Pasting Values

Hi,

I have developed a quoting tool which creates an output sheet detailing
all the info, What I would like to be able to do is take a copy of this
and paste the values (and Format to a new workbook). I'm currently
doing this manually and I unsure how to automate it!

I have never used VB which I'm guessing is the only way of doing it, so
please be gentle!!

Thanks,

Sam.

--
sammy2x
sammy2x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29674

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How do I set up a chart to only chart values greater than 0
I have a chart in Excell that I would like to only have chart those items with a value of greater than 0 (zero). Not sure if there is a better, easier way than having manually manipulate the data. Let's say the values are in B1:B20 In C1 enter =IF(B1>0,B1,NA()) Now use column C for the chart; the displayed #N/A values will be ignored by the chart engine best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "debra49424" <debra49424@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A513E053-4AD9-44FE-952E-E9A60F49...

Paste special treats cells as a picture
I just got a new computer, and a newer version of excel, which is great, but whenever I try to copy from one file to another, my paste special function treats the copied cells as a picture. Instead of the normal paste special popup, where it asks me how I want the data to come out, I get a different popup that shows the source as a "Microsoft Office Excel Worksheet Object." It asks me what format I want the picture to come out as, and gives me a list of different file formats. If I try to just paste a link, it puts a picture of the other file on the new one. I talked to so...

Need null values for several fields in db
I have an equipment inventory db. I need to run a query that would give me the records that contain null values in several of the fields. I have run a successful query to return records that have a null value in one field but don't know how to combine so that query returns records that also have null values in other fields or any other fields. Please advise -- dmp You join the seperate queries with a UNION. SELECT * From YourTable WHERE YourField Is NULL UNION SELECT * From YourTable WHERE YourField2 Is NULL UNION SELECT * From YourTable WHERE YourField3 Is NUL...

Text values to numeric values
Is there a formula to convert a text value in a cell to a numeri value? Thanks, Jayveeja -- jayveeja ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayveejay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39463 Good afternoon Jatveejay Yes there is. Say your numeric value is in A1, in B1 the formula: =VALUE(A1) will show the number as a value. If you wanted to convert a number in its cell from a text number to a value number, ie., not use a formula in a di...

Match values in more than one column
Hi I have three columns of data and wish to highlight the matches or change the format if there are any duplicates. i.e A B C Apple Banana Cheese Banana Orange Milk Chocolate Milk Water Biscuits Pear Bread Wafers Plum Banana So Banana would be highlighted in all, Milk in B and C. I assume I'd use conditional formatting, but the MATCH functio...

Conditional format
Hi Conditional format Is there a way to get a cell's format determined by the format of a different cell?! e.g. Could one get an entire row market up in say bold red if one cell in that row was say less than 100 With thanks Ship Shiperton Henethe Hi Shiperton yep ) select the rows that you want to apply the conditional formatting to, ensuring that the first row of this group is the first row at the top of the screen (it gets confused sometimes if it isn't) the following example assums you've selected from row 2 onwards and you want the row to turn red if ...

Copy and paste formula; Value pastes instead
Excel 2002 I've tried starting several worksheets, checking formats, pasting special (formula only). For some reason the formula actually copies OK by looking at the formula bar, but the value in the cell is identical to the value of the copied cell.Incorrect. Tried even the simplest formulas with no joy. BK ...

Clipboard pasting
I copy something to the clipboard using Publisher 2007 and the computer tells me it is in the clipboard; however, when I go to paste that information into another document, Publisher acts like it is not there. I then need to close the document I wish to paste it into, reopen it, and then, like magic, there is the information in the clipboard and I am able to paste it. UGH!!!!!! -- Ginger Christenson Open the Office Clipboard in Publisher. Edit, Office Clipboard. What program are you pasting to? If it is an Office program, open the Office Clipboard in that program too. -- Mary Sauer ...

Look up multi values
I’m struggling figuring out how you would do the following? Work sheet data. A1 =25 B1 = 40 C D 1 25 30 2 25 40 3 27 41 4 28 42 What I want to do is lookup the values 25 & 40 (A1 & B1) from table C1 D4 Matching the value 25 in Column C & 40 in Column D & return the location in the table to Cell A2? If there is no matching value, were decimals come into play, i.e. 25.8, then return the next largest from column C with its parent value from D, Returned value = 2 or 3 if 25.5. Sounds simple but I get lost very quick! Any Help greatly appreciated. one way. This is an array...

Checking a Yes/No field for its value
I'm trying to set a value in a custom number field based on alternatives in two other fields, and this is what I have tried so far: IIf([Text18]="Business Activity",[Number10],[Number1]), where summary tasks may or may not meet the test condition. This works for tasks and milestones, apart from summary tasks where the relevant value is not copied in - it's set to 0. So how do I add in an additional test for summary tasks to set the value explicitly? Here's what I have tried so far ... IIf( [Summary], truepart, falsepart ) IIf( [Summary]=True, truepart, fa...

"Paste Special" with the right click mouse
I would like to have the option of "Paste Special" with the right click mouse in all microsoft office suite. Thanks, ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=de847738-df56-4...

Numeric values in data area of the pivot tables
How can I bring a numeric data into the data area of a pivot table? I need to sort the numeric values in the numerical order. Any idea? ...

Pasting formulas advances cell reference
Hi When i paste special from one cell into another, it advances the cell reference and i just want an exact match i.e. A1 formula ='Feb 2010'!C18 but when i paste it into another cell it pastes it as ='Feb 2010'!D18 The C changes to D, how do i stop this happening? Thanks for any help in advance Derek Use absolute referencing. Below are the different reference styles. A1 Relative referencing. Both column and row will change if you copy or drag the formula. $A1 The column reference is fixed and will not change A$1 The row reference is fixed and wil...

Parameters And Null Values
I have a query that I wish to return ALL values between 2 dates AND any records that the date happens to be null I have used the following: WHERE (((Schedule.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateFrom] And [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateTo] Or (Schedule.DateSubmitted) Is Null)) And the result is ONLY the Null values. WHERE (((Schedule.DateSubmitted) Between [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateFrom] And [Forms]![ViewReports]![DateTo] And (Schedule.DateSubmitted) Is Null)) And the result is Nothing...an empty set. What do I need to do so that it will show me all records betwe...

Copy/Paste loop
I have a form on one sheet in excel, on the next sheet i have mad different coloums with different headings. I want the data from th form to be copyed to each heading e.g. name in form is copyed to unde the coloum with title name. So each time a user fills in there details he/she clicks submit an there data is copyed to the next page, like a small database. Is there a macro that can do this as i keep getting different error each time. I want this to continue in a loop Please help!!:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This might get you started: Option Explicit Opti...

Searching for values
I would like to create a report for the following: 1 - Read a worksheet with data like the following: C1 C2 R 1 - John Smith A R 2 - John Smith A R 3 - John Smith A R4 - Bob Jones 2 R5 - Bob Jones 1 R6 - Bob Jones 12 2 - Produce a report for every occurrence of John Smith: C1 C2 R 1 - John Smith A R 2 - John Smith A R 3 - John Smi...

how to add a horizontal benchmark value line in a column chart?
I need to create a vertical column chart with a horizontal benchmark line to show where the expected value is. Is this possible in Excel? Hi, You will find examples of adding datum lines to charts here, including links to other site examples. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Mike Chro" <Mike Chro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C17CFDA2-A8D5-46D9-81E9-2CC2C4D54C4E@microsoft.com... >I need to create a vertical column chart with a horizontal benchmark line >to...

When I copy a picture and paste it into Publisher it disappears
I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into Publisher and the picture disappears. What version of Publisher? What happens if you go to... Insert / Picture / From File? -- John Inzer "Cathy" <Cathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF2CA50C-78D9-47DB-8799-E9C3C9171038@microsoft.com... >I have tried to copy a picture from my documents and paste it into >Publisher > and the picture disappears. I am using Office Profession Edition 2003. I tried another picture and so far it is still there. Thanks. "John Inzer"...

Spreadsheet produces error values
I have a very large and complex spreadsheet - 6MB on the disk, about 20 worksheets, user-defined functions. It all calculates correctly, without any obvious error values. However, if I copy a worksheet into another completely new workbook (copying the values only, not the formulae), all the user-defined values in my spreadsheet show a #VALUE! error. Those errors go away again as soon as I press the F9 key. One of the possible causes that occurs to me is that the user-defined functions are not self-contained. For example, one of the functions will use data from another part of the sprea...

Paste and Paste Special
What are the differences between paste and paste special and are these two functions the same for XP software from different sources? e.g Word, Publisher, Ventura and Word Perfect? -- _ _________________________________________ / \._._ |_ _ _ /' Orpheus Internet Services \_/| |_)| |(/_|_|_> / 'Internet for Everyone' _______ | ___________./ http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk ...

pasting the result of a search
TIA once again. I have a macro that will search a wide range of cells to find a particular piece of data. when it finds that data, i need the macro to copy that data exactly 5 cells to the right of where it finds it. i can find the data, copy the data, (so that the little ants are running around the cell) but i do not know how to paste it to a different location that is based upon the original location. i tried to use "offset" but it seems like it requires a starting range, and the starting range will be different each time the macro selects a different piece of data. Can I use...

Check for Duplicate value BeforeUpdate
Hello all, I have a problem with updating on my form. I have a form, TrainingHistory, that is linked to a table by the same name. There are three fields showing: FullName, ClassName, and DateTaken. For each person, I am only interested in the MOST RECENT date they took any given class. So what I want is to be able to enter a name and class, and have Access check the table for this combination of name and class. If such an entry already does exist, I would like the form to bring up that entry, and that entry alone, for editing of the date. There should also be a message explaining what ju...

# Value formula
I have a formula thats keeps giving me this return: in cell J47=if(I47<25,H47<if(I47>=25,H47+I47)) Is ther a way to prevent this? I bet you typed in the wrong formula in the post. But check each of those cells to see if they are all numeric. (if you have text in H47, then H47+I47 would cause that error.) Colin2u wrote: > > I have a formula thats keeps giving me this return: in cell > J47=if(I47<25,H47<if(I47>=25,H47+I47)) > Is ther a way to prevent this? -- Dave Peterson "=?Utf-8?B?Q29saW4ydQ==?=" <Colin2u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Check column header value
Hi, I would like to verify the value of certain column header. How does the code looks like? eg. check, if column J = "Product_Name", do A, else stop. if column AC = "Price", do A, else stop. Thank you. choo Just want add that they are all on row 1. This checks each field and will "run" the "do A" twice if both are found. With worksheets("somesheetnamehere") if lcase(.range("j1").value) = lcase("Product_Name") then msgbox "do A" end if if lcase(.range("ac1").val...

Excel to Word : Paste special>Paste Link> Excel Chart Obj doesn't
When I copy a chart from an Excell 2007 file and paste it as: Paste Special > Paste link > Microsoft Office Excel Chart Object I get a blank white picture (with gridlines in middle and a red (x) in the top left corner). It does not show correctly. However, the link is working correctly. after troubleshooting: I noticed that if I paste the same chart with 2700 rows of data the chart shows properly. But when I go above the 2700 rows of data the chart does not display properly. when I pasted the chart with the original 47000 rows of data it was not diplaying proper...