Paste problem

Hi

I made an annual leave workbook  for all employee each one has his own
sheet with his own records and total

Ex : From=A2         TO=B2             C2= Total
       01/01/2008       02/01/2008       2 DAYS
       01/02/2008       05/02/2008       6 DAYS

I made a sheet for all employees and i created a sheet called summary
that will allow me to know the total of days in each month
Ex:

A2=Name       B2= 01/08          C2=02/08              D2=03/08
ETC
A3Tia             B3  2 days          C3 6 days             D3   0
A4 John         B4     0
0                            0

What i need to do is to copy the total FROM THE WIDTH AND BE ABLE TO
PAST IT IN THE COLUMS

EX: COPY (C3:C40) AND PASTE IT IN (B3 TILL D3)

HOPE U UNDERSTOOD IT GUYS

Please help

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Presumably, then, you got the summary sheet to work ...

This post doesn't make any sense to me - can you re-phrase it please?

Pete

"Tia" <tia.abdelkarim@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I made an annual leave workbook  for all employee each one has his own
> sheet with his own records and total
>
> Ex : From=A2         TO=B2             C2= Total
>       01/01/2008       02/01/2008       2 DAYS
>       01/02/2008       05/02/2008       6 DAYS
>

> I made a sheet for all employees and i created a sheet called summary
> that will allow me to know the total of days in each month
> Ex:
>
> A2=Name       B2= 01/08          C2=02/08              D2=03/08
> ETC
> A3Tia             B3  2 days          C3 6 days             D3   0
> A4 John         B4     0
> 0                            0
>

> What i need to do is to copy the total FROM THE WIDTH AND BE ABLE TO
> PAST IT IN THE COLUMS
>
> EX: COPY (C3:C40) AND PASTE IT IN (B3 TILL D3)
>
> HOPE U UNDERSTOOD IT GUYS
>
> Please help

0
pashurst (2576)

Printing problem
Something in Excel has popped up; something new which is driving me NUTS! I had a document which I was printing to a file and then making into a PDF. It was about 17 pages and was printing FINE. OK, then I needed to make a couple more pages for notes. So I copied a couple sheets like I normally did to create new sheets and made my notes pages. NOW, however, when I go to print the dang thing, it prints IN SEVERAL FILES. It used to print in ONE file so I could make my PDF file out of it. But now, NOOOOOO. When printing it keeps prompting me for new filenames. This is driving me NUTS!!!! ...

Macro problem #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' Macro recorded 3/16/2005 by jim ' ' Range("B9").Select Selection.Cut Range("F8").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Range("F10").Select End Sub Hello How do I get this macro to start where it stops? I want it to cut cell B9 then paste it to cell F8 then move to cell F10, this works over & over. I need this macro to cut a cell then move up one row & to the right 4 columns and paste then move back to where it started then move down 2 rows. Thank You Both below require NO sel...

Vista <-> Pocket PC synchronization problems
Dear all, I have various problems with Windows Mobile Device Center, but basically it refuses to identify my Qtek 9100 device as connected and consequently doesn't sync. Installed: - Windows Vista Enterprise x86 (32-bit) - WMDC Beta 3 - MS Office 2007 - have administrator rights Now here's the situation: I created a partnership and synced all data OK only the first time. After that there's a plethora of ways things can go wrong, but none right. Here's just some examples of what happens when I put Qtek 9100 in the cradle (BTW, as a storage, both internal and storage card it ...

Problems launching process
In the following code I am attempting to launch Internet Explorer and display an html document in the browser. Internet Explorer runs fine but the html document cannot be displayed. No matter if I pass the full path or just the filename to the function the document cannot be displayed. // Begin code --------------- // Html file is viewed by launching Internet Explorer via RunBrowser() // CString sHtmlFile = _T("test.html"); RunBrowser("C:\\Program Files\\Internet Explorer\\Iexplore.exe", "test.html"); // Function that launches process void CMyView::RunBrowser...

missing password/2004 installation problems
Hi - I was on the phone with tech support today for 75 minutes. I believe I have a bad disk (errors with disk on 2 computers). 2004 wipped out my 2000 installation and when I tried to restore my 2000 installation it asked for a password. I don't have a password and don't recall ever putting a password in. Please help! ALL of my financial data is in that file for the entire year. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Patti wrote: > >I was on the phone with tech support today for 75 >minutes. I believe I have a bad disk (errors with disk >on 2 computers). 200...

problem with csv
When I export from a database I get the top line all in csv which appears to be in row A (which is the names of all the columns and the rest of the sheet is correct with all the data in relevant columns. How do I split that top row (which is Comma Separated) into coulumns automatically. I'm sure it is a simply process. thanks plato There is an easy way in Excel to split apart a cell without having to re-type its contents. Click on the cell. Pull-down Data > Text to Columns... > then check delimited and next check comma. The single cell should then split. Good Luck -- G...

Problem in resizing controls in a Form View -Find the error out
Hi everyone Can someone look at my code and tell me where I am going wrong I have 2 controls in a form view List box,ListCtrl The problem is 1.The application comes in restored state and When the application is maximised the controls become much bigger 2.When I try to resize the controls become smaller and thats fine but when the resizing touches the WindowDC ,all teh controls disappear. How should I handle the code Here is the code and tell me where exactly the problem ?I have searched lot of sites where they give the code but can anybody point the error out MyView.h CSize m_sizClie...

Hiding columns problem
Hello All, When I try to hide a number of columns in part of my spreadsheet, I receive to following message: 'Cannot Shift objects off sheet' According to the Microsoft website, this is because there are cells with comments in the area that is being hidden. I cannot see any comments in the cells, even with show all comments enabled. Can anyone help on this. Graham > When I try to hide a number of columns in part of my spreadsheet, I receive > to following message: > > 'Cannot Shift objects off sheet' It could also be formats. Select a range of columns star...

Publisher 2003 font problem
I used the Rockwell font for many files created with Publisher 2000. After I upgraded to Publisher 2003, Rockwell is not even listed. The font IS installed because I use it in other programs. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Rockwell on my hard drive, but this did not solve my problem. I do not use a font manager, but I have several font listers. One of these programs shows Rockwell and other fonts with an OpenType (not TrueType) symbol. Publisher 2003 does not recognize any of the fonts that are considered OpenType. How can I fix this? http://support.microsoft.com/default...

XL2007
I have a spreadsheet that uses the following sequence to scale the y axis of an X-Y scatter graph with lines drawn between points from VBA and it works perfectly in all previous versions of Excel. It fails with XL2007 rather catastrophically. The main spreadsheet was imported from XL2003. I have looked in the KB and archives here and not found any other reports of this problem so I don't know if it is something peculiar about this particular installation or what. It is reproducible in a toy chart in pure XL2007. The failing lines are; ActiveChart.Axes(xlSecondary).Select ok = Applicati...

phone textbox default value problem
I have a phone field and I have a default area code set and when I tab to the field the area code is highlighted and I have to click off of it to enter data. How can I have it so when I tab to the field I can immediatly start typing the phone number after the area code? If the area code is different than the default I figure I could just back space and change it. 90% of the time the default will be correct. I have the input mask as !\(999") "000\-0000;0;_ and the default value as (916), I am leaving the formatting info in because I have to import the data and it has the...

Outlook connector, connection problems still annoying...
Hello, (my hope is that someone from MS read this, reported more than one time via feedback) I have one problem with the Outlook connector which is more than annoying. I have added 5 Hotmail accounts, and I have added Outlook 2007 to my Autostart folder. Unfortunately I have sometimes problems with my rouuter/ISP at windows startup, with the result that I get 5 message boxes which ask me for my Hotmail password. That's annoying. Peter It sounds like you need to delay outlook's start. There are utilities that can control the start order and add delays or you can use a batch file ...

How to fix "An object cannot be found" problem?
I cannot use M/S Outlook email because it states, "An object cannot be found"? How to fix? On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:29:03 -0800, Jim - Houston wrote: > I cannot use M/S Outlook email because it states, "An object cannot be > found"? How to fix? See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354 helps. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights ...

Help! Tiled printing problem
Hi all, This is driving me crazy. I've designed a business card in Publisher. I'm trying to print using the tiled command, so I get 10 on the page (A4). I check the appropriate box in publisher, but when I click print it keeps printing only one in the centre of the paper. Sometimes the checkbox will even change from tiled printing to one in the centre after I've clcked the print button! I just tried it again on some spare paper (before I use photo paper) and it printed correctly, but then the next time it only printed a single card in the centre again. Any ideas? Windows XP,...

Pub 2003 Print Problem
Print preview and prints show whole page shifted slightly to the right (extra large left margin). Most obvious in landscape. I have three Postscript printers all with 4mm margins and things worked fine with Pub 2000. Page setup shown OK as A4 and basically 29.7 x 21cm (a few strange extra decimals thrown in). No download fixes available yet. Ideas anyone? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Greg <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Print preview and prints show whole page shifted slightly > to the right (extra large left marg...

Money 2004
Following the installation of Microsoft Money 2004, Outlook Express 6 (OE) and Internet Explorer 6 (SP1) are very slow with Hyperlink. This problem happen only when Money is install, running or not. When I click-on an Hyperlink from mail received, Ooutlook Express freeze for about 4 minutes and then resume without linking to the Internet Explorer. This seems to be a bug with Money 2004 because as soon that I uninstall the program the bug disappear. Setup:Intel Pentium 3 800 Mhz, 512 MB SDRAM, XP Professional,IE6 SP1, and OE 6 SP1. All program in system tray were closed except for ...

Excel super slow on paste function in 2007
When you copy and paste one cell to another I get the circular waiting bar and after 4-5 seconds it pastes. If I'm doing a bunch of cells, it still takes 4-5 seconds per cell and the cells will appear right to left, 1 every 4-5 seconds until it's complete. If I hit ESC, everything copies and pastes right away. This started happening when we converted a 2003 file to 2007. It affects everyone so it's not my PC, it's the document. There are no active add-ons but I recently downloaded an add-in that I got from this discussion board to find hidden links (it's d...

Problem with Rectangle
In office 2003 i used a macro that play with rectangles, and everything fine But now in Office 2007 give me a run time error (1004) Application-defined or object-defined error. the code is: Workbooks(fich_curto).Sheets(nome_sheet).Shapes(rectang).TextFrame.Characters(Start:=lnInitialCharCount + k * 255 - 254, Length:=255).Text = Mid(Workbooks("OPEX Comments").Sheets("Sheet2").Range("J17").Value, k * 255 - 254, 255) Should i have to install any reference? ou any other stuff Thanks ...

Adding minutes to Now() problem...
Hi, I currently have a problem regarding adding times. Situation is this, I have a column with numbers representing minutes, and another column that I want to display the current date and time PLUS those minutes. eg If todays date and time is 13/07/2004 13:52, and I have 3000 in my minutes column, then i want my target cell to read 15/07/2004 15:52 However I'm using =NOW()+TIME(0,F4,0) and this is giving me 13/07/2004 15:52. So it's ignoring the days.... Is it something to do with formatting or is my formula the wrong one for what I am trying to achieve??? Many thanks in advance!...

Problem when export a report to a pdf file
I use the following code to export a report to a pdf file : ' Open report as hidden DoCmd.OpenReport p_NomEtat, acViewPreview, , p_CondtionWhere, acHidden ' Print toPDF DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, p_NomEtat, acFormatPDF, p_NomFichierAvecChemin, p_OuvrirDsReader ' Close Report DoCmd.Close acReport, p_NomEtat The second line (docmd.outputto) isn't working with a error (Error n° 2501 : Action cancelled) Please notice that i've got another message (""File Opened by another user" which of course is wrong as the file...

Problems after updated user logon name into AD
Hi all! I updated an user logon name into AD (for example, domain\Heber to domain\Eber) and after I tried to use the Deployment Manager to update the user into CRM 3. I did it for a few users and I don't know why I received an error message and I can't updated it. Also I tried to desable the user and reable but displays an message that already exists this user into CRM and the error below: <description>Invalid user auth.</description> Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more...

Had a problem, dont know where to redownload money
I was using a spyware removal program and it caused my internet connection to stop working, so I reverted back to a saved date or something and it worked, but now Microsoft Money is gone. I paid for the standard version, and when I click the order button and login it says there is an error that I already have it. Just wondering if there is a way it is still on my computer, or if I can download it again. It is the same computer. Which version of Money? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send M...

Problem Changing/verifying Type of Account in Money 2004
After converting from Money 1999 to 2004 I have been unable to include dividend and other data relating to a particular brokerage account in reports. I decided to verify that the account is correctly set up. I have been unable to locate the "change type" option referred to in the help section, either within the set-up window or on the left hand panel. What is the problem here? 'change type' refers to, I think, cash, bank, loan, etc and not investment accounts. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:010201c3c74c$fec4ad10$a501280a@phx.gbl......

Match Ranges problem ,
Hi all , and a good day I have 2 ranges , with these values : myRange1 = (ROW) A B C 1 1 2 4 2 1 3 4 3 1 3 5 myRange2 = (ROW) F G H 1 1 3 4 2 2 3 5 3 1 4 5 I need a macro to compare every cell in myRange2 - first row !! , with every cell in myRange1 - first row !! , and , if tha value of every cell in myRange2 is equal with one of the cells of the first row of myRange1 , to change the value with "QQQ" . This must to be done in every row . After checking first row of myRange2 with first row of myRange1 , to go to next row in myRange2 , and compare ...

Currency problem with SFr.
Hi All, odd problem this one. One of my users is updating an existing spreadsheet. We use Office 2003 with SP3. He has a list of figures (5 off) all set to different currency's, one of which is £ (british pound). However, all is fine untill he gets to the last one, and sets it to SFr. (Swiss Franc). Now the £ symbol from above comes up showing as £FR. This now happens on all documents in Excel, untill we close Excel and reopen it. It will then work correctly on new sheets, untill we either create a new sheet with the above details in, or reopen that sheet. I can re...