OLEobject properties at run time

Good afternon, my question is, how can I change the OLEobject properties of
a textbox control at run time?

 any suggestions?

0
user5560 (5)
4/13/2009 9:42:59 PM
excel 39879 articles. 2 followers. Follow

ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("textbox1").Object.BackColor = &H8080FF

is one way.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Besides, how make for viewing the diferent methods and properties that it
expose

Excuse me for my bad english, I'm from latin america

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias news:49E3B64B.78F01CDA@verizonXSPAM.net...
> ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("textbox1").Object.BackColor = &H8080FF
>
> is one way.
>
> User wrote:
>>
>> Good afternon, my question is, how can I change the OLEobject properties
>> of
>> a textbox control at run time?
>>
>>  any suggestions?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
user5560 (5)
4/13/2009 10:26:19 PM
ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("textbox1").Object.EnterKeyBehavior = True

If you go into design mode (another button on that Control toolbox toolbar), you
can select the textbox and look at all the properties.

Then try changing a few manually (you'll see the options) and then see if it
works in code.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Greetings from Colombia!

"Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias news:49E3C4C3.247C7F33@verizonXSPAM.net...
> ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("textbox1").Object.EnterKeyBehavior = True
>
> If you go into design mode (another button on that Control toolbox
> toolbar), you
> can select the textbox and look at all the properties.
>
> Then try changing a few manually (you'll see the options) and then see if
> it
> works in code.
>
> User wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for responding, in my case I need to change the property
>> "EnterKeyBehavior" to true, how make it?
>>
>> Besides, how make for viewing the diferent methods and properties that it
>> expose
>>
>> Excuse me for my bad english, I'm from latin america
>>
>> "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
>> noticias news:49E3B64B.78F01CDA@verizonXSPAM.net...
>> > ActiveSheet.OLEObjects("textbox1").Object.BackColor = &H8080FF
>> >
>> > is one way.

>> > --
>> >
>> > Dave Peterson
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
user5560 (5)

Delete OLEObject from Row or Cell
Hi, I have seen how you can delete all oleobjects from an active sheet. But I cannot figure out how to delete an oleobject (embedded file object) from only the current row or active cell. For instance, in my worksheet, most rows in columns c have embedded file objects. I just want a macro to delete the current row's embedded file object, not all objects in the active sheet. Is this possible? Thanks so much, Liz Try something like the following: Dim OleObj As OLEObject For Each OleObj In Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects If OleObj.TopLef...

Table properties
Is there a way to determine what the cell height is in Pub 2002? I know I can change it by dragging but I'm rather anal - I want to make all of them the same. -- The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting on dead branches. JoAnn What you do is select the whole table and say enter font size 16. Now when you go to make the Table smaller, the cells will only go to that point size. Consequently they will now all be the same height. You can now select the whole table again and change it to the point size of the font you want to use. Don't forget ...

VBA Doorway to Database Properties
How do I access the data in the Database Properties window from VBA? I have searched the help files and numerous properties via the Immediate Window, but cannot find an opening to the underlying Database Properties in the object model. I can access the ShapeSheet, but that has no info on the relationship itself. I can get the field list via .Text in the individual Entities, but not the table name. Where is all that stuff found? (I suspect it might be through the UI, but I've had no luck there, either.) My diagram is a reverse-engineered Access 2003 database, with over 280 relations...

How to delete Multiple Entries in Queue at One time
Hi All: We inadvertantly have become a relay staion for junk mail from oversses. In exchange system manager Protocols-smtp-default SMTP Virtual server-Queue is there a way to highlight and delete multiple entries at one time. I have hundreds of these and doing one at a time is very time consuming. Please recommend a more efficientway or third party software. Thanks JBM What version of Exchange? Relay http://www.exchangeadmin.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=7696 Test http://www.abuse.net/relay.html Relay - 5.5 http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/security/mail/excrelay.asp Relay - E2K...

Setting Font Properties
Access 2007 sp2. I have a form that opens Popup=Yes and Model=Yes which means I don't have access to the quick access toolbar. I can't seem to find any commands that I can use to set the text to bold or underline unless I highlight the text with my mouse and have the rich text toolbar come up. I would prefer to have a command button on the form for this but can't find any commands for rich text or font properties. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, James ...

Invest 6$ 1 time get HIGHEST Output!!!
Discovers the "Secret of making huge money" in just few weeks.... You shall be amazed that how easy 1 can make money on internet just for doing 1 time work..[I GUREENTED U CAN TOO MAKE BIG$$ WITH THIS PROGRAM]........ [Use IE if can't view the site] http://mysiteinc.com/gohar/index.html ...

Running Forestprep more than once
Hi, Is there any problems that could be cuased by runnin g Forest prep for Exchange 2003 on a forest more than once? Weve got the problem listed here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;875300 but cannot take any chances. Everything I have read says it should be fine, but I would appreciate it if someone can confirm. Thanks. You're asking if you should believe an MS tech support document? If you have a problem caused by following the instructions, you have a free call to PSS (IMHO)........................... -- Regards, Hank Arnold "Paul Smith"...

Re: MS Access VBA Programming - Queries on the Run
Hello All I have a small problem with a MS Access developed in VBA. The programme is developed as queries on the run using SQL. I have a number of private forms which are bought together in a global form. Every thing is OK if I generate a report with the complete database, but if I select parts of the to selectively sorted database it is calling for parameters, using the filter. The code line on the global form with the following command appears as follows: Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(marSQL, dbOpenDynaset) The set rst command shows rst = nothing and the dbOpenDynaset command = 2...

2000 macro problem running with 2003
Is there any reason a macro written for Excel 2000 will not run with Excel 2003? John, Code written in Excel 2000 should work fine in 2003. Can you post an example of your code that is not working? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:%23c7QWziUEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there any reason a macro written for Excel 2000 will not run with Excel > 2003? > > I will get the code and post it. Thanks "Chip Pearson"...

UnhandledAttributes property of XmlSchemaElement
Hi Folks, I'm reading a schema using SOM (System.Xml.Schema) and there are namespaced attributes that I need to access but I'm having problems with the UnhandledAttributes property - that is is continually reports an error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. My code looks like this: .... foreach (XmlSchemaObject so in schema.Items) { switch(so.GetType().Name) { case "XmlSchemaElement": XmlSchemaElement el = so as XmlSchemaElement; XmlAttribute[] uAtts = el.UnhandledAttributes; foreach (XmlAttribute uAt in uAtts) { ...

HELP : After upgrading XP to SP2 Outlook 2003 crashes 10 times a day
Hi Every thing is in the title but basicaly the thing is : I have upgraded XP to SP2 Since Outlook 2003 behaviour is crazy while receving mailling or replying to mail (but with no rules : that means it is never in the same configuration that it crashes) Any help would be very apreciated !!! Charles Carlito Nogbni" <contact@couvertex.con "changer le n en m <contact@couvertex.con "changer le n en m"> wrote: > Every thing is in the title but basicaly the thing is : > I have upgraded XP to SP2 > Since Outlook 2003 behaviour is crazy while receving mailli...

Outlook client going offline, time difference
HI I have a exchange 2000 server. Most of users have office xp and 2003. I would like some help on the following issues 1.Some times the outlook client goes offline. If i try to hit the send/receive button, it comes with a error saying some object not found. THe only remedy i know is to delete the entire profile and recreate the profile again to make it online. 2. On a particular 2003 outlook client, the time the messages are received it totally different from the actual time. I checked the system time and The system time is correct. If i send an email to this person at 2PM , on the ...

Creating String Property through CRM SDK
I need to create a String Property using the following VB.Net code: Try ' Set up the CRM Service. Dim service As New crmserver.CrmService() service.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials ' Create the String Property object. Dim sm As New crmserver.StringProperty ' Create the properties of the String Property object. sm.Name = "MyString01" sm.Value = "Custom Text 001" ' Create the string property in Microsoft CRM. ...

Can Word 2000 run under Windows 7?
More in hope than expectation, I just tried installing Word 2000 (from the complete Works Suite 2000) on a brand-new PC running Windows 7 Home Premium. The installation appeared to go perfectly, but when I first tried to launch the program I got this message: "Required registry information is missing and this application cannot run. Please run setup again to correct this problem." A bit of Googling turned up the information that this message can turn up in Windows XP and Vista too, so it doesn't seem to be particular to 7. But none of the information I've f...

with new print server, excel running slow intermittently
Ever since a new new network print server was put on-line, my Excel intermittently goes very very slow. You have to wait just deleting a line. The tech department states that Excel is on my computer, so this could not be the problem, but it never did it before, and is happening to others in the organization. Any ideas out there? Can you try a test. Add a new printer and tell windows it's on LPT1 (local). (It doesn't have to really exist.) Then see how excel reacts when that's your default printer. If it's still slow, then IT wins. If it's ok, then woohoo, time to ...

Auto Update Properties
Is there a way to automatically update the properties of a spreadshee when saved? (preferably without using VBA). Such that currently ther are a series of spreadsheets that I deal with that everytime I save change on, I have to go into the properties and change the versio information. Such that if a changeis made the version will auto-increment everytim it is saved. (This is on the Custom portion of the properties). Thanks, Joh -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not possible without VBA. And AFAIK you can't even change them through VBA -- Regards Frank Kabel Fra...

How can I stop cells recalculating after macro run
Hi folks I have a macro which when run removes a couple of excess lines from a report (produced from elsewhere). The excess lines appear depending on what time of the day the report runs. When I run the macro, the links on the second sheet are recalculating, changing to the formula to an incorrect cell. I have tried the following to get around this issue, without luck:- All formulas in the linked sheet have been made absolute references using the $ for all cell references; Within the macro, made the calculation method Manual then reverting to Automatic at the end of the macro. The basic qu...

Windows Time Service
Windows 2003 R2 Standard SP DC server All of a sudden I get errors from windows time It is getting invalid reponce data from the time server Event id 38 37 47 29 etc trying from time-b.nist.gov Is that site down Is there a new list f time servers that are functioning available Thanks Tom Here you go. http://tf.nist.gov/tf-cgi/servers.cgi -- Regards, Dave Patrick ....Please no email replies - reply in newsgroup. Microsoft Certified Professional Microsoft MVP [Windows] http://www.microsoft.com/protect "Thomas R Grassi Jr" wrote:...

OLEObject Button Caption
I have an OLEOBject with a button in it. How can I change the caption of this in VBA? activesheet.oleobjects("CommandButton1").object.caption="Bob" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "June" <jj@ron.com> wrote in message news:uyNPpprBFHA.1408@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an OLEOBject with a button in it. How can I change the caption of > this in VBA? > > Bob Thanks again for the response. My issue goes a little further in that the caption that I want to change is a button within the OLEObject. E...

Running Setup again
I installed Norton's 2004 Internet Security on my PC but had problems with avaialable Resourses thus it would not run. After unistalling the program, I was not able to access my Outlook 2000 program. I get the error message - "This application must be installed to run. Please run Setup from the location where you originally installed the application." I have look into my hard drive and believe that I have found Outlook files so I don't believe I've lost the data - just the Path?? I'm afraid that if I run the Outlook 2000 CD again, I might lose this data. ...

Outlook COM Collections & Properties
I would like to access Outlook from another application - is there some place online that I can read/download a complete list of Outlook's collections, properties, events, methods etc etc? Thanks in advance. A good place to start the search: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/index.htm Other helpful sites: The Super-Easy Guide to the Outlook Object Model: http://www.microsoft.com/office/previous/outlook/SuprEasy.asp Dmitry Streblechenko's Outlook Redemption and Spy: http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ http://www.dimastr.com/outspy/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Deborah"...

time listing
I have a form that has 2 fields on it for time start and time end (not date). A third field records the difference between the start and end time. If a person records a time of 8:30am to 9:30am the third field shows .99 as the difference. I need it to show 1 for one hour of time. The times will never crossover midnight (if it did I think someone needs to get a life). The times are typed in as military time but show on the main form as regular time format. The code line that fills the 3 field with the difference is as follows: Me.txtWorkTimeAmount = 24 * (Me.txtProjectWorkEndTime ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

OPOS Errors when running without Administrator Rights
We've been having trouble with OPOS when running RMS POS under one of our AD Power User or User accounts. On certain POS terminals, we have no trouble running it with a standard user account but the rest all need to be logged in as an Administrator for it to work properly. It never gives out a specific error message and there's no mention of errors in the Event Logs, but instead it will do strange things like print a copy of the previous debit/credit transaction off instead of the current one. For example, Trans #1's debit slip will print fine. Then when Trans #2 completes, only t...

Vista and AD Terminal Services Properties
I have installed RSAT SP1 and later (KB941314 2/24/2009) and the hotfix for AD Users and Computers (KB960890 6/22/2009) on my Vista 32 bit OS. I can now view the Terminal Services tabs in ADUC. However, I am unable to query or write any AD terminal services properties via VBScript or Powershell. The scripts work without issues on Windows XP SP3. if I remember correctly, the functionality for manipulating AD terminal services properties was installed as part of the Windows 2003 Resource Kit or Support Tools. I have seen a few web pages which state scripts manipulating the AD termi...