pivot table label adding "2" to the end of a label name

Hi,

I have a pivot table and sometimes it adds a "2" to the end of a row lable ie.
"joes pizza" is displayed as "joes pizza2".
the sorce data certanly doesn't include the "2" and it seems like it is
trying to tell me some thing ;). It might be hapening after i do a "replace
command" in the source data (replace "sams pizza" with joes Pizza"). any one
experienced this?

Cheers,
0
John1063 (943)
10/22/2007 11:48:01 PM
excel 39880 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The only time I've seen this is when I had multiple headers with the same name.

If I were you, I'd check once more--don't forget to check in hidden columns,
too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

downloads #2
I am having the same problem---did you ever find resolution? does anyone know how to get around it? ----- Kay Cordova wrote: ----- I have tried to download from my financial institution my account information. When I set the file to download to a .qif file it insists on loading the download to MS Money instead of putting it in a file where I can import it into Quicken. I have looked at all of the Options to find where to change that and cannot find anything that will help/ Did you see the "money vs. quicken"...

Help comparing 2 columns..
I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel document should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample). Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in Excel, so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming. example: Coloumn 1 2211 5510 2210 9952 Coloumn 2 2211 5510 3310 2210 9952 Sample: With Range A1:A4 named "Rge1" ' equal to your Column 1 data. and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5 In cell C1 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1) and copy down. Column C should reflect a...

MULTIPLE HOTMAIL ACCOUNTS #2
Anyone figure out how to send/receive multiple Hotmail accounts from within Outlook 2003, or 2002.? (or even 2000 for the matter) Thanks Multiple Hotmail accounts is only supported in Outlook 2003. 2002 can use only one account and Outlook 2000 does not have the ability to use any Hotmail accounts. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, John F asked: | A...

Money 2002 to 2004 #2
I bought a new computer and it came with Money 2004. Is there any way to transfer all of my account information from my old computer (Money 2002) to the new computer (Money 2004)? Thanks in advance. Read http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q68 and http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q109. "Vance" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02f701c3b53c$39d98dd0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I bought a new computer and it came with Money 2004. Is > there any way to transfer all of my account information > from my old computer (Money 2002) to the new computer > ...

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

csv #2
I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also can you tel me some more features of csv. File|Save As and change the "Save as type" to CSV Jerry Ashish wrote: > I want to convert an xls file to csv file pls let me know how to do that.also > can you tel me some more features of csv. Ashish, See www.smokeylake.com/excel/textfiles.htm. Read "Delimited text file." -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ashish" <Ashish@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 to OWA? #2
Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA access to my clients exchange server. I've done it with Entourage, but Outlook is much less intuitive... or maybe it cannot be done? Correct. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, stumpy asked: | Can Outlook 2003 synchronize with OWA? I only have OWA | access to my clients exchange server. I&#...

PDF file #2

New company setup #2
We have received a GP database from a company that we are doing work for and need to install. In the past, we have received GL Account Master errors. Can you install a stand alone company on a server that has another GP company running. The account framework is completely different for each company. How do you do this install. thanks, The account framework does need to be the same. -- Charles Allen, MVP "rar" wrote: > We have received a GP database from a company that we are doing work for and > need to install. In the past, we have received GL Account Master ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Physical Inventory #2
Another one! How best to input new quantities after doing a physical inventory. OK, you go to Manager>Inventory>Physical Inventory and select "Generate for all items..." and select "All items". After hafing generated the items list, how do you input the new count for the items? Is manual entry the only way? Thanks, Note the "Import File" button... Create a new Physical inventory - Blank, for manual entry Generate a CSV file with lookup code, quantity , and Date counted (optional). This is the type of content that most handheld scanners will gene...

Sum of column #2
Hi I have a worksheet containing 25 columns In the column A I have categories and the other columns B to Z represent periods Looks like this PLB 1 2 3 1 2 2 2 3 .................. ADD 3 4 2 4 1 5 6 4 .................. AVL 2 1 4 2 3 7 1 4 ................... PLB 2 3 2 1 5 2 4 3 ..................... I am looking for a formula that will add each columns for the same Categorie So the result for the categorie PLB should be 1+2+3+1+2+2+2+3 (first row) + 2+3+2+1+5+2+4+3 (last row) = total = 38 ADD = 29 AVL = 24 thanks for helping Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:...

RMS 1.2 db25 serial
Hi all, I am transfering RMS database from a computer that have a db25 connection to a server that doesn't have a db25 connection. So i am using usb-to-db25 converter to plug the the db25 serial to validate the software, I am running RMS 1.2. However, the program doesn't validate. Any idea on how i can get this to work? Thank you in advance This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01CAD759.44EC04A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have never had any luck with converter...

Installation Problem #2
I am a newbie to CRM working on my first installation and I am having some difficulty. I am trying to install on a SBS 2000 system that has been updated to meet the requirements. I started by installing the CRM server software. On my first install I left the INC out of the organization name and was not able to add licenses. I then uninstalled and reinstalled with the correct organization. I then changed the Crystal Reports Admin password and Added my license key. (I am following the instructions in the document entitled "Implementing MS CRM Sales Project Guide) I then moved on the inst...

Extender and Smart List #2
My dropdown information in Extender is printing in Smart List as Yes and No, not the selection in the drop down. Can anyone tell me how to get the drop down selections to print in Smart List? -- Thanks for your help Do you mean list values? "shoedog" wrote: > My dropdown information in Extender is printing in Smart List as Yes and No, > not the selection in the drop down. Can anyone tell me how to get the drop > down selections to print in Smart List? > -- > Thanks for your help Sorry if I was not clear. Several options of list items are available in the ...

2 GP 9.0 Questions
Hello, We have GP 9.0 and I have 2 issues to ask about and see if anyone knows about a solutions and/or experienced the same problem. Please contact me at: sgara@... with any advice or solutions, please. 1) Since we upgraded from 7.0 to 9.0, we have Lab Fee accounts that mysteriously show up that never had a lab fee under Transaction Entry -> Journal Entry. Once a transaction appears, it cannot be deleted. In GP one is forced to do an multidimensional analysis on the account. A sample message would be " The total for Analysis Group LAB - ENDO on Account 22220-000 does not equal the p...

Excel conversion problem #2
How do I convert 2.50 to 2min, 30 seconds in Excel? Hi try =A1/(24*60) and format the resulting cell as hh:mm:ss -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "seen nicely" <seen nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FCB0A1BA-0E6C-4130-8184-9F95B707952E@microsoft.com... > How do I convert 2.50 to 2min, 30 seconds in Excel? ...

Formula Help... #2
I apologise in advance if I am not able to explain exactly what I want to do with this formula, but here goes.... I have a formula that references 2 cells on a separate worksheet based on the entries in a number of other cells, and then divides these two values - The formula is shown below. Basically it is looking up Sales data using one of the ranges, and Stock levels using the other range in order to calculate the number of weeks of stock cover. =VLOOKUP($B3,INDIRECT("'"&C$2&"'!$F$300:$BF$492"),MATCH($B$1,INDIRECT("'"&C$2&"...

RE:Combing Pivot and Non-Pivot datasets for 2-axis charts.
Hello I've created a 2-axis Pivot chart. The 1st axis will set the data from my Pivot table, however how can I set the data from the second axes to come from a NON-PIVOT TABLE? In other words I need to know how to select data from two different table - 1 Pivot and 1 Non-Pivot data. Kind regards Jaspal singh Dhuga You can do this using a non-pivot chart. Create a chart of the non-pivot table data. Then go to Chart menu > Source Data > Series tab, and one-by-one add the series that use pivot table data. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutio...

if statement question #2
How do I do this using an if statement in excel? If the amount is from 15000-350000 then the tax is .23, if its extactly 350000 then its .15 What I really need to know if theres something similar to "to" in the if statement. For example 15000 to 350000 like in a c++ switch statement. -- SMAlvarez ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SMAlvarez's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33287 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=531129 Assuming there isn't more to it than...

Labels in forms converated from 2000 to 2003
When a form is viewed, the mouse scrolls across the form, the data flickers (some what like a reset). If the mouse goes across fields, there is no flickering. We just converted today. Wish us luck. Thanks See if this tip from MVP Allen Browne helps: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-46.html Joan wrote: >When a form is viewed, the mouse scrolls across the form, the data flickers >(some what like a reset). > >If the mouse goes across fields, there is no flickering. > >We just converted today. Wish us luck. > >Thanks -- HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro ...

MS POS 2.0: Store credit not available?
Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS POS. Is there an addon or some other way to get a function for store credit? thnx in advance.. Dennis- I use a Work Around- I create a work order and then give the customer a credit on the work order- Then when the customer comes in, I bring up their work order with the credit etc. It is cludgy i know, but... "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22878618-94BB-43F9-B92B-1ED37E49B7A6@microsoft.com... > Hi all, seems there is no way for applying store credit in MS POS. Is > ...

New Server #2
Hi I am installing a new Exchange 2003 Server. I have an existing 2003 Exchange Server. What is the best tool for me to use to move mailboxes between the servers, ExMerge or default Mailbox move option, or is there anything else that i could use to move the Entire Mailstore and not individual mailboxes? Thanx Sulaiman The default move-mailbox option is by far the best - preserves single instance storage, is much less risky, and there's virtually no downtime for the users. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Sulaiman" <Sulaiman@discu...

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

Error 553 #2
I am trying to configure Outlook 2002 to use a POP account hosted under a domain name I purchased. When I set up the account in Outlook I can successfully send a test message to myself. I can receive messages from any other account, no problem. However I cannot send a message to any other address. I get the message "553 sorry that domain name does not exist in my rcpthost file". I ahve called support fromt he company I bought hte domain name from and I hav called support from Adelphia whoI ahve high speed internet access from, and who host the outgoing mail server. Neither ...