Possible to reverse a row of entries?

Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of entries
and reverse them?  In other words if I have rows #1 through #10 top to bottom,
I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom.

thanks

Rick

excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi
in B1 enter
=OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0)
and copy down for ten rows

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

rs wrote:
> Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of
> entries and reverse them?  In other words if I have rows #1 through
> #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom.
>
> thanks
>
> Rick
0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/13/2004 8:00:19 PM
Rick

You say "rows".  More than one column in these rows?

Frank's formula assumes data in Column A only.

If multiple columns involved.........

Insert a column at left or right and enter 1 through 10 in that column.

Select all columns.

Data>Sort>Descending on the numbered column.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 21:00:19 +0100, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de>
wrote:

>Hi
>in B1 enter
>=OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0)
>and copy down for ten rows
>
>--
>Regards
>Frank Kabel
>Frankfurt, Germany
>

>rs wrote:
>> Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of
>> entries and reverse them?  In other words if I have rows #1 through
>> #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Rick

0
Gord
11/13/2004 8:08:10 PM
As an extension to Frank's suggestion
(there's a typo, missing "S" in OFFET),
assuming the original data is in Sheet1, in A1:E10
you could also try as just another option,

In Sheet2
------------
Put in A1: =OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$10,-(ROW(A1)-1),COLUMN(A1)-1)
Copy A1 across to E1, fill down to E10

Then select the original range in Sheet1,
click on the Format Painter icon to copy the format,
then just click on A1 in Sheet2 to paint the format over the inverted range
--
Rgds
Max
"Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote
> Hi
> in B1 enter
> =OFFET($A$10,-(ROW()-1),0)
> and copy down for ten rows
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>

> rs wrote:
> > Is there a command or format command that will let me take a row of
> > entries and reverse them?  In other words if I have rows #1 through
> > #10 top to bottom, I now want them to go #10 to #1 top to bottom.
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Rick

0
demechanik (4693)
11/14/2004 10:40:04 AM
speaking of which, does anyone know why when i double click a cell in
pivot table to view where it got the info, it's always reversed?
like.. upside down

--
medicenpringle
medicenpringles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1645

"medicenpringles" <medicenpringles.1fqbdz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote

> speaking of which, does anyone know why when i double click a cell in a
> pivot table to view where it got the info, it's always reversed?
> like.. upside down?

Not really, as some light testing might reveal
You'd probably get a mixed bag of results, which I did

But if one double-clicks on the *Grand Total number*,
the results seem to appear in the same order as in the source
--
Rgds
Max
GMT+8,  1� 22' N  103� 45' E
xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com
----

0
demechanik (4693)

Is it possible

Offset, sum down to the first blank row
can anyone write the formula to sum down to the first blank row it encounters? In the sample data below I want the xx to sum only to 60 Assume the word sum is in cell A1 and the xx is in cell B1. sum xx Blue 10 Black 20 Red 30 Red 20 black 40 thanks much. p.s. would this formula be considered "volatile" and therefore "risky"....if so, what's the risk. thx. "Tami" <Tami@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EFA4F8A3-A823-4522-A946-F55AB55E0B29@microsoft.com... > can anyone write the formula to ...

DEX ROW ID
hello, I have a question on how does the dex row id get updated in great plains. I noticed there a 2 tables in the tempdb database what is that for. Thanks, Scott The DEXROWID is present in every table and is automatically incremented by 1 every time a record is added to the table. The tempdb database is a temporary database used by the server to store information needed for it to do its work. Its content is constantly changing and is wiped out everytime you restart the server. For more information check here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/architec/...

Change dflt Journ Entry from PHONE to TASK?
I use journal heavily - but not for recording phone calls, for recording time spent on tasks and other details about them. Each newly-created journal entry defaults to entrytype "Phone". How can I change this to default to entrytype "Task"? Thanks.. ....Allen Kitchen / akitchen@diskriter.com You can change the name of that entry, but I don't believe you can change the fact Outlook uses it as the default for new Journal items. You can read more info here: http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/exo_pro/10min/10min0999.asp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Micr...

Personal Folders in OWA

Won't update row in datagrid
I have a XML file that I have bound to a typed Dataset, which goes to a DataView, which is connected to a datagrid. When I enter new data in the last row (empty) row of the datagrid and move off of the datagrid's row the data disapears. AllowNew and AllowEdit of the dataview are both true. ReadOnly of the DataGrid is False. What am I missing? Can you detail how the DataView is set ? I don't seem to have to same problem on DefaultView, nor on an unfiltered DataView ... "Trey" <weaver@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:%23$XGdhh%23DHA.4088@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... &g...

CListCtrl Setting the Focus to a Row through Code
Hi i am taken a dialog based application. on the dialog i placed CListCtrl.i added 3 cols and 10 row to the list control. the first column is Checkbox. On the dialog box i placed two Buttons with captions "Next" and "Previous". when i run my application, when i Press "Next" Button the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the next row.and when i press "Previous" the selection mark in the CListCtrl should move to the previous row. i am using nItem=5; m_ListCtrl.SetItemState( nItem, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED, LVIS_SELECTED|LVIS_FOCUSED ); it...

Deleting Duplicate entries #2
I have a huge spreadsheet with over 7500 rows which has been given to me. A large number of the entries are duplicated many times within the sheet. Is there a way to run a macro or a worksheet function which will automatically find and erase the duplicate entries based on one unique column that I can use? Hi Check out this site http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm And this page "Delete duplicate Rows" http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "tgentry0419@yahoo.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

How can I execute my macro for every row in worksheet
I'm a macro newbie... In my worksheet, I want to use a macro to find the word "RETENTION" and insert a blank (new) row after this word until all the rows in the worksheet are processed. Any suggestions? Thanks. Hi try the following macro. It tests column A and inserts a row if the value is 'RETENTION' Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long Dim row_index As Long lastrow = ActiveSheet.Cells(Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row For row_index = lastrow - 1 To 1 Step -1 If Cells(row_index, "A").Value ="RETENTION" then Cells(row_index + ...

purchase history entry
We have recently setup RMS, and are now entering client data. Can anyone please tell me if it is possible, and if so how, to enter past purchases clients have made going back several years..I have heard mention of a "transaction table", is that the way to go?Thanks in advance for any replies.. YES we have an import utility that does this. Though you need to have the original data exported to excel or to a CSV or Text file. For more information contat me. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = "KDS" <KDS@discussions.micr...

Export report templates
I would like to export the standard and modified reports from Great Plains 6.0 and am not familiar with this application. Is this feature available for both FRx reports and the vanilla standard reports that come with Great Plains. Any assistance in how to obtain this information either in a text, csv format etc would be appreciated. For FRx, you can export to Excel and other formats. Within FRx you would go to the Report Catalog and pick the report you want to print. On the output tab select the type of destination you want. Click the Generate report button. There are no vanilla repo...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Design issue; and finding and displaying row on other workbook
1. An academic course is divided into two sections: lecture and discussion. The lecture section contains all classes, but the discussion classes do not. The discussion section is further divided into three subsections, each containing multiple classes. The need is to coordinate student attendance and grades for all sections. Currently we have 1 lecture section workbook with all student names, IDs, and other info; and 3 discussion section workbooks with the same only for the relevant subsection. And then there is a consolidation workbook where lecture and discussion are put together and attend...

How to select the last filled row
Hi, I have a column of data and I add rows every day to that column; I just = want=20 to see the data in the last row in another cell... whats the formula for = that???? ex: I have A12 which reads 48 as the last data on the column A; = but=20 next week I'll have A43 and the data will be 84... I want a cell which = shows=20 48 today and will show 84 next week....=20 PS: I managed to get a formula which shows the number of the last row = but i=20 can't use it either... ex: the data I'm interested in, is in A12 and it = reads=20 "48".... but tomorrow it will be in A13 and ...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...

Is this Possible ?
Hi Have a newsletter document with text boxes that have no outlines but internal gradient colour fills. Is it possible that a macro could remove all colour fills in one hit just leaving the text in place ? many thanks Dim oShape As Shape For Each oShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes If oShape.Type = msoTextBox Then If oShape.Line.Visible = msoFalse Then oShape.Fill.Visible = msoFalse End If End If Next oShape should clear the fill from text boxes that are filled and have no border. -- <>>< ><<> ><&l...

Adding a row in all workbooks within a spreadsheet
I have 5 workbooks that link to one workbook. If I need to add a row how do I do that in all workbooks at one time? Select the first sheet tab, then with the SHIFT key depressed select the last sheet tab. You will notice that the file name will change to GROUPED. Inserting a row on a sheet will ensure that the row is inserted in all the selected row. PLEASE ENSURE that you ungroup the sheets (right click on the tab name and then select ungroup) as soon as possible because in a grouped format ANYTHING you do will affect ALL sheets (even if you delete). HTH "ndpocohantas" w...

Is Batch Marking Possible?
Hello, I am doing a mass mailing from Outlook. I will print 50 address labels per day. Is there a way for me to batch-mark the contacts for which I print a label? Thanks, Talal Itani ...

Conditional Insert Row
Hello...I need to automatically insert my entire first row of data at each increment where the value in Column A has changed. Is there a function I can establish to do such a task automatically? Example: File format as it appears currently.. Number,Date 12345, 8/11/2004 12345, 8/11/2004 98765, 8/12/2004 File format as it needs to appear.. Number,Date 12345, 8/11/2004 12345, 8/11/2004 Number,Date 98765, 8/12/2004 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi try the following macro. It tests column B and inserts a row if the values change Sub insert_rows() Dim lastrow As Long D...

Address book shows LDAP style entries
Hello, This may be standard, but when I go into my address book (Tools > Address Book) to look at the Global Address list, the e-mail addresses are listed LDAP style (OU=MyCompany/, etc.). Is there a way to display these as user@mycompany.com (SMTP) formatted addresses? Thanks! Jeff ...

Is it possible to make cmd window to flash?
Greetings, I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can this be implemented? Thanks, Evan >I have an existing VC2003 windows console program. Now I want to add a alarm >feature to it, the simpliest way is to make the cmd window to flash. Can >this be implemented? Evan, If the console is running in a window, I presume you can use the FlashWindow(Ex) API. In newer OS's you can find the console window handle using the GetConsoleWindow API. For older OS's here's...