A and the school in B. There are 200 rows. In sheet2, there is a list of the schools and a countif for the number of students at each. There are six students at School Alpha. I want to perform a lookup that returns the names of each of those six students, as listed in column A of sheet1. Any ideas? I'd appreciate it if anyone had any advice. If you need clarification, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance. Try th...

Help with Charting Data Series
BACKGROUND: First off, I inherited a set of graphs (line chart over area chart) that track a set of 3 percentages numbers along a timelime from left to right (older to newest). In these graphs the data series covers the date ranges in the data table all the way to the right (even if the value is NULL), ie: 02/02 02/09 02/16 02/23 ... 07/05 07/12 07/19 07/26 (1) 35.6 37.2 37.8 39.7 ... 39.1 36.8 (2) 42.3 40.2 39.8 37.6 ... 43.2 44.1 (3) 22.1 22.6 22.4 22.7 ... 18.6 19.1 In the original graphs the data series lines in ea...

Templates for publisher?
Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Search for "menu". -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kimii1" <kimii1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:966DD0D0-FA0B-4E4B-A999-636A05DFC3A5@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? >-----Original Message----- >Where can I find a selection of restaurant menu templates for publisher?? >. > Try here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templa...

Can I create a page template with A4 width, but infinite length?
I would like to be able to create a template with A4 width, but a variable length that increases as I type, just as it does in a default blank document. I am a student and I like to copy and paste lecture notes from Word straight into OneNote (2007). Unfortunately my lecture notes stretch across more than one page of A4. At the moment, seeing as I can't find a way to limit the page width without altering the 'bottomless' page length I am left with two (unsatisfactory) options: (a) copy text into a default blank document, meaning it gets resized when I print, (givi...

mpf vs. wmf HELP!!!
I post this in clip art already, but just in case... All of a sudden, when downloading clip art from online in pub, it started to download in a mpf instead of a wmf. Therefore it doesn't save it in clip art organizer and I can't use it. I had just downloaded a few under one category and it worked fine, then i searched a different category and it didn't work at all. I love my clip art. Please help. ..mpf files are what you use with Pub 2002. Older clipart was .cil files. Were you getting your art from Microsoft.com's site? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] &qu...

help #18
I have a column in an excel sheet (max 65000 rows) which contains text. I want to strip off the first word of the text string and place this into a different column leaving the rest(minus this one word) in the original column cell. in toal i have 85000 records and doing this by hand will take for ever. Once this is done I will transfer all records to an access database. can some one please give me a guide on how to go about doing this In an adjacent column =RIGHT(A1,LEN(A1)-FIND(" ",A1)) and copy down. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct...

Sooo frusterated w/ Outlook & Hotmail- Pls help!
I've been having problems receiving my hotmail email in Outlook for about the last month. When I first got my new computer in March, I set up Outlook w/ the Hotmail Outlook Connector and had NO problems. Recently I started receiving completely blank emails- no subject, to, from, empty body, etc. If I accessed my hotmail online the message appeared perfectly. I searched for solutions but nothing I found worked. I tried the new beta outlook connector to no avail. In fact, that made matters worse as outlook gave me an error message & I could no longer open the folders ...

newsletter and template?
How would you set up one page newsletter? Front page is full page -- date would change in title at top and back page would have lower third with return address and U.S. Postage Permit. Could you set it up as template somehow? Is there way to have Publisher divide back page so that I know where writing cutoff for last third is? Do I need to get out my paper and ruler with the English system of measurement and figure this out! I have Publisher 2003. Susan Susan, Start with one of Publisher's templates and delete pages 2 and 3 (Edit|Delete Page). That will get you a single sheet...

how can i remove the template?
i want to use my old backgrounds, but i can't remove the templates Excel stores templates in this folder with .xlt extensions. C:\documents and settings\<user>\application data\microsoft\templates You can locate and remove your template here. -- C01d ------------------------------------------------------------------------ C01d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=34422 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=544036 ...

onDateTimeChange overridin
Hi thanks for helping Im trying to have a simple action occur at the moment the user selects a date on the date time picker in evc. Everything else seems to work fine, only if I override the message (onDateTimeChange)in order to achieve the desired results, the date does not change anymore! Do I need to call the "parent" of the date time picker in order for it's date to update? Thanks again for help/suggestions ...

Need help-For loop
Hi All, I am new to excel programming, below is my code , it will take the date from user and search for the date in all the sheets in the workbook. I am getting an error with the for loop used. Can any one please help. dte = InputBox(" Please Enter Date in Format MM/DD/YYYY") If Not IsDate(dte) Then MsgBox " You have not Entered correct input " Worksheets("Sheet4").Range("test").ClearContents Worksheets("Sheet4").Range("test1").ClearContents Worksheets("Sheet4").Range("A6").Value = "Sorry no da...

personal loan template
need template for persnal loan The lending institution will provide all the forms you need. Forms prepared by lawyers familiar with the rules and regulations in your particular juristiction! On Feb 21, 5:40=A0am, need <n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > need template for persnal loan I could lend you one of my templates, but I'm not sure how you'd pay back the interest. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "need" <need@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Help with a simple form #2
I need help with a very simple form. I have a glossary for my team defined in Excel. I want to set up a form that will let them key in the first few letters of either the acronym or the term itself and show all items in the worksheet that start with those letters. As you key more letters, it refines more. Kind of like the index function in Help. Secondly, I want to set up an input form that a user would fill out that would then save that information into a second spreadsheet (behind the look up one). Then an administrator would review those entries regularly and add the entries to...