PIVOT TABLE ALL option

Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page
fields in a pivot table??
0
amansoin (1)
3/13/2008 2:01:29 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Nope... All is there to stay...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Aman" wrote:

> Is there any way to remove the "All" option that comes in the page
> fields in a pivot table??

As Jim said, you can't remove the "All" option in the page field. With
programming, you could select another item if the user selects "All".

For example, the following code is stored on the worksheet's code module:
     Right-click the sheet tab, and choose View Code
     Paste the code where the cursor is flashing.

'========================
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim pf As PivotField
Dim i As Long
Set pt = Me.PivotTables(1)
Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Employee")

With pf
     If .CurrentPage = "(All)" Then
         i = 1
         For i = 1 To pf.PivotItems.Count + 1
         On Error Resume Next
             .CurrentPage = .PivotItems(i).Name
             If Err.Number = 0 Then
                 Exit For
             End If
         Next i
         MsgBox "The (All) option is not available"
     End If
End With

End Sub
'============================

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

0
dsd1 (5911)

Pivot Table Counting

Pivot Tables #4

Adding options to "Show Time As" in Calendar appointment
What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like "Sick" etc... I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally - how easy is this? Thanks J John wrote: > What is the simplest way to add a few options to this dropdown, like > "Sick" etc... > > I assume this would need replacement of the default form for this globally > - how easy is this? > > Thanks > J I'm not an Outlook forms expert, but I think a custom form with some behind-the-scenes code will do what you need. However, it's g...

Pivot Tables

Cannot open the DBF created from the SaveAs option of Excel
Hi, I have an Excel sheet with 150 columns and 8 rows of data, when I use the SaveAs option under the File menu of Excel with Type DBF4, it creates the dbf file with no errors. But when I try to open the file from VFP, it indictaes the following error and cannot be opened. "Table 'H:\Book11.dbf' has become corrupted. The table will need to be repaired before using again." But if I reduce the width of the columns in the Excel and then save it as a DBF, it is possible to opend the table even with 150 columns from VFP. The limit in VFP is a max. of 254 fields and max. no....

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

join multiple pivot tables?

Help with pivot table

Group box, option button and cell reference
I need option buttons across six rows. I need the user to only have one option PER row. Help feature says to place option buttons into a Group Box but I can't figure out how to do that. It also says to have cell reference???? Any suggestions? If you use the option buttons from the Forms toolbar rather than the Controls toolbar, you can place them inside a group box (also from the forms toolbar). Right-click the option button and choose Format control. In the control tab, enter a cell reference to contain the value of the option button(which will be 1-6 for 6 buttons within the ...

Disconnect or removal of the "Speech" option under "Tools"
I would like to know how to disconnect or remove the "Speech" option found under "Tools" on the Microsoft Outlook (2002) main page (for email) This feature interjects messages during my use of the email system, which lock up the process, causing me to go through and shut down all of email functions operating at that time. I have to "back out" of email up to and including the MSN Homepage, and start over... very bothersome... and this problem occurs with notable frequency. I'm not sure of the purose of this feature, however, for me, it is an overwh...

Incentive Stock Options
I used MSFT Money for while and had an account with Incentive Stock Options that I "synced" with MSN Money's Portfolio. That resulted in an account showing the Stock Option purchases. Now I have been granted another ISO and want it to show up in the MSN portfolio. The problem is I have converted from Money to Quicken and there does not appear to be a way to directly enter Incentive Stock Options into the MSN Portfolio -- Only Stock and Option contracts (Puts for example). I know this is the Money Software newsgroup, but I was hoping someone might be able to help me. Thank y...

Using formulas for pivot table

Hyperlink in Pivot Table

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

chart options show data table
Currently using 2 workbooks to produce 1 chart - the source data in workbook 1 and the chart in workbook 2. We also are using the "show data table" option to most easily view all values in the chart. We would like this data to keep it's currency format to best reflect the values in the chart; however, the data table loses this formatting when we close workbook 1. Is there any way to hang onto this formatting after the workbook is closed? Data tables in charts are not particularly flexible or capable. You combine the workbooks. Alternatively, put a table in the chart's...

Pivot Tables #40
Does anyone know if there is a way to quickly clear a field list? I can't find a keyboard shortcut or anything else in any of the help/support avenues I've tried. Thanks in advance for the help. -- ERR229 Are you trying to clear all the check boxes in the field's dropdown list? In Excel 2002 and later versions, there's a Show All checkbox. In Excel 2000, and earlier versions, you can use programming to hide or show the items -- there's sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot03.html ERR229 wrote: > Does anyone know if there is a way to quickl...

line column Pivot Charts

I need to convert a word table to excel
When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or two empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is this? usually means there are superfluous paragraph marks in the Word table. "Aaron" <Aaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:012E3413-1F64-4018-BC14-A2D6AB68B668@microsoft.com... > When I try doing this by copying the table it appears in excelwith one or > two > empty lines in between each of my lines that I needed converting. Why is > this? ...

deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot
Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could deactivate it? See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP-Pro "hwtradezheng" wrote: > Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot > table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could > deactivate it? ...

pivot table error (25000 rows!!)
I am trying to run a pivot table on a file containing 25000 rows. I have 5 duplicate (identical structure) files. The pivot works on each but one. On this file I get an error saying it has too many columns or rows in the pivot table. Drag at least one column or row off the table... Does anybody know what the reason for this message is, are their limits to rows or columns? The identical table works on the other files, therefore this message is so strange. Who has an idea? -- Craig_Richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Craig_Richards's Profil...

Pivot table move up command
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move down, move to beginning and move to end are greyed out. Did you find an answer? Katy MelKC wrote: Pivot table move up command 04-Feb-10 Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I need to move up values in a pivot table to custom order them. When I right-click I see the &quot;Move&quot; menu, but the options to move up, move d...

enterprise resources in which table of which database
when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want to know in which database and in which table it will saved first. -- It should be in the Published and the Reporting database. In the tables labeled "..Resource" Jonathan "Basim" <Basim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B443F9A1-E8FD-4DF5-A347-A13A626EDE67@microsoft.com... > when i add resource from active directory to resource center .and i want > to > know in which database and in which table it will saved first. > > > -- > ...

Opening a window(form) with VBA / storing data in a separate table
Hi all, First Question---- I have a third party application (Additional Inventory Fields in the ActNow series from Hawk Mountain) that currently is accessed from the Extra menu while in item maintenance. I have added a button to the item maintenance form and I am trying to figure our what VBA code I need to put in so that when the user clicks on the button that it launches the form that is currently accessed via the menu. This is not currently a VBA form but the window that comes with the application. I have tried to put an "OnUserChanged" event on the button with a FormName.Open...