Problem with dates after conversion

I converted a large Lotus 123 document into excel, now whatever date I enter
returns a 1/00/00 date, in whatever format I choose..Jan 0 1900..1-0-00 etc.
the correct date is displayed up on the F line but in my sheet is says Jan
zero of the year 1900...It has successfully driven me nuts.
 Help please...
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Go to the Tools menu, choose Options then the Transition tab.
Uncheck "Transition Formula Evaluation" and "Transition Formula
Entry". When Entry is checked, Excel will treat 3/9/2005 not as a
date but as division, and the result is less that zero, hence
when formatted as a date, you get 0-Jan-1900.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"John Kleinbohl" <Eaglesstink@NFL.com> wrote in message
>I converted a large Lotus 123 document into excel, now whatever
>date I enter
> returns a 1/00/00 date, in whatever format I choose..Jan 0
> 1900..1-0-00 etc.
> the correct date is displayed up on the F line but in my sheet
> is says Jan
> zero of the year 1900...It has successfully driven me nuts.
> Help please...

0
chip1 (1821)
3/9/2006 5:44:38 PM
Format one of the date cells as general and then as number, and see
what is shown - can you relate this cell back to what was shown in the
Lotus file?

Post back with some examples.

Pete

0
pashurst (2576)

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

calendar problem

problem #4

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

How to graph 2 stacked colums/date, both over time?
I need to create a stacked column graph which displays two stacked columns, for example the components of actual sales compared to the same components of projected sales over several time periods within the same graph. Does anyone know how to accomplish this? Thanks. Is this what you need? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "LTB @ Miami, OK" <LTBMiamiOK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F55225F-98E8-4F0E-BF25-31BD42...

Directory Replication Problem #2

Year(Date()) not working
Access 2003 Win 2000. SELECT tblCustomerComplaints.DateReceived FROM tblCustomerComplaints WHERE (((tblCustomerComplaints.DateReceived)=Year(Date()))); The Year(Date)) isn't returning the current year as I *think* it should. It returns NULL. Can anyone please point out what I'm doing wrong? Thanks! Given the name of the field ([DateReceived]), is it reasonable to assume that the value is a date/time value? If so, why are you comparing it to the Year-value of today's date (i.e., Year(Date()))? (?are you trying to test the value in [DateReceived] to see if ...

Cell Format

outlook web access redirect problem

Formatting cells to show two dates in one cell
I have a column in my spreadsheet that is for the date that I recieve info from clients. When I recieve this info on more than one date, I've been putting a comma between the two dates. I have a word document that I use merge to pull this information (along with other info), but when I pull the data from this particular column, it changes the dates to something like 12:00AM. I've tried changing the formatting of this column to text and also to general, but it still will not give me just the two dates. I don't want to create another column for the second dat...

Function "Workingdays" query error date
I am trying to calculate the number of days, excluding weekends, between two dates. I am using the "workingdays" VBA code. I have pasted the code in a module, naming it "mdlWorkingdays". The code is listed below along with a sample of the data. "mdlWorkingdays" Option Compare Database '*********** Code Start ************** Public Function Workingdays(Start_Date As Date, End_Date As Date) As Integer '.................................................................... ' Name: WorkingDays ' Inputs: StartDate As Date ' EndDate As Da...

Problem after sorting

IF AND problem

Problem SHAppBarMessage
Hi, I am creating an application bar which shall be displayed always at the top of the screen to show the user certain alerts. I am using the commands SHAppBarMessage(ABM_NEW, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_QUERYPOS, &abd); SHAppBarMessage(ABM_SETPOS, &abd); SetWindowPos(NULL, abd.rc.left, abd.rc.top, abd.rc.right - abd.rc.left, iClientHeight, SWP_NOACTIVATE); Works fine. The problem begins, when I start moving the taskbar. I am catching the event OnSettingChange and my application bar is resizing/moving correctly. BUT: If the taskbar moves to the top and my application bar ...