Opening .xls file "outside" Excel not showing

Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from
Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open the
same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from windows
explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose:
view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is wrong?
System is Win XP pro and Office XP.
This happens to all .xls files...

TIA

Regards, Alfred

0
alfredb (1)
10/14/2004 6:32:23 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

Hi Alfred,

Try the following steps:

1. Exit Excel
2. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel.exe /unregserver"
3. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel.exe /regserver"

Does it work now?

Best regards

Stefan H�gglund
Microsoft

"Alfred B" <alfredb@kotka.fi> wrote in message
> Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from
> Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open
> the
> same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from
> windows
> explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose:
> view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is
> wrong?
> System is Win XP pro and Office XP.
> This happens to all .xls files...
>
> TIA
>
> Regards, Alfred

0
stefanha (71)
10/14/2004 11:09:54 AM
Try this first before you use the unregserver/regserver

Tools>Options>General  uncheck "Ignore other Applications"
Exit Excel and try again

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Stefan H�gglund [MSFT]" <stefanha@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OqBqX5dsEHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi Alfred,
>
> Try the following steps:
>
> 1. Exit Excel
> 2. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel.exe /unregserver"
> 3. From Start, Run. Enter the command: "excel.exe /regserver"
>
> Does it work now?
>

> Best regards
>
> Stefan H�gglund
> Microsoft
>

> "Alfred B" <alfredb@kotka.fi> wrote in message news:OhwJsebsEHA.3572@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Hi all. This is kind of weard, but here it goes: when I open workbook from
>> Excel (file -> open) it works just fine, but... When I'm trying to open the
>> same workbook via "link", for example double clicking the file from windows
>> explorer -> Excel opens, but the file is not visible. And when I choose:
>> view -> full screen -> it comes visible. Do you have any idea what is wrong?
>> System is Win XP pro and Office XP.
>> This happens to all .xls files...
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Regards, Alfred

0
rondebruin (3789)

how can i accept email from outside customers asking for support,
and automatically open a cse? You have a couple of choices: You can build a custom application using the SDK or purchase a 3rd-party product such as c360.com's Email-To-Case. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "ktsiv@infotrade.gr" wrote: > and automatically open a cse? The Working With Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 book (Snyder/Steger) has an example of how to do this starting on page 400. This book is a very good read for information on how to customize Microsoft CRM to do what you need. Note that it is *not* a "how-to" guide for an end-user. D...

Exception: "Index was outside the bounds of the array." in a XSLT transformation.
A transform that works fine in XMLSPy fails when I run it under dot net. I've run many other transforms successfully in dot net so there is something "special" about this transform I just installed dot net framework 1.1 SP1 - but I still get the same error What makes this transform more complex than others is: 1) It uses an MSXSL extension function to evaluate Xpaths at run time 2) It uses an include to include the extension function 3) It reads two XML files - a second specified in document statement I've tried fiddling with the dot net transform statement to use a XPathDo...

Access GP Globals Outside GP
I am looking to be able to detect some settings about Great Plains without being in Dexterity. Specifically from the SQL server, but I am not above looking at .ini files if need be. I am looking for access to the SQL Server of Globals and the Module Registered["SM_CS"] values. I am trying to determine the exact version that is registered (ie. GP 8 SQL/MSDE, GP 7.5 SQL/MSDE, eEnt 7). Is there anyway to get this information without being in Dexterity? I will only be on SQL versions, so i am not worried about getting information from the database. Access to the Dexteri...

cannot open workbook outside of excel
Hi Guys, Was wondering if anyone had expereinced this before...When I double click on an excel workbook in windows explorer excel opens put instead of opening the workbook it just loads excel. The screen I am presented with after excel opens is the same as if you were to open excel and then close the default workbook, i.e. the the excel toolbars and a grey background. This happens to all excel workbooks on my system so it is not just a dodgy workbook. The interesting thing is that if I open the excel workbook through the excel file open dialog it works fine. Any ideas? Cheers....Jim Hi ...

How to add data outside chart range
I'm an excel chart beginner. How do I add data to the data worksheet to automatically update the linked chart, when the new data goes outside the chart range. Ie, the value axis is Percentage, the existing data goes up to 40%, and the linked chart's value axis goes up to 40%. If I add data over 40%, the line goes up off the chart. The chart does not not increase in range. I there any way to automtically increase the range shown on the chart, or do I have do a new automatic chart? The reason I don't want to do that is that I have tweaked a number of automatically created cha...

How do I clear the formating of the area OUTSIDE my chart on my w.

Can I extract VBA code from *.mdb file and run VB program from outside the database ?
I have a *.mdb Access database which contains VBA code with a couple of forms. Can I somehow extract all the VBA code into an external file (or multiple files) and run the VB code from there (including forms and databases accesses of cause) ? Tony On 29 Jun 2007 09:41:21 GMT, tonytony@hotmail.com (Tony Bansten) wrote: >I have a *.mdb Access database which contains VBA code with a couple of forms. > >Can I somehow extract all the VBA code into an external file (or multiple files) >and run the VB code from there (including forms and databases accesses of cause) ? You can't ...

Buying Money 2008 outside US
Hello, I tried MS Money 2008 and I really like it. But I cannot buy the program outside the US. I live in the Netherlands, but I cannot buy it here or I can order it on the MS website. Does anybody know how I can buy MS Money 2008? Thanks in advance! Regards, Roger Beniers Hello. Do you have some friends living in USA? I was in the same situation and my american friend sent to me this program that I bought at Amazon. Greetings -- JerzyMarian "R. Beniers" wrote: > Hello, > > I tried MS Money 2008 and I really like it. > > But I cannot buy the program outs...

Destroying modal Dialog from outside the Dialog class
I have a class CMainClass which contains a pointer of a modal dialog class CMyDialog... CMyDialog m_pDialog. I Create the Dialog object on a specific action using "new". Now on exiting the application, if i call m_pDialog->EndDialog() in the destructor of CMainClass , ..then the control returns after the DoModal Statement where i have the following statements (to avoid memory leaks) delete m_pDialog; m_pDialog = NULL; ....but by then CMainClass object is already destroyed and the program crashes on delete m_pDialog ....since m_pDialog is 0xdddddddd. The PostMessage(WM_CLOSE) i...

Buying MS Money 2005 from outside the US
Microsoft's software retail policies continue to amuse me... I've been living in London for the last 3 years, and obviously my credit card billing address is in London now and no longer in the US. I'd like to upgrade my Money 2003 to the 2005 version, but need to have a US billing address, even on a US credit/ debit card! Tried purchasing in England (where it's more expensive anyway cause of the exchange rate) and got the reply that I'd have to have a UK credit card... Anyone share the same frustration and has found an alternative, other than asking friends/ relatives&#...

Trying to purchase Money home and business 2008 from outside the US
When I click on buy this product, it takes me through to a payment screen for US and Puerto Rico residents only - how can I purchase this outside the US??? In microsoft.public.money, Oli Johnson wrote: >When I click on buy this product, it takes me through to a payment >screen for US and Puerto Rico residents only - how can I purchase this >outside the US??? Some have posted success with using a US address. Some have said that the credit card not having a US address was a problem, and others have not had a problem. It's peculiar. I wish there were a better solution. It is n...

POsting GL Transaction outside Great PLains
Can anyone give me information about posting GL transactions from outside of Great Plains? Is it as simple as calling a stored procedure or inserting into a couple of tables? (Probably not...) Any information anyone could provide, or anywhere anyone can point me would be appreciated. Thanks. -Cliff One way to do it is with table import. Go to Tools-> Integrate -> Table Import. You can press the F1 key if you want instructions. "Cliff Harris" wrote: > Can anyone give me information about posting GL transactions from outside of > Great Plains? Is it as sim...

Can't Order M04 outside US
Any idea why shopping web sites will not accept ordres for Money 2004 outside US? Doesn't worry me if its a US version. They are probably trying to avoid all the postings about "Incompatible version" when people try to upgrade from a non USA version!! -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Scott Thomson" <scottthomson@netvigator.com> wrote in message news:upx04RGTDHA.2092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Any idea why shopping we...

Cant open excel files by double clicking outside of excel.
Usually when you double click an excel file it opens the file inside excel. When I do it, it opens excel but then I have to drag the file in or open it from the file menu. Also when I use a shortcut to an excel file it wont allow me to open it unless I go to the actual file path. HELP!!! I know this has to be a simple setting but I can't find it. Hi maybe goto 'Tools - Options - general' and uncheck 'Ignore other applications' "Thomas_Eldredge" wrote: > Usually when you double click an excel file it opens the file inside excel. > When I do it, it ope...

Graphical Indicator to show if outside budget
Hi there, I am working in Excel 2003, I have 4 columns as below: Budget Actual Variance Outside Budget 10000 15000 5000 # 10000 20000 10000 ## Is there anyway I can set up a formula that will place a # in the Outside Budget column for every $5000 that is over budget? Many thanks One way =REPT("#", TRUNC(C2/5000)) -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Mustang" wrote: > Hi there, > > I am working in Excel 2003, I have 4 columns as below: > Budget Actual Variance Outside Budget > 10000 150...

Forwarding or Alias, sending mail outside Exchange
Hello Everyone, I'm using Exchange 2003 on Windows SBS 2003. We have an employee that we'd like to avoid giving access to OWA for, but we'd like him to have an account @ourcompany.com, and have that mail go to his hotmail.com account. Review: Mail sent to Tom@OurCompany.com is sent to Tom@Hotmail.com. Can I do this using Exchange? Do I need to set up a user in Active Directory and set up an exchange account for him and then a rule to forward all of this mail to Tom@Hotmail.com? I would prefer it if there is a way to forward all incoming messages addressed to tom@ourcompany...

How to forward outside Exchange (but on same domain)
I've spent hours on this .. I have some users using Exchange in one location, rest of company are still using POP3 from remote locations, I'm using POP3 connector to pickup email to Exchange users But, when sales@domain.com send an email to fred@domain.com it disappears ! However, if I sent thru hotmail or other it works So, I need to do this: sales@domain.com > Internal AD user fred@domain.com > Route outside exchange How do I do it ? Thanks Adam In the exchange manager open the property sheet for the default SMTP virtual server on the Messages tab, under "Forward ...

Can not Email 17mb file outside our SMTP connector
I am having an issue where we can not email large files to smtp addresses. We have Outlook/Exchange 2003, I have Changed the Routing Group Connector, Virtual SMTP, Message Delivery, and Mailbox Store send/receive limits to unrestriced. All users are using default settings in Message Delivery--Unlimited. I do not have a smarthost. my test file is 17mb..which is above the 10mb default limit, and it comes back with this message. This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove a...

accessing GUI from outside gui class in MFC
Hi all, I am new to MFC programming. I have developed a MFC dialog based application with a listbox and a button. Now i have a situation where i need to access the gui outside the gui class. So for that i followed the following steps. 1. Created a variable mwnd_listbox and associated it with list box 2. Created a public method called addtolistbox(). Only line in the implementation is mwnd_listbox.AddString("Hello"); 3. Added a new cpp file and .h file call dispatch.cpp and dispatch.h 4. Now i defined a new class in dispatch.h as class dispatch { public: void write_to_gui() }; ...

Not able to open .xls outside of excel (via Explorer or Outlook attachment)
After upgrading to MS Office Small Business edition 2003.....when I find my ..xls file on my hard-drive using Windows Explorer & then double-click on the file....Excel opens, but does not populate with the desired file. Similar situation with an .xls file attached to an email (even one I sent), I double-click on the attached file's icon & Excel starts, but I get an error on Outlook that the file could not be located. I can then go to Excel/File/Open & choose the file & it opens with no problems. Word .doc files, .pdf's etc. open normally from outside their programs. ...

Opening messages outside of Outlook inbox
I draged some messages into a folder (i.e. windows explorere) and now can not either move or open them. Can any one help please? Cash Nashery <nashery@yahoo.com> wrote: > I draged some messages into a folder (i.e. windows > explorere) and now can not either move or open them. Can > any one help please? What file type are they? WHat happens when you try to open them? What version of Outlook are you using? -- Brian Tillman ...

delays in recieving outside emails

disable user from sending email outside of the org
I just can't to remember where I had read this before, but some one had a way to "disable" users from sending email to anyone outside the organization. Any help would be appreciated. Jason JasonMeyer wrote: > > I just can't to remember where I had read this before, but some one had > a way to "disable" users from sending email to anyone outside the > organization. Any help would be appreciated. > > Jason Never mind I found Mark Fugatts articale on msexchange.org... ...

run report outside access ???
We have a report that our truck drivers need to run each morning. It shows them what orders are on their truck. I have a short cut for the report on the desktop but when the click it , MS access has to open up, then the database in the reports section, then thr report. The problem is that they can see all these other reports that I dont want visable in the warehouse screen. Is there any way that the driver can click on a shorcut and the report just opens up for him to print and nothing else open on the screen. Firstly, if you haven't done so already, split the database into sep...

Index was outside the bounds of the array
Dear Team, While saving quote product in Ms. CRM 3.0. There was generated error like below : An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. Stack Trace: [COMException (0x80045f00): <details>Index was outside the bounds of the array.</details>] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMQuoteDetailClass.Update(CUserAuth& Caller, String QuoteDetailId, String QuoteDetailXml) +0 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Platform.Qu...