Pivot Chart in Excel 97

Hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone knows a way to provide a dynamic chart based
on a pivot table with similar functionality to the pivot chart in
Excel 2000 or newer?

Cheers

The Frog
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

*** BUMP *** 24hrs
Bump has no meaning in newsgroups.

Mr.Frog.to.you@googlemail.com wrote:

> *** BUMP *** 24hrs

0
birelan (531)
8/5/2008 12:36:05 PM
It got your attention Bob :-)

Mr.Frog.to.you@googlemail.com wrote:

> It got your attention Bob :-)

Yes, but what was your orignal question? If you had quoted it in your
"bump" you had at least a chance of an answer. But this is a newsgroup
and folks don't generally keep old headers and messages. As I said, bump
does nothing in newsgroups.

0
birelan (531)
8/6/2008 1:09:05 PM
At least the OP stayed in the same thread:

<original post>
Hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone knows a way to provide a dynamic chart based
on a pivot table with similar functionality to the pivot chart in
Excel 2000 or newer?

Cheers

The Frog
<end of original post>

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

sandymann2@mailinator.com

> Mr.Frog.to.you@googlemail.com wrote:
>
>> It got your attention Bob :-)
>
> Yes, but what was your orignal question? If you had quoted it in your
> "bump" you had at least a chance of an answer. But this is a newsgroup and
> folks don't generally keep old headers and messages. As I said, bump does
> nothing in newsgroups.

0
sandymann2 (1054)

Pivot Tables #4

excel insert watermark
Saw the suggestions re "inserting" picture in header/footer. Thought this was only possible in word. I want to add the word APPROVED" to the file copy once a costing evaluation spreadsheet has management approval to proceed. See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0005.html Excel FAQs - Watermarks -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Your Friend Al" <Your Friend Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097CB8D1-8B9F-4CFA-B01B-97D567543842@microsoft.com... > Saw the suggestions re "inserting"...

How To Open Chart Wizard Dialog on Excel 2003
Hi All, I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code my code is the follow excel.Dialogs[mode].Show(missing x30); where excel = new Excel.Application mode = xlDialogChartWizard missing = System.Type.Missing; show has 30 args so i repeat missing 30 times this code works for the xlDialogPivotTableWizard dialog Help me pls Thx in Advance Hi, I don't know a thing about C#, but why not exclude the Show arguments? -- Cheers, Shane Devenshire "VeNoMiS" wrote: > Hi All, > I need to open the Chart Wizard Dialog by c# code > > my code is the follow > >...

Pivot Table Counting

Sending from excel to word template
PLEASE HELP ME i have macro like this below which includes records from excel to word template, but I'd like to convert it in such way, that it includes records from excel to one word document (It is preparing one word document now for every record from excel). It should works like that: excel opens word template and inludes every record from excel to bookmarks in word template and then it saves document. Are You able to convert this macro below? Best regards Thomas Sub Auto_open() Range("Bad name of file") = ThisWorkbook.path & "\" & "szablon.doc"...

Pivot Tables

Pivot Chart Formatting #5

chart template problems
When I save a chart template out in ppt 2007, it only seems to hold the colors and style of the default series. For instance, in a line chart, the first 3 series are the colors I have set along with the right line style and marker type. But if I add more series, they default to random colors (it doesn't even seem to be pulling from the color palette). When I was customizing the chart, I made sure all the fills and lines were a specific color and not set to automatic. When I insert a chart using the saved chart template, however, it only holds some of the styles. Any ideas?? ...

join multiple pivot tables?

Bar Chart Comparison
I'm having difficulties setting up some comparison charts. I have 2 groups I want to compare (Planned and Actual work days) and (Planned and Actual review days). Heres the way the data is layed out: Production Development Days Difference ________________________________________________________ Planned Co Review Days 864 33 Actaul Co Review Days 897 Planned Co Development Days 585 327 Actaul Co Development Days 912 Can you point me in the right direction for setting up a comparison of Review Days (planned and actual) and Development Days (planned and actual)? Everytime I m...

I just installed xl2000 on my laptop. I have been using it on my pc so I copied and pasted my personalxl file into the xlstart folder, thinking I would have things at least close to the same on the laptop. The problem: Now when I open XL I have to select “New” to get a new workbook opened. If I remove personalxl from the xlstart folder everything works the way it is supposed to. I tried to save a workbook to the xlstart as a template with the name book.xlt and that did not help. (I did that after I put personalxl back into the xlstart folder.) I think I am missing this by a ‘Peri...

Access XP >> 2000 >> 97
I have on my machine Acc2003, AccXP, Acc2000 and Acc97. Each customer and its needs... I have written a small application in Acc2000 and it was also opened with AccXP (Acc2000 File format) Then I realised my customer had only Acc97. I did the conversion from AccXP AND from Acc2000 and every time I try to open a form in Acc97 I get a crash message and Access closes. Is there a way to convert it to prior Access version that works? -- (�`�.��.���`�.��.->YmK<-.��.���`�.��.���) Yaacov Klapisch VB/Access Programmer - System Admin. y@klapisch.net If you have ADO code in your 2000 app, it ...

Crashing when finishing charts
Hello, I'm experiencing a problem with Excel where whenever (almost every single time) I try to finish a chart (click the finish button), Excel freezes and I lose all of my progress. Sometimes this happens when I am still in the process of picking my chart options. Has anyone else had this problem? I've had this problem for a while and have since reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Excel, but the problem still persists. I am running Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (11.6355.6408) SP1 on a Windows XP machine. Please help, Thank you! wruwtrix :confused: -- wruwtrix -------------...

Charting flood data
Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? Never heard of Extreme log paper or a Gumbel chart, but based on the definition of the Gumbel distribution at Mathworld http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GumbelDistribution.html I presume that it plots ln(-ln(y)) vs. x That is not a chart option in Excel, but you can calculate ln(-ln(y)) in a separate column and plot it directly. Jerry Rick wrote: > Does anyone know how to get excel to chart data on a chart like Extreme log paper or log Gumbel chart? You can use a technique like t...

mail merge labels from excel database
Can anyone give me the instructions to do a mail merge for labels from an excel database? Using Word with Excel as the data source is easiest, if you can ; you can find instructions here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm If Word n/a, post back with more details of your data layout. Rgds, Andy ...

Excel Chart Customization
Working with Excel 2007. Created a column graph detailing emails organized by subject. The column graphs are seen but I would like the additional feature of having percent numbers appear above each column. For example, if 5% of email was about 'marketing' I would like to see "5%" appear above the column representing marketing email. Additionally, I would like to see the chart appear in a word document without the surrounding cells and the ability to ''size" the chart to fit in or next to the text of a report. Much thanks for any guidance. Hi...

Excel sheet not visible
When I open a local copy all I can see is the content of 1 cell in the menu bar, the work area is all blank gray. I can see the complete sheet (3 Pages) in print preview. Most users have no problem with this sheet. I have repaired the installation of Office 2000 and ran all updates, Same problem. It is something on the local PC that is causing this effect. Other sheets show up just fine. This is a very simple spred sheet with no formulas. Maybe it's just off the screen. Window|Arrange|Tiled (and then resize it the way you want) New group user 944 wrote: > > When I open a l...

Line-bar chart on 2 axis
I have a line chart representing data correctly on one axis. I add the line for the secondary axis and it looks fine, I change it to bars and it does not span the full length of the Y axis. It gets shortened to half its original length. The custom line-bar chart provided with excel is not working either. I have over 1000 plot points on one axis and only 23 on the secondary axis, could this be afecting the chart from displaying properly? TIA George You should be able to change the display by adjusting the min. / max. values of the secondary y-axis (double-click the secondary y-axis, th...

Help with pivot table

FILTERING IN EXCEL
IF YOU HAVE A + B+ C = X AND YOU FILTER SO ONLY A IS VISIBLE, HOW DO YOU GET X TO ONLY EQUAL A? I suspect you can use SUBTOTAL(), but you really don't give enough detail to do more than guess... In article <A09268A0-6E41-4459-BC84-C6FC5E15AF88@microsoft.com>, "SWMARINE" <SWMARINE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > IF YOU HAVE A + B+ C = X AND YOU FILTER SO ONLY A IS VISIBLE, HOW DO YOU GET > X TO ONLY EQUAL A? ...

Possible to chart data for dates implicit within a range?
I have a list of computer programs with start and end dates for each. I need to determine how many programs were running on my system on any given day. Can I get this data for individual days between the start and end dates without creating columns for each intermediate day? Ex.: Program 1 ran from 01/01/2005 to 01/14/2005. Program 2 ran from 01/06/2005 to 01/22/2005. Is it possible to chart the total number of programs running on 01/08/2005 without manually creating a column for that date? Thanks, Nechama You can compute this with formulas. Star with data in A1:C4 as follows: ...

RMS & SBA chart of accounts mismatch types.
I'm not sure if anyone else has had this particular problem, but the way SBA sets up Inventory in chart of accounts as an "Inventory Asset" is correct, and pretty standard. I set up the RMS Connector for RMS and when it attempts to map accounts, it will not recognize an "Inventory Asset" account. It creates and "Inventory-POS" Other Current Asset account. Is there a way to change the account type after the fact? It is posting my inventory reductions into the POS account it created rather than the original Inventory account already set up. ...

Hyperlink in Pivot Table