Parameter button is ghosted

Ok, I'm going to give this another shot.  My orginal question was a little
vauge so I've rewritten below:

1) I use Data>Import External Date>New Database Query

2) I then brows to an Access data base, select the table and fields I want,
complete the wizard and return the data to a sheet in Excel.

3) The data is correct and updates correctly but the parameter button is
ghosted.  I realize you have to have a cell selected within the data range
and and I do.

Any ideas?

0
Bdavis1 (6)
4/5/2005 10:07:02 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

The parameter button will become available if the query contains a
parameter. To add one:

Select a cell in the extract range
Choose Data>Import External Data>Edit Query
Click the Cancel button, and click Yes to edit in MS Query
In MS Query, choose View>Criteria
Select a criteria field, and in the cell below, type
     a prompt, inside square brackets, e.g.
        [Enter Province]
Choose File>Return Data to Microsoft Excel
Enter the criteria when prompted, and click OK

In Excel, select a cell in the extract range
Click the Query Parameters button, and set the parameter options.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Macro & button?
How can I add a macro & button that can be clicked on a protected sheet? this is the macro I would like assigned to a button, also how to keep the button visible when > Options > View > Objects > Hide all, is selected? Sub SortTotals() ActiveSheet.Unprotect ActiveWorkbook.DisplayDrawingObjects = xlPlaceholders Columns("A:C").Select Range("C1").Activate Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = False Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="Show" Columns("A:B").Select Range("B1").Activate Selection....

Crm 4 event log warnings. CRM Parameter Filter
Hi all, I am looking for a solution on the following issue. Any suggestions will be very welcomed! Thank you in advance. Background: We just upgraded MS Crm 3 to Crm 4 Question: Every time when a user tries to save an update of a record. A warning will be logged into Event Viewer --> Application. It happens to all entities. For example: 1. I am doing some updates on the contact form http://localhost:5555/CAMELOT-DEV/sfa/conts/edit.aspx?id={488FF696-4F8C-DE11-AC94-00505698306E}# 2. Click save 3. I will find a warning message in Event Viewer --> Application Exception information: ...

Count if between date parameters
I need create a formula that show how many patients were available to be seen on each day of the month. I would like to make the cut-off for changes of dates as 3pm, meaning that one day is from 3pm - 3pm the next day. e.g. - 12/30/09 available patients would be all those there from 3:01pm on 12/29/09 to 3:00pm on 12/30/09. If they're available for the full day count them only. Using this logic with the data below on 12/30/09 only 2 patients were available to be seen. Name Request DT Res DT P1 12/27/2009 1:26 12/31/2009 16:28 P2 12/27/2009 12:00 12/30/2009 7:20 P3 ...

Creating a transparent background for a radio button on my form
I am using Word to create a form. I used the Legacy Controls to add radio buttons to the form. The radio buttons are in a table with a colored background. While in Design Mode, I went into the radio button properties and set the BackStyle to '0 - fmBackStyleTransparent' and the background seemed to become transparent. However, as soon as I leave Design Mode the radio button's default to a white background on top of my colored table cells. And at this point, the white background seems to write over the table borders making for a very messy appearance. Does a...

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?
where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese . ...

Update table with button
I have a query "New People Query" which is based on a few tables. Then I have a form "Alumni Form" which is based on the query. The form pulls up alumni records, so their ID number is on the form and each person has a record on the new People Query. I would like to be able to click a button and have it enter today's date and the alum's ID in a separate table "DeanMeet Tbl" which is linked by ID. The button is for each time I meet with someone, so I can click the button and it records that i met with them today. I might meet with people multiple times, whic...

voting buttons not recording.
On occasions when voting Yes/No buttons (Outlook 2002) have been used the replies do not always tally on the original sender's e-mail. Any suggestions as to why and any fix. ...

Query Parameter
I want to supply a parameter to a query to define the from date and to date and retrieve data falling under this from and to date. but, i do not want it to be prompted, as the same criteria is to be used in more than one table. so, i want to store the from date and o date in a temp table and related this to the date field in different tables. thanks You could create a table (tblDateRange) with 2 date fields (datStart and datEnd) and only one record. Then add tblDateRange to your query and don't join it. Set the criteria under your date field to: Between [datStart] and [datEnd] ...

optional method parameter in MFC ActiveX
How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? Kurt "Kurt" <k_nojunk@larimore.net> wrote in message news:%23HK$bCR4DHA.2468@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How do you set a method parameter as optional in an MFC ActiveX control? > > Kurt Depends, (1) do you mean when you create an activex control yourself, and you wish to make a parameter optional? Or (2) do you want to pass an optional argument to a method of the ActiveX control? Solution (1) : Make it a variant parameter. If the variant is of type VT_ERROR and the value is DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOU...

How do I hide tab scrolling buttons?
I have a workbook that has the some of the tab scrolling buttons hidden. How do I unhide them? Do you have the "sheet tabs" option under Tools, Options, View selected? The scroll bars options? Not sure what you're referring to. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "dlove10486_1999" <dlove10486_1999@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0853FAC7-2AE5-495D-89D1-6D74B0122C72@microsoft.com... |I have a workbook that has the some of the tab scrolling buttons hidden. How | do I unhide them? ...

Buttons and navigation
I want to customize a view to fit our org needs and use one of the current entities to do this. I would like for the users to see "Data Collection" instead of "Opportunties" in the GUI and I thought of a possible workaround... since the entity names themselves can't be changed. The SDK refers to isv.config integration. Can this be used to create custom menu options that links back to an entity which we have customized (Obviously Opportunities would go to the same place)? If so, what is the format of the URL? Hi Joe, afraid that won't work. All the d...

FROM button
Where do i enable this button? No longer under the VIEW menu in Outlook 2002 or 2003! Did MS remove it? Also on older client such as Outlook 2000 the FROM button no longer allows delegate roles. It appends the message with a "Sent on behalf" warning which was working fine without it before. What's the dilly? Only thing that has changed in the environment is the introduction of a 2003 Exchange server. Any ideas? Many thanks! For your first question -- are you using Word as your e-mail editor? If so, you can find "From" in the Options dropdown. For the second ...

Too few parameters?
Hello All I have SELECT statement that I have built using the SQL view of a query. The SELECT statement contains WHERE, GROUP BY, HAVING and ORDER BY parameters. All has been working fine, until today when I have needed to add an extra criteria to the HAVING part: This worked: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].name)=" & Chr(34) & [Forms]![staffs subform new]![employee] & Chr(34) & "))" but this does not: "HAVING ((([x confirmed].entered) =" & Chr(34) & [forms]![staffs subform new]![child813]![entered] & Chr(34) & ")...

MSN Parameters
I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. I had to install a new hard drive and reinstall my software. What are the parameters to access my e-mail at msn? POP3, HTTP, etc. If POP3 what are the parameters for outgoing and incoming e-mail? Thanks. JustAsking JustAsking wrote: And you are using WHICH version of Outlook? > I have a free e-mail account at msn.com. That doesn't make clear whether you have a classic MSN Hotmail account or a new Windows Live Hotmail account. You sure you didn't get converted to a Windows Live Hotmail account? For HOW LONG have you had the ...

Custom scroll bars, buttons and other typical items
I am working on a small game right now and am programming a windows GUI right now, since it has been a normal console game which isn't really attractive. I will of course be using buttons of all sorts and a text window with scroll bars. What I am wondering is: I see those items in many games, but not in the usual windows style. Are those customized versions of the items the windows functions and classes already provide or are those completely hand-made? If customized, then how is that done? I am not just talking about e.g. changing the colors, but changing the entire design. If completely...

Printing a Report with Parameters
When printing a report with Parameters. The report will come up on the screen after you enter the parameter. When you then print the report it asks for the parameter again. After we click finish, the following error appears on the screen 'Information is needed before this report can be processed (On Cache Page/Server EIACRM.pgsvr) The report will not print. what server os is your crm web running and also what is your domain controller(s) running? also its possible you have embedded the servername in the report. open the report in crystal designer and go to database-verify dat...

Ghost Bill MOney 2006
Chris - that is exactly what I did so I guess I have a ghost bill. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated and now I know what not to do next time. Thanks RH "Chris Cowles" <spam_magnet@remove-me-bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Ox$MormRHHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > "russ" <russell@haddockfamily.com> wrote in message > news:OU$oZFdRHHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >> I'm using Money 2006 and was updating the budget. I get reimbursed for >> health insurance from my company so I record this into an expense >> c...

Taking multiple parameters
I am running a query inside my macro that creates a worksheet full of some info. I want users to be able to take the results of one macro, and use it as arguments for another macro. So lets say I run 1 macro, I get 2 user ids as a result, say: 1, 2 Now I want to use these user ids as input parameters. Keep in mind these input parameters might vary. So how do I supply these as parameters to another macro? Pass the calculated or retreived values as parameters to the second macro: Sub Macro1() IDValue1 = "ID 123" IDValue2 = "ID 456" Macro2 IDValue1, IDValue2 End Sub Sub M...

command button color
Hi all, Could someone tell me if and how i can change the button color from its default grey? Thx, Ludovic "Vsn" <vsn_hotmail_kom> wrote: > Hi all, > > Could someone tell me if and how i can change the button color from its > default grey? Buttons always pick up the Windows system color so buttons in Access will have whatever color your Windows color scheme has defined for Windows buttons. You can use an image of a solid colored rectangle to mimic a different colored background. Alternatively, you can use the Click event of a labe...

Missing NEWS button #3
I deleted my NEWS button. how do I recover it? It's no longer in the customize-Go menu area. I attempted the repair function and it did not fix the problem. You failed to post your Outlook version. I shall assume Outlook 2003. To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mike Salt...

Filter button
I have the following code programmed into a command button to allow the user to filter records. After the filter has been applied the user closes the form and clicks on the same command button to apply another filter. Can the form be programmed so that the form holds the data entered in the previous search/ filter to prevent the user having to re-enter similar data again? Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "SEARCH" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria DoCmd.Maximize DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdFilterByForm DoCmd.RunCommand...

Command button for time & date
I am looking to add START DATE, COMPLETION DATE, START TIME, & FINISH TIME buttons to an existing form, so that when you press the START DATE button it would insert the current date into the field; when you press the START TIME - the current time is inserted and so on. Is this possible? ' Insert the current date to a text box Me.[TextBox] = Date() ' Insert the current Time to a text box Me.[TextBox] = Time() ' Insert the current date and time to a text box Me.[TextBox] = Now() -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am looking to add START DATE,...

Radio Buttons
How do I activate "radio buttons" in an received Outlook email? Outlook doesn't support active content in later versions - you need to open the message in a browser. In Outlook 2007, open the message and look at other actions section - view in browser is under it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUE...

Problem passing a parameter from a Report to CRM
Hi, I'm trying to show a company forecast in an iFrame, the report runs fine on the server and even through the Reports section in CRM. This is the code I am using on the OnLoad event of the form that the iFrame is in: crmForm.all.new_closedate.FireOnChange(); var url = "http://ruby/reportserver?%2fSales+Reports%2fCompany_Forecast&rs:Command=Render&Close_Date_Filter=" var Close_Date_Filter = crmForm.all.new_closedate.DataValue var param = "&rc:parameters=false" url = url+Close_Date_Filter+param document.all.IFRAME_Forecast.src=url The parameter is se...

Parameters in waveinproc
Hello. The documentation for WaveInProc, the callback function for waveform audio, defines 5 parameters, including an instance and a handle. Using that definition works in debug but crashes in release mode. Digging around in the assembler reveals that in fact this function (and its sister function for output) needs only two parameters (It does a RET 8 - hence two parameters). The second param usefully points to the relevant wavehdr structure. Fixing this to two parameters produces code that no longer crashes in Release mode. But this all seems very strange - why on earth does the documen...