Pivot table help #11

I needed help with a Pivot table. In the attached excel sheet i am
trying to use the Creatiion date (coloum X)as one of the filters in
the pivot table. Could someone please guide me as to how i can filter
with the Creation date as one of the pivot tables.
Thanks
Sammy
0
s_commar (17)
5/14/2011 9:08:30 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

11.3.3 Office Update
I get this error message - "the installer could not locate the correct version of the software to install this update. See the read me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update" To my eye I meet all the system reqs - 10.4.8 / Office v.X. Have restarted to no avail. What gives? Thanks, Steve Office v.X? The 11.3.3 update is for Office 2004 only; you'll need to get the 10.1.9 update instead. On 31/1/07 3:40, in article 1170211227.299934.52380@s48g2000cws.googlegroups.com, "sstepanek2@comcast.net" <...

Pivot Table: use a field in two different places
Two related questions: 1. Is there anyway to display a field in two different places. For example, I want to put a date field in the page part of pivot table. However, I also want that same date field in the row area. So when I choose "all" dates on the page filter, I will be able to see the individual dates in the row as well. Right now when I try to add the field, it takes it out of where it used to be. i.e., when I add to the page, the row field disappears. 2. I want to group dates by month. But I also want to display the individual dates in the row area righ...

Table all in uppercase when imported into Access
I am importing a Dbase III table into MS Access, All of the text fields are in uppercase (Approximately 17,000 records). My question is how can I convert all of the text fields to lower case with only the first letter of the field in Upper case such as name, address, city and state fields? THERE'S NO EASY WAY There's No EASY Way <g> You can write a VBA routine or function using UCase or LCase (convert case), and Left$, Mid$, Right$, Instr, or Split to pull the string apart, or StrConv(string, vbProperCase) might be a good one. The trouble with names and addresses, is th...

Help! Item with Back Order Qty not picking up on Purchase Advice R
Our employee in charge of purchasing came to me this morning with a dilemma. There is an item with a back order qty of 1 but the item never showed up on the purchase advice report. This is an item we don't want to stock so there is no min or max set up for it. In the Item Resource Planning Maintenance window here are the settings for this item: Order Policy: Not Planned Fixed Order Qty: 0 Order Point Qty: 0 Order-Up-To Level: 0 Replenishment Method: Buy all the other fields are set to 0 with the exception of the "Order Qty Modifiers" section which has a "Multiple&...

Macro help (last row)
Hello: I have recorded a macro to do a certain function everyday. The column formatting for the macro is the same everyday but the number of rows that it contains may differ from day to day. I do not know how to do visual basic and have recorded the macro by doing the functions needed. The problem is that it records where to start deleting the rows just from that one days file and I need it to be shorter or longer depending on the number of rows there are in the file for that day. Can you please help? Try this: http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=417 ************ Anne T...

Multi Table Queries
At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? -Pete Pete wrote: >At my job, I use enter data through generated queries. However it appears >that I can only ENTER data in a query when it is based on two tables. If it >is three or more, it doesn't let me enter any info. > >Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong? Yes, that's common. You should only edit data ...

Office updates have been failing for me. Help!
This is the log for my failed Outlook 2003 Junk Mail filter update. Also, the latest security update for Word 2003 failed as well. Any ideas? Starting the log on 06/20/2006 at 22:19:23... Loading the resource .dll... Reading the settings... The settings are: IsNormalUpdate=1 AdminUsesShortFilenames=1 AdminPath="" MessageTitle="Update for Outlook 2003: Junk E-mail Filter (KB917149)" CopyFilesToRerun=1 ShowSuccessDialog=1 RebootInQuietMode=0 RunSetupWatson=1 RequireAllPatchesNeeded=0 RequireAllP...

Purchase Resolution Tables
PRW tables in Great Plains - are these tables temporary tables populated only when the purchase resolution is run? Im asking because i want to extract data in crystal from the PRW40034 table but cant seen any PRW tables via crystal. Thanks Theo :) I reckon these PRW tables are names of once before existing tables in earlier versions of GP - i believe the tables I want are the MPO tables If this is 100% (im at about 95% with this) its a shame MBS havent cleared up the table list to NOT show tables that are no longer used. Theo :) "Theo" wrote: > PRW tables in Great Plains -...

Help! send/receive button won't work
Hello, I have just reinstalled Outlook 2002 after uninstalling the evaluation version of Office 2003. When I click the send/receive button on the toolbar of Outlook I get a message in a popup outlook dialogue box "the operation failed". The history: I have just completed the evaluation of Office 2003. When I installed the evaluation version it overwrote outlook 2002 with ver. 2003. This did not happen with any of the other applications such as word, excel etc. In fact if I remember correctly at the time of installation it gave me the choice and I said I wanted access to O...

HELP!!! EXCEL!!!
I need help from someone who knows alot of windows and excel. I had something very important saved to Excel, and I went to open it, and there was an error, saying do chkdsk.exe, so i did that. Now when I open the file in excel, it opens but its in turkish or weird writing, if i change it to English, its still not my work its a bunch of letters and boxes. How do I get my work back??? Please email me at nceantonio@yahoo.com... thank you Christina ...

how to remove the apply and help button from propertysheet
how to remove the apply and help button from propertysheet? I tried to this->m_psh.dwFlags &= ~PSH_HASHELP; this->m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_NOAPPLYNOW; this->m_psh.dwFlags |= PSH_NOCONTEXTHELP; the "Apply" button can be removed, but the "Help" button still existed, hwo to remove it? Thank you very much! ZhangZQ Have you looked at MSDN article Q141039? "ZhangZQ" <zhangzq71@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ox7Bmt5oDHA.1672@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > how to remove the apply and help button from propertysheet? > > I tried to > t...

Help needed ASAP
When I make deposits into my business checking account, they show up correctly as income on my profit/loss statements. However, on my MSMoney home page, I have Business Snapshot as one of my views. On the revenue line, it is zero. Why? When I click on the Year to Date Revenue link, it correctly shows my Profit and Loss statement with the correct amount under Total Net Sales and Gross Profit. Why doesn't this translate into the Year to Date Revenue line? ...

publisher 97 to 2002 PLEASE HELP
we have documents on the 97 version of publisher; can we transfer those to 2002 version? please help Publisher 97 will open perfectly in all versions up to the current Publisher 2003. The WordArt will not function correctly, but you can get a utility to download from the Publisher downloads to convert the existing Publisher 97 WordArt into a graphic. No other issues. -- ...

HTML Table Selection
Can any one tell me how to select a single column of a table in HTML page. If u select a column now, from the next row onwards all the cells will be selected. I want only the particular column. How to do that? ...

One table
HELP!! I am receiving the following XML: <A> <B> <C></C> <D> <C></C> </D> </B> </A> where element <C> is nested with both elements <B> and <D>. If I try to generate a dataset so I can load the XML, I get an error saying "The same table (C) cannot be the child table in two nested relations." Does anyone know what the XML schema needs to be in order to create a dataset that will load this XML??? .. ...

Help! My only Windows server died.
I am in a Mac heavy environment. There is a windows 2000 server that was here before I was. It served not only as the DC, but as the exchange server as well. Unfortunately, it died a mysterious death overnight and couldn't be rebooted without reinstalling the OS. I was able to reinstall 2000 Server, and all of the data (priv.edb and pub.edb) seems to be intact. However, what can I do to ensure it stays that way when reinstalling Exchange 2000. This is the only windows machine active in production on-site, but everyone depends on it for mail. I would like to at the very least recover...

hyperlink help
i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game for a study reference and i need to know if i can set up a hyperlink that will go to a random set of slides instead of only to one slide then to the next. so what i am getting at is how do i randomize the game so when i hit play it is not just one set of questions cause i have over 200 questions but only know how to set up 15 of them. and also once i save the game and quit once i re-open the slideshow all my hyperlinks dissappear. can some one help. On 2/24/10 6:34 PM, zack wrote: > i have mad a who wants to be a millionair game ...

Help
I have 2 checking accounts with my bank. I've been using msn bill pay for the 1st account for quite a while and it works great. I've recently set up the 2nd account and gone thru the verificiation step in msn bill pay. Both accounts show up fine on the msn bill pay site and I've paid a bill via the banks bill pay service from the 2nd account. However, when I try pay a bill from within Money 2007, I only have the option for "write check." Any ideas? I am sorry that I do not have any information to help you other than to say that most all banks that support billpay ...

Help on subscript out of range error (VB6/VBA)
Hi, I want to work with multiple excel workbooks en worksheets using a stand alone VB6 application. 1. First I open and close the workbooks and populate a listbox with sheetnames. 2. Then I select some sheets and fill an Array. (This array contains sheetnames from different workbooks) 3.The last step is to open and close the workbooks again and loop (For Each) through the sheets to get the information I need using the above mentioned array. The only problem is that I receive an "Subscript out of Range" error. This error occurs because I'm attempting tot access a worksheet...

Help with macro or VB to Merge Multiple Columns Of Data Im getting RSI from all the copy and pasting!
I have an application that exports data as below ABSLIVE AGRDEVBACK AGRDEVWEB 26/06/06 1294 26/06/06 1436 26/06/06 399 26/06/06 1299 26/06/06 1439 26/06/06 399 27/06/06 1318 27/06/06 1452 27/06/06 404 This is a sample of six columns . The text in row 1 is in columns 2,4 & 6 The cells in row 1 in columns 1,3 & 6 are empty There are varying numbers columns and rows each time the application exports. All of the dates are consistent across each row I need to convert this to a structure that can be converted into an access database something like this ABSLIVE ...

Data value display attributes linked to table attributes
Is there a way to cause data value points to take on attributes such as bold, italic or color set at the table from which they are derived? For example, suppose I was charting hits at several web sites as function of time, and the some characteristic of the site was being altered back and forth (say font "A" and font "B") as part of an experiment. I can easily produce a line graph x=hits y=time for the various sites, but these is no way to visualize which condition (A or B) was in effect at each data value point. I'd like to be able to display the portion of each li...

Pivot Help.. Running Total
I have two pivot data fields: Time Amount Name I've grouped time by Year/Month I've changed my Amount field settings to Average, Running Total in 'Year'. This way I get a YTD average amount for each name. Now, here is my problem. I'd like to know how to set up a field that will calculate the % Difference From the YTD Average for the prior year. It's like a 'double' calculation. Is this possible? Is there a 'calculated field' set up I can use? I tried Calculated item.. but it doesn't work with Averages.. and it is important that I stick with a...

Help in Developing a Multi-Level Gross Margin Chart
Gross Margin (GM) is a component of two primary variables, Revenue and Cost (COGS). I wish to plot a Line chart with months at the bottom (X-axis) and GM $'s or % on the Y-axis and at the same time reflect changes in both Revenue and COGS per the value of GM per that month. This way one I can plot another Line chart with historical GM (Rev & COGS) and show both components within one data point. Is this possible? ...

Missing Passwords in Outlook 2003 and fix doesn't help
Upgraded to Office Pro 2003. Outlook 2003 won't save passwords and therefore is inoperable. Have tried fix outlined in http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;264672 Does not fix problem. Have removed Office Pro 2003 and reinstalled Office XP...Outlook XP works fine - then reinstalled Office Pro 2003 and same problem. Any other ideas....very frustrating TCW ...

Out of office assistant. Help required
Hi, A colleage recently got married, so I renamed her account and email account to her married name. She still receives e-mails to her maiden name address, so I have kept that mailbox. However, she is on holiday and would like the out of office assistant to be setup for her maiden name account. I dont know how to do that. I added a rule with her maiden name, thinking that that would work. But it hasn't. It works fine for her married name, but no her maiden name. All email that is to her maiden and married name, go to the same place. Thanks You have configured an additional SMTP...