Possible to 'copy' cell data into another cell?

If for example

A1 contains:  hello
B1 contains:  you

Is there a equation/command to put in cell C1  to get it to copy info
from other cells i.e. so C1  shows:  hello you

????????

0
nospam7515 (2084)
2/3/2009 3:28:04 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=a1 & " " & b1

If you decide you want money or dates, you can use something like:

=a1&" "&b1&text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy")

--

Dave Peterson
0

get Cell to not display ( $
hi, i have cells that are formatted for accounting and the cell formula contains the SUM feature, when the cells are empty and waiting for a value, they display ($ -) and so i have those symblos everywhere and would like the cell just to be blank and then show up with the dollar sign when a value appears in it. Any ideas? thanks Try this. There might be an easier one, but this is what I use. S 14 5 15 5 =IF(SUM(S14:S18)=0,"",(SUM(S14:S18))) 16 5 17 5 ...

Excel should allow chart axes to be set from sheet data.
I often chart account balances where I have x axis of dates and y axis of monetary amounts. It would be helpful if there was a facility to allow the x axis minimum and maximum to be set to some value as calculated from the data itself (or even calculated using a formula). I like to keep a "rolling" picture of the last three months (so, today()-90 to today()) and the next three months (today() to today() + 90) (on two separate charts). I have to manually update the x axis's minimum and maximum each day. you can set up formulas in cells to calculated your desired max/mins a...

Data entry form
Hi, I wonder if there is possibility to make list field interactive, like when user put firs letter then form showing resluts where first letter = "user letter" ? Becouse I have over 800 records and it is very dificult for user to find the one is looking for. regards Peter Piotr This macro will do what you want. This is how it works. When the user puts a character, say c, in B1, the entire sheet will scroll automatically to put the first row that starts with a "c" at the top of the screen. Note that this is a sheet macro and must be placed in the sheet module ...

formula to replace cell with over 8 characters with word LAN
Hello Group, I hope someone will be able to help. I need a formula that can check each cell in column "D" and if it has over 8 characters in the cell, return a value of the word LAN in column "F". Anything with 8 or under should remain as is. There will be up to 600 row entries in column "D". example of col: 799Z 777X 79BM 08/30/06(An) 08/30/06(Put) 08/30/06(InT) 76CC I'm aware that with all the talent and expertise in the group, this is small potato's, but it is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Calop ?... =IF(LE...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

how can i get a cell to hold a zero in front of a digit ie. 01 or.
I have tried checking the zero values box but still just takes the zero from the front which I need for the table I am trying to plan. I don't want any decimal points in front You can do it three ways 1) If the 'number' you want to end up with is fixed length, say six characters, then Format>Cells...>Custom>000000 will do it 2) Format the cells as text in advance of entry 3) Prefix with a single apostrophe ('). It will not show but will treat the entry as text -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS ...

How do I get macro to unmerge cells that have been previously merg
When I try to record the steps to unmerge 2 previously merged colums into 2 separate colums into a macro, when the macro is executed it tries to merge the colums instead of unmerging them? If I do the same steps without recording as a macro the unmerge works fine. Is there a trick invloved in recording a macro to do unmerging? Hmmmm not sure what's happening. Are you sure the cells you ar unmerging are merged (probably a daft question), merge/unmerge is toggle. Keyboard strokes are better than the mouse when using the record macr function, eg Ctrl+1 Alt+m Ente -- tghcog -------...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

Cell Macro
I'm creating a stationery order form as a spreadsheet which uses the "IF" function to decide which items go on the final form. I need a way to hide the cells which aren't being used or move all the used cells to the top of the form, because at the moment Excel is printing out 4 pages of boxes when only one item is being ordered. Can anyone help? Thanks, Eilidh Eilidh This should do it: Sub HideRows() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("B1:B400") 'alter this range to suit the Qty range rng.Select 'Make sure all row are visible Selection.EntireRow.H...

must press enter 2x to move cell focus
I now have to hit enter or tab twice after editing cell data to get cursor to move to next cell, but only on existing workbooks. New workbooks stil moves after first enter. Move after entry box is checked, tried unchecking, reopen excel, recheck, reopen excel, not fixing it. Excel 2003 on Win XP Pro, AV files current and running. Don't think I changed anything lately. Have compared settings, can't find any differences. Searched KB and newgroup posts but if answer is there I'm not searching on correct words... ...

Need to insert x number of rows in a list of data

How to create a pie chart with 793 numbers? Possible?
Hi, I've been trying to create a pie chart with 793 numbers on one single colum, the column consists of various numbers and i would like to take a percentage of numbers on the column, for example there are 100 tens ranging from cell A1 to A99 and 500 1's ranging from cell A100 to A699 and other numbers, is it possilbe to create a pie chart with that many numbers? -- Every time i tried to create the pie chart using the chart wizard, the finished chart will always shown with so many different slices, any tips on how to create the pie chart would be greatly appreciated thanks in adv...

Ignoring Blank/Empty Cells that contain formulas
I have a column row of formula's that take data from another worksheet, when there is an error in the original data it leaves the cell blank. Formula =IF(ISERR('JAN 2005'!Y55),"",'JAN 2005'!Y55) My problem is that there is a graph generated from this column and it treats all the blank cells as zero, this messes up the graph and shows it dropping to zero. (The errors alway happen at the end of the data) Is there a way to get the graph to ignore the zero figures or rebuild the formula to show the cell as truly blank? Regards Paul Change the formula to ...

Picklist copying
Hello Guys I've basically got an issue where I have modified the categories picklist with about 50 categories. Atleast I did origionally. I was still learning how to use Microsoft CRM and I lsot all the entries in the picklist when I re-installed. Thats a question for another time though. Basically my question is, I need to do two things. Firstly I need to populate a listbox with 50 or so entries. Is there anyway to do this without adding them manually through the customize form view? If the answer is no, then how can I use this same data to populate a listbox for accounts? I have...

automaticly copy data from one worksheet to another
I am trying to find out if there is a formula that will automaticly transfer a row of data to another worksheet in the active workbook once a certain cell is populated???? just in case this sounds confusing let me clearify.... i have a main spreadsheet that has data for 3 companies, I want to just put a "x" in a certain cell that will then make that entire row of data copy to the worksheet designated for that specific company.... PLEASE HELP!!!!! thanks in advance! Hi Emily, A formula cannot change the value of another it can *ONLY* return a value. For what you want, you would ...

in cell dropdowns
This is a random question but, I have dropdowns in a few of my cells. would like the information in the dropdown to wrap text so if th information in the drop down does not fit in the row I can expand th row and it will wrap the text around the new, larger cell. Doe anybody know how I do this? I have tried making the cells where th information in the dropdown comes from wrap text but it doesn't work. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "jmorgs >" <<jmorgs.1bnjge@excelforum...

Data from non-adjacent cells as input for Linest
Hi, I would like to use data as input for Linest that is in the following cells: known y: A1 to A3, A10 to A12 known x: B1 to B3, B10 to B12 I have the feeling that this is almost answered in the following posts, but I do not understand it: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/fe4463f591797f44/4061a15313417929?lnk=gst&q=linest+#4061a15313417929 Regards, David ...

transfer data range from criteria in 2 combo boxes
i have 2 combo boxes "com1" and "com2" i want the value in "com1" to help me decide which columns to target and i would like "com2" to decide which rows to target from another worksheet "sheet2" example: if the value of "com1" was "red" and the value of "com2" was "5/1/10" then i can return C5-C35 from "sheet2" into "a1-a31" in the original sheet example: if the value of "com1" was "blue" and the value of "com2" was "5/2/10" then...

How to use out of bound data?
I used CAsyncSocket to send out of bound data. But the data only can be received by original data method. Has any one used this class to send and receive out of bound data? That's out of BAND data. Out of bound data means you have a memory overwrite. According to the documentation, this should be received by the OnOutOfBandData handler. joe On Fri, 26 May 2006 13:14:28 +0800, "fadics" <fadics@sohu.com> wrote: >I used CAsyncSocket to send out of bound data. But the data only can be >received by original data method. Has any one used this class to send and &g...

Data copy
Hello, I need help transferring data into an tblinventory table from a tblorder table. In the table 'tblorder' I have an order pending of quantity '50' of description "Abc" and partNo "123". After the parts are manufactured I would like to transfer them into a table 'tblInventory' and assign serial numbers. So far I have created a form and a command button with the underlying code: Dim lSerial As Long For lSerial = me.txtFirstSerial To Me.txtLastSerial CurrentDB.Execute "INSERT INTO tblInventory (SerialNumber) VALUES (" & lSerial...

Hidden Cells #2
I have user who has a spreadsheet and the cells on colum A appear to be empty. However when you click on a cell, the information appears above in the field where you can change text. That field has a lower case fx in front of it. Anyhow I think the user clicked a setting the hides the information in the cell. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Hi Anthony Maybe the font is set to white -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91D96835-23ED-4985-BE65-45187475EE03@microsoft.com... > I ha...

Sorting Excel Data
One of my columns is entitled "Date updated". How do I sort all my excel rows by this data? Thank you very much... Go to Data>Sort. Select your parameters and you are done!. "artlawton" wrote: > One of my columns is entitled "Date updated". How do I sort all my excel > rows by this data? Thank you very much... artlawton wrote: > One of my columns is entitled "Date updated". How do I sort all my excel > rows by this data? Thank you very much... Highlight the entire sheet by clicking the square in the upper left hand corner of...

Data Validation Error
I have a spreadsheet with multiple drop down selection boxes setup using Data Validation, which all reference different lists. The problem I have is that one of the dropdown arrows for the validation box is always visable even when the cell is not selected. For the dropdown to work properly, the cell must be selected. I've tried clearing and resetting the Data Validation for this cell, but the dropdown arrow always remains (even when the validation is completely cleared off). Any thoughts on what might be causing this, or how to fix? Is it really a data validation d...

Finding data within a worksheet made up of links
This should be simple, at least I would think so, but I can't find a way to do it. I have a workbook that imports data from another workbook, then populates another sheet with which I produce my output. The output sheet shows all the appropriate date but the cell reference is simply the link to another worksheet. For example: My sheet shows the number 100 but in the cell it reads =otherworkseet!a1 (the source from which the data is extracted. I want to find out how I can use find or a formula to show me every cell that has the 100 in it without converting it to raw da...