PivotTable page field list- limiting what a user sees

Folks, I am creating an automotive Winter & All Season Tire listing.
What I would like to provide from a pivottable is, from 3 page field
items a user picks;
1) Type (Winter or All Season)
2) Rim size (13,14,15,16,17 or 18 inch)
3) a list of only those tires which meet the above

What I am getting now from the drop dwon lists is;
1) Type works fine
2) shows 13,14,15,16,17,18 and then repeats 13,14,15,16,17,18
3) shows all tires sizes (which is above 30 items long instead of about
4-5)

Any thoughts on how this might be done with VB etc.

0
laingds (6)
9/25/2005 9:17:13 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Inches not an option in page setup
I want to use inches not points to set margins, but that option is no longer available. Don't know when or how it changed. But I'd like get back that option. Can anyone help me change the page setup default to go back to inches? Thanks In all versions there is an Options setting to select units of measurements, but the location depends on version. It's on the General tab of Tools | Options in Word 2003 and earlier; in Word 2007 I think it's buried somewhere in Office Button | Word Options | Advanced. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Ty...

word page view: can't resize window + blank at bottom
I fairly often get glitches when viewing Word doc's in page view mode. What is most irritating is that I am not allowed to resize the window; plus, there is a little blank rectangle at bottom that takes up ~1/5 of the page. When this happens, pagination is not shown at bottom as well. Any recommendations on whether I should e.g. trash certain files and retry? (I trashed prefs, to little avail.) It also seems to be related to specific doc's emailed to me, generally from Windows machines, but not exclusively so. Thanks, Jim P. Really, haven't a clue. This sounds very unfamili...

List Control Box in MFC
I am working on making a control box with MFC and I have a CStringArray in which I have all the file names stored.. Can anyone help me with where i can find code for making the controlbox. thanks in advance UMR_Smoker Do you mean a ListBox? What code? Why not use the resource editor to insert a ListBox. You can populate it using CListBox::AddString in OnInitDialog(if its a dialog app). ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com UMR_Smoker wrote: > I am working on making a control box with MFC and I have a CStringArray > in which I have all the file names stored.. Can anyone help ...

Cannot access User Group properties
version 2003- recently when I go into properties of a user, I get the following error message: Could not prepare property pages because: Interface not registered. It then opens the property page. ...

How to save an Exel-sheet with over 10,000 list-/validation-field.
I need to build a Exel sheet with much mor than 10,000 list-/validatin-fields, but when I try to save this I get the message: Microsoft couldn't save all data and formats you added to ******.xls. Is there any possibility to change something in a registry or a variable or something else to get exel to save larger sheets? Please help ...

Counting yes/no fields with differrent names
Hello, I have a database that contains the following fields, some of which (all fields starting with Page_) are selected via check marks; ID, Date_Received, Site_Number, Subject_Number, Subject_Initials, Page_1, Page_2, Page_3, Page_4, Page_5, Page_6, Page_7, Page_8, Page_9, Page_10_A, Page_10_B, Page_10_C, Page_10_D, Page_10_E, Page_11_A, Page_11_B, Page_11_C, Page_11_D, Page_11_E, Page_12, Page_13_A, Page_13_B, Page_13_C, Page_13_D, Page_13_E My intentions are to provide a total page count for each subject. My problem is that I am not really sure on how to accomplish this. Any th...

PivotTable
Hi, Is it possible in some way to fix the structure of a pivot table in excel or even in Access so that I have a familiar layout even though the data may vary from differences in the data. By implication, thefore to show empty colums/rows somehow. This is very important to my situation. I couldn't think of any way of changing the format of the pivet tables. However to solve your problem, you could have your own format in a different sheet (within the same file) and link the pivet table using VLOOKUP( formula to get the numbers to the right place. You could use refresh data to upda...

Page Count
I thought Excel used to display the number of pages with data on the bottom status bar. I that option gone or is it only in Word? -- pk Excel has never, in my memory, given that information on the status bar. Perhaps you once had some code that gave you a page count. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 15:01:02 -0800, "pkferret" <pkferret@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I thought Excel used to display the number of pages with data on the bottom >status bar. I that option gone or is it only in Word? ...

Copy page from one Publisher document to another Publisher documen
I want to copy a series of pages from one Publisher document to another. Better yet, I'd like to link them, so I only have to maintain one file for a subset of pages. I do this in Excel...why not Publisher? Publisher is a DTP program and it functions well for what it was designed to do. Word maybe a better choice for you. Long documents are easier to manage and can be linked. You can copy/paste Publisher pages from one document to another. There is a method here as well. http://msauer.mvps.org/combining_publisher_documents.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ...

How do you print Exel gridlines on the entire page ?
I am trying to create a form in Excel. I have the heading & column names. But I need the gridlines to appear where no text has been entered. Then you must add borders, or put some content in the cells. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "ndwilsonnorwin" <ndwilsonnorwin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58D0570B-6644-49C7-BD15-8CD25133E6A3@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a form in Excel. I have the heading & column names. > But I need the gridlines to appear where no text has been entered. Or just set the print area (FIle/...

Outlook Repeatedly asks for user name and password
Help! I've been all over the net trying to find a fix for this. I am using Outlook 2002. Windows XP. I have five POP email accounts set up. One of the accounts repeatedly asks me to enter my username and password - it will not retain it. Does anyone know how to fix this? It's driving me crazy!! Thanks. Take a look here, it may help: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290684 "someonelikeyou" <allyscout@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1169578303.010739.86750@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Help! I've been all over the net trying to fin...

Modifier fields missing?
In V7.5 many forms contained hidden checkboxes for 'SaveRecord' and 'DisplayExistingRecord'. I'm not seeing these in V9.0. Without them, how do I know when a record being loaded or saved? Scott, They are still there on version 9.0. Go to the Layout menu from the Modifier form and click Show Invisible Fields. With Dexterity it's difficult to remove fields or resources without affecting integrted products so Microsoft won't to through the process of removing those items. -- Lorren Consulting Technology Lead WennSoft Inc. The views or opinions expressed ...

Duplicate pages #2
Bs'd Hi Every body! I'm trying to make a web site... where I want the same body design in all of them, but when I'm tryin to modify the other duplicated pages, instead of changing just one page, it changes all the rest. How do I make possible to modify the rest of the duplicated pages, without modifying all of them!? I'd really appreciate any suggestions! Thanks in advance! Sheila ...

Return to the last accessed cell in a multiple paged file at reent
I have an Excel file at work that I did not create, with multible tabs (pages). Hyperlinks from the main page take me to the sub-pages. Some of the sub-pages open to the last accessed cell on that page, some take me to the top of that page. What can I do to make all pages open to the last accessed cell? ...

Page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page
Hello. What do I do with my page numbers when I have 2 section breaks in 1 page. -(Page) at (SectionPages)- Right now it says 1 to 1 beacause of the section breaks. I would like it to be 1 to 5 ex. My problem is that I have a title which is framed in 2 section breaks. Im doing this because I write in columns and i dont want the title to be in columns-format. The problem is so, that it counts the title of an independent section and confuse the page number. How do I get it to count for a single section? Please Help Instead of using section breaks around the title, I would pro...

How do I set a custom page size in Excel
I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japan where they use metric size papers. This is fine if I want to use B5/A4/A5 size paper, but what I'm looking for is B4 or A1 or some of those other sized papers. Why won't Excel let me set custom page size dimensions since it doesn't have a preset for these sizes? Ben, I usually set my current printer to one that has the paper siz required, then the sheet size is simply selected from there. Ben Swift Wrote: > I have the US version of MS Office 2003, but I'm now living in Japa > where > the...

MS Publisher
If I create an A4 page in Publisher but then deside that I wanted to actually print it on A5 paper, the pictures and text boxes do not automatically resize when I change "Page Setup" from the file menu. MS Word does this automatically - it seems long winded to have to manually change the size of each text and picture frame to make it fit. Any answers. Reduce it on a photocopier or scanner. Some printers have the option to do that in the printer driver settings. Most quality printers like Canon and Kyocera have that feature. -- Hi Mike Harris (harrismkpn@yahoo.co.uk), i...

calculated fields in a report
i have a database which measures the level of toner cartridges we have in stock. A report shows the printer, cartridge, opening stock, ordered, allocated, total in stock, reorder level and a calculated field to give =[Total In Stock]-[reorderlevel]. This all works fine. I want to display a check box that is true if the number calculated field result is 1 or less and false if it is 2 or more. I want the source of the check box to be the calculated field The calculated field name is [balance] and the check box is [re- order?] I know this can be done with code but i can't work it out. t...

Making a large field
I need to make a set of 175,000 numbers. Is there a way to avoid pulling the cells to get this great set of numbers. I would hope that I could just type first no. & last no. & specify the range? Thank You in Advance. P.S. The advice re: the dashed no.'s. worked perfectly! -- vince nemi What do you intend to do with these numbers. The maximum number of rows on a worksheet is 65536, so you can't store them all in a single column. If you want them in a VBA array, use code like Dim Arr(1 To 175000) As Long Dim N As Long For N = 1 To 175000 Arr(N) = N Next N -- Cord...

Create multiple owner fields?
Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to track the users who is working with an account. I know only own owner field is supported, but is it poosible to have one owner field and custom fields using the lookup dialog to map more users? // Mats Have you looked at creating a custom entity. Then have a Many to One relationship to user and a Many to One relationship to Account. "Langer" wrote: > > > Is it possibel to create multiple owner fields in a form. We need to > track the users who is working with an account. I know only own o...

pivottables
hi, I created a pivot from a dataset. This was no problem at all. In a later stadium I changed the recordset where the pivottable is based on. For example i replaced all the records containing pete into mike in the column <NAME>. When refreshing the pivot it now contains both mike and pete. Pete is redundant, because i no longer exists. How do I get rid of it?. lennie Hi Just drag the field out of the Pivot Table, then do a Refresh, then drag it back again -- Regards Roger Govier "lennert" <lennertpronk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140180768.525075.3081...

Does anyone know the PivotTable Refresh Event? #2
Thank you Debra it worked fine for me -- JohnD'Eli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JohnD'Elia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1531 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26930 You're welcome. Thanks for letting me know that it worked. JohnD'Elia wrote: > Thank you Debra it worked fine for me. > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Multiple Pages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you create multiple pages in a word document without using columns. Example: putting 2 pages per sheet or using book fold. I can't seem to find it on the mac version of word. I know I have used it on PC. I find it easier to get the printer software to do this. Check the detailed settings of your printer driver to print this way. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 18/03/10 17:43, mjmortensen@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) How do you > crea...

PM Field
Hello, I am doing some work with PM30200, the Payables Paid Transaction History table. The table contains a field called CNTRLTYP (Control Type) that contains an integer. It appears to be used when say an invoice and an unrelated payment have the same voucher number. I believe that this happens when the voucher number and payment number are identical even though the transactions are not related, as when both numbering sequences have the same starting point, ie.. 000000001. It appears that a similar field, by the same name, is used in numerous tables throughout GP. Can anyone confirm my assu...

how do i create hoizontal areas on a page in publisher
Draw some lines? Seriously, use the big white space to explain what you want. I cannot gain any clue from the 11 words you have posted as to what you want. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org The OP could just create a vertical area and rotate it 90�. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message news:ueCGcHfUHHA.4668@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Draw some lines? > > Seriously, use the big white space to explain what you w...