page size limitations when using two displays

I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the
answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed.

I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer.  It
makes working on big spread sheets much easier.  I have had two monitors
on my computer for several months.  Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro.
The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much
lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050
pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200
Series that has the capability to drive two displays.

When an Excel spreadsheet was positioned on the digitally driven
display, I could not get it to spread out fully across the width of the
monitor.  The menu bar went full width, but the actual spread sheet was
limited to about 66% of the screen width.  Testing revealed that the
Excel "believed" the corresponding pixel size was the "full page" size,
and the edges of the spread sheet could not be pulled out further.

The limitation was a result of having defined the lower resolution
monitor as the "primary monitor." Somehow Excel97 takes the resolution
of the "primary monitor" to be the "full page" size.  Changing the
display settings in the Control Panel to make the higher resolution
display the primary monitor cured the problem and lets the spread sheets
spread across the full width of the high resolution display.
0
ps144nyc (65)
12/12/2007 7:11:35 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

XML editor using MFC
Hello, I need to develop XML editor using MFC. It needs to feature Tree View of XML. And have to use MFC language. Could you please let me know any pointers? TIA If you don't mind using their library, this one might work for you (you could extend it I think): http://www.firstobject.com/ Tom <adiideas@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ecb8fb5d-b55e-4a9a-b38a-944306d39e32@s19g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I need to develop XML editor using MFC. It needs to feature Tree View > of XML. > > And have to use MFC language. > > Could you please let ...

IE does not display 'OK' and 'CANCEL' after Customization
I have a MS CRM 3.0 client that has the following problem. He has got the SYSTEM CUSTOMIZER role assigned to him. When he tries to change the column widths for a view (under CUSTOMIZATION), he can change the various sizes (e.g. 75px, 100px, etc.), but the OK- and CANCEL button ARE NOT THERE (not greyed out, but totally gone). I have checked that he has sufficient rights to update these views (I logged into another PC with the same user ID, and the problem is not there on the other PC). He is running Windows XP SP2, IE6 (SP2). The problem is OBVIOUSLY with IE. Anyone got any ideas.? Cou...

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

counting using multiple criteria
Hi, I have a problem for which I can't seem to find a working solution. On the one hand I have a vertical table with employee names, the number of years they have been with the company, and all this sorted by the employee's age (in years). This table will be updated from time to time, and as such it doesn't have a fixed length. On the other hand I have a table which shows the number of employees in a particular age category (-20, 21-25, 26-30, etc) horizontally, and the number of years they have been with the company (again in groups: 0-5 yrs, 5-10 yrs, etc) vertically. ...

How to use relative file:// protocol in html resource used by CDHTMLDialog?
Howdy, I'm writing a C++ CDHTMLDialog based application in VS .net. Of course I have an HTML resource that contains the html code for display by CDHTMLDialog (which wraps the Webrowser control). I understand how to reference program resources in my HTML using the res: protocol, but I'm having trouble getting the file: protocol to work with relative references. For example, if my embedded HTML resource includes this absolute path in my htmlcode it works fine: < IMG src="file:///C:\Documents and Settings\jim\My Documents\temp\CHtmlApp\Debug\ugly2.bmp" > But if I pu...

Not Just Limit Text Length for CEdit
Hi, I know it is straightforward to limit the text for a CEdit Control by calling SetLimitText. What I want to do is ignore white spaces for the text limit. So the text limit would be the length of the text minus white space characters. I'm still learning more about MFC so this might be also straightforward. I created a new class that inherits CEdit control. I am catching the message EN_UPDATE but now I'm not sure do from that point. My problem I don't really understand how CEdit control class implements the Text Limit. I know there is a EM_SETLIMITTEXT message but I couldn...

Excel 2007
Excel 2003 - Updating charts was easy, right click chart, select view data source, reselct new data, click OK Excel 2007???????????? Right click on data series in chart; open Edit Series dialog. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "SWODoug" <SWODoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75420CB1-FF6C-4203-956B-D490C68ED136@microsoft.com... > Excel 2003 - Updating charts was easy, right click chart, select view data > source, reselct new data, click OK > > Excel 2007???????????? Hi, Select chart. C...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

Debug Assertion Failed by using CView
Hi everybody! I'm using VisualC++6 with MFC. I have a assert when I quit my program (SDI) Here is the code: I created Document templates : CSingleDocTemplate* pDocTemplate; pDocTemplate = new CSingleDocTemplate( IDR_MAINFRAME, RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyListViewDoc), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMainFrame), RUNTIME_CLASS(CMyView)); In my CMyView class, I've got a member variable : protected: CView2 m_View; with class CView2 : class CViewExt:public CView { public: CViewExt(); DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CViewExt) virtual ~CViewExt(); virtual void OnDraw(CDC* pDC); }; For Creating a new view, I do i...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

Useing 3 of 9 Barcodes in MS Publisher Mine will not scan
I know in MS word you need to turn off Auto Correct in order to get them to print right. But haven't found the trick in Publisher yet. ...

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

nesting limitation question...
Hello, I am using excel 2002 and a formula that uses nesting such as, "=if(and(vaue1,value2,value3),result1,if(and(value1,value2,value3),result2,if....etc. My problem is that I am being limited by the ability to nest no more than seven functions. Is there a way around this? I should add that I am not yet familiar with VBA programming or user defined functions. Thanks for any help... Jim You could use + but strongly suggest you use LOOKUP or vLOOKUP instead. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jim" <lakerfan426@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:T9...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

exchange 2000 memory sizing
We're currently running Exchange 5.5 on 8 Windows 2000 Std servers all with 1GB or more of memory. We're already licensed for Exchange 2000 CAL's....and therefore are looking to upgrade to Exchange 2000. The problem? All the documentation I've seen (266096) says that if a server has 1GB or more of memory you need to use the /3GB switch which means you need to be running Windows 2000 AS. So suddenly I have to shell out almost $30,000(CDN) to buy 8 copies of Win2k AS? Not to mention you can't upgrade to Win2k AS - I'd have to do a complete reinstall. Decreasing the mem...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

Using Sockets
I am using the CAsyncSocket class and I want my write operations to block. How can I set this parameter? Use CSocket, which simulates a blocking socket and is derived from CAsyncSocket But be warned that there are some very polarized views out there as to whether CSocket is just fine or is instead the source of all evil. "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D52BD1A-17EA-436A-9B1C-DBE24B070205@microsoft.com... > I am using the CAsyncSocket class and I want my write operations to block. > > How can I set this parameter? > ...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...