Possible to 'copy' cell data into another cell?

If for example

A1 contains:  hello
B1 contains:  you

Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1  to get it to copy info
from other cells i.e. so C1  shows:  hello you

????????

0
nospam7515 (2084)
2/3/2009 3:28:04 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=a1 & " " & b1

If you decide you want money or dates, you can use something like:

=a1&" "&b1&text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy")

--

Dave Peterson
0

automatically copying data from one sheet to another, depending on which drop-down code is allocated
I have a sheet where I list each item of my business outgoings. Column C lists the amount spent. In Column D I allocate a code from a drop-down list, to allocate that item of expenditure against a particular cost centre. I have thirty cost centres. So once the code is allocated, I can filter the list to see all items for any particular cost centre. But what I really want is this: I have created a separate sheet in the workbook, with all the cost centres as column headings. I'd like each amount to be automatically copied to the cost centre sheet, and placed in the correct column,...

How 2 copy stored values
Hello, Sorry, i don't know the name of this function;When entering text in a column excel keeps the data (in a list?) and next time you type the first letters of a previously entered string it fills the rest for you.This is a great time-saving feature. My question is: Is it possible to copy the information collected from a column (ie A JUN!) in same column (A JUL!) in a new worksheet? I'm tired to have to start all over each month in a new work sheet when the nice stuff is left in the previous month (worksheet)! TIA for your input, Manuel This feature is called "autocomplete&...

Copy Paste Conditional Formatting
I have used conditional formatting to identify certian parameters. I must now copy that column to another spreadsheet but do not want to lose that highlighted data. I have tried Copy Paste Special but I can only copy the Values. Is there any way to copy those cells and the colors? If you do a copy/paste special/formats, you'll get the conditional formats (and other formats) into the destination cells, without changing the values already in those cells. -- Jim "Bud Hughes" <BudHughes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAA3085A-642D-4645-ADC5-24FF967...

Jumping to a hidden cell on enter
I've got 3 drop down lists in which the source cells are located i hidden rows above the data cell. Each of these 3 data cells are righ on top of the other (of the unhidden cells) and every time I use one o them and hit enter, rather than going to the next unhidden cell down it goes to a hidden cell. I can see it displaying the cell destinatio and it's contents in the input window. I try to unhide then rehide an it's always the same cell it goes to upon enter. Does anyone have an ideas about what is causing this glitch? Thanks Trace ---------------------------------------------...

Is it possible

Personal Folders in OWA

Editing XML data relation line
I am working on a program where I am retrieving data from an Access database through one common dataset. I have already put the database connection component on the form as well as the two data adapters. Here is where I am having problems. I double click on the .xsd file and then go to the schema menu and select add|new relationship. My table names are Employee and Payroll. Employee ID is a primary key in the Employee table and a foreign key in the Payroll table. I need to define a DataRelation link with Employee ID. The problem is that when the parent table is set to Employee and the ch...

Missing Data in Spreadsheet Contained in a Disk Image
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used Migration Assistant to copy all my applications and files to my new iMac i7. When I attempt to open a vital password protected Disk Image, the .dmg opens OK but the Excel file contained within doesn't have any data in it. Taking a copy of the .dmg from a backup disk results in the same thing. <br><br> What's really peculiar 'though is that if I right click the file before actually opening it, using Quick Look, it shows all the data is there. But the file still won't open the Ex...

cell input on certian dates!!
Ok, heres my question. on sheet2 i have a list of items in col A that i inventory daily, in col B i enter those qtys. ex. A B Beef 3 On Sheet1 in col A i have the dates for the month A B 8/4/2005 8/5/2005 8/6/2005 i need sheet1 col b to lookup and input the number from sheet 2 col b on the spacific date that i am entering it but i need that number to stay there when i change the number the next day. i know its kind of vauge but i am new at excel and could really use the help!!! thank you!! -- ...

Moving an old transaction from one account to another.
I have a *very* strange situation here... Once upon a time, Mr. Pat Smith married Ms. Pat Jones. The Mrs. Pat Smith was a cute oddity for the duration of the marriage. Sadly, the marriage ended. Mrs. Smith did not change her last name back to Jones... Now we have two people in town with the same name. 'Pat Smith'. Mr. Pat Smith bought a mattress set. In RMS, the mattress is on Mrs. Pat Smith's account. This probably would have gone unnoticed for along time, possibly forever, except for the unfortunate demise of the mattress under warranty. Now we need to return the m...

finding a cell address
I am still working on a vlookup table to return more All values for given lookup value. I have found a way but need a little help. my first value is easy it just looks at the range of the whole databas lookup range= a:d The second value is tricky, what I need is a formula that will give th me address of the 1st match+1 cell down what will give me lookup range = a2:d3 The third would be the value of the 1st match +2 cell down My data is sorted by col. A in ascending order -- thats why once i finds the 1st one if there are any more it will be in the next row. I have an example if needed ...

How do I copy a Word File to an email that has numbered lists in
When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in the body such as 1. 2. 3. etc. the numbers for each line disappear in the email message. How can I prevent this? Email messages generally don't preserve formatting. Send the Word doc as an attachment, or (probably better) convert it to pdf and send that. On Feb 23, 4:05=A0pm, Edward P <Edward P...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I send an email and copy a Word Document that has a numbered list in= the > body such as 1. =A0 2. =A0 3. =A0etc. the numbers for each line disappea...

Formatting to show/not show "DUE" and "RECEIVED" in cell
Hi, I am setting up a register to show when/if my drivers have handed in their Tacho charts on time. So far I have this formula at C7 and now I'm stuck :-( =IF(A2>B4+14,"DUE") A2 is =today() B4 is whatever the week commencing date may be. What I would like is for "DUE" to appear in C7 14 days after the week commencing date at B4 (so far so good!!), but when I put the number of charts received in B7 "DUE" would be changed to "RECEIVED". Hope it makes sense and you can help. Thx "kevhatch" wrote: > Hi, I am setting up a r...

Copy a chart from one workbook to another workbook?
l've tried to copy one workbook to another workbook using VBE. Does anyone have any idea? Thank u :D What is it you are copying, an embedded chart, a chart sheet, a worksheet, or a workbook? If it's a chart, are you copying just the chart, or the chart and its data? Is your intent to use the data from the new workbook with the copied chart? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "y0ngb00n" <y0ngb00n@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:43a694e3_1@news.tm.net.my... &g...

embedding Word files in cells of Excel 2003
(I am a beginner with Excel) Each month I send an email with an xls attachment. The xls contains cells which contain quotation reference numbers for Word documents. This is for ISO2000 documentation tracking. Now I also send seperate emails each with the Word quotation attached but I'm being told that when these emails are later opened the attachment is not always present. Is it possible for me to link the quotation to the cell so that after emailing the xls the recipient can open the Word quotation by clicking on the relevant cell? Beemer I'm not sure you could link the ...

selecting like cells in a column
First time poster...wish I would have found this place a long time ago! I need to select 'like' cells (i.e. same value) from a column (for use in a macro so I can't just point and click). The like cells are actually grouped together. Sounds easy enough but I can't find a shortcut key to do it and am trying to avoid writing vb for this part of the task. Please help!! ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- View and post Excel related usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com -- Hundreds of free MS ...

corrupt .pst = can view but not copy messages to new .pst
Hi, i had a hard disk fail while outlook 2003 was open. The .pst got corrupted but i managed to recover it and transfer it to a new machine and ran scanpst.exe on it. Some data was lost but most of my messages are intact. I can view *all* of my messages just fine and reply or forward them etc. But I cannot move or copy a lot of them at all to a new 'clean' .pst. When i try moving or copying these messages, i get a "Can't move the items. Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid" error box. I have tried exporting the individual...

pictures in various shapes
Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of time. with a graphics editor -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "Stephanie" <Stephanie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:014D0D06-15F9-4D92-8D93-64FBD3A9CA32@microsoft.com... | Is it possible to insert a picture and make it into a circle or an oval or | various other shapes than just squares and rectangles? Thank you ahead of | time. | | Stephanie wrote: > Is it possible to insert a pict...

Excel 2002 SP3 CSV Format Cell 'Special' Leading Zero
Excel 2002 SP3, CSV File, Format Cell 'Special' for Zip Code Leading Zero does not work. Is there any way to maintain the Zip Code Leading Zero (New England States) in a CSV File? I have tried Format 'Special' and 'Text' and have found the only solution to be to place a leading ' with each zip code. This is not a very practical solution. Is this a configuration problem, a bug, or a limitation of the CSV file? Thanks, William Hi you may use an adjacent cell with a formula for this. e.g. enter in B1 =TEXT(A1,"0000") or something similar according...

Copiing styles to Normal.dotm
In the Start-up folder for Word (2007) is a template that sets the Style 'Normal' (font and font size) for the normal.dotm. It sets the Style 'Normal' in the activedocument and copies this style to the Normal.dotm (to make sure everybody in the company has the right font and fontsize) The macro works fine, but if I delete the Normal.dotm the following vba-code gives the error message: error 4149 File not found. (Normal.dotm can give problems, so I have to delete this template sometimes ) Application.OrganizerCopy _ Source:=ActiveDocument.Name, _...

Is this possible
I want to make a list of the files in several different folders. Is it possible to somehow "Copy and paste" just the filenames into a list, in either Word or Excel or Wordperfect. I am just trying to sort the files in several different folders to weed out duplicates. There has got to be an easier way then typing them all or screen printing the lists and manually weeding them out. Any suggestions. Frustrated... Hans, Here is some code that will start in a directory and list all files in that and any sub directories. It uses recursion to go through all the subs. Just ch...