Problem Changing Cell Formating

I have "inherited" a workbook used to generate budget documents. As
part of the book, there are several sheets that contain the formatted
"form" which includes boxes or borders around certain cells. My
problem is I cannot change the format of these cells using the
"Format:Cells" menu or the Ctrl+1 shortcut. I can however copy a
format to these cells to change them. Unfortunately, if I happen to
copy something to the cell that is "detrimental" to my formatting I
play the devil getting the formatting corrected. Another twist is I can
change all of the formatting using toolbar functions, except for the
bordering. The only way I can change the bordering is to copy another
border format to the cell. I have discovered that the only cells that I
cannot change are those that either contain a border or "connect" to a
cell that contains a border.

I've looked for conditional formatting, there is no protection on the
cells or the worksheets, I can find nothing that causes this
phenomenon! The only think I somewhat out of the ordinary is that I
believe this workbook was converted from QuartroPro but I have the
workbook in QuartroPro and there is nothing special about it that I can
tell (although I'm do not know much about QuartroPro).

What is "wrong" with my spreadsheet and how do I "correct" it
so I can manipulate the cell formatting?

HELP!

0
SLB1954 (3)
4/26/2006 11:38:51 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

Problem with Authentication

How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003?
How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? That need some explaining. Excel genially goes use variables but rather uses cell references. Cells can be given names (such as x) but it is not required. Tell use more about what you wish to accomplish best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Givens" <Givens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4ACE70A4-D4EC-4B79-8552-B7BA11BE9B38@microsoft.com... > How do I assign X = the value of 1 in a cell in Excell 2003? Put a 1 into any cell - let'...

calendar problem

change a reference variable
Hi, After the following statements, can I change i to be a reference to k? Thanks. Tony int j, k; ... int& i = j; // make i to be a reference to j >After the following statements, can I change i to be a reference to k? Yes. int j, k; j = 0; k = 1; int& i = j; // i now refers to j (0) i = k; // i now refers to k (1) Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >>After the following statements, can I change i to be a reference to k? > >Yes. What am I talking about? A reference can't be changed - only initialised. Scrub my stupid last reply. Dave -- ...

Still need help
Here's my last dialogue. I'm still unable to clear a cell upon Close Thanks FSt1 ! I'm a novice and need further clarification. The subroutine did not run as I received the Macro Disabled message. I clicked OK, and next time I opened the workbook, I didn't get the Macro Warning, but the subroutine apparently didn't run as the chosen cells were not blank. I don't want people who use my workbook to have to deal with macro warnings. Is this something that must be set on each user's computer, or can I set it in my workbook so the subroutine automati...

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

problem #4

Need to change Autofilters behaviour in Excel 2003
Hello, Does anybody knows how to change the color of the triangle arrow on the column titles of autofilter ranges? Presently, when a filter is put on one column, the arrow for this column is changed from black to very dark blue. I need to change this color, so that this becomes more visible. At our office, my boss cannot make any difference between these two colors. This is a problem for daily work. Thanks in advance for any help. Bertrand from Tokyo, Japan see response to your earlier posting -- Regards Roger Govier Bertrand wrote: > Hello, > > Does any...

95 and 97 problem

Changing format of number without changing the value
How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Select the cell & press Ctrl-1 Navigate to the Number tab Select Custom in the left hand panel In the Type edit box enter 0.00"%" Click on OK "sweetsue516" wrote: > How do I add the % sign to a existing number without changing the value? > Example: 1.68 should show 1.68% not 168? Sue, Percentage-formatted cells are based on 1 for 100%. It's only when you key in the percentage that it's converted, for example you key 1.68%, and it...

Date problem

sync problems

lowest Digit Cell...
hello what's the formula to use when i have 20 cells with digits & i want to get the lowest digit on those 20 cells, in a different cell ? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ i ment like If A1 is 8.02 A2 is 8.24 A3 is 9.79 A4 is 7.09 A5 is 7.15 & Cell C1 suppose to Show 7.09 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: C1: =MIN(A1:A5) In article <Pivotrend.ysouy@excelforum-nospam.com>, Pivotrend <Pivotrend.ysouy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > i ment like If > > A1 is 8.02 > A2 is 8.24 > A3 is 9.79 > ...

change chart print size
I cannot change the size of the printed chart in office 2007. In 2003 it was done using un selecting the "fit to page" button. In 2007 I have a "scale to 100%" but disabled... Thanks Hi, When you say you are clicking the Fit to Page button do you mean the Option button on the first sheet of the Page Setup dialog box? If so this option is still available in 2007. Set the print range and then choose the Page Layout tab. Open the Width dropdown or the Height dropdown and choose the number of pages. If this is not enough there is a little dialog box launcher at the b...

custom format & saving
Is there a way to save this format type so I can use it in another workbook? The custom format only stays in the workbook it was created in. Also, how do I create a format for something like 12-34-5F or 12-34-56? 00-00-00 works if all digits but won't work in the first example. @@-@@-@@ just repeats everything nor does @-@-@ work. Thanks! Unfortunately, I think the best way for you to do this is to enter it as text. (put a hyphen before your entry) "kdw" wrote: > Is there a way to save this format type so I can use it in another workbook? > The custom format onl...

Office 2007 - HELP

Installation Problem!!

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2