Pivot Table in Excel not reading Access Query

I use Access link to a SQL server database and then run queries in Access. I
wanted to do a Pivot Table in Excel because of other users able in the
office. I can't get Excel to import or even show one of the queries in
Access where I use MonthName to get the month's name and not a number. If I
use the month's number, all is well. It is not a big deal just wondering why
it won't work.
Is there a way to change the number to a name in Excel's Pivot Table as I
can' get =Text(cell,"MMMM") to work in the calculated field.
Thanks for any help.
Lee

0
Lee
5/5/2010 4:55:30 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Pivot Tables #4

excel insert watermark
Saw the suggestions re "inserting" picture in header/footer. Thought this was only possible in word. I want to add the word APPROVED" to the file copy once a costing evaluation spreadsheet has management approval to proceed. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html Excel FAQs - Watermarks -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Your Friend Al" <Your Friend Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097CB8D1-8B9F-4CFA-B01B-97D567543842@microsoft.com... > Saw the suggestions re "inserting"...

Paramter in UNION query
access 97, SQL 2005I am having issues with a UNION query. The query is prompting the userfor the apramter twice. I know if I create a form where the user cantype the parameter, I can reference the value from the form in thequery, but I am really not crazy about the idea of having to create anentire form just to get this query to run.Is there another way to have this prompt the user only once?Here is my query:SELECT dbo_tblJL_Main.MachineSNFROM dbo_tblJL_MainWHERE (((dbo_tblJL_Main.Customer) Like "*" & [Enter Customer Name:]&"*"));UNION SELECT tblTD_Main.MachineSNFRO...

How To Open Chart Wizard Dialog on Excel 2003
Hi All, I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code my code is the follow excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30); where excel = new Excel.Application mode = xlDialogChartWizard missing = System.Type.Missing; show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog Help me pls Thx in Advance Hi, I don't know a thing about C#, but why not exclude the Show arguments? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "VeNoMiS" wrote: > Hi All, > I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code > > my code is the follow > >...

Pivot Table Counting

Sending from excel to word template
PLEASE HELP ME i have macro like this below which includes records from excel to word template, but I'd like to convert it in such way, that it includes records from excel to one word document (It is preparing one word document now for every record from excel). It should works like that: excel opens word template and inludes every record from excel to bookmarks in word template and then it saves document. Are You able to convert this macro below? Best regards Thomas Sub Auto_open() Range("Bad name of file") = ThisWorkbook.path & "\" & "szablon.doc"...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

I just installed xl2000 on my laptop. I have been using it on my pc so I copied and pasted my personalxl file into the xlstart folder, thinking I would have things at least close to the same on the laptop. The problem: Now when I open XL I have to select “New” to get a new workbook opened. If I remove personalxl from the xlstart folder everything works the way it is supposed to. I tried to save a workbook to the xlstart as a template with the name book.xlt and that did not help. (I did that after I put personalxl back into the xlstart folder.) I think I am missing this by a ‘Peri...

Update lookup query in subform
I have a form called 'player' on that form there is a sub form called 'classschedulesubfrm' inside the subform there is a lookup field that runs a query on the 'classes' table. on the main form 'player' I enter a persons class schedule if there is a class that is not in the database I click a button and the form 'classesfrm' opens and I add the class that is missing, close the form and then try to drop down the box in the 'lookupclass' control running the query to the classestbl and the newly entered data doesn't show up yet? I have t...

join multiple pivot tables?

One final inventory query
I have inherited a large number of stock items which unfortunately were set to store values at 2dp. When the purchase order was created, the person set the order to be zero as the unit cost was £0.0019p and so rounded down to zero. The stock was then booked in at zero. Is there any way to open closed PO's once stock has been received, or must any changes be made from the utilities>inventory>adjust cost routine? Unfortunately whoever set the system up here did not envisage using more than 2dp. This affects a large number of stock items and we need to find the easiest way...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Help with pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

FILTERING IN EXCEL
IF YOU HAVE A + B+ C = X AND YOU FILTER SO ONLY A IS VISIBLE, HOW DO YOU GET X TO ONLY EQUAL A? I suspect you can use SUBTOTAL(), but you really don't give enough detail to do more than guess... In article <A09268A0-6E41-4459-BC84-C6FC5E15AF88@microsoft.com>, "SWMARINE" <SWMARINE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > IF YOU HAVE A + B+ C = X AND YOU FILTER SO ONLY A IS VISIBLE, HOW DO YOU GET > X TO ONLY EQUAL A? ...

Using formulas for pivot table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

edit formula bar in excel 2003?
in excel 2000 there is a edit formula button that when clicked starts the formula and produces a edit formula bar.. I find this helpful because I put it just below the rows I am working on and keeps me on the row I am working on and from getting confused when selecting cells. now i have 2003 and it has a function button which I rarely used in 2000 and I really have no use for.. can I get my edit formula button back.. which is very helpful... Same answer I gave yesrerday when you posted this question. The = sign "edit formula" went away when XL2002 was introduced. Maybe will ...

Windows disappear/vanish/become invisible when working in Word or Excel (MSO2004)
When working in Word the active window frequently becomes invisible. I can still type and use keyboard commands. If I do any of the following the window reappears: - cmd+tab off Word, then back on - save the document - select Window > document name from the menu bar When working in Excel I have the same problem with the same solutions. In both cases, this happens so frequently that both products are essentially unusable. Any ideas? Thanks In article <1102468833.715340.156600@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, "doyouflip@yahoo.com" <kperlas@gmail.com> wrote: > Whe...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Excel Passwords #3
Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old employees spreadsheet that is password protected if I don't know the password (its on a MAC). Cheers, Dave Lookup 'Forget Excel Password in Google, you should find some clues there. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f90601c3f217$f9c85050$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Quick question. Is there anyway I can get into an old > employees spreadsheet...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...