predictive spelling

Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or
later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which
refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA

						Greg Little
0
glittle (6)
7/19/2004 1:35:14 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

spelling ?????
Why can't I get spelling and grammer on E-Mail ?????? without going into a big speel with others. From: "Bones" <springfieldh@paradise.net.nz> Subject: I cannot get rid of a message in my inbox,can`t open it , Date: July-07-07 8:51 PM It comes up with---- can`t open check for low memory,i`ve done that "WRONG PASS WORD" <michaelronson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:eG%23KCEVkHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > > <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote in message > news:%23h5hN4OUHHA.3316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >>> Will this combinat...

Predictive text?
You can create a lookup table through Data, Validation, List. But can you do a similar thing where the lookup list is sorted depending on what you type in? eg: If you start to type "peter" the list shortens to items begining with p when you type "p" and then shortens to items begining with pe when you type "pe" etc. Many thanks Peter Excel will auto complete the word if that same word already exists directly above or below the validation cell in the same column. I would move the source list for the validation cell directly above it, then hide those cells...

Spelling and hyphenation
I'm new to Publisher. I wonder why Publisher can't find the spelling and hyphenation files in the programs\shared files\Microsoft shared\Proof-folder, when my Word works fine with these files. My Office (and Publisher) is Office2000, but I have updated both to Office2000 SR-1 and Office2000 SP3. See if your .lex files are the correct ones. Have you tried a detect and repair found under help? Do you have some programs of a newer version of Office installed? List of files that are installed by Publisher 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/235383/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

Spell Check Does Not Work IN Outlook
Spell check will not work in Outlook, yet works fine in Word. Why would this happen and how can I fix it? ...

Where is the spell checker in Outlook express 6 ...?
It's really bothering me because I'm a very bad speller I need a spell checker in my Outlook! Eversince I started to use XP and Outlook Express 6 I can't get it. Please someone tell me where to download or how to get around... thanx This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

predictions
Hi, I have collected all my wife's orgasms in a workbook. every orgasm has a date attached. Now, can I with some formula predict the next orgasm? Any help is greatly appreciated. greets, William Kok Good luck. http://groups.google.com/groups?as_drrb=b&scoring=d&as_mind=5&as_minm=12&as_miny=2004&as_maxd=5&as_maxm=12&as_maxy=2006&as_q=&num=100&as_ugroup=*Excel*&as_usubject=forecast&as_uauthors= -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "ilearning" <s.hoitinga@exmouse.nl> wrote in message news:457524bc...

Spell Check disabled in Outlook Express 6
When I try to spell check an outgoing email message, the spell check feature is shaded out. I have Microsoft Office installed, so what's the problem. Shouldn't the spell checker from Excel or Word kick in? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com...

Spell Checking
I am currently creating a Newsletter in Publisher and it keeps auto-correcting my spellings in english US instead of english UK. I have changed all the settings I can think of to english UK and it still keeps changing it back to US spelling, all the spelling suggestions are also in US dispite changing all the language settings to UK ...

Prediction Graphs
How do i make a graph predict the next value from 3 tables with info eg Table 1 has 5$ profit Table 2 has 3$ profit Table 3 has 8$ Profit how do i make a graph which predicts the next set of values from these values? -- peabushmartin ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peabushmartin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27399 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469414 The mechanics of getting a chart to predict future values is easy. Chart your data in the desi...

Don't spell check email addresses and URLs
Whenever I send a message, the spell-check always flags up parts of email addresses and URLs.How can these be excluded from the spell check. Not sure how tied together outlook and word spell checkers are, but outlook does not have "Ignore Internet File Address" option which sounds like it might be what I want, maybe. These are the settings for Outlook spell check. I have seen other spell check S/W that knows strings starting w/ "http://" are URLs and can thus skip the check. You could also argue that xxxx@yyyyy.xxx is a recognizable email and could also be skipped in a ...

Prediction..?
Hi all, I have a serie of values like: Month Value 1 100 2 200 3 300 4 400 5 500 6 600 7 700 If I would like to predict the value for month 12. In Excel it's: =PRECICT(predicted X;known y-values;known x-values) = 1200 How can I do the same in Access? Kent J. Hi, Kent. > I have a serie of values like: > > Month Value > 1 100 > 2 200 > 3 300 > 4 400 > 5 500 > 6 600 > 7 700 > > If I would like to predict the value for month 12. > In Excel it's: > =PRECICT(predicted X;known y-values;known x-values) = 1200 > > How can I do the same in ...

Change User Name Spellings
Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how? Thanks! You can change a user name at any time. You must log into GP as 'sa' and then go to Tools > Setup > System > User. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "create_share" <createshare@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:273FF242-1960-4CD9-9FD5-FF91D4C9076D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change username spellings in GP 9.0? If yes then how? > > Thanks! Are you talking about the publicly displayed user name or the ID the user ...

Spell Checking
Microsoft Excel Spell Check is not making the changes on the cell selected when I press Change on the Spell Check Dialogue. After it moves to the next cell, it gives me an error, "Formula too long!" But my main concern is that is not making the changes when I press change. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you, Search the archive around this neighbourhood by using "Formula too long". It provides certain assistance to proceed with seeking the solution. The gist of the matter lies in applying Excel VBA (to spell-check the long text entry i...

Word 2007 Doest Check for wrong spelling
I have a word 2007, int default installation it dosent check for spelling. So I've changed the Language to English(united states) in the review tab. but after I close the program I have to do this all over again to apply the word correction.. What is your suggestion so that my settings will presist? See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Sheen" <Sheen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE381B7D-70CE-4E18-A607-549A9...

Predictive Address
Hi, Have a client who wishes for Predictive Email Address feature of Outlook 2003 to be turned off, company wide. Is this possible through Group Policy or script? Need help as I'm not even sure where to start with this. Thanks, Joe On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 15:56:16 -0000, "Joe" <Joe@newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Have a client who wishes for Predictive Email Address feature of Outlook >2003 to be turned off, company wide. > >Is this possible through Group Policy or script? > >Need help as I'm not even sure where to start with this....

Outlook 2000 Spell Check
Every email I send gives me the error message "Error Occured While checking Spelling" How do I fix? Check under tools, options in outlook and look under spelling and see what language you have told it to spell check in, perhaps you don't have that dictionary installed. If you told is US and you think you have it installed it could be corrupt - trying to a "repair" installation of Office. Ty >-----Original Message----- >Every email I send gives me the error message "Error >Occured While checking Spelling" How do I fix? >. > ...

spell-chack
I have a new computer with "works" and outlook "express". I need an upgraded word processor and a spell check. Question-- If i get publisher will it have a spell check that will install into outlook express? thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from greg alonzo <threeguys@charter.net>... > I need an upgraded word processor and a spell check. Microsoft Word is a word processor. Microsoft Publisher is a DTP app. > Question-- If i get publisher will it have a spell check > that will install into outlook express?...

spell check #29
this has stopped working - have checked the parameters but it still refuses to auto check or indeed check at all! any help much appreciated Can't answer this without some info. Any info. Version of OL? Same version as your Office suite? "jd" wrote: > this has stopped working - have checked the parameters but it still refuses > to auto check or indeed check at all! > > any help much appreciated > > > ...

need help with spell check
I'm using my husbands computer and didn't know he didn't have spanish set up in his spell check and set it as the default. Now I don't know how to put it back in english.. Can anyone help? Tools>Spelling, from the dropdown select English (US) -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lori" <mrgmann6969@aol.com> wrote in message news:00fb01c35539$b69598e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using my husbands computer and didn't know he > didn't have spanish set up in his spell check and > set it as the default. Now I don't know how to put > it back in...

Vulnerability Prediction Tool
I'm working on a project that will track up to 50 events (by date & time as they happen...the only two sole pieces of data entered) and will calculate the average duration between events to project future events (through averages). My problem is being able to display that information visually in a chart (X-axis by hour in a 24-hour clock, and Y-axis by dates). I'm trying to get the chart to show both past events, as well as illustrate the next predicted event time (time of vulnerability), but future ones as well. I might be asking to much of excel in graphic visualization...

Spelling Check
I am running Windows XP Home Edition with Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123 Under TOOLS \ OPTIONS \ SPELLING When checking spelling, always ignore; "Internet Addresses" is checked, but it does not ignore them. How can I correct this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default....

Re: spell checker not working #2
I'm currently running Outlook 2002 with Win XP. I just received a new message stating "error occurred while checking spelling" I tried to run detect and repair but with no luck. It was working previously. Any suggestions. ...

Office 10.1.5 spelling tool spasmodic refusal to add/recognize?
Example: In Entourage Tasks, the "add" button of the spelling tool was grayed out when it came across a new word and put a wavy red line underneath it. I then tried the same new word with Word and, again, the "add" button was grayed out. BUT, when I created a new Entourage Note and copied the same spelling into it, the "add" button was not grayed out and I was able to add the word. When I then returned to Tasks and to Word, that spelling was not recognized. Another word that had been added to the custom dictionary months ago was recognized as OK when I used...

Outlook express can't spell check. It says to check later.
Outlook says it can't run spell check on any doccument and to try later. HELP "Harold" <Harold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E7B48A-4F5A-4E2A-8D9F-485A8395D9C2@microsoft.com... > Outlook says it can't run spell check on any doccument and to try later. > HELP This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexp...

Excel Predicts
When I type data into a cell sometimes Excel assumes I want something I typed previously. Such as, 14b might be entered two cells up, but now I just want to type 14. Excel puts the b in there whether I want it or not. I looked through all of the windows to try and find out how to change this, but I didn't see anything. How do I keep this from happening? Now let's say I want to keep the feature. What is the easiest way to get rid of the b? Thanks. It sounds like you have autocomplete turned on. Tools|Options|Edit Tab|Uncheck "enable autocomplete for cell values" Re...