Planner in Excel

Hi,
Need your help to create a simple planner in Excel.
I found plenty calendars, nice planners, plain and array formula solutions
but they all appeared to be formatted as normal calendar grid (by weeks) or
dates distributed down the column.
I need dates distributed across the single row with week's numbers and days
above.
Let's say following set up (formatting):
1. Columns 1 and 2 are reserved for project number, project name
2. Row 1 - month name
3. Row 2 - week number (formatted centred for 7 weekdays in row 3)
4. Row 3 - day (Monday-Sunday) repeated only for the actual dates in row 4
5. Row 4 - dates. Always starts from 1 in cell C4 and continue to 28...31
 whatever actual number of days is in the particular month.
Cell A1 could be used to specify the Year we want this planner/calendar for.
If this could be accomplished for one month period on one sheet then 12 sheets
cover the entire Year. Just enter desired year in A1 and Planner is ready!
I will appreciate for ready solution or any advice in these regards.
Thanks.
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The main idea is to set up a single sheet which can be copied as many
times as required, and needing just a single cell changed to show
details of the calendar month required.

I would use the approach of having my "master" cell A1, or whatever,
(as row 1 month name) which would be a date - the first day of a month
formatted as Month/Year.

You then need to set up cells with formulas that directly or indirectly
(via other cells with formulas) refer to this master cell.

Look up 'Date Functions' in Excel Help for more info about what is
available.

---

Thanks. I did it.

How do I copy a paragraph from web page to excel file?
If I try to copy a paragraph from a web site and paste it to an excel worksheet it appear as a continuous one line sentence and not at the paragraph, even if I choose special text. Try using the "wrap text" feature. "Convert94" wrote: > If I try to copy a paragraph from a web site and paste it to an excel > worksheet it appear as a continuous one line sentence and not at the > paragraph, even if I choose special text. Tried the "wrap text". It condensed 22 web page lines to 3 excel lines, so didn't work. I want an exact transfer of te...

EXCEL Column Adjustment
Hi, I'm not sure if this is possible, but any help would be great. I want to add two new columns in between every current column I have now. For example Current: ABCDEFG Desired: A (Space) (Space) B (Space) (Space) C....etc. There are lots and lots of column so the manual add will not be efficient. Thanks for any assistance. William Actually, it might not be too bad. Select columns B:C, then rightclick on the selection and choose Insert Now select E:F and hit F4 (repeat last action) But you could use a macro, too: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim iCol As Long With...

DO YOU HAVE A PLANNER
I AM LOOKING FOR A CALENDER IN PLANNER FORMAT. WITH THE HOURS AND DAYS I've been using Lotus Organizer for years; does the job. -- Don Vancouver, USA "LEO" <LEO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB25E4DA-A0E3-4DD9-87DF-10A45D65C19A@microsoft.com... >I AM LOOKING FOR A CALENDER IN PLANNER FORMAT. WITH THE HOURS AND DAYS ...

Excel document not opening
I recently had a hard drive go sour on me. I was however able to pull the documents off the drive. On one of the files I try to bring up I get an error saying "unable to read file". It sounds like it is corrupt to me. Does anybody know any workarounds to be able to get this document running or at least pull the data off and try to import it into a new document? Thanks in advance, Steve Steve Try recovermyfiles.com for their utility. This will recover lost Office documents. There was a free copy on the December edition of PCPlus magazine in the UK t...

Debt reduction planner vs. budget planner
I am running Money 2002 Standard OEM Edition, version 10.0. I notice that on the "Review Your Current Budget Status" page of the Budget Planner, the amount listed for Debt does not match the total debt listed in the Debt Reduction Planner. This is true for whatever time period is selected. Why don't these figures match? Thanks... I had a similar "problem" like this but I'm not sure if mine is the same as yours. It wasn't really a problem though. In your debt reduction planner, did you add an estimated spending money on one of your accounts? That mig...

Format (excel 2002)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3E26C.86E36260 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable cell A1=3DJim (green) cell A2=3DBob (blue) cell A3=3DJill (red) In cell D10 Ihave: IF(B2>5,A1,A3) How do I get the original format (Color) of A1, A2 or A3 in D10 ?? Thanks. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C3E26C.86E36260 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &l...

New sheets using excel templates
I've made a sheet template in excel. When I open a new file using this template, sheet 1 appears as formated. But when I go to insert a new sheet, a normal blank sheet appears as opposed to the expected formated one. Any ideas? If you want new sheets to be inserted with the same settings, you can create a sheet template. Follow the steps for creating a workbook template, but: -- create a workbook with only one sheet -- save as Sheet.xlt jok666 wrote: > I've made a sheet template in excel. When I open a new file using this > template, sheet 1 appears as formated. But wh...

Error message opening Excel
When I open Excel I get this message: Microsoft Visual Basic Automatic Error Unspecified Error I close the message box and Excel opens okay but runs slow, especially cutting and pasting. The massage appears with any size Excel file. It also appears when I shut down Excel. No other program, Office or otherwise, gives this message. I am running Excel 2002 SP3 under Windows XP SP2. Thanks -- Ed Check out Excel troubleshooting. Specifically the stuff about Startup folders: http://www.theofficeexperts.com/excel.htm#ExcelTroubleshooting **************** Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www...

Basic Error Checking in Excel VB
Hi, I'm running the code: ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PTMonthlyAnalystSalesSA").PivotFields("SA").CurrentPage = ActiveSheet.Range("B1").Value However, occassionally the value I in B1 does not exist in the Pivot Table field "SA" and I get a run time error. I'm not sure how to insert a basic error checking routine that inserts the value "(blank)" when an error occurs. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ra Try this: sub yoursub() On Error Goto ErrFi ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PTMonthlyAnalystSalesSA").PivotFields(&...

In Excel ,
how do I transfer invoices to a sales ledger without typing in each one individually Little short on detail, but VLOOKUP is a handy function for this type of operation. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:44:01 -0800, XL novice <XL novice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how do I transfer invoices to a sales ledger without typing in each one >individually ...

Excel .olb?
Hi, I'm trying to get VC++ to create an Excel file, and was told that part of it would be getting the type library out of the Excel?.olb file. Unfortunately, I cannot find this file on my system (I installed and re-installed Excel). When I dug through my system, I found the following .olb files: VBAEN32.OLB VBAEND32.OLB VEN2232.OLB XL5EN32.OLB (Office10 & Office11) MSACC.OLB MSOUTL.OLB MSPPT.OLB MSWORD.OLB DTE.OLB VSEXT.OLB VBE6EXT.OLB No Excel*.olb, so I tried XL5EN32.OLB (both ones). I used ClassWizard to generate a type library for the file, included it in my project and tried...

excel templates #5
Please can someone tell me where I can find a 32 person knockout tournament excel template ...

Excel
I'm trying to create a "drop down list" but don't know how to validate, define and/or create a source box. Trying to follow the instructions using the "help" featur, but I'm still confused. Thanks! Go to Debra Dalgleish's site: http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html And scroll down to the D's, and there is an entire collection of pages on Data Validation which will show you how to create and manage drop-down boxes using that function. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all corre...

How do I convert a Macintosh version 1 excel file to excel 2003
I was recently recovered a Macintosh Excell version 1.0 file that I would like to use in Excell 2003. In article <164DD2D0-9946-454D-BB9F-7DC6A0A01A19@microsoft.com>, roy678 <roy678@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was recently recovered a Macintosh Excell version 1.0 file that I would > like to use in Excell 2003. I don't know any way other than to use an old version of XL (and I no longer have a machine that will run XL2 or XL3, if I could find them). The XL1 format was obsolete before XL was ported to Windows 18 years ago, so I don't know if even WinX...

Plot Visible Data in Excel 2010
I have grouped columns which are hidden and charts based on those columns don't display the data. I can change this for each chart using the design gtab on the ribbon under the Select Data Option but this is on a chart by chart basis. In previous versions of Excel you could control this generically thought Tools > Options. Can I set this generically in 2010 or do I have to do it for each chart? Regards Andy Win XP Pro Office 2010 ...

Excel and Performance Point
I'd like to use Excel to connect (through Performance Point or not ) to a OLAP database on SQL Server 2005 allowing to the users to modify the figures. Is this possible or Excel act just as a read-only UI of the database? Does anyone has experince on that? Thanks ...

excel file is locked #2
Hi, I have an excel file that is used by multiple users. The file resides on a share folder on a server that is published in DFS. All of a sudden when a user tries to open the file it says that the file is locked. I rebooted all the pcs that access this file including the server the file sits on. I still get the file is locked. any ideas? Thanks Hi Chris! 24 hours and no reply so I'll hazard a guess. Most often with standalone computers this erroneous lock is caused by crashing out of Excel leaving *.tmp files around that makes Excel think that the file is still open. So you might...

Can't get navigation keys to work on Excel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I used to be able to get the navigation keys (the ones with the arrows) to move from cell to cell on Excel. Since I installed Snow Leopard, that just won't happen. Any ideas? Make certain that you have all Office & OS X updates applied as well as any available firmware updates for whatever model of Mac you have. If you're using a 3rd party keyboard check the mfr's site for a driver update. Also, repair disk permissions & restart your Mac. There is no known conflict of that nature - ...

Shared Excel file
Hi, I Want to know, how fourth or more persons could have a permission t read write and modified excel file together. The excel file found on the server Thanks, Michae -- Michael ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Michaelt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1555 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27122 tools>share workbook>editing>allow changes "Michaelt" <Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Michaelt.1ehhi0@excelforum-nospam....

VJA for Excel
Hi NB This mssage is not a flame or a troll. I'll query about something that is probably not on many people's agenda. = We have VBA for Excel, which may be useful and good for its purposes. I, = however, find Basic unappealing -- my opinion. I'm wondering why = Microsoft doesn't support a VJA, or Visual JavaScript (or JScript) for = Applications. Thanks for you kind and short replies! -- KE Probably because the demand is not significant to suggest an RoI -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Ken" ...

Inserting an Excel file into WORD
How do I insert an Excel file into a WORD document? When I try to insert the file the columns are changed & my text is in different rows. ...

Excel problem #4
hi! anyone knows how to perform the following tasks in excel? I'm not very familiar with excel features. Can anyone help me on how can that be done? 1) i want to link cells in sheet1 to sheet2, meaning that when i key in a value in one of the cell in sheet1, that value will also be displayed on sheet2. 2) from that sheet2, if i already got a list of cells with values there. I would like excel to automatically sort the value(numeric) in ascending order. So that i can plot a paretto chart. Thks! ...

Excel : insert new data series via mouse click on graphic.
Dear Developers, I work as researcher in a sector that uses spatial data. i always return back to excel, honouring Turing principle, after "travelling" to more sophisticated Sw or ambients (like matlab, and others). One of the few thing I find annoyng in excel is that one cannot input data via graphic with a click of mouse on the cartesian space, function very useful in spatial data. Sincerely ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button ...

how do i use colours with formulas in excel?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet of results using formulas and I want to have cells highlighted depending on the outcome in different colours ie pass (green) fail (red) etc format>conditional formatting> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "RINNY" <RINNY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3A9B2D2-13C7-4AD6-8C43-0360E20A89F0@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a spreadsheet of results using formulas and I want to > have cells highlighted depending on the outcome in different colours ie pass > (green) fail (red) etc It w...

XIRR in Excel 2004?
How can XIRR be done in Excel 2004 for Mac (v. 11.0)? XIRR is not listed in the built-in Functions dialog. Is there an equivalent function in Mac XC 2004/v11? Thank you. Keys88 - For pre-Mac-2008 and pre-Windows-2007, the XIRR function is part of the Analysis ToolPak add-in. To see whether it's installed, check the Mac Excel 2004 Tools menu to see if there's a Data Analysis item. If not, check Tools | Add-ins to see if Analysis ToolPak is listed. If so, check the box and click OK. If it's not listed, install it from the Excel/Office CD. - Mike http:...