protection problem

When I protect a work sheet, the tab key and the left/right arrows only work
within the same row and will not go to the next cell in the next row. The
Enter and up/down arrows do not work at all. To input data on the sheet, you
have to keep using the mouse to go to the needed cell in each row.  On a
sedcond worksheet that is almost identical, the keys work correctly.  Why
does one sheet work and the next doesn't?
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

Problems in viewing Report
Hi we have installed the SQL and CRM in 2 different servers, running on win 2003. I face a problem when viewing reports as it keeps popping up dialog box for username and password which when not given gives a "page cannot be displayed" error. can anybody let me know why the logon request for report section is prompted. I tried to fiddle around with report section datasource, by selecting various options and it works only when a AD user is given in the credential section, since the user's password is prone for expiry, it will be risky to give that option. This is because i...

Port 110 / POP3 Problems
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. The problem that we are having is that Port 110, which we need for POP3 functionality, is being blocked at the server. We have verified that the port is open on our firewall, but we are not able to make it to the Exchange server (from another computer utilizing a POP3 test email). We need POP3 working for our voicemail system (it was previously and we can't figure out why it does not now). When a voicemail is received, it is forwarded to us via email as a file so that it can be listened to without logging in through a telephone....

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Problem Reading Emails -
Sorry for the doubel post. Guys can anyone provide a suggested solution to this problem. I have a few clients who cannot open encrypted emails. When I try to open the message, I get the a dialog box with the following "Cannot open this item. Your digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system" Any ideas? ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Problems with SMTP Virtual Server
Hi, We have moved our Exchange 2000 server across to new hardware. We reinstalled Windows 2000, promoted it to a DC and installed Exchange 2000 server. All the services start up fine and we can mount our private and public stores. We cannot, however, start the Virtual SMTP server and therefore cannot send and receive emails. We have applied the latest service pack too. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Greg Greg, I assume you verified the Simple Mail Transport Protocol service is started? What error do you get when you try to start the SMTP Virtual Server? Is there another applicatio...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

template problems
I used one resume template to create several resumes of the same style. When I finished each of them, I changed it from the template to a publisher document, performed a "save as," and saved as a separate document. However, when I assembled them into one large document as part of a company profile, all of the names changed to the one I was pasting in. I tried to change them, but every time I did, all of them would change to that name. Why is this happening? Thanks for your time and help, Lisa If you told us what version of Windows and Publisher you are using, it would h...

Problem with CTreeCtrl in release version
Hello everyone, i have a problem with the CTreeCtrl class in the release version. Here is the part of the code: //This is my MFCTree Class... class MFCTree : public CTreeCtrl , public IMFCTreeEditBoxToMFCTree { ....... public: MFCTree(); virtual ~MFCTree(); }; //A class which uses the MFCTree class CameraBrowser : public CDialog { ......... private: MFCTree m_mfcTree; }; BOOL CameraBrowser::OnInitDialog() { CDialog::OnInitDialog(); //TreeCtrl erzeugen RECT rect; GetClientRect(&rect); rect.bottom-=30; m_mfcTree.Create(WS_VISIBLE | TVS_HASLINES | TVS_LINESATROOT | TVS_HA...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

public folder free busy problem
Hello: We have a conference room public folder calendar. It is mail enabled but does not publish in free busy schedule. When you invite the conference room and other attendees to a time all users free busy schedules are visible, the conference room has ///(no free busy available) listed. Any resolutions to this type of issue? Thanks, Nope. Public folders as calendars have that limitation. Use a mailbox instead. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85922FD4-E862-49F8-9A76-B3A782C2A205@microsoft.com... >...

Problem With Form/Subform
Access 2003 desktop application ....... When I try to open a form/subform I get the message: "Could not use <name of backend file>; file already in use." What could be causing this message to appear? If I click OK, the form opens with just a blank space for the subform. If I remove the control source from the subform control, the main form opens correctly. I can open the subform by itself with no problem. I have rebuilt the form/subform and get the same message. Thanks for any ideas! Steve "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in be...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

Problem with the first use of the deployment manager
Hi everybody, I'm in charge of the installation and the implementation of MS CRM in an IT services company and I face some problems. I will be very grateful, if you could bring me some help. So I will try to explain my problem clearly: I installed MS CRM on a virtual server, trying to respect all the precautions recommended by Microsoft. After the install, I go to the user manager (in the deployment manager), and: - My first surprise was to see that a system administrator account doesn't appear. - So I try to add one, but the pop-up which lists the AD Users, doesn't seem t...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

Date problems
Money 2003 Version 11.0 When downloading files from the Bank the downlaod is unable to download files after 10/10/03, and keeps replicating the files prior to 10/10/03. Error message: "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolced and therefore was not recorded into your Money file" The system date in the Control Panel is correctly set for Australia The reports module only includes transactions after 10/10/03. It depends on what is in the QIF file, but try setting the dates on your system to use US dates and see whether the import works - it could be ...

Pop3/SMTP Problem
How to solve delivered mails getting redelivered for pop3/ smtp users ? Why messages are getting redelivered once again Thanks and Regards Sathish Kumar They are redelivered because 1. Messages are stored on the server AND 2. POP3 mail client has lost track of what has been downloaded. This is inherent problem with POP3. Migrate to Outlook and read/unread status will be maintained no matter what. sathish kumar nair wrote: > How to solve delivered mails getting redelivered for pop3/ smtp users ? > > Why messages are getting redelivered once again > > > > Thanks ...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

How to Activate "Show all" in a Protected Shared Workbook
Hi, I created a protected and shared workbook in Excel 2003 ,the default Filter Option is "Auto Filter" how can I use the "Show All" in Filtering.? even I unchecked the "Filter Settings" in "Tools-> Share Workbook -> Advanced -> Include Personal View " but it did not work. Thanks. You can't. If the workbook were not shared, then you could create your own macro that unprotects the worksheet, does the showall and reprotects the worksheet. But with the workbook shared, you can't change the protection of a shee...

Protecting a Worksheet
Does anybody know how to protect a workbook so that a user CANNOT unhide a sheet, CANNOT add rows to the viewable sheet, CANNOT alter locked cells, but CAN add text to a comments column which will expand and Wrap text as the comments increase in size? I understand how to protect/unprotect locked cells, but I cannot find the right combination for the above functionality. Is it even possible? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff When a _Workbook_ is protected (Tools, Protection, Protect Workbook, Structure) sheets cannot be unhidden. When a _Worksheet_ is protected locked cells ca...