Present Value of One Time Payment N Years in Future

How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years
in the future?

--
Will

0
westes-usc (10)
6/11/2007 4:23:30 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

On Jun 10, 9:23 pm, "Will" <westes-...@noemail.nospam> wrote:
> How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years
> in the future?

Suppose the future value is $100,000 in 20 years.  You need to know
the annual "rate" -- an interest rate, average growth rate, or a
discount rate.  Suppose it is 5%.  Then the present value is:

=pv(5%, 20, 0, -100000)

0
joeu2004 (766)
6/11/2007 6:07:18 AM
I am a newbee to 2007 and have lost the function of saving a *.dbf file back
to a compatible database structure. Is there a fix?

Hi

It has been removed from XL2007, but not from Access2007.
Your only options would therefore appear to be to transfer to access if
you have it, or save in a 97-2003 compatibility mode, and pick it up in
XL2003 (if you still have it) and export from there to db format.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Murph" <denis.murphy@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>I am a newbee to 2007 and have lost the function of saving a *.dbf file
>back to a compatible database structure. Is there a fix?

0
roger5293 (1125)
6/11/2007 3:49:12 PM
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 21:23:30 -0700 from Will <westes-
usc@noemail.nospam>:
> How do you calculate the present value of a one time payment that is N years
> in the future?

If A1 is the future value, A2 is the interest rate per year, and A3
is the number of years, then the present value is

= A1 / (1+A2) ^ A3

Caution: A2 must be a percernt, e.g. .05 or 5% and not plain 5.

                                  http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Huge differences in chart values screws my bar chart scale up.
Hi! I have a table which has mainly values between 0 and 5000 and I made bar chart from that data. Then I have 1 value which is over 100 000. This ofcourse makes all other bars way to small to be of any use. Is there any way to "truncate" this 1 bar so it wouldn't mess up the scale, but would show the right value anyway? Could I for example set different scale from 0 to 5000 and then from 5000 to 120 000? Regards, Aki Hi, Have a look at these examples of how to place a break in the Y axis. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/...

How to move e-mail from one PC to another in Outlook and maintain.
I would like to know how to move e-mail from one PC to another PC and maintain the integrity of the e-mail. Forwarding each e-mail is not pratical in this case. You need to post more information. Since this is an Outlook discussion group, I'll assume you are using Outlook. Is the email in a .PST file, or on an Exchange server? If a .PST file, just copy the .PST file to the new computer and then tell Outlook on the new computer where it is. If it's on an Exchange server, then you don't need to move anything. "rwrhine@psa" wrote: > I would like to know how to m...

Cell value picking
Option Explicit Sub value_picking() ' I use this script to pick value anywhere within the sheet, _ and paste it in cell A1. Dim reg1 As Variant reg1 = ActiveCell.Value Range("A1") = reg1 End Sub 'Similarly, I want to select a range of varrious size, _ and paste its value in Range("A1:??"), _ so long they are not overlapped. 'Please help. Daniel, I think this does what you want... '-------------------------------- Sub TransferSelectionValues() ' Jim Cone - 10/27/2004 Dim rngSelect As Excel.Range Dim rngA1 As Excel.Range Set rngSelect = Sele...

Append Query every day at certain time automatically
Hi, So i have a query qryStats. Basicaly i want to be able to see how the stats have changed over a period so i was thinking of turning that simple query into an Append Query so that it just add the results to a table tblStats. I tested it and it works great so i can design reports and the result is exactly what i want. Problem is im going to forget to run the query each day. What are my options? Can i write code of some kind that runs the append query each day at, lets say 16:00? YES but your db would need to be running in order for that to work. You could also create...

Billable time reports
We are just deploying CRM 3.0 for our Marketing Service related company. I have set up the Product Catalog to include Hourly Units with a price list of $75.00 for the Product "Service 1". I have resolved a Service case for an Account and have charged the account 1 hour of billable time. Question: is there a report already in place that shows me the cases (for the month) for Accounts with billable time. Or is there another step I must complete after resolving the case to move this billable time to an Invoice? I have tried advanced find on resolved case which shows me the ca...

Presentation Properties
I have PPT 2007. I have always wondered how to make good use of the Powerpoint Properties dialog box. How can Keywords and Category, for example, be put to good use? What searching system can look inside the properties? Are any properties useful for SEO if a presentation is posted on a website? Thank you. Alessandra In article <51fec317-0258-4865-8da6- dff4d72bdfae@10g2000yqq.googlegroups.com>, Alessandra wrote: > I have PPT 2007. I have always wondered how to make good use of the > Powerpoint Properties dialog box. > How can Keywords and Category, for example, be...

Look up value according to Mapping and Sum up values
I have two reports connected by mapping sheets. I need a macro to abstract values from report 1 to report 2 according to mapping sheets. Sometime, the values have to sum up if the particular items is mapping to same items. In addition, Group A in report 1 location could be different from Group A location in report 2. I try to use index function and it didn't work out well. I know this is little challenge and I have tried many different ways and didn't work out well. I appreciate any help and any idea about how to do it. Thank you very much. Please see my little sample data for more in...

Multiple Values
Hello, Is there a way in MSCRM 1.2, to create a multi value field with a picklist to select the values? not in standard CRM. You will either have to write your own addon or buy one from an isv such as Axonom Powertrack for example "Voni" <Voni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A27598AD-A5D0-487E-AA66-724D8EA6FD76@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there a way in MSCRM 1.2, to create a multi value field with a picklist > to select the values? > > > > Will release 3.0 provide for multi value fields? Or the ability to design an...

how do i make one tab monitor another and update automatically ?
tracking inventory and need to have master inventory list delete entries as it detects them introduced into "outgoing" tab Hi, Why you don't use an userform look at Debra Web, just her example is related to inventory http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html if this helped you please say yes, thanks "wizzy" wrote: > tracking inventory and need to have master inventory list delete entries as > it detects them introduced into "outgoing" tab ...

Summing Related Values
I have a list of codes, let's call them A,B,C,A,E,F,A,A,I,J. Next to each code letter is a dollar amount. How can I sum all of the dollar values next to an A? In other words, the total dollar amount associated with A? Thanks Adam, You can use the SUMIF function. For example, =SUMIF(A1:A10,"A",B1:B10) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Adam1 Chicago" <Adam1Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9330F9E9-8C25-4D0E-B16F-3A760638A711@microsoft.com... >I have a list ...

Graphs not present
I cannot seem to be able to view graphs in Excel 2002. Any ideas.... DMJ Which graphs would those be? Graphs you created? Graphs in a workbook that was sent to you? More detail please. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:24:32 -0400, "DMJ" <kmd@hotmail> wrote: >I cannot seem to be able to view graphs in Excel 2002. > >Any ideas.... > ...

How To maintain ListControl Values
Hi, I had ListControl,its contains looks like " Index IPAddress ID Pwd" fields . I want to edit the box and give the input to those editbox values at the run time.After that if user click close the Listcontrol dialog application those values, will maintain the listcontrol.How to maintain the listcontrol values. In the OnInitDialog() function i called: m_lstCtrl.SetExtendedStyle(m_lstCtrl.GetExtendedStyle()| LVS_EX_GRIDLINES|LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT); I set the properties in the ListControl Appearance EditLabels i set TRUE View i set REPORT and then Single Selecti...

saving default value for a text box
I'm using a text box for notes (it's not associated with any tables). When user entered some text there I'd like that this text would appear on the next time when user would open this form. I'm trying to use the following: Private Sub PrintHeaderText_AfterUpdate() Dim new_text As String new_text = Me.PrintHeaderText Me.PrintHeaderText.DefaultValue = "'" & new_text & "'" End Sub .... and the following code: Private Sub CloseButton_Click() DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Form.Name, acSaveYes End Sub But when I open the form again ...

Hiding #N/A error (or displaying a blank cell instead of #N/A)
Hello, I have a formula which is working correctly; however when it doesn't locate the data (as will happens sometimes), it displays the #N/A error. I would prefer it display a blank cell. Can someone please tell me how to do this in Excel? Formula: =IF(P28=0,"",INDEX('Ext''d Lines'!$B$1:$CD$1,MATCH(P28,INDEX('Ext''d Lines'!$B$2:$CD$230,MATCH($A28,'Ext''d Lines'!$A$2:$A$230,0),0),1)+1)) Thanks, Eva Marie =IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",YourFormula) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Eva Marie&q...

Moving rows from one sheet to another based on a particular cell v
Here's what i am trying to do - Create a status report of multiple worksheets. The first sheet will include all items in an "open Status" - Status column. I would like to have seperate reports for deferred, closed and pending. When I change a status on the first sheet to closed. Is it possible to have the entire row moved to the closed report worksheet. I am not great at this so if this is possible - i'll need some step by step help. ...

autocomplete doesn't work on recent contacts, only older ones
Anyone know how to fix? Auto complete is on, but stopped working on recent new addresses that I have mailed to. Works on older ones though. This means outlook isn't closing properly - the file is only updated when outlook closes. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/nicknamecache.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-...

newbie: How can I get the querystring from the presenter?
Hi asp.net 4.0 vs2010 I wonder how I can get the querystring from within the presenter? Jeff wrote: > Hi > > asp.net 4.0 > vs2010 > > I wonder how I can get the querystring from within the presenter? > > What presenter? Sorry, I thought there was only one type of presenter in the .net framework "Mr. Arnold" <Arnold@Arnold.com> wrote in message news:%23P0csJGHLHA.1972@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Jeff wrote: >> Hi >> >> asp.net 4.0 >> vs2010 >> >> I wonder how I can get the ...

Converting CRMDatetime to Text gives one hour difference
Hi All I have one custom entity with one CRM Date Time Field that accepts date and as well as Time. I use this to convert from date time to string CRMDateTime dt= new CRMDateTime(); dt=Convert.ToDateTime(new_date.Value).ToLocalTime(); But the problem I am facing is , it gives one hour difference like if the Date I saved is 3/29/2010 and time is 10:30 AM when i convert to string i get 3/29/2010 time 9:30 AM. Please help. Did you check your local settings on your client (Tools > Options > General > Timezone)? And the Timezone of the user you are using (System, an Administr...

Need help: convert seconds to date and time
Need help converting cell contents from seconds to a date and time. File was exported from Active Directory into a CSV file. Other date fields display date and time, i.e. 20041029043416.0Z. All of the cells in the column for last logon displays an exponential number i.e. 1.27771E+17. When this cell is accessed with mouse or when copied and pasted, 127770982728624000 is displayed. After searching the Internet on converting seconds to date, I found this formula but am not sure how to use it on the cells in the column for last logon. Set cell format to: Date, type = y/m/yy hh:mm Set cel...

Excel Measurements in Real Time to a database
Hi, How do I stop windows housekeeping tasks interuppting Excel? I am implementing a measurement system in Excel that writes to a database. Excel calls an external program that takes the measurement data. THe data is then pasted into cells and a series of calculations made. Finally excel writes the calculations to an access database using ADO. Everthing works fine and the whole process take about 0.5 second. The problem is that this is for a production line where the samples come at one a second. What I find is that Excel occasionally takes longer than 1 sec presumably due to windows &...

Eliminate #Value! in fields
Hi, I have a weekly report for all of 2004. There are two main columns. The first is weekly sales and the second is forecasted sales. I have a formula in a third column that divides weekly sales by forecasted sales. For future weeks, the numerator which is weekly sales is blank. The demoniator contains a value for all 52 weeks. My values that appear in the third column with the formula has a value of #VALUE!. Once the actual sales are filled in, the the #VALUE! dissapears and a percentage appears. How do I make is so the #VALUE! does not appear at all and the formula column is ...

How do I get actions to only run one at a time?
I'm trying to do the followingOpen a query that prompts the user for a date range.Open a form to input a date range.Export the query results to an Excel spreadsheet....I can get all these to work, but need them to complete before the next setup runs.++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_ReportDateRange", acNormal, "", "", acEdit, acNormal DoCmd.OpenQuery "qry_ExportReportDate-ExportToExcel", acViewNormal, acEdit DoCmd.OutputTo acQuery, "qry_ExportReportDate-ExportToExcel", "Micros...

Enter Parameter value problem
I have a database which has been in use for quite some time. Recently I changed a field name in TableA from county to country. This table is related to TableB and TableC and also part of a query. Now when I open TableA or TableB or the query, a dialog box opens asking "Enter Parameter Value" for TableA.county with the blank datasheet in the background (only the first field of the first record is filled). If I click OK or cancel or Esc the dialog box disappears and the datasheet fills up with all the records. I have looked at the query and the tables in design view but can...

Visio 2007 value stream mapping help guide
Hello, I would like to have a tutoriel to how to use the VSM template in visio 2007. Do you have any usefull information that will show how we enter all the data and customize the mapping ? I have a specific information on the process icon: how do we change the number of operator ? I find how the hide it by right clicking on icon, but I never find how to change it. Look on the example on the office web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio/HA101130241033.aspx There is 1 operator for Stamping and 2 operators for the assambly box. Also, on the second picture on that link, the Stamp...

placing a value in a field
Hello: With the use of VBA, what code would you use to populate the Employee ID field in one window with the same empliyee ID (value) from another open window? Thanks! childofthe1980s Set the value of the second window field = to the value of the first window field. You will need to qualify the name of the field. Put on whichever window event is appropriate to your case - probably the After Open event. I can give you more exact information if you'll give me the object names involved. EmpID.focus (windowname.fieldname) Leslie "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: >...