Problems with small numbers in Query and in XL pivot table

Hi,
I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table:
I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver.
I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth decimal
place.

Ratio
0.000118019
0.0000012
0.0000014
0.0000028
0.000001488

But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero.
How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot Table
?

TIA

Leon

0
LeonNoel (5)
4/10/2006 9:28:44 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Works by me. No data loss.

HTH
--
AP

"Leon Noel" <LeonNoel@LeonNoel.kz> a �crit dans le message de
> Hi,
> I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table:
> I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver.
> I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth
decimal
> place.
>
> Ratio
> 0.000118019
> 0.0000012
> 0.0000014
> 0.0000028
> 0.000001488
>
> But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero.
> How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot
Table
> ?
>
> TIA
>
> Leon

0
ardus.petus (319)
4/10/2006 10:01:38 AM
The problem has disappeared now that I have formatted the numbers witha
fixed size.
As you can see in the original example some of the numbers are longer than
others.
Apparently MS Query needs them all to be the same length.
Now that they all have 9 digits after the decimal, with trailing zeroes
wherever needed, Query and XL are much better behaved.
Nothing like a bit of discipline, What ??!!

Leon

"Leon Noel" <LeonNoel@LeonNoel.kz> a �crit dans le message de news:
443a2551$0$21291$8fcfb975@news.wanadoo.fr...
> Hi,
> I have some CSV data that I want to use in a Pivot Table:
> I'm accessing the data from XL through MS Query using the MS text driver.
> I have a field named 'Ratio' with significant digits up to the ninth
> decimal place.
>
> Ratio
> 0.000118019
> 0.0000012
> 0.0000014
> 0.0000028
> 0.000001488
>
> But, ... in Query and in Excel, everything is showing up as zero.
> How can I get the correct number to display and calculate in the Pivot
> Table ?
>
> TIA
>
> Leon

0
LeonNoel (5)

Outlook 2003 PST problems

EFT remit numbers on an edit list
When printing a check batch that accidentally includes an EFT payment, the user does not have the capability to verify it when printing the edit list as the Remitxxxxx number only appears if you post the batch. The kb article: Payables EFT Option for Printing Remittances Now or Later (851283), says it was entered as a quality report (32944) and development turned it into a suggestion. However, the suggestion does not seem to exist here so I am re-submitting it as this feature has not yet been updated. The suggestion is to automatically assign the REMITXXXXX number to all EFT payments r...

Problem shortcuts in Word

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

consective numbering
I use an excel spreadsheet to do monthly invoicing and would like to be able to consectively have a invoice number each time I prepare a new invoice. Is this possible in excel? See this: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/sequentialnums.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8AE03354-EE7C-4E0C-A86B-0566BB217BA2@microsoft.com... >I use an excel spreadsheet to do monthly invoicing and would like to be >able > to consectively have a invoice number each time I prepare a new invoice. >...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

SQL 2005 patition table
Hi, I have 20 million (5 type record ids -- 2-3gb)records need to be loaded into a table daily. Is it a good idea to have a a patiotion table seperated by reciord type id. 1. It will be faster for retrieval in performance? 2. What is the drawbacks ot have a partitioned table instead of regular table? Thanks, Mecn My opinion is 1) It will be fatser if the user searches on particular typeid , if he/she searches on typedid 1 and 5 then it will 'scan' two partitions 2) You have to have some experience to maintain partitons "Mecn" <mecn@yahoo.com> ...

problem #4

Page Numbering within Sections
I have a Word template document with 3 sections: The first section contains one page which is not numbered. The second section contains 3 pages which are automatically numbered via inserting Page x of y and then converting y to a SECTIONPAGES field resulting in Pages 1 of 4, 2 of 4, and 3 of 4. So all is good up to this point. However, the 4th and final page is in landscape format and thus becomes the third section, but is being numbered 4 of 1 even though the 1 is a SECTIONPAGES field and the section is linked to previous and is listed as "same as previous". ...

help with removing digits from a number
I have a column with 15 digit numbers. I need to remove the last four digits from all of them. Is there a quick way to do this? One way: =ROUND(A1,-4) In article <5009F066-F431-4D2B-9F4E-349635B966E9@microsoft.com>, "frank" <frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a column with 15 digit numbers. I need to remove the last four digits > from all of them. Is there a quick way to do this? Or try: =LEFT(A1,11) note: assumes data is in cell A1 "frank" wrote: > I have a column with 15 digit numbers. I need to remove the last four ...

95 and 97 problem

Changing format of number without changing the value
How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Select the cell & press Ctrl-1 Navigate to the Number tab Select Custom in the left hand panel In the Type edit box enter 0.00"%" Click on OK "sweetsue516" wrote: > How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? > Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Sue, Percentage-formatted cells are based on 1 for 100%. It's only when you key in the percentage that it's converted, for example you key 1.68%, and it...

Date problem

sync problems

Counting the number of emails
Hello Is it possible in versions 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 of Outlook to count the number of emails received/sent without having to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...... Many thanks Steve "SteveH" <SteveH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:761D1DA9-FA02-49FF-B730-C35D71879512@microsoft.com... > Hello > > Is it possible in versions 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003 of Outlook to > count > the number of emails received/sent without having to 1, 2, 3, 4, > 5...... > > Many thanks > > Steve What's wrong with looking down at the left end of the sta...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Pivot Table #56
I am trying to create a Pivot table in Excel, using Microsoft Query linking to SQL database. SQL stores the date as Date/Time. It becomes impossible to group in Excel using Pivot Table, by date/time. I want to create a record in Microsoft query using the date field, but convert to Date only as dd/mm/yyyy and retain the format as Date and not as Text. I have tried Left(Date,11) and Convert(VARCHAR,1,101), none of them work. Could someone help me with the correct syntax. Microsoft query does not recognize MID. Thanks Krish ...

Resource editor problems

Using Checkboxes to add data to a table.
I have been having trouble developing this form for a couple of days. It seems the solution should be simple but so am I. I have an input form with four text boxes. I need to use the same data and create a new line in the table for up to but not always 9 different company positions. I was given a possible way of keeping the info on the form for the next position using the AfterUpdate event and setting the default back to the same box. But in using his suggestion I get #NAME? for the boxes with text when I select the next new record. The boxes with numbers come back the way he said it wo...

Directory Replication Problem #2