Order form - How to get all the info to show by only add code

I would like to crete an order form that once you add the code of the
product all the other information will appear eg Price, description,
colour and so on...
I have seen another programme that did it but cant' find any
information on how to do it..

Thanks in advance for your help :)

--
mich72
mich72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19280

excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi mich72

Look in the help for the Vlookup function
If you need more help post back

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"mich72" <mich72.1vhu6b_1126944315.8336@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> I would like to crete an order form that once you add the code of the
> product all the other information will appear eg Price, description,
> colour and so on...
> I have seen another programme that did it but cant' find any
> information on how to do it..
>
> Thanks in advance for your help :)
>

> --
> mich72
> mich72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19280
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468455

0
rondebruin (3789)
9/17/2005 9:19:04 AM
You can use a VLookup formula to pull the information from a product
table. There's information and examples for VLookup in Excel's Help, and
more examples here:

    http://www.contextures.com/xlOrderForm01.html

mich72 wrote:
> I would like to crete an order form that once you add the code of the
> product all the other information will appear eg Price, description,
> colour and so on...
> I have seen another programme that did it but cant' find any
> information on how to do it..
>
> Thanks in advance for your help :)

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/17/2005 12:28:30 PM
Thank you for your help, will check it out now...

--
mich72
mich72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19280
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=468455

Tab order for purchase orders and sales orders
Is there a way to set the tab order while entering items in a purchase order and sales order. My client would like to be able to have the order taker be able to be prompted for a quantity while entering in line items to purchase orders and sales orders. Marc, For POS, enter the quantity first, then the * key, then the ILC So for 5 of 11212, enter 5*11212 <enter> For PO's see if QuickScan works better for you. -- * "Marc Arbesman" <MarcArbesman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05BD48AA-08BB-4CFE-A04D-46BBCC5B95CC@microsoft.com... Is there a w...

Getting out of pivot chart view -Help!
I'm working in Excel 2003 and don't know how to get out of the pivot chart view and back to the database. -- white rabbit never mind. I figured it out. Duh. -- white rabbit "white rabbit" wrote: > I'm working in Excel 2003 and don't know how to get out of the pivot chart > view and back to the database. > -- > white rabbit ...

Cannot Get Money 2004 to allow verification of downloads
Money will not allow me to verify transaction downloads before entering into my register. It used to but I did something to disable it and now cannot get that check back. In microsoft.public.money, Audrey wrote: >Money will not allow me to verify transaction downloads >before entering into my register. It used to but I did >something to disable it and now cannot get that check back. You can clear the two Tools->Options->OnlineServices->Automatically.... boxes if they are checked. ...

Is it possible to use a switchboard/form to open a form from another database?
I want to add a button to my switchboard that opens a form in another database. Is it possible to do this and if so how, as the button wizard only seems to enable actions within the same database. Thanks for any help. -- Sam ...

Order Management Error
Hi All! We are testing if we can use BP3 for our customers to enter their orders, everything goes well until the point when we click the Check Out button to complete the order, then we get an error, "The order cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later.", then when we look at Event viewer to see the details, there's "The Microsoft Business Framework must be started using EnterpriseSession.Initialize()." on the description. Any ideas on how to get around this issue? Zama, Can you confirm the event is directly related to clicking the "Check Out&...

Modify back order transfer to order process
Got a question for anyone who is familiar with the transfer process from back order to order. I'd like to make a modification in that process to clear the PICTICNU and PCKSLPNO fields in SOP10100 for the new SOP order created. Currently those fields retain the values from the original SOP order. Has anyone made a similar mod? Any pointers? Thanks. -- Jim@TurboChef Jim - I am assuming you are on Version 8 or higher. Go to Tools - Setup - Sales - Sales Order Processing On this window, click on the numbers button - the last two options are Packing Slip and Picking Ticket. You pr...

Getting Excel to open up to a dif folder?
I know that by default, when you go to FILE / OPEN / it goes to My Documents. How do I get Excel to open up to a different folder by default? Thanks Andy Hi Andy the settings can be changed under tools / options and on the General tab. Cheers JulieD "Andy D" <Me@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:%23rXb3rKeEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... I know that by default, when you go to FILE / OPEN / it goes to My Documents. How do I get Excel to open up to a different folder by default? Thanks Andy Hi Andy, same as Julie said, Tools, Options, General, Default File locatio...

Inbox showing minus 1 read messages
We have a user who is using outlook 2000 conected to exchange 5.5 whos mailbox is constantly showing -1 unread messages next to the inbox in the outlook bar. I have selected all the messages and marked them as read but this made no difference, I even marked them as unread and then read, still no change. Please help. If there are five real unread messages, does it show 5, 6, or 1? Create a temp folder, select all (from the edit menu) from the inbox and move it to the temp folder. Does it still show 1 or did the 1 move to the temp folder? If the latter, move the good ones back one at a ...

SQL
hi In the lead entity, i have a field called relationship type. When i say select name,relationship type from lead i get sample as below Kevin 1 Lee 2 However i know that 1 = customer, 2= vendor. I want the query to display kevin customer Lee Vendor Can i construct my query in a way that it displays the selected text for a picklist and not the data value. Please advice. Thanks heaps Ridhima Hi Ridhima, Each entity has an associated view that you can query against, the view will do the translation for you and bring back the text value. Your query would be something like: select name...

Purchase Orders Slowness
I just installed this module for version 8.00g7. Now when I access the company, it takes 2 to 3 minutes to log you on. The access time before was less than 40 secs. Does anybody have a clue? It created these views: CPO10113 CPO10114 CPO10600 Also I noticed when you change user in the same company is fast. -- Thanks in advance. Luis Sorry I forgot to tell that the module is Purchase Orders Enhancenments. -- Thanks in advance. Luis "Luis" wrote: > I just installed this module for version 8.00g7. > Now when I access the company, it takes 2 to 3 minutes to log you on. >...

How do I get rid of the funky symbols in my signature
While composing an email I somehow caused some funky symbols to appear above, below and in the signature and disclaimer of my email. The symbols look similar to a musical note but not exactly. The best discription I can give is two vertical lines with a solid circle at the top left. Some have an empty circle next to the solid circle. Also now in the disclaimer there is a dot or dash between each word. I sent an email to my other address and the symbols to not appear in the sent email but they are a pain when you are trying to compose. I also tried to make a screen shot of the pag...

excel worksheets getting deleted in shared files on P4
Hi all I am using a workbook of 3 Mb on a network where I am using Excel 9 and MS Windows. File contains 32 worksheets for a month. Network trafic is more but th comp has 512 MB ram and uses some oracle app also. The files are sometimes shared and contains some 3d as well as arra formulas. The worksheets are getting deleted automatically when we are trying t save the file. What can be the possible reasons. Why do sheets ge deleted????? Thanx in advance Keda -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook XP constantly retreives info from XCHG2000
This is so annoying that I am being interrupted about 7 times during the allaboration of a 5 paragraph e-mail. Each time this happens I must wait for about 2 full minutes. This just started to happen very suddenly. Everything was OK before. I seem to be the only user to whom this is happening. Thanks for any help on this issue. ...

PDF add-in disabled on it's own
Suddenly, the pdf maker add-in for Word 2007 is disabled. I did nothing to cause this. It has always been working until today. What I have tried: Word options -> Add-ins -> selected PDF maker -> Manage COM add-ins - > Go -> I attempt to the check the box next to PDF maker. It results in: the add-in is installed for all users on this computer, and can only be connected or disconnected by an administrator. I AM the administrator! PLEASE help! The second user on this computer has the PDF maker available in Word 2007. In addition, I have it available in o...

How do I auto sum on a form in publisher
I am trying to create a form that would auto sum columns like Excel. I can't figure it out! About the only way is to insert the Excel form as an Object. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dawn" <Dawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD9B3D05-A0C5-4095-AB55-BC627D57DB50@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a form that would auto sum columns like Excel. I can't > figure it out! ...

GP 9.0 employee review history getting deleted.
Hello, Our HR department has found that the % rating and most of the last review dates, on the employee review history is missing. It started with anything older than 1 year was missing, now it's anything older than 2 weeks ago. What could cause this? thank you, Nick ...

Back Order Work Order
Hello, When adding an item with 0 inventory to a sale I get a prompt to create a back order. When I add the same exact item to a work order there is no prompt to create a back order. Is that correct? I expect to have some back orders on work orders is there a work around method (or maybe I am missing a fix)? Thank you, Jim This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0572_01C89517.067BEB30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable JimF, In RMS' mind, an order, is an order, is an order, and not a sale. --=20...

Upload customer info stored in CSV format directly to RMS
We are undertaking a drop ship program. We receive order notification through a program called VendorNet. We also submit tracking info and invoices through VendorNet. We want to automatically dump customer info from VendorNet to RMS. We need to be able to upload a .csv file into RMS, and provide a map of the layout of the order of the fields that the .csv file needs to have to successfully sync with RMS. Any suggestion or a lead to a third party program is very well appreciated. Krish Krish, If you have SQL Server, DTS packages are well suited for this type of thing. - Evan Culver...

Sales Order unfulfillment
We have customer send us projections of what they would be buying thru next sixth months. We would like to block (allocate) this quantities for this particular customer. At the moment we create a fake order and we put all of these items on this order. When we receive actual orders, we unallocate the fake order for the quantity on the master order, create a brand new order again put the unallocated quantity on the new order. Can we simplify this process? If so, how? Third party solutions? System: GP 8.0 SP1 SQL 2000 Modules: SOP, Inventory, POP, RM, PM, GL We have thought about creating a new...

Access Form Script Examples...
Just for kicks and giggles, anyone know of websites that have good examples of scripts you can do with access forms!? I am looking for ideas, and examples that I can encorporate different types of things into the access form that I have here, since I am in the midst of redesigning it. The only one that I know of, which is worth mentioning is http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/accesstips.html, hosted by Al Campagna, who has helped my out tramendously... What are you trying to accomplish? I, and most of the Access folk of my acquaintance, don't add glitz and glitter to forms just &qu...

trying to unravel an encrypted string that was encrypted in dotnet managed code.
I posted this yesterday in the security.crypto newsgroup but thought this might be more appropriate. if I were using WinCrypt.h, etc. how would the following have to change for the decryption portion. I will be encrypting in managed code and need to decrypt in a service component that is unmanaged C++. thank you. -Greg arguments passed into this would be an encrypted xml string and two byte arrays, one the key and one the inititialization vector. using System.Security.Cryptography; using System.IO; RC2CryptoServiceProvider rc2 = new RC2CryptoServiceProvider(); rc2.IV = iniitialization_ve...

renamed account shows old alias
We had a user, Brandy, leave and another, Angie, take her place. Whoever set Angie up in Exchange 2003 just took Brandy's account and renamed everything for Angie. The email account works fine but when you open a new email from any PC and start to type 'Angie' in the To box it populates the box with 'Angie <brandy>'. The message reaches Angie fine but it annoying to have the old alias still there. Where is that coming from and how do I get it to show <angie>? Our clients run Outlook 2003 but the issue seems to be with AD or Exchange 2003. TIA Larry ...

Purchase order
can we have the site ids addresses show on the po deliver to: address PO form. If, so how? -- Crystal Roach Crystal, This requires a modification of the PO form in Report Writer. Change the Ship To address field to reflect the Site address. Hope this helps, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com blog: www.gp2themax.blogspot.com The site ID address field does not appear in RW for POs. Do I need to link tables? If so, what tables and how. -- Crystal Roach "Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP, MCT, MVP" wrote: > Crystal, > > This requ...

Blank space gets inserted after text
For most columns, I am specifying a wrappable text format. Sometimes, after entering text in a cell, I get an extra blank line embedded at the end and I have to go back and manually close up the space. (So, if the text actually takes 2 lines, the row becomes 3 lines deep.) However, the problem is not consistent and I can't always reproduce it. Sometimes the height of the cell adjusts itself to the text just fine. I thought I may be inadvertently hitting the spacebar at the end of the last word, causing a wraparound, but that doesn't seem to be it. Any ideas? Hi Ros, Have you t...

How to remove Snagit add-ins?
After installing Snagit, I discovered that a Snagit add-in appears in my Excel toolbars. How do I remove that? I tried Removing Accessories using Snagit (9.1.3), to now avail. I do not see anything in the Add and Remove Programs Control Panel other than Snagit itself. I did rename the SnagitOfficeAddin and SnagitOfficeAddinRes dlls, among others. That seems to have worked. But I wary of that approach. I do find things in the Registry that might be related. Of course, I __very__ wary of messing with those directly. I would prefer to use some option in Snagit to clean ...