person number

How can I in excel calculate the age if I have the person number
YYMMDD-xxxx?

500101-1234  --> 56

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

=DATEDIF(DATE(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),MID(A1,5,2)),TODAY(),"y")

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

<f_ringberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> How can I in excel calculate the age if I have the person number
> YYMMDD-xxxx?
>
> 500101-1234  --> 56

0
nicolaus (2022)
2/21/2006 10:54:31 AM
Datedif? I have excel swedish version, i don't find it...

Niek Otten wrote:
> =DATEDIF(DATE(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),MID(A1,5,2)),TODAY(),"y")
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Niek Otten
>
> <f_ringberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > How can I in excel calculate the age if I have the person number
> > YYMMDD-xxxx?
> >
> > 500101-1234  --> 56

I have a dictionary of Excel functions which indicates that DATEDIF has the
same name in Swedish.
But you must have the Analysis Toolpac loaded
Also this is an unsupported function and it does not appear in Help
See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

> Datedif? I have excel swedish version, i don't find it...
>
> Niek Otten wrote:
>> =DATEDIF(DATE(LEFT(A1,2),MID(A1,3,2),MID(A1,5,2)),TODAY(),"y")
>>
>> --
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Niek Otten
>>
>> <f_ringberg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> > How can I in excel calculate the age if I have the person number
>> > YYMMDD-xxxx?
>> >
>> > 500101-1234  --> 56

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
2/21/2006 2:08:10 PM
Thanks it works. If I can get the age from yymmdd-xxxx is it also
possible from xxxx to calculate if it's a male or female??

On 22 Feb 2006 00:01:36 -0800, wrote in microsoft.public.excel:

>Thanks it works. If I can get the age from yymmdd-xxxx is it also
>possible from xxxx to calculate if it's a male or female??

Probably, if you tell us the rule. Odd/even for male/female? Ranges?

--
Michael Bednarek  http://mbednarek.com/  "POST NO BILLS"
0

Software to match an email address to a person
Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have to a person? I have a yahoo email address and I need to know the name of the person. Thanks, Jasper i don't believe it's possible...anyone can open a yahoo email account with any bogus name...if it's not in the "display", i don't see how you'd get a valid name... "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23WPfENFEFHA.1188@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Does anybody know of a software that can match an email address that I have > to a person? > >...

Different page numbering in sections
In Word 2007, my page numbering is correct in section2 (beginning at 1, different first page). I want to eliminate all page numbering from section1, but how? I tried "Remove page numbering" - no effect. If I select the page number in the footer, it disappears from the entire document even though section2 footer is *not* "same as previous". I tried inserting { IF { PAGE } < 5 ""} in the footer and got that in place of the number! You must unlink the Section 2 footer from the Section 1 footer before you can delete the page number from Section 1. ...

2nd Post. Please help with Personal files
Hello, I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-mail. In other words when I bring my laptot .pst file to my desktop, I dont wanr my e=mail on my desktop to written over. Please help. I made a major mistake yesterday when I brought my laptop file over and it wrote over all of my desktop e-mails. Thank You very much Mark Mark W. wrote: > Hello, > I need help configuring my desktop to use the same calender and contacts > as my notebook, but I want both computers to have different e-m...

I can't seem to add a logo to my personal information
The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a logo to it. Any suggestions? Edit a logo for a personal information set http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP030713481033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kitsal" <kitsal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E384EDC-D43D-4EAF-84FD-4CC05086C816@microsoft.com... > The area where my logo could be added is grayed out and I can't seem to add a > logo to it. Any suggestions? ...

convert a number to text (in english)
How can i convert a number to text , but in english (for example, i have the number 12345 stored on cell A1 and i want to somehow have the text "Twelve thousand and three hunderd and fourty five" in another cell, for example cell A2). i tried to do it using BAHTTEXT but i get a nonreadable text. Costa, Put the functions below into a standard codemodule - watch line wrapping errors - and use it by entering =MakeWords(12345) or =MakeWords(A2) where A2 contains 12345 HTH, Bernie Function MakeWords(ByVal InValue As Double) As String MakeWords = "" n = InValue tr...

Choose folder with largest filename number
Hello How would I filter through a set of directories that have numbers for filenames and determine which filename is the largest thanks for any help I modofied an old macro that I wrote to do this request. I didn't use filesearch becasue it doesn't run on some PC's. Instead I used a recursive routine that I wrote which goes through all sub directories and searches for filename starting with specific characters. change BasefileName in the code below as required and change the starting folder name. I ran this code I my PC and got Book4.xls as the largest version...

What is Personal.xls
What exactly is the personal.xls file? I created the macro to create the file as a test (I'm always testing something to see if I can make it work) and now it opens with every excel file. I know I can delete it, but what is it used for? Thanks! When you start recording a macro, Excel asks where you want to store it. Your three choices are: current workbook, a fresh workbook, or your personal workbook. Personal.xls is the last choice; it's a single place to collect all your VBA code so it's available whenever you start Excel. -- HTH - -Frank Microsoft Excel MVP Dolphin Techn...

WHERE IS PERSONAL.XLS
I have just upgraded my PC and had to reinstall EXCEL2002. I am using WinXP pro. I have a copy of my old PERSONAL.XLS in which I have several of my personal macros. When I went to copy it into my new copy of EXCEL2002 I can't find the XLSTART directory or the PERSONAL.XLS file in the new installation ? Can anyone help me, please ? ... Roger Try typing ?application.StartupPath in the VBE immediate window to find it. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Roger O" <roger46@skynet.be> wrote in message news:OSFzTV4hFHA.3256@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded my P...

Personal Folder #2
Greetings, I use the outlook 2000 as a mail appliction interface to the exchange 2000 server and save my mails in a personel folder then, I get a problem when i open my personel folder file (*.pst), i used "scanpst" tool to recover my *.pst file but it gaves me an error and stopped, My pst file is over 2Gega bytes and it include a very critical data to me. please help how can i recover my mails from that file? Your .pst file has exceeded the default limit for that type of file and is now probably corrupt. See this page for some assistance: http://www.slipstick.com/proble...

Account Number Segment Desc
Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc? Bab, Table GL40200 is the Segment Description Master. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Bab" <Bab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45DED1F0-DF10-44F1-9398-7834F7CF69A3@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know which table/s hold the Account Number segment Desc? I have Demo GP 9.0 and all the description on this table are blank. why is that? Is that because its a demo table? "Victoria [MVP]" wrote: > Bab, > > Table GL40200 is the Segment D...

Search cells with many numbers a few numbers?
In Excel, I'd like to search cells which have many numbers in each, they are separated by spaces. I'd like to look in the cells for a few numbers. The logic statements do not seem to work. How do I do this? ...

how to add ...person wrote...email address..reply
My question about Outlook: How do I have this entered automatically when sending a reply? "In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes:" Is there a website to learn this? Or is there software that will do this and some other such entries. The automatic...out of office...we can find.. I have not been able to find this online. Thanks. help... In a message dated 9/21/09 11:10:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, dbell5@carolina.rr.com writes: ...

ADDING A NUMBER

multiple personal folders #12
HI, I have multiple "Personal Folders" directories in my Outlook 2007. The reason is probably that I imported several old archive. Is there a way to fuse or merge these directories? Or perhaps move the contents to one and than delete the other empty one? Thanks You can copy and paste from one folder to another. You can then close any folder that isn't your default (unless you corrupted your profile by importing a PST file). -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paul" <paa17@planiet.nl> wrote in message news:4968f5ea$0$30616$9a622dc7@news.kpnplanet.nl... >...

Criteria for check numbers only
Access 2007, Vista SP2 Ultimate I have a check register in which I enter both the umbers of checks I write and the debit card POS entries. I need to be able to separate out the checks from the debit entries. I have the criteria for the query to separate out the POS transactions in a query: Like 'DBT*' Or Like 'DBT*' But, I am having a hard time figuring out what criteria I need to separate out the check numbers (such as 123, or 371) from the 'DBT' entries in that field for the check number query. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Jan :...

My column headers are numbers
Hello there, The column headings in my spreadsheet are numbers not letters. What have I done? Thank you in advance for your help. Judith Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and uncheck 'R1C1 Reference Style' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "JudithJubilee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:097301c4d871$66a88240$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hello there, > The column headings in my spreadsheet are numbers not > letters. What have I done? > > Thank you in advance for your help. > Judith ...

search telephone numbers outlook 2007
Please help I cant seem to search for telephone numbers once they have been altered in a hyperlink ie when you type tel:0111122223 followed by either a space or return in an appointment. even using the advanced search criteria? can telephone number be searched? you could search for tel No's in earlier versions of outlook what am I doing wrong. Thank you KC ...

Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin for Stock Count Entry Screen
Would like an additional sort selection in the Stock Count Entry Screen. Sort by: Site ID/Item Number/Bin ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7e69d84a-032e-4f61...

Custom Number Format #4
hi there, I�ve got a list of equipments that are tagged with the company� inventory number. Each item has its own tag which�s composed by eigh characters and the first is separated by an "-" , like this example *1-0012345*. Unfortunately the list is generated by an old system that can hold onl 12 character tags and doesn�t support any other symbols. Therefore, it puts a couple of ZEROS to replace the " - " symbol, an another couple of ZEROS at the end to sum up 12 characters. In the end the tags look like: *100001234500*. How can I format the tag column to display the o...

PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro
Hi, can any please advise me why on opening Excel 2000 on my works PC I ge two files opening i.e. PERSONAL.XLS & PERSONAL.XLS.pro as opposed to only one i.e. PERSONAL.XLS on my home PC. Is it safe to delete the PERSONAL.XLS.pro and if so how ? Many thanks Ro -- robertgu 44 Married two kid ----------------------------------------------------------------------- robertguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=596 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26452 I've never heard of THAT file. It sounds to me lik...

NUMBERS
HOW DO I PUT A ZERO IN FRONT OF MY NUMBERS EVERY TIME I GO TO NEXT CELL THE ZERO DISAPERS AND A COMMA APEARS I DONT WANT THIS?? HEL THANKS Hi first: please turn of your CAPS-Lock. It's considered as shouting in newsgroups Not quite sure about your issue but ry 'Tools - options - Edit' and uncheck 'fixed Decimals' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany LILA wrote: > HOW DO I PUT A ZERO IN FRONT OF MY NUMBERS EVERY TIME I GO TO NEXT > CELL THE ZERO DISAPERS AND A COMMA APEARS I DONT WANT THIS??? > > HELP > > THANKS Hi Lila! What numbers are you...

personal folder
Hi, I have upgraded my machine with Office XP Professional from Office 2000, everything is okey except personal folder all my inbox, sent items have not been retained. Please help!!!! ...

CONVERT Numbers-As-Text to PURE Numbers when converting to xls ??
I have a table that has a text field which stores only numbers. I'm not sure why it is formatted as text...but it always is...and I currently have to control over its creation. I have a report based on a query which is very often "Output To" an XLS format via a Macro (it very cooly works with one click) so it can be used in a spreadsheet. Well...that text field with numbers comes into excel as text, of course. At least the excel indicates so with little triangles in the cells' corners. Excel also provides a little pull down mention which allows a quick convert to true n...

Credit Card Number Formatting
Hi Folks - In Excel 2002, if I enter a 16 digit credit card number, Excel will display the first few digits appended with E+15. Is there a way to force Excel to display the 16 digits without entering a single quote first? Thanks. Mike Since you are not doing any calculations with these numbers precede the entry with an apostrophe, that will make it text but the limits with regards to numbers (limit is 15 digits) is not there. You can also format the cells as text before you enter the numbers -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Michael" <mlaferriere@homekeyinc.com> wrote in mes...

Number to time conversion
I'm sure the answers here, but I can't sort it out. I have data entered as general number with no punctuation that needs to be converted to military time. How do I convert it without losing the time entered? How about posting *SEVERAL* representative samples and let us know what results you expect. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "ahdoj" <ahdoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A4F62E7-7095-4BC6-93FF-44DBD42B0BA7@microsoft.com... > I'm sure the answers here, but I can't sort it out. > > I have data entered as gene...