probelm with a loop

hi,
I've got a problem with a loop: sometimes it gives me
wrong results.
My code follows:

For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count

If i <= 5 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
ElseIf i = 6 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
ElseIf i = 10 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
ElseIf i = 11 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
ElseIf i = 12 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
Else
ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
End If

Next i

for value  between 2 and 9 (involved), it selects the correct range;
from 10 to the end I've got problems
for example, when i = 10, loop selects range("E57:E67") and not
the correct range("E82:E94").
and this is the same thing when i is equal to 12.

Then I tried to compile a easier code:

If i <= 5 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
ElseIf i = 11 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
Else
ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
End If

But I've got the same problem...
I don't understand where I'm wrong ..
could you help me please ?
Any help very appreciated !

sincerely,
AP98

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

try

For i = 2 to WB.Worksheets.Count
        Select Case i
        Case Is <= 5
            ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
        Case Is = 6
            ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
        Case Is < 10
            ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
        Case Is = 10
            ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
        Case Is = 11
            ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
        Case Is = 12
            ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
        Case Is < 14
            ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
        Case Else
            ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
    End Select

Next i

cheers
JulieD

"asburypark98" <asburypark98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I've got a problem with a loop: sometimes it gives me
> wrong results.
> My code follows:
>
> For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count
>
> If i <= 5 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 6 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf i = 11 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 12 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> Else
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> End If
>
> Next i
>
> for value  between 2 and 9 (involved), it selects the correct range;
> from 10 to the end I've got problems
> for example, when i = 10, loop selects range("E57:E67") and not
> the correct range("E82:E94").
> and this is the same thing when i is equal to 12.
>
> Then I tried to compile a easier code:
>
> If i <= 5 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 11 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> Else
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> End If
>
> But I've got the same problem...
> I don't understand where I'm wrong ..
> could you help me please ?
> Any help very appreciated !
>
> sincerely,
> AP98

0
JulieD1 (2295)
10/12/2004 4:12:46 PM
AP,

Your statement
> ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
Works like this:
6<i evaluates to TRUE, so it's
TRUE<10, which evaluates to TRUE (since TRUE is 1).  So the IF is satisfied,
and it performs the following statement.

Try
Elseif 6<i and i<10 then

--
Earl Kiosterud

"asburypark98" <asburypark98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I've got a problem with a loop: sometimes it gives me
> wrong results.
> My code follows:
>
> For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count
>
> If i <= 5 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 6 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf i = 11 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 12 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> Else
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> End If
>
> Next i
>
> for value  between 2 and 9 (involved), it selects the correct range;
> from 10 to the end I've got problems
> for example, when i = 10, loop selects range("E57:E67") and not
> the correct range("E82:E94").
> and this is the same thing when i is equal to 12.
>
> Then I tried to compile a easier code:
>
> If i <= 5 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 11 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> Else
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> End If
>
> But I've got the same problem...
> I don't understand where I'm wrong ..
> could you help me please ?
> Any help very appreciated !
>
> sincerely,
> AP98

0
nothanks4548 (968)
10/12/2004 4:17:37 PM
> ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select

In your code above, be advised that there is no integer that is greater than
13, and less than 14.
Here's a general idea similar to Julie's.  I'm not sure how you want it set
up, but the idea is to group them if you can.

Dim i As Long
For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count
Select Case i
    Case 6, 10, 12, Is >= 14
    ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
    Case Else
    ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
End Select
Next i

--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"asburypark98" <asburypark98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> I've got a problem with a loop: sometimes it gives me
> wrong results.
> My code follows:
>
> For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count
>
> If i <= 5 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 6 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf i = 11 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 12 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> Else
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> End If
>
> Next i
>
> for value  between 2 and 9 (involved), it selects the correct range;
> from 10 to the end I've got problems
> for example, when i = 10, loop selects range("E57:E67") and not
> the correct range("E82:E94").
> and this is the same thing when i is equal to 12.
>
> Then I tried to compile a easier code:
>
> If i <= 5 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf i = 11 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> Else
> ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> End If
>
> But I've got the same problem...
> I don't understand where I'm wrong ..
> could you help me please ?
> Any help very appreciated !
>
> sincerely,
> AP98

0
delouis (422)
10/12/2004 10:19:09 PM
thanx a lot guys !

"Dana DeLouis" wrote:

> > ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
>
> In your code above, be advised that there is no integer that is greater than
> 13, and less than 14.
> Here's a general idea similar to Julie's.  I'm not sure how you want it set
> up, but the idea is to group them if you can.
>
> Dim i As Long
> For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count
> Select Case i
>     Case 6, 10, 12, Is >= 14
>     ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
>     Case Else
>     ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> End Select
> Next i
>
> --
> Dana DeLouis
> Win XP & Office 2003
>

> "asburypark98" <asburypark98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> > I've got a problem with a loop: sometimes it gives me
> > wrong results.
> > My code follows:
> >
> > For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count
> >
> > If i <= 5 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > ElseIf i = 6 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> > ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > ElseIf i = 10 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> > ElseIf i = 11 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > ElseIf i = 12 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> > ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > Else
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> > End If
> >
> > Next i
> >
> > for value  between 2 and 9 (involved), it selects the correct range;
> > from 10 to the end I've got problems
> > for example, when i = 10, loop selects range("E57:E67") and not
> > the correct range("E82:E94").
> > and this is the same thing when i is equal to 12.
> >
> > Then I tried to compile a easier code:
> >
> > If i <= 5 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > ElseIf i = 11 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select
> > Else
> > ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select
> > End If
> >
> > But I've got the same problem...
> > I don't understand where I'm wrong ..
> > could you help me please ?
> > Any help very appreciated !
> >
> > sincerely,
> > AP98

For each loop
Hi - could anyone help me with a simplification of some code that I have that works ok, but is very onerous, and I'm sure that there must be a better way. I have a report that contains 53 columns; as they are very small, they contain either an 'X' or a 'T'. To make the T symbol stand out I run a routine on the <On Print> event of the Detail section of the form that turns the BackColor to Black and the ForColor to White. Code is as follows: Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, PrintCount As Integer) Dim lngblack As Long, lngwhite As Long lngblack = R...

Windows Update Failure
My automatic updates don't seem to be installing. The update process goes through these updates: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP x86 (KB979909) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982168) Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP x86 (KB982524) Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003, and Windows XP (KB974417)...

Proper Do Loop Construction
I am trying to obtain the product of column A and B and put it into column C(axb=value in column C). There are >100 values in column A and B. I set-up the following but it stops after product(it doesn't loop): Do Until ActiveCell.Offset(0,-2) = "0" ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-2]*RC[-1]" ActiveCell.Offset(1,0).Select Exit Do Loop Obviously I am new to VB and in need of assistance. W98SE,OfficeXP SBE. Thankyou Chas, Get ready to hit yourself in the head! :) You have an Exit Do in your loop, right before it loops. Blew you righ...

Hyperlink probelm
I have a spreadsheet with a couple of worksheets, in one of the worksheets I have a hyperlink to a specific cell in the other worksheet. e.g. Cell A1 in worksheet 1 has a link to cell A2 in worksheet 2 (with the text 'Phone' in it). If I was to insert a row above row 2 in worksheet 2, I still want the link in worksheet 1 to take me to the cell with the text 'Phone' in it (Which is now A3 after I have inserted the row). I realise I can go and change the link manually, but the example above is a simplfied version of my document and inserting a row moves about 30 hyperlinks!!! ...

loop over columns
Hello, How do I write a for loop over columns? e.g. For k= A to AA ... is no working... thx in advanc -- kizzi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kizzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2609 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39420 for k = 1 to 27 or ... with activesheet for k = .range("a1").column to .range("aa1").column ====== If you're using .cells(), then it can accept either letters or numbers for the column: cells(1,3).value = "asdf...

How to reverse order on FOR loop?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reverse the order on FOR loop? For i = 2 To 5 is starting from 2 to 5, but I would like to start from 5 to 2. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Use the Step option... For I = 5 To 2 Step -1 -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B26C2EF1-1170-4181-867C-6F5E265C7AA8@microsoft.com... > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to reverse the order on FOR loop? > For i = 2 To 5 is starting from 2 to 5, but I would like to s...

Archiving Probelms
Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03 Outlook. Mine simply doens;t complete the function though it ryuns klike the previous version. Jerry <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Anyone havinfg diffuiculties archiving wiht the new '03 > Outlook. Mine simply doens;t complete the function > though it ryuns klike the previous version. Are you sure the modification dates (not the received dates) of the items you're expecting to be archived are older than the archive date you've chosen? -- Brian Tillman ...

probelm with a loop
hi, I've got a problem with a loop: sometimes it gives me wrong results. My code follows: For i = 2 To WB.Worksheets.Count If i <= 5 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select ElseIf i = 6 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select ElseIf 6 < i < 10 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select ElseIf i = 10 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select ElseIf i = 11 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:E67").Select ElseIf i = 12 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E82:E94").Select ElseIf 13 < i < 14 Then ActiveSheet.Range("E57:...

Reboot loop
I have an older Systemax here with XP Home Edition (SP3) that keeps rebooting itself whether or not in Normal or Safe Mode. I have the restore CD and can get in to the Recovery Console OK. I ran chkdsk, fixboot, and fixmbr. Those didn't fix it. So I cloned the drive just for good luck and then tried to do a repair install. The install went as far as examining the disk, copying files, and then rebooted... only to go back into the reboot loop. These people use their computer every day and keep their updates up to date so I'm guessing it is NOT related to the MS update that...

probelms with attaching files and saving files
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am using a mac mini running 10.4.11 with an intel processor. office for the Mac 2004 11.5.3 My email is gmail. The problem is this. When I try and attach and attach a word or excel file to an email and sometimes just copying these files to a data memory chip The attachment is saved as (application/octet-stream)43R instead of either a word or excelfile. Then when it it sent and an attempt is made to down load and open the file a dialog box says this is a binary file and sometimes has a mpeg icon and can not be opened ....

Probelms with csv
Hi everyone, i've a little problem. When i open a *.csv file my excel (OfficeXP) use the comma (,) symbol as column separator. As the file are delimited by ; i use the "text to column" to use ; instead of , to separate columns. The real problem comes when i try to save the file! Excel save it with the , as column separator, but i want it to save the file with ; column separator. How can i do? Tnx! Luca P.S. Sorry but i've not found an answer to this question in this forum. Peraphs there is, but i've not found it and i've a long work to end by this evening...

intelligent message filter: automatic update loop
Hi there I have enabled the Intelligent Message filter on an Exchange 2003 SP2 box. Updates are received automatically from Microsoft Update. However, for the past two weeks, I am in a download loop: first the version for 01/05/2006 downloads and I am prompted to install, then when this is done the version for 12/15/2005 downloads and I am prompted to install ... and so it continues indefinitely. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a fix? Best regards Loane Loane This a post from a earlier reply by Tom Gerin: If you're using WSUS for updates, you can manually declin...

Hyperlink probelm
I have a spreadsheet with a couple of worksheets, in one of the worksheets I have a hyperlink to a specific cell in the other worksheet. e.g. Cell A1 in worksheet 1 has a link to cell A2 in worksheet 2 (with the text 'Phone' in it). If I was to insert a row above row 2 in worksheet 2, I still want the link in worksheet 1 to take me to the cell with the text 'Phone' in it (Which is now A3 after I have inserted the row). I realise I can go and change the link manually, but the example above is a simplfied version of my document and inserting a row moves about 30 hyperlinks!!! ...

Probelm with Code !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The specified dimension is not valid for the current chart type" error. I can't get rid of this eror even with 2 "On Error" Statements at the bottome of the code where I suspect the problem to be. Private Sub cmdgetBO_Data_Click() Dim f, ws As Worksheet, Msg Dim BO_Datafile_Name As String, BOReport_lastColumn As String Dim BOReport_lastRow As Integer, BOPos As Integer Dim BOReportWS As Worksheet Dim rngBOReport As Range, c As Range With Application .ScreenUpdating = True .Calculation = xlCalculationManual .DisplayAlerts = False En...

Loop for AfxBeginThread
I want a loop to run in my RUNTIME_CLASS object derived from CWinThread. I can initialize my thread, and I can call portions of my class. But, how do I specify that I want to run a Loop after everything has initialized? I was planning on placing this loop inside the overridden Run method, but the Help says this is rarely done. Should I place my loop somewhere else? That's fine by me, but then how do I call it? If I use PostThreadMessage and having my message handler call the loop function, then the message handler will not return (or process any other messages) until the loop has...

loop till no more data
Hi, How to I fix this so the loop stops when there is no more rows with data on it? The number of rows will change each time the tool is used and I don't want to have to guess every few days as to what number to use. Thanks much. Sub MyLoop For c = 1 to 1500 Call AllocateNew Next c End Sub dim lr as long lr=cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row for c=1 to lr -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "SLP" <SLP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A11E17AD-22C5-4C4E-89ED-61DDA926A995@...

Probelms printing
I'm having a problem printing workbooks in excel xp, the text is not printing in the cell. The first two rows are fine but as the work sheet progresses each row prints slightly higher so that by the end of the worksheet the last row has moved an entire row. When I look at the worksheet in print preview everything is fine and if I send the file to someone else in the office to print it prints fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just excel & then all of office. I'm printing to an HP 5si. Please help! Just a guess... Are you and the other person using th...

query probelms
I am a new access user and haveing problems joining tables into a query. table A is a list of engineering spec numbers and ES_id table B a list of details pertaining to the ES (namem rev, etc) table C is a list of procedures numbers pertaining to a ES. This table can have from 0 to 10 precedures per ES. Table D is a list of details pertaining to the procedures (name, rev etc) Table E is a list of drawing numbers pertaining to a ES. This table can have from 0 to 10 drawings per ES. Table F is a list os details pertainging to each drawing. I have no problems linking table A and B becasue it is...

Probelm with my organization chart
I created a huge organizational chart for my company and now every i right click on one of the managers to show his subordinates it does not do anything !!! i tried to do a re-layout but it said "add organization chart shapes to your drawing" it is not doing any of the organiztion chart properties ... how can i solve it. ... please help ! ...

updating through a loop statement
I'm using a loop to update a table dynamically, meaning that only certain fields will be updated each time the stored procedure that contains the loop. I have noticed that it's taking a lot of time. I have a feeling that it's sending the various update statements to the sql server as quickly as it goes through the loop. Is there a way to pause the loop until each update statement is finished processing? I should add the the update statement is executed via sp_executesql as I have to build the statement with various variables. Hope this made sense scuba79 (sc...

probelm with mnyob99.dll
My OS is WindowsXP Home. Recently I installed Money 2004 Standard but it doesn't run. I get an error msg everytime I try to start Money. It's something like AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mnyob99.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 000dc6e5 I've posted this problem and got one suggestion already but it didn't work. (Thanks, Bonnie!) I'm hoping that I can get more suggestions as to how to resolve this issue. Thanks. Patrick Subject: Re: Can't start Money: Error on file "mnyob99.dll" From: "Bonnie Synhorst - MVP"...

Loop mail through virtual SMTP servers
In order to get the SMTP sink to work on mail sent with a MAPI client, Microsoft recommends that a second virtual SMTP server is implemented. But, the KB article as to how to do this have been removed. I've found the text at the bottom of this message on the Internet, but can't really get it to work. The mails get stuck in an internal loop, and never reaches their destination. The idea is to loop the mails one extra time through another virtual SMTP server on the same machine. Any kind of help would be apprechiated. 1. Create a second instance of the SMTP Virtual Server on yo...

Outlook 2003 Loop Error
Outlook 2003 upgraded from Outlook 2002. running wWindows 2000 with all the latest upgrades. When I try to open Outlook it says it has to close. In safe mode it says it has to close. I have created a new profile to start from scratch and it does the same thing.I have repaired the installation, completely removed it and reinstalled it...same thing. I have removed active snc also...same thing. TIA, need help. ...

Looping Animation
Hello, I am trying to design a powerpoint presentation for work to look like a sky sports style news channel, i have set up text to loop at the top of the presentation, i will also be adding video. In the body of the powerpoint i will be adding news flashes, these are basically a rectangle with pictures and text in, i have created these and grouped everything in them together. the problem comes that i animate say 20 of these to run through. the presentation is about 9 minutes long but i cannot get it to loop and start over again. Can you offer me any help on this. You c...

Probelm ... My huge balance
Hello I have installed money 2004 on my laptop running XP (professional). I entered all the details of direct debits and so on. No, apparently my ending balance is �800,463,748,930,699.83 - which is rather large, and sadly wrong. I have tried repairing the file and uninstalling. All the dates for the direct debits and SO seem to be correct. Any body got any ideas what I need to do. Thanks Edward In microsoft.public.money, Fredie wrote: > >I have installed money 2004 on my laptop running XP (professional). > >I entered all the details of direct debits and so on. No, appare...