Pivot tables merging data on two sheets (Office 2007)

Hi,

I have invoices sent on one worksheet and payments received on
another.

I'd like to do a Pivot table which would be capable of doing a summary
of what each account owes.

At the moment I do a pivot table on the invoices sheet and another
pivot table on the payments sheet, then I copy and special paste as
values these pivot tables together into another table, subtract one
from the other and then I've got a nice summary of outstanding amounts
for all accounts.

Its a really messy way to go about doing it!

Would it be possible to do one pivot table incorporating both sheets
of data and have a calculated field showing the difference between the
two?

Thanks in advance.

Travis

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Can you enter all the data on one worksheet, with a column to indicate
if the transaction is a payment or invoice?
Then, create a pivot table from that combined data.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

Displaying Image(RGB888 data ) (buffered data ,not from file) on a Dialog box
Hi, I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver I want to display it on the window I tried with CreateBitmap(320,240,1,24,NULL); but it is not working How can i proceed Thanks See if this will help http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_Q94326.aspx#appliesto AliR. <darshan.tapdia@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155227161.797014.51780@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > Hi, > > I want to Display the Picture on a dialog box > > I have the Image(RGB888) data Which is taken from the driver > > I want ...

Outlook's Out of office assistant
When turning on Outlook's Out of office Assistant, Internally I get response from Out of office, however no response to the outside world. Has anyone seen this yet? Ed "Ed Hiatt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1445201c444cd$6bb7d250$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When turning on Outlook's Out of office Assistant, > > Internally I get response from Out of office, however no > response to the outside world. > > Has anyone seen this yet? > > Ed It's the default setting. Admins tend to be very reluctant to turn the inter...

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Mortgage Loan Principal & Interest splits incorrect- Money 2007
I discovered that my mortgage loan amortization schedule is incorrect in Money 2007 even though the terms are correct in the wizard. How do you correct this? I can go back and manually correct the old transactions splits (with much time) but how do you correct going forward? I double checked the terms of the loan in the wizard and they appear to be correct? -- Ron Ron D | 12/14/2008 | 4:02:00 PM wrote: >I discovered that my mortgage loan amortization schedule is incorrect >in Money 2007 even though the terms are correct in the wizard. How do >you correct this? I can go back and...

Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy
In on domain i have problem with one user. If i sen i mail to that user i get the folowing error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ******* Sent: 4.7.2005 10:42 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ******* ****** on 4.7.2005 10:42 A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. Contact your administrator. <exchange.domain.local #5.1.4> And i get the error in event log : vent T...

join multiple pivot tables?

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

Help with pivot table

moving data dynamically based on empty cell
I have a data sheet that looks like this... col a col b abc 10 20 45 efg 5 18 10 I need it to look like this... col a col b abc 10 abc 20 abc 45 efg 5 efg 18 efg 10 since there is no consistency to the number of rows in col b with data, i have to come up with a formula that is dynamic The file has 20,000 rows so doing it manually is not the way to go. Thanks Give this macro a try... Sub FillInTheBlanks() Dim Area As Range, LastRow As Long Const ColLetter As String = "A&...

Merge Cells, but keep backgrounds
In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all the same color)? No Try Center Across Selection and avoid merged cells whenever possible. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 30 May 2009 09:16:12 -0700 (PDT), "dan@danirwin.net" <dan@danirwin.net> wrote: >In excell 2003 is there a way to merge cells so the text spans them >all, but keep the current background of the cells (which are not all >the same color)? Is there a way to center across selection vertically or just horizonta...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Converting Year to Date Data to Month to Date
I have the following problem: I havea production table of all my agents the production comes in as a download each month but it is in Year to date totals. I would like to know how I change the data so that it is showing month to date production. i have changed the data to cross tab with the date as the column headings. The I created a select query and subtracted Jan from Feb to get the Feb production. I need to get this data in a normalized table formate with the Production date in one column and the monthly production in a second column. Thanks in advance for any help Use a subq...

Outlook 2007 No Ribbon
For some reason Outlook shows menu bars instead of the ribbon, I like the ribbon and want it in Outlook, why doesn't it show up? Henry Because it wasn't included in the main Outlook window. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Henry Hicks asked: | For some reason Outlook shows menu bars instead of the ribbon, I like | the ribbon and want it in Outlook, why doesn't it show up? |=20 | Henry Henry ...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Data validation and empty cells
range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,operator:=xlBetween How to avoid empty entries in drop down box if some of cell from A1:A7 are empty? Thanks Sort A1:A7 so that the empties are at the bottom and use =OFFSET($A$1,,,COUNT($A$1:$A$7),1) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Kris" <witek7205@spam.gazeta.pl.invalid> wrote in message news:do75sd$8a4$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= > "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,oper...

Problems with a XP database in 2007
I developed a database in XP that worked fine in XP and 2003 Access versions (all machines are running Win XP SP2). The problem occurs in a form that queries a recordset to assign a new record number (all through code). The steps are as follows: 1. The user opens the form and goes to a new record (the form is bound). 2. The user then populates the form as needed and clicks on Save (custom command button). 3. The Save button runs code that checks if the ID is null. If the ID is null, it opens a recordset looking for the last record and adds 1 to create a new record number (primary key). ...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...