Pivote table adding Fileds

Dear All Happy new year
I had creat pivote table on table that was exported from Access (it was
exported from query that based on relation beteen tabled ) ,if i make
refreshing data on the same filds the new data will be refrexhed withot
any problem , but when i add new filds in the query and exported again
(with the same name and the same orginal fields but with one or two
more additional fileds ) if i make refresh he can get and match the old
filds but not the new filds , so i can not add this filds to the pivote
table unless i restart the pivote table from the start ,
MY Question is , is there any way i can add these new filds to  my
prevouse pivote table withpout restart it from the biging ( i mean to
start making this pivote from zero)

Please Help me

Thanks

Jena

--
jena
jena's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29936

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Wizard
Click the Back button
Click the Get Data button
In the Query Wizard, click the + beside the query that you used.
Select the new fields in the list, and click the > button, to move them
to the list at the right.
Click Next, three times, then click Finish.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
12/29/2005 4:11:42 AM
Dear Debra Dalgleish

Thank you a lot that really work and help me strongly in my work ,it
save me time thanks again :)

--
jena
jena's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29936
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496367

Dear Debra Dalgleish

Thank you a lot that really work and help me strongly in my work ,it
save me time thanks again
:)

Debra Dalgleish Wrote:
> Right-click a cell in the pivot table, and choose PivotTable Wizard
> Click the Back button
> Click the Get Data button
> In the Query Wizard, click the + beside the query that you used.
> Select the new fields in the list, and click the > button, to move
> them
> to the list at the right.
> Click Next, three times, then click Finish.
>

> jena wrote:
> > Dear All Happy new year
> > I had creat pivote table on table that was exported from Access (it
> was
> > exported from query that based on relation beteen tabled ) ,if i
> make
> > refreshing data on the same filds the new data will be refrexhed
> withot
> > any problem , but when i add new filds in the query and exported
> again
> > (with the same name and the same orginal fields but with one or two
> > more additional fileds ) if i make refresh he can get and match the
> old
> > filds but not the new filds , so i can not add this filds to the
> pivote
> > table unless i restart the pivote table from the start ,
> > MY Question is , is there any way i can add these new filds to  my
> > prevouse pivote table withpout restart it from the biging ( i mean
> > start making this pivote from zero)
> >
> > Please Help me
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jena
> >

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

jena
jena's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29936
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496367

You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that it worked.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

0
dsd1 (5911)

Displaying Image(RGB888 data ) (buffered data ,not from file) on a Dialog box
Hi, I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver I want to display it on the window I tried with CreateBitmap(320,240,1,24,NULL); but it is not working How can i proceed Thanks See if this will help http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q94326.aspx#appliesto AliR. <darshan.tapdia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155227161.797014.51780@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box > > I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver > > I want ...

adding a '+' in front of a positive number
Hello all, anyone know how to make a '+' sign show up in front of a positive number? also, if there is no 'clean' way to do it, how do you concatenate a text string with an equation (i.e., something like '=A1+A12') thanks, Mike Use a custom format like +0.00;-0.00;0.00 ="Text string"&TEXT(A1+A12,"format") so using the custom format ="Text string"&TEXT(A1+A12,"+0.00;-0.00;0.00") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "mike" <mike_newsgroups@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:11180959...

viewing/adding in a form
I have a form in tabular format with all of these fields, and then all the data from a table. Now, when i scroll to the bottom, the last record has an asterisk (*) and all the fields in that last record are blank, so that you could add a new record through there. How can I have this removed so no editing/adding could be done in this form? Change the following properties of your form: Allow Additions = false Allow Edits = false -- HTH Mr B "TheRafterMan" wrote: > I have a form in tabular format with all of these fields, and then all the > data from a table. Now, ...

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Pivot Tables

FILE MISSING
I had just finished working on a file (saved) before diverting to another thing. I was amazed to see that all the file content had disappeared while the file name remained . Ive tried all I could to open it to no avail. Kindly assist me urgently. My regards, Sodamola Are you saying that you can't open the file? If so what is the error message you get? if you mean that you can open the file but it is empty it is impossible, maybe you saved the file when your cursor was not in the area with the data then it will open at the same spot. Press ctrl + home to take you to A1 and see if ...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Changing a file name
Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? "hamishd" <Hamish.Dean@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1179372807.798486.245460@q75g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Say I have a file, TestFile.exe... I want to programmatically change > it's filename to TestFile2.exe (and delete the original). Is this > possible using MFC? Or do i have to use dos commands? > Use the rename() function in the C-RTL. -- David This i...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

AD account
Created new AD account then created Exchange mailbox for account. After 24 hours, the AD account still has no email address associtaed with it. Tried reapplying the Recipient UPdate Policy - still no luck. Can't send mail to this account, also does not show up in the GAL. Any thoughts? You should check the Recipient Update Service. -- Greetings, Hans Sleurink MCSA, MCSE 2000 "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ddb901c423c2$f3e58770$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Created new AD account then created Exchange mailbox for > account. After 2...

Incorrect file versions?
I recently installed MSCRM 3.0 on a Windows 2003 R2 SP2 Server. Then, I installed CRM Update Rollup 2. I noticed today that many of my file versions are still 3.0.5300.0. If I go to HELP->ABOUT MICROSOFT CRM from the Web or Outlook Client, is says Microsoft CRM 3.0 (3.0.5300.0). Is this correct? Also, the SQL database shows the correct revision in the build table. Everything seems to work OK - and I am running the V3C Client. OK - I have found several posts with similar issues. I guess the only question I have is regarding the version info shown on Help->About. Should i...

Using formulas for pivot table

outlook 2002 .pst files
I am trying to make a back up of my outlook information. I hake read http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm I can not find any pst files on my machine win-xp pro. I hate to be so dense, but when I do a search no files to display. What am I not doing. Sammy Castagna You need to configure Windows Explorer to show you all hidden/system files. Once that is done and the next time you do a search, you need to go into the advanced options of searching for files/folders and configure it to show hidden/system folders. (Part 1 is done under Tool | Folder Options | View tab) -- Neo [MVP Outlo...

Using HTTP request to POST XML files?
Hi Sorry if this is posted in the wrong group but I'm brand new to this area. Basically I've got to post some XML documents to an external server using HTTP web request (POST, not GET) and be able to receive files back. I've got the XML file generated and checked over, but I just dont know how to go about the post process. I've got a feeling I'm supposed to create a form in my ASP application with an action which points at the URL I've got for the external server, but I don't know how to "attach" the XML files I'm sending. Do I need to embed the files ...

Change in File size
Hi, One workbook has 4 sheets size of file is approxiamtly 1 MB after erasing 3 sheets and saving the size of file with one sheet (tables-1 left) is 744 KB only I then copy that sheet (tables-1) to another workbook that has other sheets the size of the whole workbook was only 490 KB. Is there a reason for this? Actually this happens a lot with me. When I copy on sheet from one open workbook to another open workbook the size of the file copyed to goes up to 3 times larger in size. Can any one help ? On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 20:34:04 +0300, "Khalil Handal" <khhandal@stthom.edu>...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

PDF file #2

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...