Pivots: Grouping two fields (year, month)

My pivot table contains two fields I need grouped: "Fiscal Year" and
"Fiscal Month." Both field are numeric, not dates. The grouping would
be like this:

Fiscal Year (2003) and Fiscal Months (9-12)
GROUPED WITH
Fiscal Year (2004) and Fiscal Months (1-3)

Is there a quick way to do this within the pivot? If you group the
"months", the table groups all the months regardless of
"year"....can't figure this one out.

TIA...
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

John,

The easiest way would be to have another column in your data table
indicating the desired grouping: you could use a formula to do it, given
starting and ending dates.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"John" <soundneedle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My pivot table contains two fields I need grouped: "Fiscal Year" and
> "Fiscal Month." Both field are numeric, not dates. The grouping would
> be like this:
>
> Fiscal Year (2003) and Fiscal Months (9-12)
> GROUPED WITH
> Fiscal Year (2004) and Fiscal Months (1-3)
>
> Is there a quick way to do this within the pivot? If you group the
> "months", the table groups all the months regardless of
> "year"....can't figure this one out.
>
> TIA...

0
Bernie

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Comparing data between two columns
I have a worksheet with two columns that I need to compare data between. I need to see what is different between one column and the next. There are number and letter values in the column and about 180+ rows. The information is scattered throughout the cells so there is no way to filter and check row by row. The columns look like this: July April MP123456789 MP555555559 MP987654321 MP666 H1258 MP789456123 MP00000 H89 MP987123654 MP123456789 I need something that would tell me that all of the above valu...

Deliver new mail to two different .pst files.

Create custom outline numbering in Word (like names of months).
To create an agenda of activities by month, I have to turn off the bulleting to type in the names of the months and then turn it on again to list the activities. I would like to be able to create a custom list that Word could pull from when I select my numbering style (so it would appear with "1, 2, 3" and "I, II, III" and the rest). I would then be able to create custom lists for the months of the year, or department names within our division, or employee names within a department, to make agendas that much easier to create. ---------------- This post...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

What is the logic having ItemID mandatory in Field Service Equipem
Why MS done this. I wanted to implement field service with GP in automotive industry, and mapping the equipment as customer vehicle but the probelm is that everytime I create vehicle record I have to also create the item. Thing If I have 100000 vehicles (equipemnts) then same items I have to create. Secondly what will be type of item, can be just have only Vehicle (Equipment) and not having item. Microsoft what is the logic behind this and none of the document state why it is like that. ...

Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy
In on domain i have problem with one user. If i sen i mail to that user i get the folowing error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ******* Sent: 4.7.2005 10:42 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ******* ****** on 4.7.2005 10:42 A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. Contact your administrator. <exchange.domain.local #5.1.4> And i get the error in event log : vent T...

join multiple pivot tables?

Synchronising Two Instances of Outlook Via PocketPC (ActiveSync)
Win2kPro SP4, Outlook 2002 SP3, ActiveSync 3.7, PocketPC CE V3.0 I synchronise calendar, contacts and notes between two PCs via my PocketPC. The work computer uses Exchange and therefore meetings have invitations to other people in the organisation. The home computer is stand-alone. On syncronising, all meetings with invitations become unresolved in the sync process with the following message: "Microsoft Outlook does not recognize "[my Exchange name]". ...If you used a comma to separate several addresses: click Cancel, change the commas to semicolons, and try to send again.&qu...

Help with pivot table

Group box, option button and cell reference
I need option buttons across six rows. I need the user to only have one option PER row. Help feature says to place option buttons into a Group Box but I can't figure out how to do that. It also says to have cell reference???? Any suggestions? If you use the option buttons from the Forms toolbar rather than the Controls toolbar, you can place them inside a group box (also from the forms toolbar). Right-click the option button and choose Format control. In the control tab, enter a cell reference to contain the value of the option button(which will be 1-6 for 6 buttons within the ...

MSCRM Contact-Account Name Integration to Outlook Contacts-Account Name Field
Folks, I have a prospective customer that does heavy duty synching from Outlook to his Palm PDA... He doesn't want to buy any add on's right now... Is there a work around that will push the Account Name Field of MSCRM into the Contact's Company Name Field when the go offline and synch. This information is helpful otherwise all mscrm contacts do not have a company name associated with the Contact in Outlook Contacts... Any help is appreciated. Regards, Bob Bob, You're not alone. Check out my inquiry titled 'Importing Outlook Contacs' about 6 pages ago. ...

How to enable the OLE button in the note field?
Hello, We are using GP8. For some users, the "note" field on invoices contains an OLE button and for others it does not. They use the OLE button to attached scanned imaged of PO's. Where do I enable this button for the other users? Thanks in advance. Charlie The OLE PATH in your DEX.ini should be pointing to a directory that is not a unc. Try creating a map to the driver where you save your attachment and change the OLEPATH in the dex ini using the mapped drived. "Charles Kerekes" wrote: > Hello, > > We are using GP8. For some users, the "note&q...

How do I create a calendar with the months I need?
I am trying to create a calendar for October 2005 thru December 2006 to post vacation times onto? Have you looked at the Calendar Wizard that comes with Word? It will create the calendar for you, then believe you can add the vacation information manually. On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 10:28:06 -0700, gottpd <gottpd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to create a calendar for October 2005 thru December 2006 to post >vacation times onto? ...

Finding users that belong to a certain storage group
All, I have a storage group with a database offline because of errors. I don't really care because there were a lot of non-essential users in that storage group, I just don't remember which ones. We have a LOT of users in AD, and it would be difficult at best to open up the properties of each user to see which storage group they belong to. Is there an easier way? Thanks, Pair Probably the quickest way is to dump the directory to a text file using LDIFDE. You could also using the Active Directory Users and Computers "Find" feature and do a custom search. -- Ji...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

line column Pivot Charts

grouping highlighted rows
I have a spreadsheet consisting of 100 rows, with 11 columns in each. Different rows are highlighted via "conditional formatting" according to number ranges in some of the cells. I wish to have the highlighted rows move to the top of the list, that is if conditions are met to highlight a row that row would move to the top of the spreadsheet joining all other highlighted rows. I would want the highlighted rows to be sorted alphabetically, followed by the non-highlighted rows sorted alphabetically. Typically there are approximately 15 to 30 out of 100 rows that are highlighte...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...