pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...

i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but
not for others...

there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens?

any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for
all fields.

thanx

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options,
select 'Grand totals for columns' option.

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Help comparing 2 columns..
I have two coloumns of numbers, which i need to compare. The Excel document should come out with 3310 as a result in coloumn 3 (see exsample). Can someone help me? I am dont know anything about VB programming in Excel, so I hope someone can find a solution without any programming. example: Coloumn 1 2211 5510 2210 9952 Coloumn 2 2211 5510 3310 2210 9952 Sample: With Range A1:A4 named "Rge1" ' equal to your Column 1 data. and with your existing data in Column 2 - Cells B1:B5 In cell C1 enter: =IF(COUNTIF(Rge1,B1),"",B1) and copy down. Column C should reflect a...

Subform Causes Main Form to show same record Multiple times
I have a form named PatientsInfo that is based on table Tbl_Patients. In that form I have a subform that is based on table Tbl_FedPovertyLevel. I have 2 fields from Tbl_FedPovertyLevel on the subform -- HouseholdMemberName, HouseholdMemberIncome. When an additional HouseholdMember is entered into the subform, it links to the Tbl_Patients correctly. But on the record selector for the PatientsInfo main form, there are now several instances of the same Patient based on how many HouseholdMembers I have entered into the subform. I have to click the next record button several time...

Pivot Tables

Comparing data between two columns
I have a worksheet with two columns that I need to compare data between. I need to see what is different between one column and the next. There are number and letter values in the column and about 180+ rows. The information is scattered throughout the cells so there is no way to filter and check row by row. The columns look like this: July April MP123456789 MP555555559 MP987654321 MP666 H1258 MP789456123 MP00000 H89 MP987123654 MP123456789 I need something that would tell me that all of the above valu...

Report based on query w/subquery won't give a Report Footer total
I have a report that runs off a query which pulls item entry times per user. Each record in the table has an EntryStartTime field which is updated as soon as a user updates the first field in the entry form. (Technically the current time is stored in a global variable which is updated once the record is committed.) What I want to do is run a report showing how long it takes for a user to begin a new entry (i.e. the time between the start of record 1 and the start of record 2), and the average of those times. However, in my report, whenever I try to add a field in the Report Footer that...

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Showing Image in Word after open via Access
Hello, I'm have a report in Access 2003, when the report is opened in Word, using the "Publish It with Microsoft Office Word" feature, the company logo inside on Image object does not come over, what can I do to get this image to convert. Thanks Nothing you can do if you are using "Publish It with Microsoft Office Word" feature. No graphic objects are brought over, that includes lines, checkboxes, rectangles, etc. You can check out Lebans.com and see if there is a solution that works for you there. You can also download the pdf solution from that s...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

applieds still showing on Historical Aged TB
Hello: After applying a return to a customer’s invoice and after having aged that customer and moved the customer’s transactions to history through Paid Transaction Removal, why would the applied return and invoice still show on the RM Historical Aged Trial Balance? childofthe1980s Because it's historical. Unless you choose to Exclude Fully Applied Documents all applied documents as of the cutoff will show up. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > &...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

column headings in numbers vs letters
For some reason all my excel files now display columns as numbers rather than letters. How can I change back to letters? Why are all my old files also now reading in numbered columns? This is a setting of Excel, not of your files. Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference style -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "garyflood" <garyflood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6870D172-C11D-4FF9-A7D8-48BE89149DF8@microsoft.com... > For some reason all my excel files now display columns as numbers rather > than > letters. How...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Custom fields showing as Number type in Crystal but Picklist in CRM
I've just installed Crystal Reports (9.2.2) and connected it to my CRM 1.2 database. I notice that custom fields I've added as Picklist type fields in CRM are appearing as Number type fields in Crystal, and therefore showing a number (eg 3) rather than the expected picklist item (eg 'Mobile'). Any ideas? Picklist values are stored in the StringMap table "Roger Strain" <roger@liquidthought.co.za> wrote in message news:4f36724f.0408191103.588694a5@posting.google.com... > I've just installed Crystal Reports (9.2.2) and connected it to my CRM > 1.2 da...