Page break stay on 1 printed page if room?

If you are printing a long thin spreadsheet, is there anyway to print it so
that it would wrap around and continue printing on the same page?  Instead
of just using the top 10% of several pieces of printed paper.

0
albert3569 (90)
3/12/2007 10:09:24 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Al,

In a word, no.  Excel, except for the accoutrements in Page Setup (headings, etc.) prints
sheets as is.  You could make another sheet with links to the original, organized as you
want.  Copy pieces from the original sheet and paste link them into the print sheet (Edit
(or right-click) - Paste special - Paste link).  Using View - Page Break Preview (instead of
Normal) will be helpful.

--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message
> If you are printing a long thin spreadsheet, is there anyway to print it so that it would
> wrap around and continue printing on the same page?  Instead of just using the top 10% of
> several pieces of printed paper.

0
someone798 (944)
3/13/2007 1:37:41 AM
I like to copy the data into MSWord and use MSWord's builtin ability to do
column layout.  With lots of data, I sometimes have to paste into Notepad
first--large tables cause me trouble in MSWord.

If that doesn't work for you, David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the
columns.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

Al Franz wrote:

> If you are printing a long thin spreadsheet, is there anyway to print it so
> that it would wrap around and continue printing on the same page?  Instead
> of just using the top 10% of several pieces of printed paper.

--

Dave Peterson
0

See  SNAKECOLS,  How to snake columns to use fewer pages
   http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

The macros are actually geared to working with few columns
for many rows,  rather than a few rows and many columns.
but you can probably work it out.   Or you could paste into
MS Word.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Al Franz" <albert@nospam.netmation.com> wrote in message news:OuJvaMPZHHA.4808@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> If you are printing a long thin spreadsheet, is there anyway to print it so
> that it would wrap around and continue printing on the same page?  Instead
> of just using the top 10% of several pieces of printed paper.

Mirror pages
We working on a 55 page catalog that is using the ACCENT BOX layout that came with Publisher. Every page has a pageholder/header at the top that shows the name of the catalog, the page number and a little image. When we began this, we were adding single pages (not knowing about the master page concept). Now we have all the pages ready but we've noticed that the page numbers within the pageholder and image are all on the top right of every page. What we would prefer is that they be mirrored with the left pages (odd number) having these items on the left hand corner and the right ...

550 5.7.1 messages
lately some of my users get the following message: From: System Administrator >Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 11:28 AM >To: sunny.Surawijaya@xyz.com >Subject: Undeliverable: **Message you sent blocked by our bulk email filter** > >Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: Document Closeout > Sent: 3/7/2007 11:27 AM > >The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > sunny.Surawijaya@xyz.com on 3/7/2007 11:28 AM > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance,...

listing 1 of value in column of multiples
Hi, is there a way of listing 1 of items that may be be in multiples in a column? example: Column A Column B 1234 £5000 5644 £7600 1234 £5000 1234 £5000 6875 £7800 i have column a listed via data validation so the sum next to it will always read the same as any matching figure in the column. i only want it to list the number once giving me: 1234 £5000 5644 £7600 6875 £7800 thanks in advance NS Use Advanced filtering: Pull-down: Data > Filter > Advanc...

All pages display on each page
I am having a problem with 2002 version that displays every page in the publication as one. Essentially every page is overlayed on every other page which makes the whole thing look like a big mess. Any suggestions as to how to cure this ? You maybe experiencing video driver failure. Do this, slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab, slide the acceleration down a couple of notches. If this solves your issue go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an upgraded driver. D...

How to have more than one page on web site
I am trying to upload a newsletter to a website, but only the front page appears. How do I get all of the pages to appear? ...

can't print landscape
I can't seem to get my spreadsheet to print in landscape even though I have changed every print setup I can find to landscape. Does anyone know if this is an Excel problem or a printer problem? I can print landscape in other applications. ...

creating an e-mail hyperlink from a web page
Can anyone tell me what format I need to use to format a hyperlink that customers can click the submit button and communicate via e-mail to me from our web page. -- Gina I presume you know how to insert a hyperlink, and that given your use of the words "submit button", that you are actually asking about how to get the forms feature to work. Reference: Publisher web publication forms 101 http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80564.aspx And then you will probably want to read the article about HTTP uploading protocol, and the troubleshooting article here: http:...

Problem with SDK pages after changing SQL port number

IFD Sign In Page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All, Can we leverage credentails passed to "Sign In" page of MS CRM 4.0 in = IFD environment? I want to use it for making call to Discovery service = to fetch organization details. Thanks Rajeev ------=_NextPart_000_0019_01C8940A.D1DDFFB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//...

text boxes don't show in print preview and don't print, either
I can see any text boxes on my screen -- everything looks normal. However, I can't see them in print preview and they don't print, either. Tools | Options | Print: Drawing objects. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "church lady" <church lady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59997494-871B-4992-AD0C-57D9F0598A72@microsoft.com... >I can see any text boxes on my screen -- everything looks normal. However, >I > can't see them in print preview and they don...

what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? thanks Depends upon what you mean load. If you mean launching default browser, use ShellExecute. If you mean to load it in your MFC app, use CHTMLView. Other options are MSHTML, IWebBrowser2 etc. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <anonymous@coolgroups.com> wrote in message news:08836cee5638a933f900557a8deb7d83@news.scbiz.com... | what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? | | thanks >-----Original Message----- >what is the easiest way to load a web page in vc++? > >thanks >. > microsoft ...

Page up and Page down
Is there any way the you can use Code to cause a form to do page up and page down. I have a Long form that some of the information that is at the bottom of the form is out of view and only use by certain people. How can I have a botton on click go page down to the bottom and another button that will return the form to the top of the form. I know that you can use the keys to accomplish this but for appearance value I would rather use a button on the form to accomplish this. any ideas? Sandrao, You can put a Page Break control on your form. Then, code on the Click event of your button...

Where did the other pages go in my booklet?
Opened an 8 page booklet to update it and print. (Created in Publisher 2003) The only page that is there is the first page. 7 pages are gone. Opened a brochure to print and all that is there is the front side. The extra pages seemed to have disappeared during one of the Microsoft updates. Is there any way to retrieve or find these missing pages? Disappearing pages don't happen during updates. Are you using 2007? Is it a trial? Do you have the page tabs visible in the status bar? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "PDX Sue" <PDX Sue@discussions.mic...

Excel formula(?) for choosing only 1 cell..
Hi ~ Is it possible to create a formula or rule that allows only 1 cell within a designated range to be selected? Similar to a survey where the user can only choose 1 option.This is for an internal shipping request form and I want requestors to be able to select only 1 service level (overnight, ground, etc.). So if they click on one then change their mind, clicking on the correct box "moves" the check mark. Thx Easy way would be a ListBox from the Forms menu. select View, Toolbars, Forms and select the Listbox and draw a box. Rightmouse and select Format Control, and select...

I lost my page sorter at the bottom left hand side. How do I get.
I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, Myra While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Rice MS Newsletter Editor <RiceMSNewsletterEditor@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I cannot find the page sorter and thus cannot go to different pages. > How do I get the page sorter back? Thanks, View > Status Bar is normally the first port of call -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaim...

XML The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.
Im getting this error while trying to read a xml file that i receive from a POST heres the code: Dim MyXmlReader As XmlTextReader Dim strNodeResult As String Dim NodeType As XmlNodeType Dim objwriter As StreamWriter Try MyXmlReader = New XmlTextReader(Request.InputStream) Do While MyXmlReader.Read '*******ERROR HERE ******** NodeType = MyXmlReader.NodeType Select Case NodeType 'Case XmlNodeType.XmlDeclaration 'strNodeResult += "XML Declaration :...

Outlook 2003 and Palm3.0.1
My old Palm will not sycn to Outlook. Is there a free patch? I know I can buy PocketMirror from Chapura. See if Palm has an update to their software for Outlook 2003. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "henry_altman@hms.haarvard.edu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0de801c3a9fe$e4822e70$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My old Palm will not sycn to Outlook. Is there a free ...

Printing Appts from multiple Calendars on one page- How
Hi Guys. I have a client that uses Exchange 2k3 and Outlook 2k3 for a Calendaring/appointment system for their offices. The person at the front desk makes most of the appointments directly into the user's Calendars via shared calendars. While she can see multiple calendars at once, she would like to be able to print out one page that contains the appointments of multiple calendars. ie; Appointments from multiple calendars time slotted down the page. She needs to be able to juggle interview rooms and other resources and she has to know who has appts at what times. Any ideas on this one?...

How to Make Page No dissapear if there is only one Page
Hi, Is there a way in MS Word 2003 and 2007 for making the page number display only if there is more than one pages. ie. the moment the pages become 2 the page number should appear and the moment the page number become 1 the page number should dissapear. Please help me out of this Regards, Akhil You could use a conditional field combination in the header/footer {IF {Numpages} > 1 {Page}} It will work in any version -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Wor...

Outlook 2003 won't print message headers
This has just started happening in the last few weeks to other people in my office and now to me. I haven't been able to trace the problem back to any specific update (at least not yet) mainly due to a lack of input from the people this has happened to. The problem is while printing emails from Outlook 2003 I can print the body of the message, but the message header (email addresses to, from, cc, etc.. and subject) won't print. We are all using word as the email editor and I originally thought that a change in the word normal template may have been the cause, but reverting to a norm...

Transfer 56 Pages of Data From Clipboard=?ISO-8859-1?B?iiA=?=To Clipboard?
You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Great: Thanks for All the Help!! Sea Mac I'm Putting the Stock Phrases in the Scrapbook for Now but will chase down this Auto-Text thing. I hadn't seen it because I'm not using Office 2004 yet, so don't waste any time on my careless words. On 9/30/04 10:21 PM, "Sea Mac" wrote: > You Mean there IS a Multi-Panel Clipboard in Office 2004?!? Oooppps! I > Haven't seen it! Any Clues where it Might Be? You Guys are Gr...

Error on the script of this page
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, Every time I open personal folders, I get a message saying: Error on the script of this page line 298 car 1 error: non registered class code 0 =20 URL: outlook today I close it, and then every thing works OK Thank you for your help if possible Louis MOUSSY ------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C6FD1E.A3BEE240 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-...

Why doesn't the fill I selected print?
I'm creating a document with many text boxes. I have headline boxes atop info boxes. The headline boxes have a 75% gray fill. They look fine on print preview, but several of the headline boxes print without the fill. How can I fix this? Is your printer driver current? Publisher is more critical about printer drivers. Go to the manufacturer's web site of you printer and look around. It is always better to completely remove a driver before installing/reinstalling. How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

How to "flip" pages in Reading Layout
At work, we use outlook professional, and documents are sent in "Reading Layout" format. Trouble is, I don't know how to flip the pages. Can you please help me? This is the message I get when I open a mult-page document in MS Word. Welcome to Reading Layout (Microsoft Office Word) This view has been designed to make it easier to read documents on your screen without needing to print them out. Reading Layout: • Lets you flip pages, like reading a book. • Uses large text with ClearType for easy reading. • Is an ideal place to review and comment on a document. • Shows only th...

Displaying XML Stream on ASP.NET Page
I am writing an application which will get stream of XML Data from a CRM application. I am able to make HTTP request and retrieve the xml stream in XML Text Reader. I want to display this data on an ASP.NET page. I have done some research and found that there is XML Web Server control in ASP.NET. However, all the examples I have seen utilize a XML document and not an XML Stream or XMLTextReader object. Can XML Web Server control also read from XML Text Reader. Also, what other options can I use to display stream of XML Data on ASP.NET Page. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Ashish wrot...