Preventing Blank based on another Cell

I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right.  I
have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell
equals a text value (say "S").  Anyone have an idea?  I am stumped at
this seemingly easy task.

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

I forgot to add the valid combinations:
E7 = P and F7 = Entry: OK
E7 = P and F7 = Blank: OK
E7 = S and F7 = Entry: OK
E7 = S and F7 = Blank: INVALID

bluegrassstateworker wrote:
> I would like to validate data but cant quite get the formula right.  I
> have a cell (say F7) that cannot be blank if (say E7) another cell
> equals a text value (say "S").  Anyone have an idea?  I am stumped at
> this seemingly easy task.

Problems moving outlook.pst from one computer to another
Folks, [Please include victor@whyaduck.org in your reply, as my direct access to these newsgroups is limited.] In an attempt to transfer all of my Outlook content from one computer to another, I moved the entire outlook.pst file from one computer to the other, renaming the old outlook.pst on the receiving computer to old-outlook.pst, and storing the new outlook.pst in the same place. Both computers are running Windows XP and Outlook 2002. For the most part this process worked! I have all of my mail folders, settings, etc. on the receiving computer, and I have been able to send and receive...

Video blanking
I have a problem sometimes when i launch outlook 2003 , my video screen goes blank and i have to reset my laptop. what would be causing this problem. I have tried to repair and detect many times and have even reformatted and reinstalled my os xp pro and then outlook 2003 and still having the same problem.. Any help is greatly appreciated and need. thank you for your time Specify blank; you see th eapplication hang, the screen turn off...? What is logged to the Event Viewer? Updated you're videocard driver already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of ...

How do I restore format cells menu?
I am working in Excel 2002, multi-page workbook. On some pages "format cell" is not operational - neither from the toolbar or by right-clicking mouse. Command is there but produces no result. On other pages in the same book all is well. There are no protected pages, and this is happening only in one particular workbook. Have tried reset to no avail. When copy and paste material to properly functioning page problem is carried as well. Any ideas would be muchly appreciated. ...

Removing Blank rows in Pivot Tables
Hi guys. I have created a pivot table, from a range of data which looks like this: Name Subject Subject Subject a result result b result c result result result d result result Hopefully that comes out OK. You can see not everyone has a result for each subject. I want to list each result for each subject they take ONLY. At present, the table supplies each subject, with a value of nil. I just want it to display those they have results for! Hope you can help, Tom. PS The actuall data will be about 300 student...

Help Please. Exchange server trying to replicate to another exchange server that is no longer alive.
I had 1 of 10 exchange servers go out of commision recently. 1 of my exchange servers is still trying to replicate public folders to it. How can I stop this from happening if the server it's trying to replicate to is no longer alive. Exchange Manager wants the other server to be up before I can stop the replication. thanks, comb Hi Combfilter, If the server is Dead and will not be returning to service ever then remove it from the org and the replica list will be cleared up and the current replication traffic will NDR and be delt with by Exchange. If the server is going to be ...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to see
How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop down box for the answer. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DD0016C4-C699-4072-995B-EBD986EEEED7@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down box in Excel for another person to select from. > For example I want someone to give me the answer to a question using the drop > down box for...

how to cell reference a Chart title
I want to reference a cell for chart title so that excel gets it automatically from a cell without typing in Title tab/Chart title box. I tried to use indirect command but it didn't help also I search help for charting in Excel help file but couldn't find anything. Is it possible? TIA, Rasoul Khoshravan, Tabriz, Iran See Dynamic Chart Title http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/dynamic_chart_title/index.html "Rasoul Khoshravan Azar" wrote: > I want to reference a cell for chart title so that excel gets it > automatically from a cell without typing in Title t...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

cell reference in a formula is called
Please confirm the correct answer to the below question cell reference in a formula is called? I'm not sure what you are asking for. In a user defined function in VBA, Application.Caller will return a Range reference to the cell which called the function. In a formula, ADDRESS(ROW(),COLUMN()) will return the address of the cell containing the function. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "???????????" <???????????@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22EA36DA-A680-4414-87DF-EBD3BA96820...

Previous Cell Comments Appearing when Mousing over cells in one column
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I am seeing a previous cell comment when I mouse over another cell in a different column of cells. It only happens in the one column and its the same cell comment. How can this situation be fixed so I will not see this comment? Thanks. You actually can delete comments. Go to help menu and click on search type in comment or commenting and see if you can find deleting comments. > Thanks but this is not the problem. I don't want to delete the comments. For the moment I reverted to a previous version that I had...

plus sign before cell reference in formula
what is the difference between this formula: =+C31*$D$14 and this one: =C31*$D$14 both formula give the same results. what is the purpose of the plus sign? The plus sign serves no useful purpose whatsoever It does tell us that maybe the originator of the workbook began life as a Lotus 123 users where formulas began with +. And that they have not yet found that Excel does not require them (old habits die hard - or not at all) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "KrispyData" <KrispyData@discussions.microsoft....

Grouping rows based on like data in a cell and then separating them
Lets say you have a 15,000 line spreadsheet covering about 8,000 different items. Some items have multiple lines devoted to them. Each line is a separate transaction related to that item. After sorting the list by the item name, I now wish to have excel insert a blank line between each different name. So basically this: alpha alpha beta beta beta gamma delta delta would become this: alpha alpha beta beta beta gamma delta delta Is there any way to do that other than manually inserting rows? An automated process would save a LOT of time. Sub InsertRow_At_Change() Dim i As Long ...

How to remove blank space?
I have created a line chart from the data source that contains either blank space or is null. I tried to remove blank space or cell has value is null from this line chart but could not. Please help! Thanks, Daniel Replace the empty cells by #N/A. Either =IF(A1="",NA(),A1), or modify an existing formula appropriately. -- David Biddulph "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A05DE8FC-BE80-42EF-9330-13010670F751@microsoft.com... >I have created a line chart from the data source that contains either blank > space or is null. I t...

moving and dragging multiple cells together without merging?
is it possible to do this say i have a row, A2-F7 there is data in each cell can i make it so i move any of the cells (lets say C2) up or down and the whole row will all move in a unit as if it was merged? i dont want to officially merge though because then that will screw up the data inside the cells -- pete321 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pete321's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35354 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=551972 Instead of a cell, use the row count...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Create another sheet with info from a "Job #" column
Good aftermorning to you all. It seems the more I get done the more that is added to my list of things to do (don't ya hate it when that happens?) Here's what's on today's TODO list: I am working on a TruckLog, had everything running perfectly then was told that I need to add a column to let us know which Job the trucks are runnin' to. Fine, that's easy. But the problem is that they want it set up so that when a Job# is entered in the column, it creates a new sheet (the sheet has to come from an outside source: i.e. another Excel worksheet), then the sheet has to be...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Setting column width for blank columns
I would like to add something to a macro that will make all blank columns a set width of (1"). Any suggestions? -- gmr7 ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Prevent Forwarding #2
Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to someone else. Thanks!! Shannon <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi. I need to know how to make an email message unable to > be forwarded to a third party. For example if I sent an > email to John, John couldn't then forward that message to > someone else. Can't be done, in general. -- Brian Tillman You'd need to use a service such as those listed at http://www.slipst...

replace "#DIV/0!" errors with blanks #2
Does anyone know how to replace #DIV/0! errors with blanks automatically? I am working with very large data sets, and complete averages, maximums, etc when compiling the data. However, the #DIV/0! errors always affect each subsequent calculations. I have tried using the Find and Replace commands under the Edit menu, and have also attempted formulas such as: =IF(AVERAGE(A12:A19)="#DIV/0!", "", AVERAGE(a12:a19)) Both of these methods leave me with the same "#DIV/0!" as before. As you can see, this will negatively affect any calculations based on the cell...

Preventing user name from appearing in new cell Comments.
I use the comment feature in Excel 2000 regularly. Every time a new comment is started, my user name in bold appears. I always have to overwrite it an turn off bold text before I create the comment. As I am the only user on this computer, and I do not share the information on-line with any other users, can some Excel expert please tell me how can I turn off the automatic insertion of my user name? Thank you. Hi Robert, ] XL2000: Sample Macro to Remove User Name from Comment http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213766 -- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov...