Pivot Table Request

I tried to make a Pivot Table do the following:

"Show me the right value - copy the value to a Temporarily worksheet"

I tried the code shown below. How ever it keeps on giving me the same error
in:

ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").AddFields RowFields:="",
ColumnFields:="Activity", PageFields:="ARF Code"

Does someone see the error? Thanks in Advance!

Sub Get_DATA_ARF()
Dim cLastRow As Long
Dim i As Long
Dim iPos As Long
k = Sheets("LookUp").Range("AM1").Value

Windows("Kostenbeheerssysteem.xls").Activate
Sheets("Table Combi").Select
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim pf As PivotField
Dim pi As PivotItem
Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1)

    For Each pf In pt.DataFields
       pf.Orientation = xlHidden
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").AddFields RowFields:="",
ColumnFields:="Activity", PageFields:="ARF Code"
With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("Hours")
..Orientation = xlDataField
..Caption = "Sum of Hours"
..Function = xlSum
End With
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields("ARF Code").CurrentPage =
"" & k & ""
   Next pf

With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3")
    .ColumnGrand = False
    .RowGrand = False
End With

Sheets.Add.Name = "Temp"

With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3")
    Sheets("Temp").Range("A1").Value = pf.Value
End With
End Sub

0
Jasper (60)
4/25/2005 2:27:27 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Do you have two pivot tables on the Table Combi sheet? If not, replace
all the references to ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3") with pt

In the line where you get the error, remove:  RowFields:="",

In the last few lines:

   With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3")
       Sheets("Temp").Range("A1").Value = pf.Value
   End With

pf would be Nothing, so you won't get a value on the Temp sheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Tables

Suppress parameters request
Hi, I need to execute a batch of queries (read from a file) and log the errors in another file. Im using the DoCmd.RunSQL command, but when a query is not correct (for example, missing quotes) Access stop the macro processing and ask for the missing parameter. Is it possible to suppress this behaviour and just have an error as result of the wrong query? I've already tried with DoCmd.SetWarnings False but this seems not to work. I'm using Access 2000. Thanks. Rather than using RunSQL, try using the Execute method of the Database object, with a parameter of dbFailOnError. T...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation #5
Hi, I have some people at Earthlink email addresses complaining that their email to users on my Exchange 2003 are bouncing back with the following error: > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed: > > user@mydomain.com > SMTP error from remote mailer after end of data: > host mail.mydomain.com [my IP Address]: 552 Requested mail action aborted: > exceeded storage allocation However there are no restricitons on the mailboxes and at the most I have it set so...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Using HTTP request to POST XML files?
Hi Sorry if this is posted in the wrong group but I'm brand new to this area. Basically I've got to post some XML documents to an external server using HTTP web request (POST, not GET) and be able to receive files back. I've got the XML file generated and checked over, but I just dont know how to go about the post process. I've got a feeling I'm supposed to create a form in my ASP application with an action which points at the URL I've got for the external server, but I don't know how to "attach" the XML files I'm sending. Do I need to embed the files ...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

Recurring password requests
Whenever Outlook 2007 is running, it repeatedly asks me for the network password. i searched this forum yesterday and found a previous response from Patricia Cardoza, MVP and followed the instructions, though it was for Outlook 2002. I got into the registry and found the HKEY for Protected Storage System Provider. The instructions said to click Yes in the warning message dialog box, but there is only 1 (though 4 identities were listed) and all the boxes were grayed. I've re-entered the password in Tools/accounts and in Control Panel/ Mail, all to no avail. What do I do now, ...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...

Opening a window(form) with VBA / storing data in a separate table
Hi all, First Question---- I have a third party application (Additional Inventory Fields in the ActNow series from Hawk Mountain) that currently is accessed from the Extra menu while in item maintenance. I have added a button to the item maintenance form and I am trying to figure our what VBA code I need to put in so that when the user clicks on the button that it launches the form that is currently accessed via the menu. This is not currently a VBA form but the window that comes with the application. I have tried to put an "OnUserChanged" event on the button with a FormName.Open...

Auto filter and Pivot Table
Is it possible to auto filter data, and use it as input to a Pivot table? When I run a test where I first auto filter, I initially had 20000 rows, and the auto filter reduced it to 12000 rows. But when I go to crearte a pivot table on the filtered data, I am back to a total record count of 20000. Am I combining apples and oranges? If so, is there a way to filter data, before it gets inputed to a Pivot table? -- RandyLewisKemp ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RandyLewisKemp's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&use...