Protect Sheet not allowing insert or delete rows. VBA buttons not solving problem ?

I created a spreadsheet, and I used protection-->protect worksheet to
prevent users from deleting
the heading section that exists above the rows that follow. I also put
a password in. I want the user to be able to
insert or delete rows below the headings where they enter data, but
this is being prevented by Excel
since I set protect worksheet with a password.

If I set protect worksheet without using a password, it works great.
I coded 2-buttons for insert and delete
in hopes of getting around this problem. But the password pops up when
I hit a button attempting to insert
or delete.  By the way, the heading section also contains calculated
cells that sum the columns. How do I protect the worksheet headings
area with password protection, and allow the user the ability to enter
data, and insert or delete rows below the headings
0
codepug (8)
3/30/2009 10:51:53 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Oh. I must use, and am using excel 2000 for the project !

Thanks
0
codepug (8)

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

File opening problem over network
I have what seems to be a strange excel file opening issue that I can't pinpoint and I would greatly appreciate any ideas to try for this problem. We have a network computer running windows 98 SE. On this computer there are many .xls files stored for users to access. Often when opening the files users get an error that reads: Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory or disk pace. -To make more memory available, close workbooks or programs you no longer need. -To free disk space, delete files you no longer need from the disk yo...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

<HELP> Excel has too many issues (VBA) <HELP>
I have a list of questions that i need clarification on. If anyone has answers to any of these, a reply would be of great help. All the question are related to VBA. 1. How do i access previous values of a cell when detecting a change? 2. How can i access applications undo history? 3. In Worksheet_change how can i get the list of cells that have changed due to calculations? 4. How do i detect that weather a cell has a formula or not? 5. In a worksheet, how can i come to know what is the location of the cell that defines the size of the data matrix? 6. How can i get the user action of insert/de...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

can't unhide rows?
using excel 2000. have several rows hiden and need to unhide but format rows unhide wont when I highlight cells above and below hidden range. Can unhide 1 by 1 but should be able to unhide all. "JIM" <JHemphill@metrointernational.ca> wrote in message news:<0c9201c36ca8$cfc14040$a601280a@phx.gbl>... > using excel 2000. > have several rows hiden and need to unhide but format rows > unhide wont when I highlight cells above and below hidden > range. Can unhide 1 by 1 but should be able to unhide all. The rows may not be hidden, the rows are probably re...

Weird Installation Problem
I bought Money 2005 last February and used it just fine, on my home computer and my work laptop, up until about 2 weeks ago when I downloaded the trial version of 2006 on my home computer. (I left the 2005 version on my work laptop). I decided to purchase the full version and I upgraded, first my laptop. This went fine. Now, on my home computer, I had the 2005 version and 2006 trial running simultaneously. I then tried to run the 2006 install and it told me that the version I was installing was older than the version I currently had on my computer. So, I uninstalled the 2006 trial...

Convert from RBS to VBA
I have scripts written in reflection basic and I am having to upgrade to Visual Basic for Applications. I'm wondering if there is a simiple way to convert already created scipts from RBS to VBA. Help, I don't want to rewrite them all. I am using version 13 of Reflections programming. -- Grammie You may want to post this message in a Microsoft community that focuses on VBA. This community is for Dynamics GP. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Grammie" wrote: > I have scripts written in reflection basic and I am having to upgrade to > Visual Basic for Applications. I...

VBA: Export Graph to .GIF
I've written the code to export an Excel chart to .GIF file. But I then want that .GIF file to open. What would the code for that be? Currently I can open my .GIF file with Microsoft Photo Editor. Another option would be to have the .GIF file automatically be inserted into PowerPoint - then have the PowerPoint automatically open. Any ideas on this? Thank you. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software!http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** Hi have a look at the Shell method in the VBA help. Use this to start you...

Does deleting a profile delete personal folders also?
Does deleting a profile delete personal folders also? Anjali wrote: > Does deleting a profile delete personal folders also? Only if you tell it to. It will ask whether you want to save the personal folders. (Or it certainly /used/to!) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk No. Deleting a mail profile deletes only settings, not data.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Powe...

Insert a graphic in a cell
I'd like to be able to enbed a logo in a cell. Not possible. Graphic objects reside on the drawing layer "above" the cells. Cells can contain formulae or values only. Workaround. Insert your graphic, and size it so that it exactly covers the cell. Right-click it, choosing Format Picture. In the Properties tab of the Format Picture dialog, choose the Move and Size with cells radio button. In article <F253C07B-E71A-445E-B612-0189187A09D9@microsoft.com>, Pete_Escher fan <Pete_Escher fan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to be able to enbed a...

Re: Specification sheet
Dear Aladdin I have had another look at selecting the various specification items via check boxes, and the best way to go about this is by using user-forms. The down side to this is the fact that there will be a certain amount of coding that will need to be done in order to get the form working in conjunction with the contractors works order. But by no means impossible. If you do not feel confident in doing it yourself, I am sure that there are a number of IT contractors in your area who would be willing to help. Another alternative, and possibly not viable for you, is to use a data...

Problems with SMTP Virtual Server
Hi, We have moved our Exchange 2000 server across to new hardware. We reinstalled Windows 2000, promoted it to a DC and installed Exchange 2000 server. All the services start up fine and we can mount our private and public stores. We cannot, however, start the Virtual SMTP server and therefore cannot send and receive emails. We have applied the latest service pack too. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Greg Greg, I assume you verified the Simple Mail Transport Protocol service is started? What error do you get when you try to start the SMTP Virtual Server? Is there another applicatio...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

Problem using axis 1.1 as client
Hi all, I am having a problem trying to consume a webservice that is developed on ..Net. I can access it without any problem using a .net client, but when I use a java client (based on Axis 1.1), some methods work, some don't. The error message I got is "org.apache.axis.types.URI$MalformedURIException: No scheme found in URI..." Anyone experienced similar problem before? Any help is appreciated... Thanks in advance. Jacky AXIS to AXIS? whoops~ ! wrong group. maybe try the AXIS users mail list. http://ws.apache.org/axis/mail.html -D "Jacky Zhu" <jack...

I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form
Good afternoon, I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so my references would look like this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do this quickly so I dont have to go in and manual...

Problem with 'Recently Added' in WMP 11
Hi, The recently added tool has always been pretty buggy but it was still very handy. I recently changed my HDD (cloned my old one) and now I am finding the recently added section always remains empty even when I get a brand new song. Don't know whats happening, I have cloned my HDD before and it was fine so am really stumped. Any thoughts? Thanks According to http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html : "If you're using a non-US locale format for your Date, the Recently Added feature won't work right (it likely won't show any content). Either go to the Regional a...

Deleting Parts of Cells
I have a list of information in a column. All the information has the format of having numbers and letters then a / and more data. I only want to look at the data to the left of the /. So, I would like the data to the right of the / deleted, including the /. For example, I need YYY9/5 to read YYY9. Any suggestions? You could bring it into Excel as a txt file open the txt file in excel Text Import Wizard will appear select >delimited check > other and type the "/" into the box finish you should have a separation where the / was. "GOL" wrote: >...

Rule to Delete Message and then Remove it from Deleted Items?
Is it possible to make a rule to do the above? I tried using the "Permanently Delete" tinking maybe it was just a combination but it didn't work. I leave email on the server so doing it in two steps is the only way to remove it from the mail server. I have the rule to delete it but that puts it in the deleted items folder, how can I also (in the same rule) have it then remove it from there so it deletes it from the mail server? Thanks. ...

"Cannot shift objects off sheet"
I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I fix this? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cannot+shift+objects+off+sheet http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2009/03/16/cannot-shift-objects-off-sheet-in-excel-2007/ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211769 "Vickie" <Vickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A28B3A-CE1C-4130-AA70-D0FFF300A319@microsoft.com... >I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message > "Cannot shift objects off sheet&quo...

Sorting Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. The main sheet has 2 columns, 1 for first name, 1 for last name. The remaining sheets all have formulas to pull the first and last names automatically from the 1st sheet. If a user sorts the names on the first sheet, they will sort on subsequent sheets, but the information that goes with those names on subsequent sheets will not be included in the sort, thereby misplacing information. Is there anyway to remedy this, short of sorting each sheet each time there is an addition to any one sheet? ...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

URGENT--View of deleted records in a related Entity
Dear All, I am facing a problem in a custom entity which is having a many to one relationship with system entity'Contacts'. Due to the relationship i have a lookup in custom entity from the system entity 'Contacts' using which user can choose the contact that which he or she wants to associate with that particular record of custom enity. Problem is when i delete the record of that particulat contact in entity 'Conatcts' the form of the custom entity still shows the name of that particular 'Contact' ( which is been deleted). It is creating a lot of proble...

Recover deleted transactions
Hello, I deleted a number of transactions from my account and would like to recover them. Is there a setting that I can do to re download those transactions during synchronization? Regards, Omar In microsoft.public.money, Omar Khorshed wrote: > >I deleted a number of transactions from my account and would like to recover >them. Is there a setting that I can do to re download those transactions >during synchronization? File->Restore is good. There may be ways that would work in some instances, but File->Restore should work easily across the board for those with a sui...