Hello:
I have created a pivot table which has a one subgroup in the second
column from the left. It uses the Top 10 option, so there are 10
subgroups

So my data looks something like this:

Group 1                          50
   Subgroup 1a              10
   Subgroup 1b              40
   Eight more subgroups

Group 2                          30
  Subgroup 2a               20
  Subgroup 2b               10
  Eight more subgroups

What I would like to do is sort by THe totals for Group 1, but then
also sort by the subgroups, based on the values for each subgroup
(similar to the "Sort by, then by.." option in a normal table).

So, the top 10 Groups will show up at the top, and then the subgroups
will also be sorted descending.

Does anyone know how I can accomplish this?

Thanks for any suggestions
0
js2k111 (48)
5/3/2008 12:33:26 AM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Protecting a Worksheet but ability to Sort
Does anyone know if you can protect a worksheet so other users cannot change the contents of the cells, but still allow them to sort the worksheet? I have tried everything to get this to work, but to no avail. Thank you, Toni Maybe you could put a button from the forms toolbar on the worksheet. Assign a macro to that button that 1. unprotects the worksheet 2. sorts the data 3. reprotects the worksheet Toni wrote: > > Does anyone know if you can protect a worksheet so other > users cannot change the contents of the cells, but still > allow them to sort the worksheet?...

MS XML DOM question
Hello, Do MS XML DOM's functions lock files when XML is being read/written from/to it. Thanks a lot in advance. Regards, Mark. ...

Out of Office question #2
A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 environment). He wants this because sometimes his workers are away or forget to set the Out Of Office messages, and so overseas clients sometimes don't know why they are not getting a reply. Is that possible, to set one message for the entire company without doing it individually? Thanks for your thoughts. Jo Jo wrote: > A company manager wants to set Out of Office messages for ALL users > before holidays in an international business. (Exchange 2000 ...

A stupid Question?
I am a beginner of mfc. Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others thx a lot^^ Open both the projects together in the workspace. Now drag the resources between projects as needed. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "adams" <a@a.com> wrote in message news:bogk5k$fkm$1@justice.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk... | I am a beginner of mfc. | Here i have a question on how can i export a dialog from a project to others | thx a lot^^ | | i can't drag the resources between two opened project can you expand in detail thank a lot "Ajay K...

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Wierd Forward question in Outlook 2000
I had a user complaint today that really got me thinking. Here's the situation: User A sends an email to User B B forwards email only to User C B receives an email back from A regarding forward to C before C reads the message. I make two assumptions here, based on what I know about users B and C: 1) User C did not have a rule set up to forward email to A (No way he would do this) 2) User B did indeed only forward, and not reply plus add C to the email So, how does User A see the forward sent to C? A is a member of the administrators group, but does not have the administrator user pas...

Incentive Stock Options
I used MSFT Money for while and had an account with Incentive Stock Options that I "synced" with MSN Money's Portfolio. That resulted in an account showing the Stock Option purchases. Now I have been granted another ISO and want it to show up in the MSN portfolio. The problem is I have converted from Money to Quicken and there does not appear to be a way to directly enter Incentive Stock Options into the MSN Portfolio -- Only Stock and Option contracts (Puts for example). I know this is the Money Software newsgroup, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me. Thank y...

In Training Web, use both or neutral gender words.
MSN should use masculine pronouns with feminine pronouns in the paragraph found in their Training website, or stick with non-sexist neutral pronouns. Unless MSN is decidedly feminist, the excluse portrayal of bosses as all being female is unrealistic, to say the least, and sexist, to use a familiar "approbation." Although such grievances have been voiced by feminists and feminist sympathizers about gender and authority, to frown upon masculine only designations of positions (e.g. mailman), the exclusivisty, prejudice, and unprofessionalism of the paragraph cited is an inju...

Question regarding scrolling
I have a rather large Excel document (45,000 lines) that I must manually review, and in specific cases refer to other lines in the general vicinity that occur either above or below it. What I am trying to discover is if there is a way to have the row I am actively in always remain "centered" instead of the default method in which, as you scroll down and hit the bottom line visible on your monitor from that point on as one line is added at the bottom as on is taken from the top. Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can accomplish this? Please help! Thanks! (This was copie...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Using formulas for pivot table

Sharing Violation 01-12-10
My coworker has an Excel 2007 workbook shared with another coworker. Both users are now getting a "Sharing Violation" error when trying to save the file and it no longer appears to be shared. Does anyone have any experience with this. I told them I just plain don't recommend doing the share-thing but too late for that advise. Thanks... ...

Navigation question for Excel97
I have my spreadsheet set up to move one cell to the right when I hit 'Enter'. What I would like to do is as follows: On entering column F, I want the cursor to move to column A of the next row. Thanks. :) -- Zilbandy - Tucson, Arizona USA <zil@zilbandy.com.invalid> Dead Suburban's Home Page: http://zilbandy.com/suburb/ PGP Public Key: http://zilbandy.com/pgpkey.htm ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This Change-event macro should do it for you......... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Macro returns cursor to column A one row down after...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Remove Vista Activation use an internal hardware dongle instead.
Almost every user of Windows Vista that I know is completely frustrated by your Windows activation system. Why not simply include a hardware dongle that verifies that only one copy of the software is being used. Without the dongle... the OS would not even boot. Might even stop piracy. Needs to be internal so that it cannot be taken by thieves. Make a serialized dongle that only works with the particular CD installation disk. Or better still.... make a high speed read only internal mini disk that loads the core Operating system. This would prevent Viruses from attacking the core OS...

PINGing a List of Servers Using VBScript
Hi I am trying to write a script which reads a list of servers from a txt document and then PING each server. It reads the file and adds each server, in turn, to a variable. When I try to run an object which incorporates running PING and should PING the variable content (the server name) it fails to be able to read the contents of the variable. How can I get this to work? I have tried all sorts of scenarios, by changing the syntax and even tried to use a Function but get the same results. DO While ObjTS.AtEndOfStream<>True stroutput = objTS.Readline Set ObjExec = Obj...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...