Protect sheet Excel 2007

When I protect a sheet in Excel 2007 I can't then allow users to edit
objects. Am I doing something wrong? Works fine in 2003

0
teepee (46)
3/30/2007 8:54:36 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

With the sheet unprotected, right click the edge of the shape and select
"Size and Properties".  On the Properties tab uncheck "Locked".

--
Jim
"teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message
> When I protect a sheet in Excel 2007 I can't then allow users to edit
> objects. Am I doing something wrong? Works fine in 2003

0
jrrech (1933)
3/30/2007 9:54:50 PM
"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
With the sheet unprotected, right click the edge of the shape and select
"Size and Properties".  On the Properties tab uncheck "Locked".

I can't get that option up. The object in question is a graph by the way.

0
teepee (46)
3/30/2007 10:02:23 PM
"Jim Rech" <jrrech@hotmail.com> wrote in message
With the sheet unprotected, right click the edge of the shape and select
"Size and Properties".  On the Properties tab uncheck "Locked".

OK found it and did that. Made no difference.

0
teepee (46)
3/30/2007 10:10:02 PM
Teepee

How about Review Tab>Changes Group>Allow Users to Edit Ranges. In the
resulting dialog, click on Protect Sheet... and check Edit Objects

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"teepee" <teepee@noemail.com> wrote in message
> When I protect a sheet in Excel 2007 I can't then allow users to edit
> objects. Am I doing something wrong? Works fine in 2003

"Nick Hodge" wrote

How about Review Tab>Changes Group>Allow Users to Edit Ranges. In the
resulting dialog, click on Protect Sheet... and check Edit Objects

Nope same problem.

0
teepee (46)
3/31/2007 9:43:15 AM
teepee

You seem to have broken up the thread, you issue appears to be with VBA. See
my answer in other thread, In the UI this feature still works.  At least if
my understanding and testing are in line with yours

--
web: www.nickhodge.co.uk
blog: www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/

> "Nick Hodge" wrote
>
> How about Review Tab>Changes Group>Allow Users to Edit Ranges. In the
> resulting dialog, click on Protect Sheet... and check Edit Objects
>
> Nope same problem.

"Nick Hodge"  wrote

You seem to have broken up the thread, you issue appears to be with VBA. See
my answer in other thread, In the UI this feature still works.  At least if
my understanding and testing are in line with yours

Apologies - I'll stick to this thread. Yes it is the VBA function that
doesn't work. I hadn't realised it was still working on the UI so I didn't
mention that.

0
teepee (46)

protecting outlined data
I want to be able to use the expand/collapse function in outlines when the worksheet is protected. Copy this macro in a normal module It will run automatic when you open the workbook You can also use the workbook open event Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="rbelecki", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True End With End Sub Look in the VBA help for more information about protect(userinterfaceonly) -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "rbelecki" <rbelecki@l...

Password Protect Outlook #2
I work in an offcie environment and sometimes have to leave my PC unattended for just a few minutes. Unfortunately some confidential emails have been read by my staff and I need a way of safeguarding them other than turning off the PC, is there any way I can password protect access into my Outlook 2000, so all I do is close Outlook. (Sorry still operating under W95) Many thanks You can set a password on a Personal Folders File. If the folder list isn't visible in Outlook, click View | Folder List. Right-click the root folder (usually "Personal Folders" or "Outlook T...

Outlook 2007 locks up / freezes frequently
Sadly, as of Jan 2010, this issue persists with Outlook 2007. In my opinion, the issue is most noticeable when (1) opening an email received from someone-@-AOL.com or (2) opening an email that contains resources located on the internet (graphics). I tried disabling all non-Microsoft add-ins from the Trust Center, as one post suggested (http://social.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/tabspace/thread/a7fac3ef-6e09-43ca-bc2b-00b37d639c6a/) but doing so did not provide a remedy to the issue on my WinXP Pro system. Regardless, here are the steps I took: Outlook > Tools > Trust ...

Excel dates to days
Is it possible to get Excel to display the day of the week based on a date? Thanks right click>format>custom format>type d ddd dddd -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "cbart" <cbart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB6194C3-4BA1-437D-9BEB-0615FC0DAB22@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to get Excel to display the day of the week based on a date? > > Thanks ...

Quicken Password protected
I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my data from Quicken and the program says there is a password for my quicken account that is required, but I never had a password. No way to get past this. Any ideas? If your data file is Q04, Money04 can only deal with Q03 or older. Otherwise, who knows? "Stephen Weiss" <stephenaweiss@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012f01c3cb22$9a957ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I just got Money 2004 Deluxe, I am trying to import my > data from Quicken and the program says there is a password > for my quicken account that is req...

Re: Specification sheet
Dear Aladdin I have had another look at selecting the various specification items via check boxes, and the best way to go about this is by using user-forms. The down side to this is the fact that there will be a certain amount of coding that will need to be done in order to get the form working in conjunction with the contractors works order. But by no means impossible. If you do not feel confident in doing it yourself, I am sure that there are a number of IT contractors in your area who would be willing to help. Another alternative, and possibly not viable for you, is to use a data...

wheel mouse changes from XP and 2003 to 2007
I've got a form used for data entry in a database. Users with XP, 2003, and 2007 all use the database and the form in question. The users in XP and 2003 are able to use the wheel mouse to scroll between records. For some reason, in 2007 this is no longer an option. Is there a setting somewhere in 2007 of which I'm not yet aware? Do I need to write code to enable the wheel-mouse-scrolling? Is there a way to do this so it won't impact XP and 2003 (ie won't get rid of the scrolling functionality that is defaulted in 2003 and XP)? Thanks! In Access 2007, you have to u...

Excel Issues
I have several issues: 1. I want to sort w/o using the sort function because I want to keep the specific formatting of the cell ( I want the cell to move with the data, with sort the data only moves and the cells stay the same) . I want to have a function where the selected data will automatically be sorted so that it moves to the top of the worksheet and the unselected data either moves below it (in a list that can be deleted)or becomes hidden when printing. e.g. x A B C x D becomes... x A x D B C 2. I want to create a check mark function so that the user can check mark the item...

Please Please Help Me New To Excel
okay i'll do my best to ask this question. I have this spread sheet I've beentrying to figure out It has the number 5 in I6, then in J6 the formula =I6/10*21 This spread sheet is to show us the current number of sales we have now and based on todays date what we are on pace to hit by the end of the month(Octobers projected sales finish) So, what I want to know is why does it say 10*21. I know that the "21" stands for the number of business days in the month (21 days in October), but what does the 10 represent??? I looked at another spread sheet from last month, ...

How to protect 2. axis in an Excel Chart to stay if data changes
A Pivot table is created on Tab1 in an Excel workbook. On Tab2 there is a Line Chart created with data from Tab 1 using 2 axis. If data in Tab1 change the 2nd axis on Tab 2 disappears, jumps ober and overrules axis 1. How can I protect chart area with 2 axis being able to change referring data in the pivot table. ...

Password protection on split database
I have a database which is split into front end and back end. The front end is password protected but the backend isn't Is it possible to protect both with the same password? I've tried protecting the backend with a password but when I open the front end it can't "see" the backend. Any ideas? Thanks Tony Put a password on the backend, then, after opening the front-end, use the Linked Table Manager to update the links (just like you would if you had moved the backend). You should be prompted for the 'missing' password during this process. You should only...

Word 2007 Envelope Issue
When trying to print an envelope from a letter that I compsed, I click the Mailings tab then the Envelope icon. The name and address from the letter no longer displays in the Envelope field since I had Office 2007 installed. Can you tell me why and is there a fix for this? ...

Excell conditional formatting
How do I make cell contents flash when they are outside a given value? If you're kind to your users, you don't. Flashing cells are the spawn of the devil. However, if you insist, I suppose you could find out how by searching the archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?q=group:*excel* In article <39F93F7C-882D-4A33-82AF-65F1A80B596B@microsoft.com>, "tab1701" <tab1701@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I make cell contents flash when they are outside a given value? ...

washout of clipart in Excel 2007 / send back clipart behind text
The instructions to apply washout to a graphic clip in Office 2007 did not work. The instructions given did not match the options shown in Excel 2007. I was trying to "send back" a graphic (clipart) behind text in an Excel cell, but could not find any way to do this as the "send to back" was always 'greyed-out' and not available. I searched the Help but could not find anything that helped. I searched the Communities but nothing relevant was returned deom my "send back" question. Can you please direct me to, or give me instructions to, how I ...

Column headings in Excel showing up as numbers, not letters
I think I accidentally hit a wrong key at the wrong time - and all of a sudden, my column heading labels in Excel are showing as numbers (i.e. 1,2,3, etc.) instead of letters (i.e. A,B,C, etc.) - can anyone tell me how to recify this. Go to Tools>Options>General and uncheck the box marked R1C1 Reference Style. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dickster" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c41701c3ed97$921eea10$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I...

I Need to change reference sheet for all cells on a form
Good afternoon, I am copying a spreadsheet to make summary sheet and I need to change which sheet the cells are referncing on my copy. Some of the cells refer to for example, =PRIOR YEAR!B3, some of the cells use a command to Round(PRIOR YEAR!B3/100), I would like to change all the references that currently refer to "PRIOR YEAR" sheet and make them "CURRENT YEAR" sheet, so my references would look like this =CURRENT YEAR!B3 and Round(CURRENT YEAR!B3/100). I am curious if a paste special, or shortcut exists that can do this quickly so I dont have to go in and manual...

Word 2007 macros won't work in document saved from template
Hello Am I doing something wrong? I have macros disabled with notification turned on, this works fine in a dot file with macros: warning when opening the template, user clicks on enable macros and all is fine. When opening a document created from the template, the macros don't work: nor does the notification message appear, only a msgbox warning when a macro is triggered "macros in this project have been disabled, refer to online documentation or help etc etc etc" How do I get the macros in the "doc" file to work the same way as when it was created from t...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

"Cannot shift objects off sheet"
I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message "Cannot shift objects off sheet". How do I fix this? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Cannot+shift+objects+off+sheet http://blog.contextures.com/archives/2009/03/16/cannot-shift-objects-off-sheet-in-excel-2007/ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211769 "Vickie" <Vickie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:54A28B3A-CE1C-4130-AA70-D0FFF300A319@microsoft.com... >I am new to Excel 2007. When I try to add rows/columns I get the message > "Cannot shift objects off sheet&quo...

Sorting Multiple Sheets
I have a workbook with multiple sheets. The main sheet has 2 columns, 1 for first name, 1 for last name. The remaining sheets all have formulas to pull the first and last names automatically from the 1st sheet. If a user sorts the names on the first sheet, they will sort on subsequent sheets, but the information that goes with those names on subsequent sheets will not be included in the sort, thereby misplacing information. Is there anyway to remedy this, short of sorting each sheet each time there is an addition to any one sheet? ...

Excel 2007 'Trail"
I have just downloaded a '60 day Trial' for Office 2007. All seemed ok until I opened Excel and it will not let me do anything...at all. Any suggestions? Did you Activate it? KLong wrote: > I have just downloaded a '60 day Trial' for Office 2007. All seemed ok until > I opened Excel and it will not let me do anything...at all. Any suggestions? ...

I am trying to import the XML schema at http://gdmxml.fugal.net/gdmxml.xsd into Access 2007. But I am getting strange results. Only 1 table (assertion) with a single column gets created. Can anyone point me to more info on importing XML into Access 2007? -- Dennis ...

How can I save an graph as an Excel chart with Excel 2007?
I had created a program in Visual Basic that Excel macros. One of the facilities was to embed a plot (Excel chart) in my application. To do it, the code saved the chart as a Microsoft Excel chart 4.0. With Excel97 (version 8.0e) this file had the extension *.xlc and was easily to load in Visual Basic. With Excel 2007 (version 12.0) It seems that it is no longer possible to save the chart alone as a Microsoft Excel chart. How can I extract a chart plotted within Excel2007 to import it in an external application (e.g. Visual Basic), possibly with a dynamic link? ...

Protection
Hi everyone OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there a way that I can put a password for my profile on Microsoft outlook so that no one can read the new AND the old messages found in my inbox? You can put a password on your PST file, presuming you use a PST file... Emad Kamel wrote: > Hi everyone, > OK my problem is I am using an offie computer that everyone has > access to and we cannot - and do not want to - change this. Is there > a way that I can put a password for my profile on Micr...

Lock Column in Excel 2000
I have a non-Microsoft program that exports data into Microsoft Excel 2000. I have it setup so after the data is exported into Excel, I insert a column. In the new column, I put a function (for the same of example, Let's say it is in column 'c', starting in row '5', =a5*b5. There are many columns of Data after column c. Is there any way to setup up a template Excel file, so that column c in Excel is "locked" (or whatever the term for this is), so the data is exported to columns 'a', then 'b', then skips c, then the next column is 'd', then...