Pivot Table Dates

I'm bringing in data from an external database & creating a Pivot table with
grouped dates (Eg months)

when this table is copied and the date grouping changed from say months to
qtrs it changes the original to qtrs as well

is it possible to avoid this happening without creating seperate workbooks

Many thanks

Neil Thompson

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

You can always create another Pivot table within the same workbook, but not
link it to the existing one,  You will pay the price in terms of filesize,
but it will fix your problem.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Neil Thompson" <neilthompson@eircom.net> wrote in message
> I'm bringing in data from an external database & creating a Pivot table
with
> grouped dates (Eg months)
>
> when this table is copied and the date grouping changed from say months to
> qtrs it changes the original to qtrs as well
>
> is it possible to avoid this happening without creating seperate workbooks
>
> Many thanks
>
> Neil Thompson

0
ken.wright (2489)
2/1/2005 6:31:39 PM
Just to clarify - use the same source data but when it prompts you and asks
if you want to link to an existing table just say no.

--

"Ken Wright" <ken.wright@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> You can always create another Pivot table within the same workbook, but
not
> link it to the existing one,  You will pay the price in terms of filesize,
> but it will fix your problem.
>
> --
> Regards
>            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>               Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

>                   It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
>
> "Neil Thompson" <neilthompson@eircom.net> wrote in message
> > I'm bringing in data from an external database & creating a Pivot table
> with
> > grouped dates (Eg months)
> >
> > when this table is copied and the date grouping changed from say months
> > qtrs it changes the original to qtrs as well
> >
> > is it possible to avoid this happening without creating seperate
workbooks

> > Many thanks
> >
> > Neil Thompson

0
ken.wright (2489)

Pivot Tables #4

Pivot Table Counting

Date functions
Hi world!This is a two part question. Part One. I am trying to use a start date (say..8/9/05) that then is used to calculate monthly vacation (eg. on 9/8/05 staff have gained 12 hrs vacation) and so every month the amount will increase by that 12hrs so by the end of their start year the total will be in theory 144. But I also of course want to be able to remove hrs when the staff member takes vacation (an obvious manual requirement). Part two, staff have a productivity requirement of 100 hours a month of billable service to clients, so every week they pretty much have to do 25 hrs, but ...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

Count blanks by date
I have a table that has meter# , date, and usage in colums A, B and C. I use a formula =sumif($B$11:$B1000,"="[date],$C$11:$C1000) to total up the amount of usage for each day. But what I want to do is count the number of blanks in column C for each date. So "if $B$11:$B1000,"="[date] then countblank($C$11:$C1000)" is kind of what I'm shooting for but I can't wrap my brain around how to do it. I would like to report that on 4/1 we had 1,912 usage and 4 meters did not report (were blank). Thanks! Try =SUMPRODUCT(--($B$11:$B1000=[date]),-...

join multiple pivot tables?

Reporting Services Returning Offset Dates
I'm finding that every date being returned by Reporting Services (in VS 2003) from a date field (i.e. Opportunity.CreatedOn) is exactly 8 hours beyond those being returned by reports ran from the CRM interface and from Crystal Reports. I'm using MS SQL Server 2000 Reporting Services against MS CRM1.2 (same user account). The regional setting on all machines (server and development), including the VS 2003 international setting, are set to English(United States) and the system dates/times are all correct within the same time zone. Can anybody explain this? Thanks in advance. GMT RJ...

Help with pivot table

Using formulas for pivot table

cleared date on check inquiry
Why doesn't the system show a date cleared on any inquiry window in GP? It would be very helpful to lookup a payables check and be able to see if the check has cleared the bank and in what month - or even if it has been marked as cleared. It shows a void date if voided, but we have to search through bank rec and the bank's online system. This is very time consuming. I know the information is in two tables PM and CM, however, so is the void information and it writes back and forth, so it would seem feasible that the cleared status could also write to both tables. -------------...

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Converting Year to Date Data to Month to Date
I have the following problem: I havea production table of all my agents the production comes in as a download each month but it is in Year to date totals. I would like to know how I change the data so that it is showing month to date production. i have changed the data to cross tab with the date as the column headings. The I created a select query and subtracted Jan from Feb to get the Feb production. I need to get this data in a normalized table formate with the Production date in one column and the monthly production in a second column. Thanks in advance for any help Use a subq...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

Date add Criteria on Continuous Form
All, thank you for all the previouis help. currently i have a form has three fileds to tracks letter "Recieve", "ResponseDue", and "Respond." on the recieve text box's afterupdate event i have:Me.ResponseDue = DateAdd("d", 30, Me.Recieve). what i need is that on the first letter, the minimum date, if an the main form the criteria is "NMA" that the date add be 60. thank you for the help in advance. AC2007/XP. Tighe - The easiest way is to Dim an integer variable and use that. Try this: Dim AddDays as Integer If Par...

Excell date formating
I am trying to type numbers with dashes and slashes, but excell always converts to date format, How do I stop this? Thanks, Doug Hi Doug, Precede with an apostrophe (single quote, '). It will cause Excel to treat the enry as text and not show the apostrophe. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Alida de Jongstraat 7 2401 KS Alphen aan den Rijn Netherlands tel. +31-172-416 880 mobile: +31-6-518 62 541 e-mail: niek.otten@xs4all.nl "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:257501c47027$9412ec00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to type numbers with das...

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

line column Pivot Charts

time and date difference
I have a cell format of dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm that I have applied to "call open date and time" and a "call closed data and time" columns. I'd like to have a further column that calculates the difference in days and hours, or just hours, between these two date/time values. I can't seem to find a way to do it tho. I have tried DATEDIF but it doesn't give me the results I want (formula =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"d")) and I have seen examples of calculating the difference between time values but again, not what I want exactly. Is there a way to do this or do I have t...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...