Protect sheets not allowing entering of data in multiple sheets

Hi All,

I have a customer who has a workbook with protected sheets in it.  They have
cells that are unlocked that they enter information in.  The user may want
to enter the same information in the same cell in multiple sheets.  If the
information is numeric it will allow it.  If it is text, the data will
disappear when the user presses enter.  Has anyone run across this and found
a solution?

Heck, I didn't even know you could do that until the customer showed me.
Learn something new every day.

0
anon6118 (3)
9/25/2006 10:55:20 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

how does the enter key work when addressing?
When I am addressing the e-mail it fills in the rest of the individuals name & e-mail account automatically from the contact book. However, I must hit the tab key for it to complete rather than the enter key. If I want to add a second e-mail address I must then go back to the "To" and start again. Should the enter key allow the rest of the entry without going to the next line? What happens when you hit the enter key? (It should insert the selected address and move the cursor to the end of the address) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Re: Specification sheet
Dear Aladdin I have had another look at selecting the various specification items via check boxes, and the best way to go about this is by using user-forms. The down side to this is the fact that there will be a certain amount of coding that will need to be done in order to get the form working in conjunction with the contractors works order. But by no means impossible. If you do not feel confident in doing it yourself, I am sure that there are a number of IT contractors in your area who would be willing to help. Another alternative, and possibly not viable for you, is to use a data...

Realistic Data Migration Costs
A client of mine was quoted $4,300 to migrate 2,500 records from a system which could export to .txt files. The only consideration from a straight import data view point, was that each Contact was related to an Account. The only details which were required to be imported were contact details (address, phone, mobile etc) and the association with the parent company. To my way of thinking, this is a serious design flaw of MSCRM if it requires this amount of work, to simply show the link between the contact and the account - am I missing something??? It would have ben far cheaper I know to use...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form
Good afternoon, I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so my references would look like this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do this quickly so I dont have to go in and manual...

Entering a date displays incorrectly
Hi all, I have a Lotus spreadsheet I am converting to Excel 2000. Some of the cells contain manually entered dates. However if I type valid date ie 12/10/2003 Excel thinks this is a calculation and divides 12 by 10 then by 200 and then it converts it to a date? Anyone any idea how or why this is happening and how I can stop it. Thanks in advance Ga -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 09:28:20 -0600, gazzabj <<gazzabj.1012p6@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Hi all, > >I have a Lotus spreadsheet I am converting to Excel 2000. > ...

"Cannot shift objects off sheet"
I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I fix this? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cannot+shift+objects+off+sheet http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2009/03/16/cannot-shift-objects-off-sheet-in-excel-2007/ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211769 "Vickie" <Vickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A28B3A-CE1C-4130-AA70-D0FFF300A319@microsoft.com... >I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message > "Cannot shift objects off sheet&quo...

Any way to shift data axes?
Helo all, I am having problems getting some data into the format I need. I'm wondering if this is even possible actually. I'm sure it is, but I'd prefer to keep things simple. Data is coming in from a linked Excel table in a format like the following MRC VEH 1 2 3 4 5 101 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 101 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 101 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 102 AAA 12 34 56 78 90 102 BBB 12 34 56 78 90 102 CCC 12 34 56 78 90 103 etc... MRC and VEH denote the cost centre and vehicle types. For those combinati...

Sorting Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. The main sheet has 2 columns, 1 for first name, 1 for last name. The remaining sheets all have formulas to pull the first and last names automatically from the 1st sheet. If a user sorts the names on the first sheet, they will sort on subsequent sheets, but the information that goes with those names on subsequent sheets will not be included in the sort, thereby misplacing information. Is there anyway to remedy this, short of sorting each sheet each time there is an addition to any one sheet? ...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

Command line to open new outlook message and attach to it multiple attachments
Hi , I am looking for a "shell" command line to create a new outlook mail message and attach to it multiple attachments. I can do it only with a single attachment as follows- outloo.exe "attachment_file_name" Bu as I said I need to create mutiple attachments on same email message. Thanks DVKS ...

How to create a formula with multiple contraints and answers
Please help! :) I need a formula that basically says this: If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8 equals 75% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8 equals 85% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8 equals 100% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140% Any help would be appreciated! One way: =IF(C7>=125%,140%,IF(C7>=100%,100%,IF(C7>=90%,85%,IF(C7>=80%,75%,0)))) Regards Trevor "torky1" <torky1@...

CANNOT PROTECT
Trying to password and read only protect a Microsoft Word docuement that is embedded in Excel. When I open the "protected" document, the read-only prompt does not appear...and I can still make changes and close the docuement. HELP! Try this: create the document directly in word, protect it and save it to disk. Then copy the text you want and past it special as an OLE object in excel Peter ...

Spreadsheet password protection
How do you password protect a spreadsheet. I can't find anything in the help section. You can prevent un authorised access by giving a password to open the workbook itself, so that no one else can open it (Go to Tools, Options and then Security Tab). You can do it there if you have already saved the file, or you can go to "save as" then "Tools" and "General Options" where you can give password. On the other hand you can protect work sheets and ranges for different people by using "Tools" and then "Protection" Tab -- M Imran Buha...

How to protect cells?
I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on the same sheet, also protect a range of cells (E2:E24) from everyone but me. Is this possible? Thanks. Mark, Please don't multipost. See the thread in .programming. John "Mark F." <m7829@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FSzQb.10797$6o4.894@fe2.texas.rr.com... > I would like to protect a range of cells (A2:D24) with a password for a > group of users that would make changes to cells in this range. Then on > the same she...

quick copy worksheet into other sheets in same workbook
I am wanting to copy a worksheet that is set up to show student results, targets and achievements into approximately 150 other worksheets in the same workbook. Is there a quick way of doing this other than copying and pasting? I want formats, colours and column widths etc to stay the same. In other words I want to produce about 150 identical copies of my layout as quickly as possible with the minimum of effort. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered Right-click on the worksheet tab and select "Move or Copy", then use the dialog box that appear...

Password protected sheet access
I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. How do I access this sheet? Ps: the "read only" option is not available. Thanks, Rivane. Hi Rivane Is this the password for opening the file, or the one for unlocking locked cells in the already open sheet ? Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only please. "Rivane Cardim" <rivane.cardim@exxonmobil.com> wrote in message news:0a8801c35dae$a03275a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spreadsheet protected with a unknown password. > How do I access this sheet? > > Ps: the "read only...

How do I pass series data x-value range to a chart from a cell?
I have a series on a line chart (x-values "=Sheet1!$A$1:$A$10"). I also have two worksheet cells (B1 & B2) that contain the start and end date for the x-axis of the chart. I want to be able to link the chart series data to the start and end date values so that the chart automatically adjusts when I change the dates in the worksheet cells. I can create a string or address for the x-values but how do I do not know how to pass this to the chart series?? I know I can do this using a macro, but I want to do it without macros so that friends who use MicrosoftCharts (the cheap, n...

multiple validations on a table
Hi, How do I set multiple validations on a table? I know how to set one. Do I need to use VBA code to do this or is there a simple way? Thanks in advance for your help. L. Drolette On Fri, 8 Feb 2008 12:55:01 -0800, drolette <drolette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >How do I set multiple validations on a table? I know how to set one. Do I >need to use VBA code to do this or is there a simple way? > >Thanks in advance for your help. >L. Drolette A Table Validation rule needs to be a logical expression - which can involve multiple AND and OR clause...

excel data recovery
PLEASE help! I had entered data and upon trying to sort the date column it rearranged my data. I desparately need to get it back to its format before I sorted. Is there a way to do this? Thank you! -- pasdtb "=?Utf-8?B?ZHRiMDU=?=" <dtb05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:8F1C203D-B24E-47EE-A46F-700781F9B595@microsoft.com: > PLEASE help! I had entered data and upon trying to sort the date > column it rearranged my data. I desparately need to get it back to its > format before I sorted. Is there a way to do this? Thank you! Yes, Edit/Undo! Or first make a ...

can't rename a sheet
Hi, I got the following error when I tried to rename a sheet (chart) back to it� s original name: �Cannot rename a sheet to the same name as another sheet, a referenced object library or a workbook referenced by Visual Basic� Here�s what happened: I initially created a sheet named �mychart� I made another sheet �mychart(2)� by copying �mychart�, and deleted �mychart�. I found out �mychart� was still referenced in VBAProject as �chart4(mychart)�, even the sheet was deleted. And I couldn�t delete �chart4(mychart)� in VBA Project Explorer. Any way to fix it? Thanks a lot. I'm not sur...