I have the following table

Name type  Cost    overhead
amy     C1   23     12
bob     C2   129    17
cat     C2   36     45
doo     C2   100    32

I owuld like to create a pivot table that looks similar to:
the standard pivot table.  (Please ignore type for now.)

     name Data Total
     amy Sum of overhead 200
       Sum of cost 12
     bob Sum of overhead 130
       Sum of cost 23
     cat Sum of overhead 90
       Sum of cost 19
     doo Sum of overhead 87
       Sum of cost 34
     Total Sum of overhead 507
     Total Sum of cost 88

But with overall total  (overhead + cost) for each
individual instead of total the two types separately.
Any help would be totally appreciated.
Thanks,
pac

0
chariya (9)
12/17/2004 4:52:38 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi

to create a calculated field in your pivot table, select a cell in the pivot
table and choose from the pivot table icon on the pivot table toolbar -
formulas - calculated field
give it a name
then after the = sign
double click on the cost field
type a +
the double click on the overhead field
then click on Add then OK
you can now hide the cost & overhead fields if you want

Cheers
JulieD

"comp" <chariya@verizon.not> wrote in message

> I have the following table
>

> Name type  Cost    overhead
> amy     C1   23     12
> bob     C2   129    17
> cat     C2   36     45
> doo     C2   100    32
>

> I owuld like to create a pivot table that looks similar to:
> the standard pivot table.  (Please ignore type for now.)
>
>     name Data Total
>     amy Sum of overhead 200
>       Sum of cost 12
>     bob Sum of overhead 130
>       Sum of cost 23
>     cat Sum of overhead 90
>       Sum of cost 19
>     doo Sum of overhead 87
>       Sum of cost 34
>     Total Sum of overhead 507
>     Total Sum of cost 88
>

> But with overall total  (overhead + cost) for each individual instead of
> total the two types separately.
> Any help would be totally appreciated.
> Thanks,
> pac

0
JulieD1 (2295)
12/17/2004 4:59:28 AM
You could add a column to the source data, and calculate the total
there. Add that field to the pivot table, and remove Cost and Overhead.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables

Comparing data between two columns
I have a worksheet with two columns that I need to compare data between. I need to see what is different between one column and the next. There are number and letter values in the column and about 180+ rows. The information is scattered throughout the cells so there is no way to filter and check row by row. The columns look like this: July April MP123456789 MP555555559 MP987654321 MP666 H1258 MP789456123 MP00000 H89 MP987123654 MP123456789 I need something that would tell me that all of the above valu...

Deliver new mail to two different .pst files.

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Copy form field data to clipboard
I have set the field I want to have focus and then wish to copy the data to the clipboard. Can someone help me with the code for this. Forms!frmExhibitorInfoVerification!Email.SetFocus -- Entering the world of VBA and coding Delta If the desired field has focus, use: RunCommand acCmdCopy If you need to manipulate strings first (e.g. combinating data from several fields), it's more complex: http://allenbrowne.com/func-07b.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenb...

Different Error Bars for Each Point
How do I make separate/different y-error bar for each data point in Excel 2003. As far as I can tell it isn't possible, but it would be a life saver if someone could help me out. For example... point A needs a +- of 2.7, but point B needs a +- of 3.2. And so on... Scroll about halfway down, to the section called Custom Error Bar Values: Error Bars in Excel Charts - http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html or if you're stuck with Excel 2007: Error Bars in Excel 2007 - http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Te...

Two objects in the Directory have the same proxy
In on domain i have problem with one user. If i sen i mail to that user i get the folowing error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: ******* Sent: 4.7.2005 10:42 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ******* ****** on 4.7.2005 10:42 A configuration error in the recipient's e-mail system prevented delivery of this message. Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. Contact your administrator. <exchange.domain.local #5.1.4> And i get the error in event log : vent T...

join multiple pivot tables?

Get External Data Macro
I need a macro that does the following: Inserts a new worksheet Names the worksheet Sheet1 (or any other name) Prompts for Get External Data (allowing the user to find the file) Is there any way to do this? Or at least the last 2 parts? -- mkerstei ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mkerstei's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25688 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393385 ...

Displaying the actual data that error message is referring to 10-12-07
Is there a way to display the actual records that are being imported from excel to access if they continue giving you an error message? ...

Synchronising Two Instances of Outlook Via PocketPC (ActiveSync)
Win2kPro SP4, Outlook 2002 SP3, ActiveSync 3.7, PocketPC CE V3.0 I synchronise calendar, contacts and notes between two PCs via my PocketPC. The work computer uses Exchange and therefore meetings have invitations to other people in the organisation. The home computer is stand-alone. On syncronising, all meetings with invitations become unresolved in the sync process with the following message: "Microsoft Outlook does not recognize "[my Exchange name]". ...If you used a comma to separate several addresses: click Cancel, change the commas to semicolons, and try to send again.&qu...

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Converting Year to Date Data to Month to Date
I have the following problem: I havea production table of all my agents the production comes in as a download each month but it is in Year to date totals. I would like to know how I change the data so that it is showing month to date production. i have changed the data to cross tab with the date as the column headings. The I created a select query and subtracted Jan from Feb to get the Feb production. I need to get this data in a normalized table formate with the Production date in one column and the monthly production in a second column. Thanks in advance for any help Use a subq...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Data validation and empty cells
range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,operator:=xlBetween How to avoid empty entries in drop down box if some of cell from A1:A7 are empty? Thanks Sort A1:A7 so that the empties are at the bottom and use =OFFSET($A$1,,,COUNT($A$1:$A$7),1) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Kris" <witek7205@spam.gazeta.pl.invalid> wrote in message news:do75sd$8a4$1@inews.gazeta.pl... > range("d1").Validation.add formula1:= > "=$A$1:$A$7",Type:=xlValidateList,oper...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Help on Custom Data Validation
Dear NG, What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! Regards, Jon-jon Hi Try =A1="" as your formula in Data Validation for A2 Hope this helps. -- Andy. "JON JON" <conrado_capistranoREMOVE@msn.com> wrote in message news:u$85VgfJEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Dear NG, > > What should be the formula in custom data validation so that when A1 is > empty no entry will be accepted in A2? Please no VB! > > Regards, > > Jon-jon > > Hi Jon I woul...