Open Spreadsheet--Formatting Changed to Date??

I opened my spreadsheet and some, but not all of the columns on every
sheet in the workbook has changed to a date format.  I opened other
spreadsheets and there was no change.

Can anyone explain this.  It's a real pain to deal with.
0
jimx22 (226)
10/27/2010 1:13:05 AM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

How to create/embed table or existing Excel spreadsheet into Lotus Notes 6.5 email
I have been successful in creating and sending an email through Lotus Notes. However, I need to be able to format the body so that the message is more presentable. Currently, I filter a spreadsheet based on two named ranges and send an email to the SOX audit team member and copy the SOX control owner. I copy the values from selected columns on the visible rows and separate those values by tabs. However, the presentation is bad as the data is variable in length and therefore the alignment is not correct. I would like to learn how to create/embed either a table into the Lotus Notes email bo...

Transferring column width format from a worksheet?
To be specific, I will describe the situation for an address/telephone spreadsheet. This sheet will columns of various widths. One for area code needs only ton handle three digit entries while the basic number needs eight characters if you include the hyphen. A street address could be fairly long, 20 characters or more. A state code needs only two. If I want another sheet with the same column widths as one I like, how can you transfer the column width formatting? Paste Special format does not seem to transfer column widths. Bill -- An old man would be better off never having been bor...

Publisher 2000

Format Painter keyboard shortcut?
Hello, Does anybody know the keyboard shortcut for Format Painter? Thanks, Dave Hi Dave: Keyboard shortcut for Format Painter doesn't exist. Nevertheless, this falls under the Copy and Paste Special options. So if you need to do the same options via keyboard - Ctrl+C; Alt+E, S, T + Enter to copy the formats alone. Create a macro for the same and assign a shortcut key for the same if you are frequent user of format painter and need to access via keyboard. Hope this helps. -------------------- >From: "Dave Koressel" <davek7@pacbell.net> >Subject: Format ...

How do I set up "format painter" in MS_Outlook ?
The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! Subra. Turn on the option to use Word as the message editor in = Outlook-Tools->Options->Mail Format. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Subra asked: | The format painter tool is very handy in Microsoft Office; where is | it when I am editing emails in Microsoft outlook? ! | Subra. ...

opening links in outlook

Problem trying to open old money file

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

opening links

Changing Positive Numbers To Negative
Hello, In column A, I have Buy or Sell (for stocks). In column B, I have the buy or sell price. I would like to change every price in the row corresponding with Buy to a negative number, i.e. add a "-" to the number that's already there. Is there an easy way to do this all at once, as I have hundreds of transactions? I tried to record a macro that would at least save me some time doing it manually, but rather than adding a "-" to the number that's there, it REPLACES the number with the number I added the "-" to while recording the macro. I'...

conditional formatting
I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so columns "A-T" highlight red and set-up so all rows 1-400 are formatted when column "A" is true? I have tried and cannot get it to work...thanks Joe First select A1:T400, then use CF of =$A1 Bob Umlas Excel MVP "joe@malvern" wrote: > I have a conditional format which the formula indicates true for column "A" > and column "B" background shades red. how do I set up so...

EXCEL Files open Slow

Opening a second mdb file from an open mdb file
I have two mdb files (one used for general department use and the other for detailed reporting). For ease of maintenance, I'd like to keep these mdb files separate, but I would like to have the ability to open the second mdb file from the general dept Access program. Is there an exisitng macro or VBA code I could use to accomplish this task? Thanks for your help. Sure, you can easily just shell out to another app: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0018.htm or even create a hyperlink that opens the file. Just create a label, go to the property sheet and enter a path in the hype...

Removing/changing online Payees
I would like to change/delete/combine some of my online payees. I know that you cannot combine online payees. Is it possible to change an account so that it is no longer an online account, then combine or change all the online payees that I'm interested in, and then finally make the accounts online accounts again? Thanks! ...

Directory Open
Hi, I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, not to open a file but to open a directory. How should I do it? I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for opening just a directory and not a file. I just want to read in the user selection of directory and the file name will be set in my application. Thanks! On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:15:36 -0800, Dave wrote: > I would like to create a Button which opens a dialog box, > not to open a file but to open a directory. > > How should I do it? > I thought of using CFileDialog but it does not allow for ...

Excel won't open in Office XP
Hi all, I have had a problem for the last few weeks opening up my Excel files When I try to open the files, a Window Installer dialouge box appear looking for the Office XP Professional Disk. My Office was preinstalle by my school, which is now complete. If I cancel the Window Installer consectutive times it leaves my new Excel document open and I can work Does anyone know what I need to configure to have Excel open up normall again ? Appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks, 'Kusty' (kusty@accesscomm.ca -- kust --------------------------------------------------------------------...

I do not have Excel on my computer. How do I open an attachment w.
How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have Excel installed on my computer? My model is Windows XP Home. You can use the free viewer available from microsoft web site that only allows viewing. Or, you can find a copy of open office/star office that allows you to import excel files. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF00A029-F488-4D1D-8257-B55F4E96A681@microsoft.com... > How do I open an attachment in my e- mail with an XLS file, if I do not have > Excel ins...